It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:35 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
I've listened since June of 2001. I've observed how the show has changed in the 13 days since he signed off on their show for the last time. It's made me reflect on one of the ways he affected the show. But a flashback:

Before Goff joined the show in the fall of 2004, B&B were pretty much the same divisive, outrageous, appalling, objectionable, offensive, and occasionally-inhospitable guys that they are now. The difference though is that after Goff joined and began chiming in regularly, somehow B&B found the confidence in themselves to actually start trying to break down games. That was never their strong suit, and never has it become more clear that they just don't know what the hell they're talking about than this week. Boers in particular has been given free reign to actually have clear sports thoughts without Jason bailing him out. Guess what? He NEEDED Jason to bail him out.

Nowadays they (Bernstein mostly) actually try to break down the X's and O's of sports. They didn't do that in the Zampillo/Schayer days. Back then, it was a more simplistic, "This guy is bad at ____.", but I was fine with that approach. It was just two guys giving uninformed commentary instead of pretending to be experts. They pretty much told you, "We don't know what the hell we're talking about and we really don't care." Now it's like they want to sound like they know what they're talking about so they use jargon like, "Flipping the hips" and such.

For some reason, when Jason came onboard they felt like they had to become expert analysts. However now, their analytical deficiencies are glaring and they no longer have Jason the Security Blanket to bail them out when they stumble into horribly bad sports thoughts (like Calvin Johnson isn't an elite WR or the Nets won't be a good team).

I'd love it if this show would stop taking itself so seriously.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:39 am 

Keeping Score wrote:
I'd love it if listeners/posters would stop taking it so seriously. (Not referring to your post)

I agree, but that's a different topic.

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:42 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Keeping Score wrote:
I'd love it if listeners/posters would stop taking it so seriously. (Not referring to your post)

I'd love it if some people shut the fuck up and laid in traffic. (Not referring to your post)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:43 am 

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I've listened since June of 2001. I've observed how the show has changed in the 13 days since he signed off on their show for the last time. It's made me reflect on one of the ways he affected the show. But a flashback:

Before Goff joined the show in the fall of 2004, B&B were pretty much the same divisive, outrageous, appalling, objectionable, offensive, and occasionally-inhospitable guys that they are now. The difference though is that after Goff joined and began chiming in regularly, somehow B&B found the confidence in themselves to actually start trying to break down games. That was never their strong suit, and never has it become more clear that they just don't know what the hell they're talking about than this week. Boers in particular has been given free reign to actually have clear sports thoughts without Jason bailing him out. Guess what? He NEEDED Jason to bail him out.

Nowadays they (Bernstein mostly) actually try to break down the X's and O's of sports. They didn't do that in the Zampillo/Schayer days. Back then, it was a more simplistic, "This guy is bad at ____.", but I was fine with that approach. It was just two guys giving uninformed commentary instead of pretending to be experts. They pretty much told you, "We don't know what the hell we're talking about and we really don't care." Now it's like they want to sound like they know what they're talking about so they use jargon like, "Flipping the hips" and such.

For some reason, when Jason came onboard they felt like they had to become expert analysts. However now, their analytical deficiencies are glaring and they no longer have Jason the Security Blanket to bail them out when they stumble into horribly bad sports thoughts (like Calvin Johnson isn't an elite WR or the Nets won't be a good team).

It's ok, just take a deep breath and repeat after me.....

"It's a really bad show now"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:43 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
I want the show to get back to being the stupid, gay, weird show instead of trying to be important sports guys.

I enjoyed it when they would make crazy statements and stick with it even after it was proven false.

No team with Avery Johnson as a PG will win an NBA title.
No team with Juan Uribe as a starting SS will win the World Series.

I haven't listened regularly in months.

I want my show back.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:44 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina

Very true. In fact, from what I have heard this week, Boers still waits to hear Jason bail him out. Maybe he will eventually grow used to it and stop trying to talk altogether.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:45 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
penis

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:46 am 

SomeGuy wrote:

I agree SomeGuy. It is a bad show now.

But you're great.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:46 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
I want the show to get back to being the stupid, gay, weird show instead of trying to be important sports guys.

I enjoyed it when they would make crazy statements and stick with it even after it was proven false.

No team with Avery Johnson as a PG will win an NBA title.
No team with Juan Uribe as a starting SS will win the World Series.

I haven't listened regularly in months.

I want my show back.

Our show hasn't been back in years, the "Horrible Show Monsters" have taken it away, locked it up and swallowed the key.

I want "My Show!" back as well, but it ain't gonna happen.

Kid is correct, they don't know much about sports.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:47 am 

Krazy Ivan wrote:
penis

I think you and I need to hug. Not the handshake/half hug. No. I mean a real embrace. It's long overdue.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:47 am 

SomeGuy wrote:

I agree SomeGuy. It is a bad show now.

But you're great.

We make a hell of couple!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:50 am 

Krazy Ivan wrote:
penis

I think you and I need to hug. Not the handshake/half hug. No. I mean a real embrace. It's long overdue.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:51 am 

Keeping Score wrote:
I think it's pretty much the same show it's always been as long as they're not talking Penn St, CTE or LiveStrong/Armstrong. Might be a couple of other PTFB topics I'm forgetting.

The above quoted ramblings are brought to you buy a guy that has spent his life saving on PCP and smoked it all before writing the above post.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:52 am 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
The bailout theory is ironic, given that Goff doesn't know dick-all about the NFL either.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:54 am 

Keeping Score wrote:
I think it's pretty much the same show it's always been as long as they're not talking Penn St, CTE or LiveStrong/Armstrong. Might be a couple of other PTFB topics I'm forgetting.

It's really not though. I have the fallout show from that horrible Monday night game in 2003 against the Packers. The Bears got their asses handed to them, but the vibe of the show was completely different. It wasn't so serious. I'll post it. You'll notice the difference. I can't really describe how or why, but the show was just different back then.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:55 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
But Goff was no great sports mind either. I mean hearing about someone being a grown ass man doesnt really tell me why they are good at basketball.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:56 am 

Keeping Score wrote:

It's really not though. I have the fallout show from that horrible Monday night game in 2003 against the Packers. The Bears got their asses handed to them, but the vibe of the show was completely different. It wasn't so serious. I'll post it. You'll notice the difference. I can't really describe how or why, but the show was just different back then.

You said it. They weren't trying to be serious sports radio guys.

They were content being dopes.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:57 am 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
But Goff was no great sports mind either. I mean hearing about someone being a grown ass man doesnt really tell me why they are good at basketball.

Lack of descriptiveness in his explanation doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't have a mind for sports.

Goff clearly knew more about sports than both Boers and Bernstein.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:00 am 

Keeping Score wrote:
Well Terry is definitely content at being a dope, so I think most of you guys' perceived problems with the show must come from Bernsie.

That's probably true.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:00 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Lack of descriptiveness in his explanation doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't have a mind for sports.

Yeah, he watched games.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:02 am 

Hank Scorpio wrote:

So does a elephant.

Hi Kid!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:05 am 

Keeping Score wrote:
One thing I noticed when Bernsie was on vacation a couple months ago or so, was the day it was Boers and I believe Jason.......and a pretty big Penn St. related story broke, that they didn't talk about it for even a second.

I remember that and I noticed it at the time too. It was actually refreshing that they stayed away from it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:06 am 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
Hank Scorpio wrote:

I don't know about that. You're right in the context of the NBA. Goff is definitely more familiar with specific NBA players and coaches and their tendencies (perhaps strategy, too, but he never felt the need to flex his brain on the air like Bernstein and prattle on about all the stuff Thibs runs). But when it comes to the non-Bears NFL he's as clueless as Dan and Terry.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:07 am 

Also, a lot of guys complain about Terry and his "sources" breaking stories. He didn't always do that either.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:08 am 

Dave In Champaign wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

I don't know about that. You're right in the context of the NBA. Goff is definitely more familiar with specific NBA players and coaches and their tendencies (perhaps strategy, too, but he never felt the need to flex his brain on the air like Bernstein and prattle on about all the stuff Thibs runs). But when it comes to the non-Bears NFL he's as clueless as Dan and Terry.

You could be right about that. Admittedly, I don't know enough about the NFL to recognize when somebody doesn't know what they're talking about.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:09 am 

Keeping Score wrote:
Well Terry is definitely content at being a dope, so I think most of you guys' perceived problems with the show must come from Bernsie.

That's probably true.

For me that's certainly true.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:11 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
Keeping Score wrote:

That's probably true.

It's both.

Bernse is a bitch and make the show horrible.

Terry is lying bitch that doesn't care. He was good when he didn't care but didn't brag about it.

The combination is what makes the show horrible.

Last edited by SomeGuy on Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:11 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
Keeping Score wrote:

That's probably true.

That is it for me too, his smugness is so high I can't take it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:13 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza

I said (or at least thought) something to this effect the other day, and listening to that Bulldog guy in Kansas City on your YouTube channel has only made this clearer. B&B seem to be able to have their cake and eat it too.

They certainly do not traffic in that pandering to the fans garbage that you find up the dial, and arguably have more respect for their listeners as a result. I would argue that their goofy, gay, dismissive, arrogant attitude attracts a far wider audience than the milquetoast garbage served up by WMVP. B&B covers all fields, they bait meatballs into calling every day, they've cultivated a crop of dedicated ass lickers and dick twirlers that do the same, and there is a board dedicated to dissecting anything and everything they say.

They essentially say this every day: acting serious when it suits "The Narrative" but also backing off that position when it doesn't. They are everything and nothing and apparently wildly successful as a result.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:14 am 

SpiralStairs wrote:

I said (or at least thought) something to this effect the other day, and listening to that Bulldog guy in Kansas City on your YouTube channel has only made this clearer. B&B seem to be able to have their cake and eat it too.

They certainly do not traffic in that pandering to the fans garbage that you find up the dial, and arguably have more respect for their listeners as a result. I would argue that their goofy, gay, dismissive, arrogant attitude attracts a far wider audience than the milquetoast garbage served up by WMVP. B&B covers all fields, they bait meatballs into calling every day, they've cultivated a crop of dedicated ass lickers and dick twirlers that do the same, and there is a board dedicated to dissecting anything and everything they say.

They essentially say this every day: acting serious when it suits "The Narrative" but also backing off that position when it doesn't. They are everything and nothing and apparently wildly successful as a result.

You forgot to log into your "Dan BernSTINE" account before posting this.