It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
City of Fools wrote:
SHARK wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
Mac was right when he listed Simms as the worst color man in football. Among the A-teams, that is. He truly does not seem to be aware of the game half the time.

Phil Simms is bad. If I were running CBS Sports, I'd have Dan Dierdorf working with Jim Nantz, or better yet, Dan Fouts.

SHARK, you can let the secret out of the bag...you really do run CBS sports, don't you?

City, SHARK doesn't run CBS Sports, let alone CBS Sports Radio for that matter.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
Terry knew all along that Garret Reed died of a smack overdose.

Robert Reed died of an AIDS overdose.

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
SHARK wrote:
They were doing a "Guys' Night Out" promotion involving a White Sox game. That might explain why Mully & Hanley were at a White Sox game earlier this season, not to mention the fact they've got a rotating billboard at home games.

This was several years ago, but probably the same concept. May have been when they were still filling the two hour midday show.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
beni hanna wrote:
SHARK wrote:
They were doing a "Guys' Night Out" promotion involving a White Sox game. That might explain why Mully & Hanley were at a White Sox game earlier this season, not to mention the fact they've got a rotating billboard at home games.

This was several years ago, but probably the same concept. May have been when they were still filling the two hour midday show.

Mike & Brian, as ex-Bears' GM Jerry Angelo referred to them, did the same promotion when they did middays.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Northside_Dan wrote:
:lol: :lol:

And then you get reminded why the show is great. "you St. Louis bitch"

No.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Zach Zaidman wrote:
The Bears are having a tough time figuring out a role for Earl Bennett with Marshall now on the team.

That's awesome. Signed for $18 million and 4 years and the coaches don't know how to use him. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:49 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
drinky = Guy Fieri mult

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:56 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
:lol: :lol: Penelope Cruz or Salma Hayek is not a good enough choice for Terry.

He needs something better.

Hayek is the correct answer.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:53 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I heard a couple JLeman mentions. Are they stating that he was a bad analyst?

You're not related to Leman, are you?

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:23 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
SomeGuy wrote:
Now it's BernSTINE shitting all over anything anyone says unless they agree with him.

It's not enough to simply agree with him. He must be agreed with in a very specific way that includes ass-kissing/fealty combined with statistics that he finds interesting. See Quad City Pat.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:48 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
Now it's BernSTINE shitting all over anything anyone says unless they agree with him.

It's not enough to simply agree with him. He must be agreed with in a very specific way that includes ass-kissing/fealty combined with statistics that he finds interesting. See Quad City Pat.

Correct.

You can see it during transition, talks with Goff or callers. Even if those people breakdown from the browbeating and cede argumentative territory (see: caller from yesterday about Phil Simms take on Jay Cutler) Bernsie won't be satisfied and will continue the attack whether he or the caller is right, wrong or a mix of both making the segment drag on and ultimately lead to PTFB. It's very tedious radio and very bad and tedious sports radio. You need to have a back and forth with sports radio, give and take for the sake of the flow and continuity of the show. That's not to say strong stances shouldn't be taken and idiots must be treated with kid gloves....they shouldn't, but BernSTINE sees everyone as an idiot and everyday he dons his rusty suit of armor, mounts his donkey and tilts at windmills.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:10 am 
Site Admin

SomeGuy wrote:
but BernSTINE sees everyone as an idiot and everyday he dons his rusty suit of armor, mounts his donkey and tilts at windmills.

Boers & bernstein: "It's us against the world. And we're winning."

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:50 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
This leads really to my biggest dislike of Bernsie. He has to dissect every damn call is super smart fashion. "I am trying to understand your premise" or "what is your question". It isn't supposed to be deep thinking or important radio... Sports talk is supposed to be an escape and fun.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:48 am 
Site Admin

pittmike wrote:
This leads really to my biggest dislike of Bernsie. He has to dissect every damn call is super smart fashion. "I am trying to understand your premise" or "what is your question". It isn't supposed to be deep thinking or important radio... Sports talk is supposed to be an escape and fun.

Exactly. So what if people talk about "Bear weather"? It seems like an utterly ridiculous thing over which to get one's shorts in a bunch. And when you treat it the same way as you treat serious things like Penn State it makes it seem as if you really don't have a moral compass at all.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:52 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I think the angle that Lovie Smith often panders in a half-assed attempt to curry favor with people he knows dislike him was kind of interesting, but not interesting enough to warrant more than just hitting it and moving on.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:02 am 
Site Admin

Curious Hair wrote:
I think the angle that Lovie Smith often panders in a half-assed attempt to curry favor with people he knows dislike him was kind of interesting, but not interesting enough to warrant more than just hitting it and moving on.

If the people that consume your product think beating the Packers is more important than beating another team, then it is. dan bernstein's opinion doesn't mean shit.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:28 am 

That is the part the surprises me most. I guess a lot of here are wrong though because believe you me the bottom line is king. If they pissed off so many people and there were no ratings they would be gone. It surprises me so many still listen to their shit but I do so who am I crappin?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:48 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
pittmike wrote:
That is the part the surprises me most. I guess a lot of here are wrong though because believe you me the bottom line is king. If they pissed off so many people and there were no ratings they would be gone. It surprises me so many still listen to their shit but I do so who am I crappin?

Thats because there is obviously a market for sports radio still, and CJH are about as bad as a show gets these days. What else is there?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:00 pm 

MattInTheCrown wrote:
I heard a couple JLeman mentions. Are they stating that he was a bad analyst?

You're not related to Leman, are you?

No.

But he was pretty solid as an analyst for his first few games.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:06 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

If the people that consume your product think beating the Packers is more important than beating another team, then it is. dan bernstein's opinion doesn't mean shit.

I don't get the backlash against that whole "beat Green Bay" thing, honestly. Considering they are divisional games against the team that more often than not is likely to win the division, those are your two most important games. I mean, if you had your biggest rivalry with an organization that wasn't a near-perennial contender, okay, it might be meatball, but beating the Packers? Kind of important!

EDIT: Yeah, looking back, if Lovie first made that statement upon his hiring in 2004, he did so after the Packers won the division two years in a row, made the playoffs four years in a row, and in 2001 finished a game back of a lucky Bears team that they beat twice (and had the same second-round out). Then they won the division a third year in a row. So beating the Packers might have been that good first step he said it was after all!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:50 pm 

You guys don't understand.

Every Bears fan would rather beat the Packers twice than win the Super Bowl. EVERY ONE!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:52 pm 
Site Admin

Curious Hair wrote:
I mean, if you had your biggest rivalry with an organization that wasn't a near-perennial contender, okay, it might be meatball

Let's ask a Cardinals fan. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
I mean, if you had your biggest rivalry with an organization that wasn't a near-perennial contender, okay, it might be meatball

Let's ask a Cardinals fan. :lol:

:lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:56 pm 
Site Admin

You guys don't understand.

Every Bears fan would rather beat the Packers twice than win the Super Bowl. EVERY ONE!

A couple things about this. It isn't realistic to think you could win a Super Bowl every year. But you certainly could beat a rival at least once each season.

bernstein isn't really a sports fan, so he doesn't understand following a team and what rivalries mean. I know it feels good when the Kits beat New Trier even if they aren't headed downstate.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:54 pm 

That is where exactly Bernsie jumped the shark so to speak. When he went all in on the closer to a championship thing. I mean really each major sports league has about 30 teams. If only a championship mattered there wouldn't be anything or sports radio for that matter.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5