It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 2:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:24 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
ImageImageImage
I don't care if Monday's blue, Tuesday's grey and Wednesday CELEBRATORY AIR HUMPING

In honor of Thrusty Rusty, post your favorite gifs of pelvic action. For your consideration: WCW cannon fodder "Magic" Norman Smiley, he of the Big Wiggle:

I'm guessing today's show will feature a big to-do over Terry "breaking" the "story" that the Bears might start talking about maybe extending Lovie Smith. The Trib's Vaughn McClure debunked it hours later. I don't care if Terry says he has a guy or whatever, but it's funny that for maybe 1 out of every 50 times he does it, WSCR runs with it hard and starts peppering every update with "the Score's Terry Boers is reporting that...", and then from there you get Rusty (Scupper, not Jones) or Big Voice Guy doing liners about it, and maybe they even mention that they're the home of the first-place White Sox while they're at it, I dunno.

Hope it's a good show today!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:27 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Wow. I guess titles aren't hard.

Please start every show thread.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:38 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
I was failing to find a connection between air-hump and the show until I realized it's Wednesday. Agree, well done. I am impressed. #jointeambuttsex

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:47 am 

You know, one of the cool things about WCW in decline was that there was a huge roster with virtually no oversight or direction, so canny midcarders could pretty much free-enterprise it and get themselves over without bookers. As if there were big plans for Norman Smiley to be some guy who, when excited, pantomimes doing someone up the butt, or for Disco Inferno to do anything. And now they're fondly remembered by folks like me who haven't watched pro wrestling in earnest for almost ten years.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:50 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
*SIGH* Ya know, kids, uh, eh, eh, look, again, everyone is entitled to believe whatever they want, uh, uh, eh, I mean, again, look, for the love of God, my guy had the scoop on the Greg Olsen trade that was imminent and Josh, er, uh, or Zach or whatever his name is argued with me about it, but, look, and I don't want to get into talking about these human pieces of garbage out kissing asses over at Halas Hall, but, eh, eh, if they don't ask the right questions, how can they get the right answers, so, eeeeeee, uh, for the love of God, you take a walking rectum like Vaughn McClure, hell, I can remember when I was on the college beat and I had some pretty good sources, pretty, pretty good, and, in point of fact, I had a direct line to Jerry Pettibone, uh, eh, eh, this McClure dope was still wet behind the ears running around campus with some goofy-looking kid with a big head, but uh, uh, uh, look, again, and in my world, I've been questioned by idiots since I started in this business, so that's nothing new *SIGH* uh, uh, uh, I mean I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing because my guy doesn't tell me anything that isn't right, which is why I trust him, so, so, uh, you can get your scoops from whoever you want, eh, eh, I mean I'm not saying Hub and Matt Bowen aren't geniuses because they are, but eh uh, they weren't before and they won't be again, if you know what I mean, but eh, uh, again, in my world, you go with whatever sources you want, I'm gonna stick with my guy.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:57 am 

denisdman wrote:
I was failing to find a connection between air-hump and the show until I realized it's Wednesday. Agree, well done. I am impressed. #jointeambuttsex

This will have to be voted on, Speeps what say you?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:05 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
If you really are a "hawg a$$", then you have plenty of room in there for more. :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:05 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
or for Disco Inferno to do anything.

Example of how the inmates ran the asylum:

For reasons unbeknownst to anyone with a brain, WCW briefly tried to market Konnan as a crossover luchador/Mexican rap star by giving him his own music video. Then one night after repeatedly showing the video, they had Disco Inferno hijack it by superimposing himself in front of scenes and reading along with the lyrics. He didn't change the words, and he didn't make them sound even more ridiculous, he just read them and stumbled over parts of them, and skipped other parts, so it wasn't a sledgehammer-obvious parody, it was just the same stupid video with him standing in front of everyone. It's probably one of the most surreal things a wrestling company ever did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fc5gZfcOE5Q

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:32 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Was this around the same time that Chavo Guerrero was riding around on the fake wooden horse?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:03 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Curious Hair wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
or for Disco Inferno to do anything.

Example of how the inmates ran the asylum:

For reasons unbeknownst to anyone with a brain, WCW briefly tried to market Konnan as a crossover luchador/Mexican rap star by giving him his own music video. Then one night after repeatedly showing the video, they had Disco Inferno hijack it by superimposing himself in front of scenes and reading along with the lyrics. He didn't change the words, and he didn't make them sound even more ridiculous, he just read them and stumbled over parts of them, and skipped other parts, so it wasn't a sledgehammer-obvious parody, it was just the same stupid video with him standing in front of everyone. It's probably one of the most surreal things a wrestling company ever did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fc5gZfcOE5Q

I love Tony Schiavone's reaction after it was done.

That was a actually a pretty funny and cool segment. I always had a special place in my heart for Disco Inferno.

One of the worst might have been the slow death that was "WCW Later" or whatever it was called. It was take on the late night talk shows featuring Bischoff as the host. It was awful and ran for over 10 minutes a pop

Sad, though. WCW had a ton of talent outside of the Dinosaurs. When you have a company tell Chris Jericho that he can't go any higher in the business and won't get any sort of main event push because he can't sell any tickets and isn't as he needs to be is a company that doesn't know what the hell it's doing.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:28 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Geeze, Terry is tripping all over himself and now ssaying it has been verified by "multiple sources?"

Now backtracking and telling us it is just something to "keep in your mind."

He's lost it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Is Boers sticking by his story about the Bears talking about a contract extension for Lovie Smith?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Tony Weed's
1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
SomeGuy wrote:
Geeze, Terry is tripping all over himself and now ssaying it has been verified by "multiple sources?"

Now backtracking and telling us it is just something to "keep in your mind."

He's lost it.

Terry's Peeps is not a singular term. :lol: It wasn't just his source, everybody was in the know. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
I have no idea if the BREAKING BOERS news is true, but it has to be ratings gold. Solid decision by Team Boers to run with the story.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:19 pm 

I'll keep you updated Northside_Dan. You were correct. Bernstein is creaming himself talking about Armstrong right now.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Holy smokes, I realize it's a bye week but Lance Armstrong discussion? Fuck.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:24 pm 

Somewhere MOFO is sporting wood.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Kirkwood wrote:

Better or worse than Sandusky and jail talk?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:34 pm 

Here's the Wednesday Game Plan:

*TBA: The SCORE/WBBM/Bears Radio Network's Zach Zaidman-Final Bears' Practice Before OFF Week
*3:30P: "The Second Half"
*5P: The SCORE/PFW/Dial Global Sports' Hub Arkush-NFL/Bears' Questions from Callers

"Scoreboard Updates": Connor McKnight

Terry's "two favorite words", Laurence Holmes has yet another "full boat show" starting @ 6P, complete with the return of "Hater Wednesday" @ 9P. The voice of the Kane County Cougars, Wayne Randazzo, has another late night SCORE starting @ 10P. "SCORE Overnight" with Les Grobstein starts @ Midnight through 5A Thursday.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:35 pm 

Let's start out by acknowledging a fledgling war has been created betwixt Team Bernstein and V. McClure.

Nobody knows the guy McClure apparently.
Good stretch of 9 drops in the first few minutes.
Vaughn McClure taking a beating: Houseman to the Bears, close to #54, Lovie, Lovie's son,. Berns spells out how these things work to young Vaughn Skywalker.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:42 pm 

I've heard the Vaughn McClure soundbite at least twice from "The Joker's Wild", I mean CSNC's "Chicago Tribune Live". He sounded kinda full of himself and immediately squashed the Boers story that was prominently mentioned by BOTH Connor McKnight & Wayne Randazzo's updates during Laurence Holmes' nighttime SCORE. WOW!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
I find it ironic that Bernsie would throw out the word houseman when they talk to the epitome of that word every day.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:45 pm 

A7X wrote:
I find it ironic that Bernsie would throw out the word houseman when they talk to the epitome of that word every day.

I get that same impression when David Kaplan opens his yap, too.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Kirkwood wrote:

Followed by this Eric Winston shit? Story's 3 days old, why are they just getting to it now?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:46 pm 

uofiguy wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

Followed by this Eric Winston shit? Story's 3 days old, why are they just getting to it now?

I'll tell you why. Because The SCORE talks nothing about Bears the day after a game, win or lose.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:46 pm 

uofiguy wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

They really liked is lisp?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Don Tiny wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

Better or worse than Sandusky and jail talk?

Both suck. Both have been disgraced and are out of the my mind.

Hopefully they talk some baseball and don't pull their hockey strategy of "We don't talk about it b/c no one is talking about it". Yesterday some really compelling baseball was played.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:48 pm 

Maybe the following column about "NFL Players Are Gladiators" Bernsy wrote might shed some light...or maybe not.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/10/10/ ... it-or-not/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:51 pm 

Wow. Let's go all Gladiator talk all the time. Great history lesson for us minions.