It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
Irish Boy wrote:
There aren't any superstars in there, but they also traded away some of their most valuable picks for Jake Cutler. There are some decent mid-level players, and the 2012 Bears, especially on defense, is pretty much entirety a creation of Angelo (to the extent that some players predate Angelo, he's been responsible for keeping them, which in some cases, like Lance Briggs, has been no mean feat).

On the other hand, pull up the past few drafts for Kansas City. The Chiefs are the worst team in the NFL (or at least close), and the Bears just hired their head scout to run football operations. Weeeeeeee

Urlacher, Briggs and Tillman all predate Angelo. Peppers was a finished product who just happened to be a FA at a time when the Bears were flush with cap space. I'll give Angelo credit for the rest of the group.

You're wrong, Good Dolphin. Briggs and Tillman came from Angelo's 2nd draft class. That was the 2003 draft. This is Angelo's defense. The only starter he didn't draft was Urlacher and he's not contributing much this year anyway. The only backup that's not Jerry's guy Shea McClellin. He's not doing much this year either. So Jerry Angelo gets all of the credit.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
I mentioned in the Game Plan that Laurence Holmes might be scratched from the lineup tonight due to voice problems.

Guess what? Holmes indeed lost his voice, and won't be on this eve when the guys wrap up @ 6P. Joe Ostrowski, usually Laurence's Executive Producer, will pinch hit in Laurence's nighttime slot. "Hater Wednesday" will be part of the nighttime SCORE come 9P.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:40 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Connor McDoink is going to kill somebody soon in a postal-rage.

What was he trying to say there anyway?

What, with "Connor McDoink"? He was trying to say "Connor McKnight." That's what makes it a great malaprop. Everyone transposes words. It's something special to cough up your own name.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's

Yeah, he gets a lot of love from B&B, but he's had some Offman like misspeaks. I still dont know how one could actually say "Jay podium at the Cutler".

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:41 pm 

uofiguy wrote:

Yeah, he gets a lot of love from B&B, but he's had some Offman like misspeaks. I still dont know how one could actually say "Jay podium at the Cutler".

McKnight said that when he did updates on the Mac & Spiegs show... :oops: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:43 pm 

SHARK wrote:
Holmes indeed lost his voice

I can help him find it! He's in the studio right now and will be till 6.

Okay, does anyone really think Terry read and comprehended the NHL's CBA proposal? I read it this morning, and even I had to uncross my eyes a few times to decode a lot of the verbiage, and I've had an eye on NHL business news since 2009.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6435 ... L|NHL|home

Yeah, I'm sure Terry was like "oh man, there are gonna be a lot of unintended consequences to Retained Salary Transactions. They'd better be careful."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:44 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Curious Hair wrote:

What, with "Connor McDoink"? He was trying to say "Connor McKnight." That's what makes it a great malaprop. Everyone transposes words. It's something special to cough up your own name.

I guess I assumed he was trying to rush through his name to say something "doink"-like. Knight and Doink aren't even close. Just curious, Hair.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:45 pm 

Oh, I don't remember what the next word was. I think by the time he identified himself as Connor McDoink, there was some significant time spent getting the train back on the rails.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:47 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
SHARK wrote:

Okay, does anyone really think Terry read and comprehended the NHL's CBA proposal? I read it this morning, and even I had to uncross my eyes a few times to decode a lot of the verbiage, and I've had an eye on NHL business news since 2009.

Yeah, I'm sure Terry was like "oh man, there are gonna be a lot of unintended consequences to Retained Salary Transactions. They'd better be careful."

Does anyone think Terry reads anything beyond the Sun Times or Trib copies that are dropped on his lap when he deems to do the show in studio? The guy's only "sources"-not including his guy of course- for info/stories seem to be from Real Sports or SI.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:49 pm 

Quote:
Using an assumed year-over-year growth rate of 5% for League-wide revenues, the new CBA could result in shortfalls from the current level of Players' Share dollars ($1.883 Billion in 2011/12) of up to $149 million in Year 1 and up to $62 million in Year 2, for which Players will be "made whole." (By Year 3 of the new CBA, Players' Share dollars should exceed the current level ($1.883 Billion for 2011/12) and no "make whole" will be required.) Any such "shortfalls" in Years 1 and 2 of the new CBA will be computed as a percentage reduction off of the Player's stated contractual compensation, and will be repaid to the Player as a Deferred Compensation benefit spread over the remaining future years of the Player's SPC (or if he has no remaining years, in the year following the expiration of his SPC).

Look, in my hockey world, that's bad.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:50 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
SHARK wrote:

Two things. Laurence really did lose his voice at the end of last night's show. He won't be on tonight as a result. As for the latest NHL proposal, the Sun-Times' Adam Jahns, who was a guest on Holmes' show last night, just tweeted this:

"#Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews called the latest NHL going public with the latest proposal a "tactic" to sway public opinion."

In plain English, that probably means no deal.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:59 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Need some help from the baseball guys here

Boers said a few minutes ago "there's been talk that no pitcher will ever do the old 1-4-7 again, but if anyone can do it, Verlander can."

What does that mean?

Start those 3 games in a series.

Oh. I thought that had been done a few times in the last several years so I didn't even think of it. Is that not true?

I seem to remember Carpenter starting 1,5,7 last year.

Verlander has pitcher twice in the last almost 3 weeks and he will most likely have several days off before his next start. I'd be shocked if he didn't go three games in a World Series. I think Buhrle started two and closed out another game in 2005.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:02 pm 

If I remember, Mark Buehrle actually saved 1 of those White Sox winners in the 2005 World Series vs. the Astros down in Houston.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:07 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
Joe Montana angry? :lol: :lol:

I'll always remember the story from the Super Bowl right before Montana led them down the field in the final 2 minutes. During the timeout, just as the drive is starting, Montana tapped an O-lineman, pointed to the crowd, laughed, and said, "Hey, look over there......it's John Candy!" :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:09 pm 

First, Nike. Now, Anheuser-Busch, brewers of Budweiser of course, has dropped sponsorship of disgraced cyclist Lance Armstrong.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Time to PTFB. I came back from an hour hiatus. Still more Lance bashing. Keep it. He's a god damn cyclist. Who really gives a shit?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:16 pm 

redskingreg wrote:
Time to PTFB. I came back from an hour hiatus. Still more Lance bashing. Keep it. He's a god damn cyclist. Who really gives a shit?

Now Dan is inside Lance's head, saying that his 100 million net worth means nothing to him compared to how he's percepted by the public.

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Sydney: What are you doin'?
Billy: I'm making them mad. Most guys don't play good when they're mad.
Sydney: Look, you know, you're embarrassing me. That's what you're doing.
Billy: Yeah, well that's the other thing I'm doin'.
Sydney: I can't believe this. You're not embarrassing me. You're pissing me off. That's what you're doing.
Billy: Well, good. 'Cause unlike those guys, I assume you play better when you're mad. Am I right?

To rock my soul

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
redskingreg wrote:

You're one of the tens of millions of dead enders out there that refuse to acknowledge the truth.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:17 pm 

uofiguy wrote:
redskingreg wrote:

Now Dan is inside Lance's head, saying that his 100 million net worth means nothing to him compared to how he's percepted by the public.

Dan has to believe that or he'll go legally insane.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:19 pm 

uofiguy wrote:
redskingreg wrote:

Dan has to believe that or he'll go legally insane.

No doubt. I'm thinking the reality is that while he's pissed, he'll find solace being knee deep in skeezes and an unlimited supply of cash. And if he's as delusional as Dan says, denying everything not just publicly but psychologically according to DR Bernstein, then wouldn't that mean in his world, he still has his titles?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:21 pm 

Oh what the fuck, now Lance Armstrong is now a monster? Really? Dan of all people should have allowed the Sandusky thing to grant us some perspective regarding hyperbolic words applied to sports.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:24 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Oh what the fuck, now Lance Armstrong is now a monster? Really? Dan of all people should have allowed the Sandusky thing to grant us some perspective regarding hyperbolic words applied to sports.

I'm pretty certain they've referred to him as one of the worst people in the world before.

In their defense, he's a pretty evil dude.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:30 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

I'm pretty certain they've referred to him as one of the worst people in the world before.

They think Lance Armstrong is a fraud, a phony, and a quitter.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:33 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

Maybe im missing something. I don't care about the fact he cheated, I view it similarly to the way JORR does. Then he lied and sorta continues to lie about it. Ok so that makes him a cheater. Not s good trait but far from evil. Then he profited from his charity but also did raise money for cancer research and treatment also. Maybe he wasnt very upfront about the percentage of it that actually went to the research/treatment. That's pretty shitty but also pretty common with a lot of corporations that work with charities, like the nfl. Finally, he left his wife when she supported him through everything.

Basically he's sort of a douchebag, at worst. Their vitriol is pretty misguided.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
FavreFan wrote:

Basically he's sort of a douchebag, at worst. Their vitriol is pretty misguided.

Right. He's probably a douchebag, but he's done more to help people than Dan couldn't ever dream to.

Just terrible radio. I see how people felt with the Sandusky stuff and it's only been a couple days at this point.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
so he pretty much broke 9 out of the 10 Commandments and that only gets him douchebag status? :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
SHARK wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

They think Lance Armstrong is a fraud, a phony, and a quitter.

That Michael Jordan...he's so phony!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:38 pm 

pizza_Place: ------
Northside_Dan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Right. He's probably a douchebag, but he's done more to help people than Dan couldn't ever dream to.

Just terrible radio. I see how people felt with the Sandusky stuff and it's only been a couple days at this point.

I don't know about that. Nobody even knew about sexual abuse until Dan had the courage to bring the Sandusky story to his audience. They were literally the only show taking such a strong stand on the issue of child abuse. Great American heroes? I say yes.

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:39 pm 

pizza_Place: ------
Hatchetman wrote:
so he pretty much broke 9 out of the 10 Commandments and that only gets him douchebag status? :lol:

Whoa whoa whoa....when exactly did Lance Armstrong take the Lord's name in vain?!?!?!

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next