It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Beardown wrote:
I agree. Bears fans that cheer when they are on offense are stupid.

But guess what? Cutler got his message across. It will be heard. Bears fans will now be quiet. It's a non issue now. Bernstein still wants to make it a big thing.

I disagree. Jay Cutler & head coach Lovie Smith may have gotten their message across, but Bears' fans won't listen, especially if they're in position to score a TD in the red zone.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:33 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Beardown wrote:

But guess what? Cutler got his message across. It will be heard. Bears fans will now be quiet. It's a non issue now. Bernstein still wants to make it a big thing.

I hope that is true. i feel like this isn't the first time this has been brought up before either. However this is definitely the most attention it got. Maybe repeating the discussion of this needs to be done to get into the meatballs' heads. The rest of us might just have to listen to this longer than needed. Let's wait for that next home game though until we are sure fans get it. i still think the Bears game operations people need to step it up with visual aids. Off the top of my head I know Indy and Tennessee do things for that.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

Curious Hair wrote:
It's gonna be even quieter in there when they move back to Los Angeles. :cheers:

Beardown wrote:
Do you know who told Goff to watch the line play? Bernstein. All of Goff's sports "truths" have been taught to him by Bernstein. All Goff does is recite Bernstein's bible as his own. I'm not saying it's all wrong either. I'm just saying that Goff learned it all from his boss.

Earlier, Jason said "remember when Orlando got an NBA team and the p.a. announcer would have to yell 'TRAAAA-VEL-IIIIIING!!!'"? Well, I don't, because I was busy being three years old, but I do remember Dan telling that same exact story like a dozen times, so he must remember it, too.

Goff and Larry do this all the time. Literally just take Bernstein's examples and points and recite them as their own. It's quite something.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:36 pm 

Woodridge Ryan wrote:
Beardown wrote:

I hope that is true. i feel like this isn't the first time this has been brought up before either. However this is definitely the most attention it got. Maybe repeating the discussion of this needs to be done to get into the meatballs' heads. The rest of us might just have to listen to this longer than needed. Let's wait for that next home game though until we are sure fans get it. i still think the Bears game operations people need to step it up with visual aids. Off the top of my head I know Indy and Tennessee do things for that.

They already had done so with the orange signs on the JumboTrons with QUIET! BEARS' OFFENSE AT WORK on there. Too bad Bear fans didn't get the memo and they'll continue to thumb their nose on Cutler & Smith's request.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
SHARK wrote:
Beardown wrote:

I disagree. Jay Cutler & head coach Lovie Smith may have gotten their message across, but Bears' fans won't listen, especially if they're in position to score a TD in the red zone.

Agreed. I hope we're wrong, pal, but I wouldn't bet 2 farthings on it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:37 pm 

Bears fans dont have as much endzone experience as most teams

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:39 pm 
1000 CLUB

rogers park bryan wrote:

:lol:

Well they'll get plenty this year.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:40 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:

BEAR WEATHER!

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinders
SHARK wrote:

You are correct sir. They'll be loud just to spite Jay "I wanna punch his face" Cutler...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:46 pm 
1000 CLUB

I know it's been an issue before. But I think Cutler will get them to stop with this latest tirade. Fans don't hate Cutler. It's just wrong to say that. He's more beloved than people say.

At the old Soldier Field in wasn't a big issue cuz it was a big bowl open stadium. Fans were so far back. Place gets real loud now cuz it's more enclosed with those upper decks that are closer to the field than any other stadium in the NFL. Especially the west side of the stadium.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
Some boob called in a couple years ago (OKC has it on his YouTube channel somewhere) bitching about the Bears' safeties. Goff leapt in over Dan and Terry and needled the guy about how "I wanna hear your list of top safeties, because I'm sure you know all the big names like Ed Reed, but who else?" Because the bellwether of NFL expertise is one's ability to name obscure safeties whom Goff thinks are awesome. Mitch should make him an NFL Insider too.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
well, now we get a little window into call screening...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:54 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
As if bitching about the Bears' safeties is going out on a limb. Aren't most erstwhile Bears safeties out of football altogether? Didn't Al Afalava fall off the planet?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:56 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
As if bitching about the Bears' safeties is going out on a limb. Aren't most erstwhile Bears safeties out of football altogether? Didn't Al Afalava fall off the planet?

Also, knowing names of safeties means very little

Every Madden junkie in the world knows every safety

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:00 pm 
1000 CLUB

Goff isn't that smart.

Goff is to radio what Bears fans are to the red zone.

Saying "Da Ma Na" is the equivalent to the fans cheering the Bears on offense. It hurts the Bears chance of winning just like it hurts Goff's chance of winning radio. Goff couldn't stop. Still can't. He'll never stop. I think the Bears fans will stop. So Bears fans are smarter than Goff. Boo-yaa!!!! That's logic that can't be disputed.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:13 pm 

Maybe the "smart" Bears fans should rent a billboard telling the "dumb" ones to be quiet?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:17 pm 

Here we go again! Another "CBS Sports Minute" brought to you by Doug Gottlieb.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:24 pm 
1000 CLUB

Internet feed down?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:25 pm 

SHARK wrote:

I kinda like the Boomer Esiason ones they do in the morning. I like his views and anything to get Mully and Hanley away for a few minutes...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:28 pm 

Makalu G wrote:
SHARK wrote:

I kinda like the Boomer Esiason ones they do in the morning. I like his views and anything to get Mully and Hanley away for a few minutes...

The ones with Boomer Esiason are really good. In fact, there's talk that the morning show Boomer does on The SCORE's sister station WFAN-New York with Craig Carton, also seen on MSG Network weekday mornings, might headline CBS Sports Radio Network's sports talk lineup starting in January.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:31 pm 
1000 CLUB

Goff just said Mad Dog was too whiny for him as a sports talk personality :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:32 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
Woodridge Ryan wrote:
Goff just said Mad Dog was too whiny for him as a sports talk personality :lol:

Now wait a second wait a second wait a second wait a second wait a second wait a second wait a second. Wait a second. Wait a second.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:34 pm 

I picture Woodridge Ryan being pelted with hailstorm of peanuts from several rows behind him as he maniacly waves his arms as an instruction for fans of a team he doesn't care about to be quiet.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:39 pm 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
I picture Woodridge Ryan being pelted with hailstorm of peanuts from several rows behind him as he maniacly waves his arms as an instruction for fans of a team he doesn't care about to be quiet.

Sounds about right :D . I do wear Bears gear when I go to bears game though and cheer them on so I fit in ok. We did have a guy throw up two rows behind us last year and the puke slid its way down to our seats and further down. Was incredibly gross. The smell was unbearable. He happened to be one of those jackasses making noises the entire time.

1000 CLUB

So Goff knows football, right? He knows safties, right?

Wrong!!! Goff just said Ed Reed is the best safety since Ronnie Lott and Rod Woodson. Rod Woodson was an all pro CORNERBACK!!! He didn't turn safety until he was 34 years old. Played out his last 5 years as one. That's when he was well past his prime. He was a decent safety in those years. But he's in the HOF for his 12 years at CB. :roll:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WoodRo01.htm

Last edited by Beardown on Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Woodridge Ryan wrote:
Out of all the NFL games I've been to outside of Soldier Field, the fans always knew when to be loud and when to be quiet.

I'm guessing your experience as a Colts season ticket holder is really just the sound guy turning down the piped in crowd noise.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:44 pm 
1000 CLUB

sjboyd0137 wrote:
Woodridge Ryan wrote:
Out of all the NFL games I've been to outside of Soldier Field, the fans always knew when to be loud and when to be quiet.

I'm guessing your experience as a Colts season ticket holder is really just the sound guy turning down the piped in crowd noise.

:roll:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Woodridge Ryan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Sounds about right :D . I do wear Bears gear when I go to bears game though and cheer them on so I fit in ok. We did have a guy throw up two rows behind us last year and the puke slid its way down to our seats and further down. Was incredibly gross. The smell was unbearable. He happened to be one of those jackasses making noises the entire time.

:lol: Miss you here! Good to see you!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:07 pm 
1000 CLUB

Miss you too Spaulding! Hope all is well with you and your family.

I pretty much hang out with the wrestling/MMA degenerates on here for the most part and talk about dem good ol' days.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
This Gottlieb spot is the fucking worst. Fuck.