It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:19 am 

The show has been in slow decline for a while. Jason was an intergral voice in their show which cannot be replaced. I expect Goff's move to provide impetus for drinky to get his career moving as well. The Lovie contract embarrassment may also be an eye opener for management about Terry. In short, I think we will mark this down as the beginning of the end for B and B with the show being finished by Jan. 1 2014.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:20 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Isn't that what Dim just said?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:21 am 

You know the only mult I read is Potter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:48 am 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
good dolphin wrote:
Jason was an intergral voice in their show which cannot be replaced.

Last week Jason gave us a ten-minute doth-protest-too-much exegesis about slapping women's asses and argued that White Sox attendance is low because everyone in Chicago is a racist antisemite.

I'm sure they'll do just fine with Herb in his place.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
B&B should have been broken up at least 2 years ago. Terry will continue to cash his $300K annual paycheck unless Mitch has the balls to make a change. I assume that Mitch will let Berns choose his next radio partner...which is a very bad idea. Remember the last time he let a host choose his own partner?

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:25 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
North & Huebner?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
B+B started to go downhill when goffs profile increased. Coincidence?

Last edited by Hatchetman on Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:44 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:
The show has been in slow decline for a while. Jason was an intergral voice in their show which cannot be replaced. I expect Goff's move to provide impetus for drinky to get his career moving as well. The Lovie contract embarrassment may also be an eye opener for management about Terry. In short, I think we will mark this down as the beginning of the end for B and B with the show being finished by Jan. 1 2014.

You are on a roll lately.

The rest in FL must have done the mind good.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:20 pm 

insightful while enciting

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:17 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
The end of B&B will come shortly after C-B-S-SPORTS-RA-DI-O!!! launches and America displays no interest whatsoever in Doug Gottlieb's inchoate, stammered sports thoughts, at which point CBS will panic and promote Good Company Guy And Proven-ish National Talker Dan Bernstein to national afternoons. They will then cannibalize themselves in the Chicago market by running a national Bernstein show against a local Mac show, ruining both the Score and whichever of the two bands they devote to C-B-S-SPORTS-RA-DI-O!!!, and then CBS will reorganize by doing whatever is the cheapest.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:29 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Mully and Hanley suck
Boers couldn't give a shit less about any sports
Bernstein is only entertained by fishing talk
Mac is going to have to really stop gambling

Did I sum up the score correctly?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:43 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Chris_in_joliet wrote:
Mully and Hanley suck

It's a mad house!

But seriously, I agree with the you know what of this thread.

B&B have had their zenith and have now been in a sad and steady decline at an ever increasing pace. It can still shine from time to time but those gaps of bad have grown pretty wide, not even Evil Kinevil could jump them. I dunno, maybe things change now that Goff has gone to greener pastures.

I've said it before, if ESPN would bother to put up a decent show against B&B they would have a solid shot at taking the ratings crown. But I guess that really sums up the semi-sorry state of Chicago sports radio.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:48 am 

SomeGuy wrote:
Chris_in_joliet wrote:
Mully and Hanley suck

It's a mad house!

B&B have had their zenith and have now been in a sad and steady decline at an ever increasing pace. It can still shine from time to time but those gaps of bad have grown pretty wide, not even Evil Kinevil could jump them. I dunno, maybe things change now that Goff has gone to greener pastures.

I've said it before, if ESPN would bother to put up a decent show against B&B they would have a solid shot at taking the ratings crown. But I guess that really sums up the semi-sorry state of Chicago sports radio.

The Afternoon Saloon beat B and B by a wide margin for something like five years straight.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:49 am 

good dolphin wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
Chris_in_joliet wrote:
Mully and Hanley suck

It's a mad house!

The Afternoon Saloon beat B and B by a wide margin for something like five years straight.

When Mac was there, but the Saloon is not beating anything with their current lineup.

Interesting though, most would consider the B&B "zenith" to be while they were getting beat in the ratings. Now that they are consistently winning, they are in "decline."

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:52 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
RFDC wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
Chris_in_joliet wrote:
Mully and Hanley suck

It's a mad house!

When Mac was there, but the Saloon is not beating anything with their current lineup.

Interesting though, most would consider the B&B "zenith" to be while they were getting beat in the ratings. Now that they are consistently winning, they are in "decline."

Correct. I would say B&B "winning" has to do more with the competition being atrocious and nearly unlistenable more so than B&B being consistently high quality, or even solid, show.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:52 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
SomeGuy wrote:
I've said it before, if ESPN would bother to put up a decent show against B&B they would have a solid shot at taking the ratings crown.

They did put up a decent show and did win the ratings, then they decided winning PM drive wasn't all that important to a sports talk station, so they fired Mac.

I wish I could've heard the midday iteration of B&B. I feel like it would've been even more up my alley than the afternoon version, since it didn't have to be the station's flagship program, which it isn't meant to be. It's weird how B&B have ascended to being pretty much unassailable, basically by getting promoted when Telander quit his job out of nowhere and 1000 fired Mac. They didn't dominate the books until they could beat up on the dried-up husk of the Saloon. Usually stations care about getting pasted by the competition for like 15 quarters in a row. Mitch is a weird program director.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:09 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
The end of B&B will come shortly after C-B-S-SPORTS-RA-DI-O!!! launches and America displays no interest whatsoever in Doug Gottlieb's inchoate, stammered sports thoughts, at which point CBS will panic and promote Good Company Guy And Proven-ish National Talker Dan Bernstein to national afternoons. They will then cannibalize themselves in the Chicago market by running a national Bernstein show against a local Mac show, ruining both the Score and whichever of the two bands they devote to C-B-S-SPORTS-RA-DI-O!!!, and then CBS will reorganize by doing whatever is the cheapest.

This would be really disappointing. As much as Dan bugs me, he generally keeps my interest. If he went national, all of his weird idiosyncrasies and niche opinions would get subsumed by the national-media narratives. There would be something really pathetic about hearing Dan spend an hour a day discussing whether or not Joe Flacco is an elite quarterback.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:09 pm 

Q.Bovifs wrote:
[I remember in 2002 or 2003 I had just finished a court call in Indiana Federal Court, .

braggart...were you consigliarre to a meth cartel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
B&B is still my favorite show, though that admittedly is damning with faint praise. Their zenith was when they were the midday show that could. The Ritalin, diddling', and country fiddling' show. Janet J's old titty fucked that up. They were at their best when Hood and Count Fagula were producing. That's not a knock on Jason or Matty. The FCC put some substantial clamps on them. They did shit from 8-12 and 10-2 that they could never get away with now.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Mully and Bernstein Morning
Mac and spiegs afternoon
Drinky and _____ midday

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
bigfan wrote:

Why would you want to do that to Bernsy? I think he would rather choose to volunteer at a Second Mile Event at PSU.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:52 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
bigfan wrote:

Why would you want to do that to Bernsy? I think he would rather choose to volunteer at a Second Mile Event at PSU.

More to the point, he's been pretty clear that he has no interest in the lifestyle of a morning host.