It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 6:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:05 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Because the White Sox & Indians are playing this afternoon, it'll be a late start for the "Boers & Bernstein Show" this afternoon. I'm not sure how much time Boers & Jason Goff will have while Bernstein observes Yom Kippur, but here's a thumbnail of what they could discuss after Chris Rongey's "Xfinity Postgame":

*More Indians/White Sox Reaction From This Afternoon's Matinee
*A Touchdown or an Interception: Controversial Finish to Packers/Seahawks on "Monday Night Football"
*Disciplinary Action for NE's Belichick, BAL's John Harbaugh & WSH's Kyle Shanahan from NFL?
*NFL & Regular Officials Continue to Play Hardball
*More Rams/Bears' Post-Mortem w/The SCORE/PFW/Dial Global Sports' Hub Arkush @ 5P (Time Permitting)

This much is certain. Goff subs for Bernstein the next 2 days w/Boers.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:27 am 

Keeping Score wrote:
SHARK wrote:
Because the White Sox & Indians are playing this afternoon, it'll be a late start for the "Boers & Bernstein Show" this afternoon. I'm not sure how much time Boers & Jason Goff will have while Bernstein observes Yom Kippur, but here's a thumbnail of what they could discuss after Chris Rongey's "Xfinity Postgame":

*More Indians/White Sox Reaction From This Afternoon's Matinee
*A Touchdown or an Interception: Controversial Finish to Packers/Seahawks on "Monday Night Football"
*Disciplinary Action for NE's Belichick, BAL's John Harbaugh & WSH's Kyle Shanahan from NFL?
*NFL & Regular Officials Continue to Play Hardball
*More Rams/Bears' Post-Mortem w/The SCORE/PFW/Dial Global Sports' Hub Arkush @ 5P (Time Permitting)

This much is certain. Goff subs for Bernstein the next 2 days w/Boers.

How is Hub gonna be on but not Bernsie?

I don't understand these Jewish holidays. Are they mandatory days off, or just a convenient way for Bernsie to get out of work an extra 30 days a year?
I put the term (Time Permitting) in parentheses for a reason, KS. It's not a sure thing Hub will be on as scheduled. What if the Indians/White Sox goes later than expected?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:17 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I think what he was getting at was that if Dan has the day off, Hub does too.

Quote:
I don't understand these Jewish holidays. Are they mandatory days off, or just a convenient way for Bernsie to get out of work an extra 30 days a year?

Rosh Hashanah (new year) and Yom Kippur (day of atonement) are the two most important Jewish holidays, arguably more important than any holidays are to Christians, such that even some of the most lapsed secularists are spooked into attending services those days. I don't know where Dan falls along that continuum of observance, though if you've been paying attention over the years, he's obviously not as against religion--or at least his own--as he makes himself out to be.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:09 pm 

The White Sox game is over. The Sox lost to the Indians this afternoon 4-3, despite 3 solo homers off the bats of A.J. Pierzynski, Dayan Viciedo & Paul Konerko. Terry & Jason will be starting up an abbreviated "B & B Show", sans Bernstein, right after these messages.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:40 pm 

The "Boers & Bernstein Show" is officially underway with Goff subbing for Bernstein the next 2 days. Here's all they have planned today:

5P: The SCORE/PFW/Dial Global Sports' Hub Arkush-Rams/Bears & "MNF" Fallout from Packers/Seahawks

Terry's "two favorite words", Laurence "DECAF PLEASE!" Holmes has a "full boat show" tonight from 6-10P this eve on 670 The SCORE & 670thescore.com. The voice of the Kane County Cougars, Wayne Randazzo, has the latenight SCORE starting @ 10P. "SCORE Overnight" with Les Grobstein & Adam Harris follows @ Midnight until 5A Wednesday.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Quote:
Rosh Hashanah (new year) and Yom Kippur (day of atonement) are the two most important Jewish holidays, arguably more important than any holidays are to Christians, such that even some of the most lapsed secularists are spooked into attending services those days. I don't know where Dan falls along that continuum of observance, though if you've been paying attention over the years, he's obviously not as against religion--or at least his own--as he makes himself out to be.

I can't see Bernstein repenting. He's never wrong.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:59 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Does Bernsie also take off the Christmas holiday as well? Just kidding of course he does but that is one disadvantage of not being Jewish I guess not getting any extra ones off? :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:24 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
The Score doesn't have a regular programming schedule on Christmas Day. They just go on autopilot and carry football and stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:52 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Oh yeah good point.