It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 10:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:42 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Today, the "Bud Light 'Who Needs Two?' Tavern Tour" has Terry & Dan B. within a short ride of Northern Illinois University in DeKalb. Fatty's Pub is where you'll find the guys this afternoon following the daily transition with Matt Spiegel & Jason Goff around 1:15P-ish or so.

In addition to "great prizes" and tickets to be given away on site, NIU head football coach Dave Doeren will join the guys at 2:30P to discuss their homecoming game Saturday afternoon vs. Buffalo. It's a game The SCORE has live @ 2P via the IMG/Northern Illinois Radio Network. Shameless plugs aside, I have a feeling that football & the MLB Playoffs with 2 Game 5s in Orioles/Yankees in the ALDS & Cardinals/Nationals in the NLDS today might be a couple of items on the docket during this afternoon's live broadcast in DeKalb.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:18 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
SHARK, you're slipping. you forgot to mention that Jason Goff WON'T be producing, and you never mentioned yesterday's purported "emotional goodbye" --- you could have set us up by asking how will B&B respond after yesterday's "emotional goodbye" and then broach the question "will the show ever be the same without it's #1/1a/2 producer?"

More ATTITUDE and BITE plz.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:54 pm 

sinicalypse wrote:
SHARK, you're slipping. you forgot to mention that Jason Goff WON'T be producing, and you never mentioned yesterday's purported "emotional goodbye" --- you could have set us up by asking how will B&B respond after yesterday's "emotional goodbye" and then broach the question "will the show ever be the same without it's #1/1a/2 producer?"

More ATTITUDE and BITE plz.

It doesn't seem necessary today, considering that the emotional goodbye to Goff came in the final half hour yesterday. By the way, Matt Abbatacola isn't producing or doing "Scoreboards" either. Adam Harris is doing those this afternoon.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Title is weak. SHARK needs a new set of choppers.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:05 pm 

denisdman wrote:
Title is weak. SHARK needs a new set of choppers.

Hey! SHARK's doing the best he can with what he has to work with.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Terry: I love brothers with husbands.

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:13 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
lol. goff was down in atl at age 19 "slangin and bangin and lookin for the party"...

i wonder what atlanta's equivalent to the mythical chicago ave is? do they have areas that go from zero to YOOOOOOO as quickly as chicago ave does when heading from california to kedzie?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:20 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
The short answer to Bernstein's encore diatribe is "easy for you to say."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:23 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
So, is Goff going to sit in on Wake N' Bake tomorrow and say a tearful farewell for all that Mark Grote has done for him?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:24 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
So, is Goff going to sit in on Wake N' Bake tomorrow and say a tearful farewell for all that Mark Grote has done for him?

Doc, I don't think it'll be necessary. I think Grote said his goodbyes following his 11:30A "Scoreboard" to Goff.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:29 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
SHARK wrote:

Doc, I don't think it'll be necessary. I think Grote said his goodbyes following his 11:30A "Scoreboard" to Goff.

But, did he say goodbye to Grote's impression of Les Grobstein or David Schuster or Harrison Ford?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:33 pm 

SHARK wrote:

But, did he say goodbye to Grote's impression of Les Grobstein or David Schuster or Harrison Ford?

Good Doctor, your avatar is awesome. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:38 pm 

No.

Here's the Friday Game Plan from Fatty's Pub-DeKalb:

*2:30P: NIU Head Football Coach Dave Doeren-Northern Illinois Hosts Buffalo on The SCORE Tomorrow
*3:30P: "The Second Half"
*4P: BTN's Gerry DiNardo-Stanford/Notre Dame, Ohio State/Indiana, Illinois/Michigan Previews

"Scoreboard Updates": Adam Harris

NO LAURENCE HOLMES TONIGHT!!! When the guys are done, Hub Arkush guest hosts the nighttime SCORE starting @ 6P. The Editor/Publisher of Pro Football Weekly will be on the sidelines Sunday night for Packers/Texans in Houston, working the Dial Global Radio Network broadcast of "Sunday Night Football" with Mac's buddy (NOT!) Dave Sims & James Lofton. When Arkush has an airshift, guests aren't far behind. Might Lofton be one of them?

Arkush will hands things over to Joe Ostrowski for 3 hours of latenight live, local sports talk from 10P-1A Saturday leading into "SCORE Overnight" in the form of Yahoo! Sports Radio live from Houston.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:41 pm 

SHARK wrote:
"SCORE Overnight" in the form of Yahoo! Sports Radio

You can just say Yahoo Sports Radio.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:43 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
SHARK wrote:
"SCORE Overnight" in the form of Yahoo! Sports Radio

You can just say Yahoo Sports Radio.

Well, it won't be that much longer. :wink: I'm not sure how much CBS Sports Radio Network The SCORE will air when the sports talk lineup launches in January, let alone if The SCORE is staying put at 670 AM either.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Oh great, Justin Verlander leads into more Lebron talk. Dan, you yourself provided the justification for that lack of appreciation when you spent the entire summer declaring Lebron can no longer be great because of his decision.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
That Pat Fitzgibbons Mitsubishi read is a bitch. I like to think it's because of the ubiquity of the "Fat Pitzgerald" drop.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:12 pm 

Dave In Champaign wrote:
That Pat Fitzgibbons read is a bitch. I like to think it's because of the ubiquity of the "Fat Pitzgerald" drop.

I heard it. Adam Harris butchered it, and so did Connor McKnight earlier in the week. I'm sure they're thrilled to sponsor that "Scoreboard Update". I bet Joe Ostrowski does the same thing later tonight.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:19 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
SHARK wrote:
Dave In Champaign wrote:
That Pat Fitzgibbons read is a bitch. I like to think it's because of the ubiquity of the "Fat Pitzgerald" drop.

I heard it. Adam Harris butchered it, and so did Connor McKnight earlier in the week. I'm sure they're thrilled to sponsor that "Scoreboard Update". I bet Joe Ostrowski does the same thing later tonight.

SHARK

I think that you'll find Joe O. to be the consummate professional when he does that read.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
lol @ Troy Aikman "raving" about Wing Stop.

"I heartily endorse this event or product."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:21 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
SHARK wrote:
Dave In Champaign wrote:

SHARK

I think that you'll find Joe O. to be the consummate professional when he does that read.

I stand corrected. It's a mouthful...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Verlander not on the juice. He "got better at baseball." Good job, Dan. No one is above suspicion...except lil' Justin.

Why would you not be skeptical (or spectacle, if you're Tonya Harding) of a guy who seemingly gets better the further along the game goes?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:34 pm 

Hearing the NIU fight song again reminds me of a spot that ran for whichever bowl they went to a couple years ago. I want to say one in Shreveport? Anyway, they had someone talking over the fight song for an entire minute, just coming up with whatever they could to fill time, like how Shreveport is the confluence of Cajun culture and cowboy culture, as all the while there's a goddamn marching band to talk over, and as someone with healthy experience in both marching band and radio production, I can tell you that a marching band makes for the WORST BED EVER.

It was just pathetic. Everything about NIU brings about existential despair to me.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Curious Hair wrote:
It was just pathetic. Everything about NIU brings about existential despair to me.

Their logo is awful.

Krusty does not endorse that event or product.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:47 pm 

I thought I was listening to Matt Bowen when I heard NIU head football coach Dave Doeren moments ago...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:48 pm 

SHARK wrote:
I thought I was listening to Matt Bowen when I heard NIU head football coach Dave Doeren moments ago...

Did Dave Doeren want to make sweet love to Gregg Williams or something?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:50 pm 

"10 Seconds of Glory"...WOW!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Keeping Score wrote:
DrunkWhiteGirl wrote:
WHAT IS GOWING AWN?!?!!

All I wanted to do was come out for a few cosmos at Fattyyyyyy's, and there's this...fuckin' guyyyyy sitting by a microphone talking about hockey this and NASCAR that. I'm like, WHAT. EVERRRRRRR.

It's... it's like, I swear. WHENEVER I wanna go out, SOMEONE has to totally shit on my plans! Shoulda went to Otto's.

YOU go and pay your insurance, BITCH! I mean... who the fuck is David Hochberg? He's not my guy. Nope. *hiccup*

Big Bird doesn't give a damn about *quote fingers* ADAM HARRIS *end quote*. Mitt this or mitt that. Blah blah blah. HE'S A GODDAMN BIRD....

OH MY GAWD A JUKEBOX!!!!

Bad

Horrible. Where's Guy Fieri or that frat guy? Those are usually funny.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:04 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
DrunkWhiteGirl wrote:
WHAT IS GOWING AWN?!?!!

All I wanted to do was come out for a few cosmos at Fattyyyyyy's, and there's this...fuckin' guyyyyy sitting by a microphone talking about hockey this and NASCAR that. I'm like, WHAT. EVERRRRRRR.

It's... it's like, I swear. WHENEVER I wanna go out, SOMEONE has to totally shit on my plans! Shoulda went to Otto's.

YOU go and pay your insurance, BITCH! I mean... who the fuck is David Hochberg? He's not my guy. Nope. *hiccup*

Big Bird doesn't give a damn about *quote fingers* ADAM HARRIS *end quote*. Mitt this or mitt that. Blah blah blah. HE'S A GODDAMN BIRD....

OH MY GAWD A JUKEBOX!!!!

Bad

Yeah, Spanky needs to pickup the slack.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:05 pm 

I know he executive produces and does updates on "SCORE Overnight" with Les Grobstein, but the more I hear Adam Harris, the more I want to hear Joe Bartosch. Mitch, make it happen!