It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:55 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
:(

I went on youtube and listened to the time they were talking about how you can or can't get pancakes from Waffle House, along with whatever else that led me to on that particular youtube rabbit hole. I was hard on Jason the last few weeks (and I'm not sorry for it), but man, the guy's pretty damn funny. Best of luck.

IT'S NOT A BEARS MONDAY but when the first caller is named Bob and can't spit a thought out without a neurological Heimlich maneuver, a reference will be made to the fact that it might as well be. Matt Bowen might still come on to talk about the Packers being the first team to hang a loss on Houston, the Giants deciding to be good this week and beating the 49ers at Candlestick, or the AFC East being the NFC West. And landmarks. The real reason Matt Bowen couldn't hack it with the Redskins is because they got tired of bailing him out of jail for massive property damage in downtown Washington. He was hitting all his landmarks! At any rate I'm not going to listen to his segment if it's there anyway so who cares.

Surely some talk about the LCSs, probably some gentle pouting that the Tiggers are up 2-0 heading home because Dan's wife's family likes the Yankees and seeing Detroit succeed causes WHITE SOX ANGST.

Bulls played an exy in Champaign, the NBA preseason will be treated like it's anything other than half-assed scrimmages (though in fairness, Thibodeau, bafflingly, is the one who's treating it like anything other than half-assed scrimmages), and they will cast a line for red-faced townie dopes by suggesting that a preseason Bulls game brought a higher quality of basketball to Exhibition Hall than a regular season Illini game. problem?

Hockey lockout is going nowhere and nothing will be said about that.

If Herb Lawrence starts taking over today, we're gonna need a grain truck, because we're HAULIN' OATS!

Happy the-threading!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:58 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
A title we can all enjoy. Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:59 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
My name is SomeGuy and I approve this thread.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:29 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Oh I forgot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qe6DE9BXWeY

The most remarkable thing about you playing the "Crackers!" drop is that it's you, and you're playing the "Crackers!" drop. Godspeed!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:39 am 

pizza_Place: Pagliai's Iowa City
He was bad. Anyone who thinks Goff was funny needs to STFU. It shouldn't be too hard to find a replacement for a racist black guy who constantly interrupts the hosts.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:50 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Curious Hair wrote:
Oh I forgot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qe6DE9BXWeY

The most remarkable thing about you playing the "Crackers!" drop is that it's you, and you're playing the "Crackers!" drop. Godspeed!

He said he's not going to play it live anymore because it could be interpreted as misogynist :(

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:54 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Too lazy to fire up a M&S thread. But Mac and Spiegs taking it to B&B. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:56 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Kirkwood wrote:

I thought Spiegs calling out Bernstein's "NASA guy" was pretty funny, especially with the simultaneous sideswipe at Terry's mythical guys.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:04 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
CharlieFurbush wrote:
He was bad. Anyone who thinks Goff was funny needs to STFU. It shouldn't be too hard to find a replacement for a racist black guy who constantly interrupts the hosts.
:cheers: :cheers: :salut: :salut:

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:48 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Kirkwood wrote:

What time? Wouldn't mind firing up the podcast.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:49 am 

redskingreg wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

Yeah, what time!?>

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:55 am 
1000 CLUB

CharlieFurbush wrote:

True that. Bernstein has a farm where he grows them.

Goff was never this great talent. If he was so great, why did his employer for 10+ years never promote him? He was just loud, talked nonsense and repeated Bernstein's sports bible. That's all he did. He would fight racism against minorites with racism towords whites. Never got that strategy. I understand Bernstein, Terry and Drinky gushing over him. They're gonna do that for one of their own.

Last edited by Beardown on Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:57 am 

Think it was between 10 and 11. I heard just a bit of them saying that B n B seem to have guys everywhere in regards to they were talking about the space skydiver thing and Bernstein tweeted out something about having a friend that worked at NASA or something to that effect. Maybe the bashing grew from there.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:57 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
SomeGuy wrote:
redskingreg wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

Yeah, what time!?>

I'd say around 10.45ish. Ragging on the Terry about his guy and Bernstein being a dork.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:02 pm 

Beardown wrote:
CharlieFurbush wrote:

Goff was never this great talent. If he was so great, why did his employer for 10+ years never promote him? He was just loud, talked nonsense and repeated Bernstein's sports bible. That's all he did. He would fight racism against minorites with racism towords whites. Never got that strategy. I understand Bernstein, Terry and Drinky gushing over him. They're gonna do that for one of their own.
Nail on the head. Everyone on Twitter seems to think that Goff is just this great untapped talent. Guy had over a decade to prove that to his bosses who apparently didnt think so. We think you're just great Jason, just go and be great somewhere else because we dont think you can make any money for this station. If they saw any potential in him, one of the 2 sports talkers here wouldve grabbed him. To quote Harold Emery Lauder, I'll be back, riding a chariot through here. Right.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
I see what you did there with the Cinderella reference. A favorite target of this program is the subject of Bernsy's latest column which can be found here:

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/10/14/ ... s-a-witch/

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
Oh good, another Lance Armstrong column!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:43 pm 

Dave In Champaign wrote:

Fuck off Dave, he's doing God's work exposing people like this. Complete with the requisite ball sniffers telling him how great he is in the comment section too.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:48 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Dave In Champaign wrote:

Fuck off Dave, he's doing God's work exposing people like this. Complete with the requisite ball sniffers telling him how great he is in the comment section too.

If it wasn't for BernSTINE Lance Armstrong wouldn't have gone down, pal. With Danny B. we would see Armstrong still competing, still cheating and still being a smug bastard.

Without BernStine we wouldn't have justice and we certainly wouldn't have any peace.

Go ahead, ask Sandusky and those Penn St. elites about BernSTINE, they know he was the one, the hard nose gumshoe who wouldn't let up, wouldn't take NO for an answer and wouldn't be pushed around by those in power. The victims owe Dan Bernstein a debt that may never be repaid. But BernSTINE cares not for such material rewards, he has no use for them, he is above them....the solid 'thunk' of a closing jail cell slamming shut on another criminals life, the hard crash of a gavel being wielded by one of Lady Justices Paladins is all he needs. It's all he requires to sustain him.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:55 pm 

Mac saying he does not like sticking around for trannies :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:03 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
redskingreg wrote:

Mike North didn't stick around for them. He sought them out on North Avenue.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
badrogue17 wrote:
Beardown wrote:
CharlieFurbush wrote:

Nail on the head. Everyone on Twitter seems to think that Goff is just this great untapped talent. Guy had over a decade to prove that to his bosses who apparently didnt think so. We think you're just great Jason, just go and be great somewhere else because we dont think you can make any money for this station. If they saw any potential in him, one of the 2 sports talkers here wouldve grabbed him. To quote Harold Emery Lauder, I'll be back, riding a chariot through here. Right.

Anyone that quotes Harold Emery Lauder is OK in my book, even if I disagree with the opinion.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:08 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
redskingreg wrote:

Mike North didn't stick around for them. He sought them out on North Avenue.

I thought it was further north on either Milwaukee or Lincoln

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:09 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Beardown wrote:
CharlieFurbush wrote:

Anyone that quotes Harold Emery Lauder is OK in my book, even if I disagree with the opinion.
:wink: Thanks Mr. Scorpion

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:38 pm 

Here's the Monday Game Plan:

*TBA: The SCORE/WBBM Newsradio/Bears Radio Network's Zach Zaidman-Bears Getting Back to Work
*3:30P: "The Second Half"
*4P: The SCORE/Tribune/NF Post's Matt Bowen-X & O's of OTHER NFL Games in Week 6

"Scoreboard Updates": David Schuster (Live from Berto Center-Deerfield)

Terry's "two favorite words", Laurence "DECAF PLEASE!" Holmes, follows for just 1 hour of the nighttime SCORE @ 6P. "Monday Night Football" follows @ 7P this eve via the Dial Global Radio Network. Kevin Harlan, Dan Fouts & Mark Malone paint the picture for Broncos/Chargers in San Diego. Another target of this program, Jim Gray has pregame & halftime with two of his many broadcast "partners", Cardinals WR Larry Fitzgerald & Patriots' QB Tom Brady. "SCORE Overnight" (EP Version) with Les Grobstein & Adam Harris follows football until 5A Tuesday, complete with appropriately, "Bum of the Week".

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:42 pm 

Terry teased something about fans. I'm guessing he will refer to a large contingent of them as "retards."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:49 pm 

redskingreg wrote:
Terry teased something about fans. I'm guessing he will refer to a large contingent of them as "retards."

I think he's referring to NFL fan behavior in the wake of what happened to fans cheering last Sunday in the Ravens/Chiefs' game when KC QB Matt Cassel was knocked out of that game.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
redskingreg wrote:

Wow this conversation is going nowhere. It sounds like a son trying to get his demented father to sign papers at the nursing home.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:50 pm 

A7X wrote:
redskingreg wrote:

Wow this conversation is going nowhere. It sounds like a son trying to get his demented father to sign papers at the nursing home.