It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:23 pm 

I only bring back Youk if it's for 5 million at the most. AJ and Peavy can walk. AJ seems fishy, and Peavy won't stay healthy next year, feel bad for the sucker that ends up signing him.

I really hate Dan's daily update on the playoff %'s. He really is a sucker for stupid shit.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
schmitty1121 wrote:
I only bring back Youk if it's for 5 million at the most. AJ and Peavy can walk. AJ seems fishy, and Peavy won't stay healthy next year, feel bad for the sucker that ends up signing him.

I really hate Dan's daily update on the playoff %'s. He really is a sucker for stupid shit.

I think that's the ONLY way the White Sox bring back Kevin Youkilis. I don't know about $5 million, but it has to be a reasonable amount. Let's not forget who was supposed to be this team's third baseman before back issues cut short his first full season in the majors. Remember Brent Morel? He might be this team's 3B again next year.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
schmitty1121 wrote:

Yes. 1 GB is exactly that. I don't need to hear percentages analyzing games back. It's not hard to understand.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:35 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Guy just asked about Quote of the Year. Can there be any doubt that 2012's winner is "Sack Machine"?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:37 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Guy just asked about Quote of the Year. Can there be any doubt that 2012's winner is "Sack Machine"?

Don't forget Mel. Hooooooorrrrrrrrrraaaaayyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!! Who wants to eat? Who the f**k wants to eat???

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:51 pm 

redskingreg wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Don't forget Mel. Hooooooorrrrrrrrrraaaaayyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!! Who wants to eat? Who the f**k wants to eat???

I thought he was a nominee last year...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:05 pm 

I love whodunits.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:07 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
I love whodunits.

:lol: :lol: That was Greg Gumbel reading a promo for a new CBS show during Sunday's Colts/Bears' game & Dan Dierdorf's smart response...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:11 pm 

Can Boers simply record those "By Cracky!" soundbites?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:18 pm 

I'm Doug Gottlieb. There are sports. People. Play sports. Sometimes. One sport. Is like another. So maybe. This could be. The year. Tony Romo. Wins. At sports. Because golf. And LeBron. Sports.

C-B-S SPORTS-RA-DI-O!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:19 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
I'm Doug Gottlieb. There are sports. People. Play sports. Sometimes. One sport. Is like another. So maybe. This could be. The year. Tony Romo. Wins. At sports. Because golf. And LeBron. Sports.

C-B-S SPORTS-RA-DI-O!!

I heard that myself. Are you kidding me?! Tony Romo being mentioned in the same breath with Andy Murray(?) & LeBron James? Who ya crappin', Doug Gottlieb?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:22 pm 

T.I.L. that Doug Gottlieb runs on batteries and when the charge runs out, he turns into a Les caller.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:26 pm 

Can they find other sports talkers from across America to do those "CBS Sports Minutes"?

Also coming up, a "Chicago Football Report" with ZZ following "The Second Half" & someone trying to sing "I Love This Bar" by Toby Keith, coinciding with the sports/music bar where the guys broadcast live in Rosemont tomorrow afternoon.

First...It doesn't appear as if Adam Dunn is a go tonight for Tigers/White Sox. The lineup hasn't been posted, says the Trib's Mark Gonzales, but it appears that Dunn might miss a 6th straight game with the oblique if you read between the lines.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:52 pm 

"Jamie, are you hot?"

Laurence Goff for a second there.

Hahaha, that was a terrible segment that obviously came From Above. They really fast-tracked that one.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:58 pm 

schmitty1121 wrote:

Even 5 million is a little high. Youk is about a 3 million one year contract type player at this point. Someone will do something stupid with Peavy. I'd give him 12 million per but only 2 years. AJ is the tricky contract. I don't think the market will be fooled by this year. At the same time, you don't want him to feel disrespected by hitting the open market. I'd try to sign him to an identical contract to this year. They should be able to get him in the $5 million per year range.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:17 pm 

Gottlieb told us about the two things he learned in college. :lol: :lol: :lol: He conveniently left out "wallet theft is bad."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
:lol: :lol: Dr. Ken gave us a stellar Herb Lawrence minute. At Boers request give me that Bernstein sports minute. Tried a PSU and CTE...it lacked the funny.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:43 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
SomeGuy wrote:
SHARK wrote:
Boers says the White Sox have decisions to make in the offseason. He's right on the $$$$.

Wow! What in-depth analysis by Terry. What teams don't have off season decisions to make?

That's a lot like saying "There is no deal until there is a deal" and "they run a ton of stuff."

*SIGH* Look, again, I, I, I, I, I, it's the White Sox, I mean, eh, uh, uh, the decisions they have to make are different than the ones teams like Boston, the Yankees, and the Cubs have to make, uh, eh, eh, I mean, look, again, the Sox don't have any money at all and all the empty seats aren't helping things, I'm, I, I, I, uh, all's I'm sayin' is they don't have a core of future Hall of Famers on the South side like Theo has built up north and, uh, eh, look, again, in my world, they need to win this season because this is the window, and it will be Cubs town again, maybe as soon as next year, uh, I, I mean I'm already thinking Cubs Wild Card in 2013, but, *SIGH*, look, in point of fact, the Sox can either bring these old guys back or not, but, for the love of God, the roster will be different next year, that's all's I'm sayin'.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
I'm shocked to hear that Stone is really into MMA. It's the sport that comes the closest to replicating gay sex.

Albeit very violent gay sex.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:57 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
A7X wrote:
It's the sport that comes the closest to replicating gay sex.

That's why it's fast becoming America's Most Popular Sport.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Lanny Poffo's Sausage and More
A7X wrote:
I'm shocked to hear that Stone is really into MMA. It's the sport that comes the closest to replicating gay sex.

Albeit very violent gay sex.

For all you youngsters out there, that is the proper technique for mounting a man.

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.