It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 6:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Boboli
I wish Dan would stop saying that Sandusky said he doesn't think what he did is wrong.

From the tape I heard,like most convicts, he's claiming he didn't any of what he was convicted of doing.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:53 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Dave In Champaign wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Though I gotta say, rattling off the list of bad coaches around the NFL really gave me pause. That was a long list of idiots.

I'd be very interested in hearing that list. I'll have to podcast this hour later on.

Mike Mularkey, Greg Schiano, Romeo Crennel, Mike Munchak, Chan Gailey, Jason Garrett

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Curious Hair wrote:
Dave In Champaign wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Though I gotta say, rattling off the list of bad coaches around the NFL really gave me pause. That was a long list of idiots.

I'd be very interested in hearing that list. I'll have to podcast this hour later on.

Mike Mularkey, Greg Schiano, Romeo Crennel, Mike Munchak, Chan Gailey, Jason Garrett

Even a guy like Marvin Lewis I believe has been tenured almost as long as Lovie, with much worse results.

Saints fans have griped about Sean Payton the past two seasons. I wonder if they would like him back.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
Curious Hair wrote:
Dave In Champaign wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Yeah, that's rough sledding. You can add Norv Turner and Marvin Lewis to the list. Maybe too early, but Shurmur and Chico look like candidates too. And FWIW, I've always thought John Fox was hugely overrated, but he got to a Super Bowl so whatevs.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:59 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
SHARK wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
This team's principals are old (Urlacher: 13th, Peppers: 11th, Briggs and Peanut: 10th). When they start to decline, it'll be hard and fast. Already is with Urlacher. This should be a last hurrah for Lovie, a veteran-friendly coach. You can't extend him into 2015 because he ran up the score on the Jaguars the other day.

I think it would be a last hurrah for HC Lovie Smith if the Bears sign him to a reported 2-year extension. This team isn't getting any younger.

Why do I feel like I'm reading the same thing twice?

Why do I feel like I'm reading the same thing twice?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:59 pm 

Marvin Lewis is another guy who has settled into a job because the incompetent owner likes him and would be too incompetent to find a worthy replacement in the first place. Virginia McCaskey (EDIT: or rather Ted Phillips for most intents and purposes, I suppose) isn't offensively annoying like Mike Brown is, but they're in the same neighborhood.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
FavreFan wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Dave In Champaign wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Even a guy like Marvin Lewis I believe has been tenured almost as long as Lovie, with much worse results.

Saints fans have griped about Sean Payton the past two seasons. I wonder if they would like him back.

Even though he coached the Bengals to the NFL Playoffs last year, Marvin Lewis was on the NFL's hit list among coaches on the hot seat. Two years ago, the Texans' Gary Kubiak was on thin ice, too. The same could be said for ANY Raiders' head coach since Jon Gruden left & the Chargers' Norv Turner. I swear to God Norv has had more lives than Morris the Cat from the "9 Lives" commercials!

Last edited by SHARK on Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Curious Hair wrote:
I mean, odds are that if the Bears hire a new coach, he'll be a complete tard. Best to play it safe with a guy who's really frustrating at times but generally pretty good. This is The Bears Way.

Amen!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Curious Hair wrote:
Marvin Lewis is another guy who has settled into a job because the incompetent owner likes him and would be too incompetent to find a worthy replacement in the first place. Virginia McCaskey (EDIT: or rather Ted Phillips for most intents and purposes, I suppose) isn't offensively annoying like Mike Brown is, but they're in the same neighborhood.

SHARK wrote:
The Bengals and Bears are in different conferences, CH.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:07 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:

The Mike Brown-Marvin Lewis marriage is a match made in heaven. Brown's too cheap and too stupid to find anyone better; Lewis is willing to work for pennies because he knows no one else will give him a head-coaching gig.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
anybody in shock that Terry's guys came through on the contract news? Or is he full of crap again?

HEIGHT TALK

There's the five eight and "a half" again. Who says "a half" after the age of 10? :lol: :lol: Just give it up, Dan.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:09 pm 

Dave In Champaign wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

The Mike Brown-Marvin Lewis marriage is a match made in heaven. Brown's too cheap and too stupid to find anyone better; Lewis is willing to work for pennies because he knows no one else will give him a head-coaching gig.

To think Marvin Lewis was once the NFL's hottest name for a head coaching vacancy when he was defensive coordinator in Baltimore. I don't know if he'll ever get another head coaching job once the Bengals FINALLY send Marvin on his way out.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:12 pm 

Ask Dan how old he is, and he replies by excitedly flipping up all five fingers on each hand, five times over while exclaiming "I'm this many!"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:14 pm 

redskingreg wrote:
Ask Dan how old he is, and he replies by excitedly flipping up all five fingers on each hand, five times over while exclaiming "I'm this many!"

50?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:16 pm 

SHARK wrote:
redskingreg wrote:

50?

or four times. I don't know the age of the Tom Hanks-looking Dan Bernstein, SHARK.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Dave In Champaign wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Dave In Champaign wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Yeah, that's rough sledding. You can add Norv Turner and Marvin Lewis to the list. Maybe too early, but Shurmur and Chico look like candidates too. And FWIW, I've always thought John Fox was hugely overrated, but he got to a Super Bowl so whatevs.

Having watched many Cleveland Browns games I can assure you Pat Shurmur sucks. He's an offensive-minded coach with an absolutely terrible offense. His play-calling is complete garbage. His fucking decision to trust Weeden to throw a pass on 3rd and 1 close to the red zone was terrible (Weeden got picked). He got scared b/c T-Rich got stuffed the previous drive on 3rd and 1. Awesome coaching to not trust your top-5 RB who was crushing the Giants all 1st half b/c of one failed conversion.

Going on a Browns rant is like pounding sand but I want to also mention the total lack of growth of any offensive skill position players. Little and Massaquoi are slop. McCoy has been ruined by Shurmur and replaced with a rookie grandpa. The tight-end position is non-existent. Shurmur sucks. Holmgren totally Lou Pinella'd the Browns. Dude has been hiding in the shadows supposedly rebuilding the Browns. Great job fatass.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
"That dude" has to be added to the list of things Score guys need to stop saying.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:42 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
Having watched many Cleveland Browns games I can assure you Pat Shurmur sucks. He's an offensive-minded coach with an absolutely terrible offense. His play-calling is complete garbage. His fucking decision to trust Weeden to throw a pass on 3rd and 1 close to the red zone was terrible (Weeden got picked). He got scared b/c T-Rich got stuffed the previous drive on 3rd and 1. Awesome coaching to not trust your top-5 RB who was crushing the Giants all 1st half b/c of one failed conversion.

Going on a Browns rant is like pounding sand but I want to also mention the total lack of growth of any offensive skill position players. Little and Massaquoi are slop. McCoy has been ruined by Shurmur and replaced with a rookie grandpa. The tight-end position is non-existent. Shurmur sucks. Holmgren totally Lou Pinella'd the Browns. Dude has been hiding in the shadows supposedly rebuilding the Browns. Great job fatass.

Yeah, it was bad. There were two different 3rd and short (3 or less) plays, both of them while the game was still competitive, in which Shurmur pulled Richardson off the field entirely and had Weeden throw. I think they finished with something like 19 rushing attempts for the game. Just utter insanity.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:50 pm 

The guys are now arguing about Tim Tebow, Mark Sanchez & the disaster area now known as the New York Jets.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
uofiguy wrote:
"That dude" has to be added to the list of things Score guys need to stop saying.

Yeah.

Just scintillating NBA talk but Goff.

"I mean, in that series he was the dude that needed to be the dude. Ya know, he made a lot of plays and looked darn good doing it but he couldn't get the ball at time. And, you know, he was like that in the Spurs series until the Spurs decided to lose 4 games straight!"

Great stuff on Russell Westbrook as well, lamenting the possibility that this may be the best we get out of ole' Russell. Huh?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
I haven't listened much today, but this talk of animals is pretty funny. Good 4-way discussion going on. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:18 pm 

SHARK wrote:
The guys are now arguing about Tim Tebow, Mark Sanchez & the disaster area now known as the New York Jets.

I thought that game was going to be a blow-out judging by the first drives of both teams. The Jets actually kept it within reason. A moral victory, nothing more.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Gino's - Sausage
redskingreg wrote:
There's the five eight and "a half" again. Who says "a half" after the age of 10? :lol: :lol: Just give it up, Dan.

Does Dan still celebrate his half-birthday too?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:27 pm 

Old Man River wrote:
redskingreg wrote:

Does Dan still celebrate his half-birthday too?

Too funny. That is exactly my height, but I just say 5,8. I always laugh when people shorter than me say they're 5,10.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:32 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I'm exactly 6'0" tall and I always think it's interesting that anybody between 5'10"-6'0" always says they are 6'0" tall.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
denisdman wrote:
"SHARK" and "original content" are antonyms.

No shit.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
I always wanted to be around 6'3". Not too tall but tall enough to be considered tall. Being short and fat sucks.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:32 pm 

My biggest insecurity is having calves of steel with no upper body definition whatsoever. I am pudding on stilts.