It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Curious Hair wrote:
SHARK wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Did Doug call in?

No, but Doug Gottlieb has another gem in mere moments from now via the "CBS Sports Minute".

Yeah, that's the expression I have when hearing dumbasses like Gottlieb tell us that "Chris Carpenter is a Hall of Famer".

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:20 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Why. Didn't Joe Girardi bat Rodriguez?

Because he can't hit for shit.

I'mdouggottlieb.

C-B-S-SPORTS-RA-DI-OOO!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
lipidquadcab wrote:
beni hanna wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Did Doug call in?

He went the email route. Had a little logic and then a funny. About 3:05

Can someone post a summary of it?

Not certain I can properly do that. Maybe Doug can check his sent emails and drop it in here.

I do remember. STOP TALKING CANCER. TALK MORE CANCER

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:36 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
beni hanna wrote:

That was funny. Why can't doug be funny here?

doug gave proper credit to doctors and family as opposed to attributing to things like Livestrong and bracelets. He, mercifully, seems to have brought an end to the discussion because when doug tells you how it is, nothing else needs to be said. :salut:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Curious Hair wrote:
I hate Mike Muller. It's like if Steve in Bolingbrook had a dealership.

There's a spot where he's like "ya can prolly tell by my voice dat I'm naht a perfessional brahdcaster." Then fucking don't insist upon voicing your own spots like so many hopelessly vain pissants who own dealerships.

He's needs to get together with "the total payycckaggge!" guy to see who is the king of the meatball spokesmen.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:40 pm 

doug - evergreen park wrote:
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:

*meh*

:)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:42 pm 

By the way, that NHL CBA proposal is bullshit, the more you read it. If you love that the Pittsburgh Pirates and Miami Marlins get to get fat on revenue sharing with no requirements to do anything more than exist, then you're going to love this CBA.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:44 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
By the way, that NHL CBA proposal is bullshit, the more you read it. If you love that the Pittsburgh Pirates and Miami Marlins get to get fat on revenue sharing with no requirements to do anything more than exist, then you're going to love this CBA.

CH, I took the news of the NHL's proposal yesterday with a grain of salt. They're not playing 82 games this season! Besides, they've already cancelled the first 2 weeks of scheduled regular season games, and likely will announce more cancellations now that the NHLPA has turned down the latest proposals.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
Dan Bernstein is a cold, miserable bastard.

How could he not understand that part of the recovery process is mental/psychological? Cancer Treatement Centers of America and places like it treat more than just the physical ailment.

I've got your back kid. I've seen you criticize when it's warranted, and praise when it's due. I do the same. You're far from an ALS'er.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
A7X wrote:

How could he not understand that part of the recovery process is mental/psychological? Cancer Treatement Centers of America and places like it treat more than just the physical ailment.

I've got your back kid. I've seen you criticize when it's warranted, and praise when it's due. I do the same. You're far from an ALS'er.

Get a room, you two.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Talking about how the Bears D compares to the best defenses in the league. :lol: @ Terry mentioning Baltimore. Lets see how long it takes for someone to inform them that Seattle HAS to be in this conversation.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:53 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Talking about how the Bears D compares to the best defenses in the league. :lol: @ Terry mentioning Baltimore. Lets see how long it takes for someone to inform them that Seattle HAS to be in this conversation.

And Seattle's defense will be on display this eve when they face San Francisco on "Thursday Night Football". Statistically, BOTH the Seahawks & 49ers have 2 of the top defenses in the NFL.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:56 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

Matty was right; Terry's not just watching old Bears games from years past on DVR, he's apparently watching old Ravens games as well. Great defenses dont give up 200 yards of rushing two weeks in a row. Football stupid.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:58 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
beni hanna wrote:

doug gave proper credit to doctors and family as opposed to attributing to things like Livestrong and bracelets. He, mercifully, seems to have brought an end to the discussion because when doug tells you how it is, nothing else needs to be said. :salut:

I've been tuning in and out, but I did here Dan read Doug's email. Nice job Doug on bringing some perspective from someone who's been there. :salut:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:14 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
4:12PM >> Kerry Wood's "Personal Services" contract is mentioned offhand as FACT.

It's not officially "Kiss Dan's Ass Monday" until the top of every update starts with the Score's Dan Bernstein reports.... =D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:15 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
sinicalypse wrote:
4:12PM >> Kerry Wood's "Personal Services" contract is mentioned offhand as FACT.

It's not officially "Kiss Dan's Ass Monday" until the top of every update starts with the Score's Dan Bernstein reports.... =D

It's been reported as fact for over 8 months.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:23 pm 

Did Bob Rohrman have a stroke? He sounded hammered in that spot.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
uofiguy wrote:
Did Bob Rohrman have a stroke? He sounded hammered in that spot.

Probably and yes he was.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:35 pm 

Did Billick just say he had the Ravens 2nd in his power rankings? Not that they mean much, but the Ravens? Does he think he's still coaching them?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:40 pm 

uofiguy wrote:
Did Billick just say he had the Ravens 2nd in his power rankings? Not that they mean much, but the Ravens? Does he think he's still coaching them?

He said his ratings are an instant gratification thing. Kind of made it sound like meaningless eye candy ranking.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:48 pm 

Nut sack guy!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Greatest 10 seconds of glory ever!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:51 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Here's the email...of course I missed it being read while walking to the car.

Dan,

I had cancer before Lance Armstrong was wearing yellow jerseys and frauding his way through Tour De France Titles. While I will agree that a positive mental attitude helps in the fight through radiation and chemotherapy, my Orthopedic Surgeon, Oncologist, and Radiologist saved my life. My family and friends saved my sanity.

As educated sports fans (as rare as that may be nowadays) we have to question the achievements of our professional athletes whether they are running 9.7 second 100 meter dashes, hitting home runs every 3.5 at bats, winning 8 gold medals in a single olympics, or winning five in a row of anything. There is too much evidence to the contrary that some of those achievements were done clean and naturally.

While the premise was a massive lie, the only good that came of what Live Strong did was raise money for research, Make a Wish Foundation, etc...that otherwise may not have been there. While the body and mind may quit the fight at times for some individuals, the inspiration to survive comes from within. It does not come from a yellow rubber band.

Unless that rubber band has 5 cubic centimeters of Vincristine, Etoposide, or Ifosfamide.

Stop talking Cancer....Talk More Cancer!!!

doug - evergreen park

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
doug - evergreen park wrote:
Here's the email...of course I missed it being read while walking to the car.

Dan,

I had cancer before Lance Armstrong was wearing yellow jerseys and frauding his way through Tour De France Titles. While I will agree that a positive mental attitude helps in the fight through radiation and chemotherapy, my Orthopedic Surgeon, Oncologist, and Radiologist saved my life. My family and friends saved my sanity.

As educated sports fans (as rare as that may be nowadays) we have to question the achievements of our professional athletes whether they are running 9.7 second 100 meter dashes, hitting home runs every 3.5 at bats, winning 8 gold medals in a single olympics, or winning five in a row of anything. There is too much evidence to the contrary that some of those achievements were done clean and naturally.

While the premise was a massive lie, the only good that came of what Live Strong did was raise money for research, Make a Wish Foundation, etc...that otherwise may not have been there. While the body and mind may quit the fight at times for some individuals, the inspiration to survive comes from within. It does not come from a yellow rubber band.

Unless that rubber band has 5 cubic centimeters of Vincristine, Etoposide, or Ifosfamide.

Stop talking Cancer....Talk More Cancer!!!

doug - evergreen park

:salut: :salut: :salut:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
A7X wrote:

Thanks X. I'm sure others see it too, but it doesn't always go with the meme. I get it.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:30 pm 

Scranton, New Jersey :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:01 pm 

Every now and then last year, when hockey existed, I would watch New York Islanders games on NHL Gamecenter. Much like the Oilers, the Isles are a team to keep an eye on. Anyway, Gamecenter picked up the commercial breaks from MSG+, and there were many promos for their YES-like simulcast of the Fan's Boomer and Carton in the Morning. You guys think we have it bad with Mully and Hanley? The whole show, as best I can tell from the promos, is some rodential-looking guy who looks like he's been a radio producer for 20 years, sitting in one of those PTI-style chintz-littered studios, screaming

"Eli Manning is gawbage! Awl these guys suck!"

"Fiyah Girawdi! Rahhhhh!"

"There is NO better quawtahback than Eli Manning!"

while Boomer Esiason sits next to him, never not making this face:

I can't imagine any world in which I would want to wake up to this. Somehow, the Fan found something worse than Don Imus, who was squatting in the morning drive slot as if it never stopped being WNBC and no one had the courage to inform him.

So I hope you guys enjoyed your brief taste of Craig Carton screeching like an idiot about DISGRACING THE PINSTROYPES while Boomer Esiason maybe said five words. This is probably going to be the flagship national morning show of C-B-S-SPORTS-RA-DI-O!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
The legend of WFAN far outstrips the reality. It's an awful, awful, awful radio station.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:17 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Bad show.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next