It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:11 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Dan was talking about his "reporting" of the Kerry Wood personal services contract from last year which 1) would have been improper under MLB rules and 2) Dan still cannot give any parameters of the contract

Yah, heard him say "as I reported back...." then proceed to give no details of anything. Maybe Bob's seat is too much, too soon, but certainly his personal services deal was to have him do more than just open restaurants etc. Great, inside, hot information Dan. Another one of those stories where we'll know, without a doubt, when Dan is proven correct. Or not. Another roll of the dice based based on nothing more than a dash of common sense + a safe lie. Cause, hey, if Wood does end up in the booth...BOOM, scoreboard. If he doesn't, well if Dan's insider info is ever brought up it will be a simple "listen, they didn't really know what it would entail at the time and obviously they got to a point where Kerry wasn't comfortable behind the mic so he'll be out at Chevy dealerships shaking hands."

I tune into this show for laughs and an escape, I don't need the God awful "I talked to my guy, and I'm just saying be on the lookout for something big" crap.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Q.Bovifs wrote:
uofiguy wrote:
Harry Seaward wrote:
To whomever said Terry is the "only" person in the media that uses "I got a guy", that's a lie too. Look no further than the guy he (sometimes) sits in the studio with. Just yesterday and today Dan has been wowing everyone with stories of his insiders in Champaign, Nike and the Bulls. He doesn't use "guy" as much as Uncle Teary does, but the validity of his "sources" are not much more solid than what Terry belches out. I think it's just embarrassing, for both of them. Terry obviously makes up a lot of stuff, on the fly, whereas I think Dan comes in with some "doesn't really matter, either way, and if it goes opposite whatever I say it'll be easy enough to just state that it could have ALWAYS gone the other way" pre-loaded.

I guess the good news for this show is that Jason "big time NBA insider" is gone ... that's one less "I got a guy at the UC who told me some stuff...snicker, snort...best believe Rasual Butler wasn't liking what Thibs was dishing out" useless BS machine. ;)

Great point. Just this week, Dan's had a NASA source, a Nike marketing source, an Illini source...could be just as fictional as Terry's "guys".

My favorite dude with never-ending sources is Barry from Storage Wars.

Now when THAT guy says that he has a guy, he has a guy!

Yeah, I agree. I love people that say, "my guy." Then present you with "the guy." And you are like, "no shit." You just blew my mind

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:39 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Harry Seaward wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Dan was talking about his "reporting" of the Kerry Wood personal services contract from last year which 1) would have been improper under MLB rules and 2) Dan still cannot give any parameters of the contract

Yah, heard him say "as I reported back...." then proceed to give no details of anything. Maybe Bob's seat is too much, too soon, but certainly his personal services deal was to have him do more than just open restaurants etc. Great, inside, hot information Dan. Another one of those stories where we'll know, without a doubt, when Dan is proven correct. Or not. Another roll of the dice based based on nothing more than a dash of common sense + a safe lie. Cause, hey, if Wood does end up in the booth...BOOM, scoreboard. If he doesn't, well if Dan's insider info is ever brought up it will be a simple "listen, they didn't really know what it would entail at the time and obviously they got to a point where Kerry wasn't comfortable behind the mic so he'll be out at Chevy dealerships shaking hands."

I tune into this show for laughs and an escape, I don't need the God awful "I talked to my guy, and I'm just saying be on the lookout for something big" crap.

Good stuff, Harry.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:26 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
SomeGuy wrote:
Harry Seaward wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Good stuff, Harry.

I object. I broke this story as it happened.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:19 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Harry Seaward wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Agreed..well stated

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:35 am 

HOLY CRAP.

Just listening to Friday's podcasts, and Terry is proudly tearing people apart who dared to say that Andy Reid's kid was "on the right path" and on the way to recovery when he died. He knew, of course, that he was still using and absolutely knew that he died of an OD. Jesus. How can Dan just sit there? Seriously, it's so absurd. He knew Reid's kid had an issue, he knew that being near his dad wasn't helping, he knew that WITHOUT A DOUBT he died of an OD (because, well, and again, and listen, if you thought for one second that he had cleaned up, well, and again, in point of fact you're wrong).

BREAKING NEWS: Garrett Reid died of an OD. TB knew about it WHEN he died. You're an idiot, and need help, if you thought otherwise.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:37 pm 

WSCR is doing its best to keep this story going. Every update, "talk of a contract extension surfaced last week....."

Yeah, because your non-reporter who barely leaves home allegedly talked to one of his peeps that hinted that talks sorta/kinda/mighta happen.

And just because Lovie's son signed with a certain group doesn't mean that Lovie is automatically going to "get paid well" somewhere.

Bad radio reporting.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:48 pm 

Harry Seaward wrote:
HOLY CRAP.

Just listening to Friday's podcasts, and Terry is proudly tearing people apart who dared to say that Andy Reid's kid was "on the right path" and on the way to recovery when he died. He knew, of course, that he was still using and absolutely knew that he died of an OD. Jesus. How can Dan just sit there? Seriously, it's so absurd. He knew Reid's kid had an issue, he knew that being near his dad wasn't helping, he knew that WITHOUT A DOUBT he died of an OD (because, well, and again, and listen, if you thought for one second that he had cleaned up, well, and again, in point of fact you're wrong).

BREAKING NEWS: Garrett Reid died of an OD. TB knew about it WHEN he died. You're an idiot, and need help, if you thought otherwise.

Terry is a lying, sanctimonious, condescending piece of garbage.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
SomeGuy wrote:
Harry Seaward wrote:
HOLY CRAP.

^^ A+ Description.

If only we agreed on politics, SomeGuy...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:54 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
Harry Seaward wrote:
HOLY CRAP.

^^ A+ Description.

If only we agreed on politics, SomeGuy...

I think we're close on that.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
SomeGuy, you don't swear enough.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:57 pm 

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:

What the hell is that supposed to mean, kind sir?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina

What the %&#@ is that supposed to mean?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
:shock: :o :| :cry:

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:59 pm 

More expletives.

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:10 pm 

More expletives.

As you know, Kid, I try to keep my anger and demeanor on an even keel.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:16 pm 

SomeGuy wrote:
More expletives.

As you know, Kid, I try to keep my anger and demeanor on an even keel.

I know. And you're very good at it, I must say.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:25 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaPlace
His guy is the Halas Hall Janitor. I'm still waiting for the Jay Cutler Mutiny to happen thanks to Florio.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Harry Seaward wrote:
HOLY CRAP.

Even Bernsie has grown tired of Terry's BS. The other day, Terry was doing his usual stammering, trying to put words in the right order, & Dan said "say something". Bernsie calls Terry out a coupe of times each week. But don't blame Terry for his lameness...blame Mitch. Who can blame Terry for cashing his $12,500 paycheck?

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:34 pm 

Hate to go all Beardown and bump my own thread (though I only have a few, not 1200 like Beardown), but Terry just broke some big news.....granted it was in a stuttering mess where he was trying to read Dan, agree with Dan, but he did break the news that NIU's former head coach may have jumped the gun by taking the NC State job.

Dan was getting a radio boner during his reaction to the "what does this MEAN!?!?!?!" news that Wisconsin's head coach is going to Arkansas, and squealed "oh man, you know what this means about Doeren accepting NC State's gig......maybe, just maybe, he jumped the gun and....." then Terry screamed "oh yah, yah, and, uh, my guy, and again, things change and, well my guy said that Arkansas was actually interested in Doeren and...." then Dan replied "no, what I meant was Doeren should have waited out the chess moves as he could be at Wisconsin right now".

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:47 pm 
1000 CLUB

Just this past week when Bernstein was reporting what his source was saying about the Illinois head coaching situation, a day or two later, Boers had independently confirmed that Bernstein's source was correct.

It's not just those two, Holmes is another one, but if you believe these guys, they have sources all over the place who seem to always tell them 100%, accurate information.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:14 pm 

Don't forget Goff's source who had the Bulls getting Wade and Lebron. Wonder if he has found some Atlanta sources that are that good.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

schmitty1121 wrote:
Don't forget Goff's source who had the Bulls getting Wade and Lebron. Wonder if he has found some Atlanta sources that are that good.

Goff's report was the most ridiculous in recent memory. It was pretty obvious that he was reading tweets and decided to "report" all of the rumors that were out there as breaking news.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:59 am 

Q.Bovifs wrote:
BD wrote:
schmitty1121 wrote:

Goff's report was the most ridiculous in recent memory. It was pretty obvious that he was reading tweets and decided to "report" all of the rumors that were out there as breaking news.

I wouldn't discount the possibility that Wade and LeBron's people were purposely lying to guys like Goff, either. These fuckers had a lot of fun with the many misdirections.

This is correct, "my sources" told me that, in fact, they love feeding these reporters bait, and see which goofs will run with the stories......by the way, my sources are
telling me Gruden is looking to leave the MNF booth, and head back to Oakland. They love him there.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:19 pm 

LOVE that Hub and his stupid scoop is getting raked over the coals today.....clearly Terry's guy will confirm this scoop, and Dan will complain that Hub reporting this DESPITE the current OAK coach having to pull the plug on his ailing father is a lowest common denominator narrative for the meatballs.