It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Cheap shot about Thibs negotiation but:
Jason Goff NBA Expert wrote:
Until you see a deal...there is no deal.

Rich, compelling, expert analysis. Couldn't help it :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
redskingreg wrote:
This Gottlieb spot is the fucking worst. Fuck.

His hushed tone following the spot of Mully and his very odd voice inflection discussing The Bearrrssss was too much back to back.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Kirkwood wrote:

So I guess it's safe to say that a deal between Thibs and the Bulls isn't imminent?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
SomeGuy wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

So I guess it's safe to say that a deal between Thibs and the Bulls isn't imminent?

Nice. And what a ridiculously obvious stance to take for the Score's bball insider. Until you see it reported that it's happened, don't believe it's happened. Isnt that what you do, for, um, every fucking sports story?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:31 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
uofiguy wrote:
Nice. And what a ridiculously obvious stance to take for the Score's bball insider. Until you see it reported that it's happened, don't believe it's happened. Isnt that what you do, for, um, every fucking sports story?

Not when you're reporting that Lebron James will be a Bull.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
uofiguy wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

QUIET. THE BEARS ARE WORKING.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:12 pm 

Highlight of the show was having the college football guy on, and Dan having to ask Goff which team players were on when their names were mentioned. He probably should know college players if he is having a expert on.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
schmitty1121 wrote:
Highlight of the show was having the college football guy on, and Dan having to ask Goff which team players were on when their names were mentioned. He probably should know college players if he is having a expert on.

Dan has a Heisman vote, doesn't he?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
schmitty1121 wrote:

That, I will bet, is an act.

Remember, BernSTINE is too cool, too smart and too educated a fan to ever, ever watch college sports or even pay attention to them.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
Tad Queasy wrote:
schmitty1121 wrote:

Does he really?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:33 pm 

Glad Goff is getting exposed, errr more exposure, and folks are getting to hear the hollow sports thoughts he has.

"Best believe" that Gar knows what is going on....and don't believe anything about an extension until you see an extension signed. Also love his take on Ed Reed, pretty heady stuff there Goff.

I don't need my sports talk host to be a walking Les-like encyclopedia of stupid crap, but I cannot stand the breathy stutters and stammers and the "best believes" and the "I've heard some stuff, and all I'm saying is wait and see what happens, don't trust all of the rumors about ________" crap. It's insulting. Boers has been doing it for YEARS - BernSTINE has jumped in on that game the last few years - and now, of course, the wannabe expert Goff knows "stuff" and has great war stories just like his heroes. Man, that one night when Pip said that Ronnie Brewer's shot was the worst, LOLz. Good ole dayz.

Where is Terry, by the way? I missed it. Seems odd to be out just a couple of days out from the big GB tilt, I hope everything is ok (honestly).

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:50 pm 
1000 CLUB

Harry Seaward wrote:
Glad Goff is getting exposed, errr more exposure, and folks are getting to hear the hollow sports thoughts he has.

"Best believe" that Gar knows what is going on....and don't believe anything about an extension until you see an extension signed. Also love his take on Ed Reed, pretty heady stuff there Goff.

I don't need my sports talk host to be a walking Les-like encyclopedia of stupid crap, but I cannot stand the breathy stutters and stammers and the "best believes" and the "I've heard some stuff, and all I'm saying is wait and see what happens, don't trust all of the rumors about ________" crap. It's insulting. Boers has been doing it for YEARS - BernSTINE has jumped in on that game the last few years - and now, of course, the wannabe expert Goff knows "stuff" and has great war stories just like his heroes. Man, that one night when Pip said that Ronnie Brewer's shot was the worst, LOLz. Good ole dayz.

Where is Terry, by the way? I missed it. Seems odd to be out just a couple of days out from the big GB tilt, I hope everything is ok (honestly).

I'm amazed at how Goff allows himself to become so influenced by B&B. It's not just these bullshit stories of knowing stuff or his "I told you motha fuckas" attitude. He actually takes Bernstein's stories and presents them as his own.

I kind of get it a little. Cuz B&B have made millions doing what they do. Goff sees this and is trying so hard to copy them thinking it will mean millions for him. It's so desperate and everybody sees through it. Bernstein has some credibility with me. I actually believe Bernstein has inside info and knows people. I know Goff doesn't have shit. Goff doesn't get that you can't pull off the "Bernstein thing" without having some credibility. He just doesn't get that.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

There are often times where Goff exposes himself as the wide-eyed, dumb kid that's way out of his league. Same with drinky. When Bernstein has to explain things to him. I mean stuff that anybody with any sort of sense should know, but Goff and drink...well...let's just say they're not the sharpest knives in the drawer.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:14 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Dave In Champaign wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

Does he really?

Yeah, it comes up during voting season that he does indeed. I have no idea how he got it; maybe all sportswriters get one. It's still not as bad as Rick Telander having a decidedly precious BBWAA vote and repeatedly using it to vote for no one because he can't believe in magic anymore.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Curious Hair wrote:
Dave In Champaign wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

Does he really?

Yeah, it comes up during voting season that he does indeed. I have no idea how he got it; maybe all sportswriters get one. It's still not as bad as Rick Telander having a decidedly precious BBWAA vote and repeatedly using it to vote for no one because he can't believe in magic anymore.

He really skews the voting for the magicians HoF when he does that shit too.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:36 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Doug henning is still pissed at Telander.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
Curious Hair wrote:
Dave In Champaign wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

Does he really?

Oof. I'm not a particularly big fan of college football, but that's pretty indefensible.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:37 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Nah, I like the mental picture of someone tabulating all the Heisman votes. "Well, so far I have 672 for Tim Tebow, 348 for Jake Locker, and then there seems to be one here for 'anyone who runs a ton of stuff.' Do I throw this one out, Earl?"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:15 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Woodridge Ryan wrote:
Beardown wrote:
I agree. Bears fans that cheer when they are on offense are stupid.

But guess what? Cutler got his message across. It will be heard. Bears fans will now be quiet. It's a non issue now. Bernstein still wants to make it a big thing.

I hope that is true. i feel like this isn't the first time this has been brought up before either. However this is definitely the most attention it got. Maybe repeating the discussion of this needs to be done to get into the meatballs' heads. The rest of us might just have to listen to this longer than needed. Let's wait for that next home game though until we are sure fans get it. i still think the Bears game operations people need to step it up with visual aids. Off the top of my head I know Indy and Tennessee do things for that.

Beardown wrote:
I know it's been an issue before. But I think Cutler will get them to stop with this latest tirade. Fans don't hate Cutler. It's just wrong to say that. He's more beloved than people say.

At the old Soldier Field in wasn't a big issue cuz it was a big bowl open stadium. Fans were so far back. Place gets real loud now cuz it's more enclosed with those upper decks that are closer to the field than any other stadium in the NFL. Especially the west side of the stadium.

Crowd noise was only a problem on the first drive, the one in which Cutler had to burn the time out.

They normally do flash "Quiet -- Offense at Work" graphics but they failed to do so on that first drive until after Cutler called time out. Also that drive was in the north end zone where the noise is especially magnified by the proximity of the stands. And at that point the crowd was more amped up than normal -- probably due to a combination of it being the first game of the season and the bears at that point were turning the game after such a bad start.

For the remainder of the game it really was not an issue.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:04 am 

pizza_Place: NEW YORK STYLE PEPPERONI FROM LOMBARDI'S IN MANHATTAN.
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
redskingreg wrote:
A harder listen:

Sox attendance talk

OR

Loud Bears fans when Cutler and crew are in the red zone

Both topics are far more interesting than Penn State or CTE talk.

Bernstein has mastered the obvious regarding Bears fans.

WOO LIFE!!!!