It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:15 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
See Hawg, the smugness never bothered me. Bernstein was always smug, but back in the day he was more self-deprecating. Now it seems he believes he's as smart as the image he tries to project of himself.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:16 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Terry's Peeps wrote:
I want the show to get back to being the stupid, gay, weird show instead of trying to be important sports guys.

:salut: Too much venom and hate has infiltrated the show. Needs more gay.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:17 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Kirkwood wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
I want the show to get back to being the stupid, gay, weird show instead of trying to be important sports guys.

What are you doing this Friday?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:18 am 

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
See Hawg, the smugness never bothered me. Bernstein was always smug, but back in the day he was more self-deprecating. Now it seems he believes he's as smart as the image he tries to project of himself.

It's something, but it was way to much. If I ever saw him, I really believe I would tell him to fuck off. I can't stand the arrogant asshole. He has gotten a holier than thou attitude and it isn't working.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:20 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Chef BoYARdee is coming over. We need a third...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:21 am 

The "I can turn around a 95mph fastball" was the "earnest" claim that pushed me over the edge.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:21 am 

Kirkwood wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Chef BoYARdee is coming over. We need a third...

I'll be there with an apron and a goofy hat.

For my penus.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:26 am 

Keeping Score wrote:
A big thing that bothers a lot of folks here is their expertise or lack of. I'm the complete opposite of that. I really just want 5 hours of silly banter.

I agree KS. That's what I want too.

My whole point is if you're gonna market yourself as the thinking man's sports show, at least have a clue what you're talking about.

I'm aware of Sabrmetrics, but Bernstein spent most of the summer trying to say that Derek Jeter was a bad defensive SS over his career. He didn't say "overrated" or even "mediocre". He said bad. I don't care who you are or how into metrics you are, that's just false. Stuff like that is what I'm talking about.

If it were just 5 hours of goofiness, I wouldn't complain ever.

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:27 am 

Keeping Score wrote:
I want to fight you so bad. And SomeGuy.

Book it Speeps.

You spelled "fuck" wrong.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:27 am 

Keeping Score wrote:

Book it Speeps.

I am not a companionator.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:29 am 

Keeping Score wrote:

Book it Speeps.

He forgot to put you would be the special referee.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:30 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Regular Reader wrote:
The "I can turn around a 95mph fastball" was the "earnest" claim that pushed me over the edge.
God, just listening to him quibble and deflect the audacity of the claim by trying to say that it's, "not that impressive for a high school kid to do" while completely ignoring the fact that HE was the one claiming he could turn around on the pitch is enough to get my BVDs in a bunch.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:31 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Keeping Score wrote:
A big thing that bothers a lot of folks here is their expertise or lack of. I'm the complete opposite of that. I really just want 5 hours of silly banter.

I agree KS. That's what I want too.

My whole point is if you're gonna market yourself as the thinking man's sports show, at least have a clue what you're talking about.

I'm aware of Sabrmetrics, but Bernstein spent most of the summer trying to say that Derek Jeter was a bad defensive SS over his career. He didn't say "overrated" or even "mediocre". He said bad. I don't care who you are or how into metrics you are, that's just false. Stuff like that is what I'm talking about.

If it were just 5 hours of goofiness, I wouldn't complain ever.

We are truly getting down to the heart of the matter.

The show was better when it was the opposite of, or close to it, the show that it is now.

I used to listen everyday to the whole show or close to it. Now, when I dare to check it out, I PTFB in minutes.

Sports, statistics, thoughts and whatever is on BernSTINEs mind is king of the land, the most important stuff in history and you must agree with Danny or you're a total moron.

That can get a bit tedious.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:31 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
He forgot to put you would be the special referee.

Dusty Baker wrote:
My name Bennett, and I ain't innit.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:32 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
A lot of what Cairo says here is true. A lot isn't, as well. I don't feel like breaking it down, though...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:33 am 

Keeping Score wrote:
All I know, is that I don't listen to sports radio to really learn anything. I just want to be entertained.

And for the Love of Lucy, I want to be in an Elimination Chamber with Hawger, SomeGuy, Kid, and Speeps.

MIKEY, HE GETS IT!

The show isn't entertaining anymore, not even close. It's a chore to listen to, it's bad and not fun anymore.

Phew, that was easy, I'm glad we hashed that out.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:33 am 

Krazy Ivan wrote:
A lot of what Cairo says here is true. A lot isn't, as well. I don't feel like breaking it down, though...

Please do. It's a discussion. A give/take of opinions. I'd like to hear yours.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:34 am 

I'd whip all of your asses and come out on top.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:35 am 

Keeping Score wrote:
Well Terry is definitely content at being a dope, so I think most of you guys' perceived problems with the show must come from Bernsie.

Bernsie drives the show and sets up Terry for failure. Serious topics like PSU, Lance, CTE and X&O's marginalize Terry and make him look stupid. The NBA GM survey segment is a recent example of where Bernsie made him sound awful. Whenever Terry would have a show or banter with Jason and/or Matty it was goofy, silly and gay. Exactly what I tune in for.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:37 am 

Krazy Ivan wrote:

Say your peace or get the fuck out.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:37 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
I'd whip all of your asses and come out on top.

Ninja please....

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:38 am 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
The "expertise" thing is a red herring. It's sports radio, no one tunes in for expertise. I do care that they say indefensibly dumb and completely unsubstantiated things about who's a stud and who's a bum, and then scream at people who have the temerity to think that Jay Cutler isn't superawesomex10000. I care that they do Very Important Radio anytime a Penn State trustee sneezes in public and Very Corporate Radio whenever Uncle Jerry doesn't like his attendance numbers. I care that they spent an entire show laughing at Brett Favre getting injured but won't rest until every person on the planet accepts LeBron James as their personal lord and savior. You could get past all this stuff because they'd also go on long and goofy tangents, but the ratio of self-righteous screaming : silly banter has been completely out of whack for close to eighteen months now.

Between the manufactured outrage, the meatball-baiting, the insulting of callers, the bad-faith arguments, and the sneering derision for the listener, the only thing separating this current iteration of Dan Bernstein from Colin Cowherd is a Duke vocabulary.

Last edited by Dave In Champaign on Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:39 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Really wish Wendy's would bring back their taco bar. 8-year old Greg ate that shit all the time.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:40 am 

redskingreg wrote:
Really wish Wendy's would bring back their taco bar. 8-year old Greg ate that shit all the time.

Racist.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:41 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Terry's Peeps wrote:
redskingreg wrote:

Racist.

Did the Wendy's in Chicagoland have taco bars? I'm not originally from here. The one in my hometown did, in fact, have a taco bar.

http://www.epicportions.com/2009/04/10/ ... super-bar/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:42 am 

Keeping Score wrote:
Unlike many, I do still find the show most enjoyable......and don't find it all that different than years gone by.....as long as they're not talking "Show Killers": Penn St/Sandusky, CTE, Sabermetrics, LanceStrong and maybe a couple of others.

So as long as the show isn't the show it's OK?

Dude, that PCP you're smoking must be pretty intense.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:42 am 

Dave In Champaign wrote:
Very Corporate Radio whenever Uncle Jerry doesn't like his attendance numbers.

That was some of the worst radio I've ever heard from this show in all the time I listened. And that's despite spending the entire spring of 2010 talking about hockey fighting and the entire summer of 2010 talking about CTE.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:43 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Krazy Ivan wrote:

Well. I started listening to B&B after Mac got shit canned. Every time I tried to listen before, I hated it. I'd have it on for like 3 minutes and I was confused by all the giggling and drops. Very different from the old MJH show. However, when I really started listening, it immediately became the greatest thing ever. The sillines, the contrarian opinions, the shit given to the callers...I loved every minute of it. I still dig it, to an extent. For whatever reason (not exactly sure why) I've fallen off with my listenership as of late. It's no secret that I am a huge Jason Goff fan. His departure may be part of the reason, but I've also found a shit load of shows to listen to lately. It's hard to juggle them all sometimes.

But more to your point. I like the black and white statements they make (So and so is bad at football). The breaking down of sports knowledge doesn't really bother me because I know what I know and it entertains me when they piss off callers. Boers is old. He's still funny as hell, but his lack of sports knowledge is glaringly obvious. Always has been. Nothing new. Bernstein seems destined for something more than this. Easily my favorite at the Score. He can (almost) do no wrong radio wise in my book. Still the best local sports show in Chicago by a mile....

Last edited by Krazy Ivan on Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:44 am 

redskingreg wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
redskingreg wrote:

Racist.

Did the Wendy's in Chicagoland have taco bars? I'm not originally from here. The one in my hometown did, in fact, have a taco bar.

http://www.epicportions.com/2009/04/10/ ... super-bar/

The one on 37th and Archer did.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:45 am 

Krazy Ivan wrote:
Krazy Ivan wrote:

Well. I started listening to B&B after Mac got shit canned. Every time I tried to listen before, I hated it. I'd have it on for like 3 minutes and I was confused by all the giggling and drops. Very different from the old MJH show. However, when I really started listening, it immediately became the greatest thing ever. The sillines, the contrarian opinions, the shit given to the callers...I loved every minute of it. I still dig it, to an extent. For whatever reason (not exactly sure why) I've fallen off with my listenership as of late. It's no secret that I am a huge Jason Goff fan. His departure may be part of the reason, but I've also found a shit load of shows to listen to lately. It's hard to juggle them all sometimes.

But more to your point. I like the black and white statements they make (So and so is bad at football). The breaking down of sports knowledge doesn't really bother me because I know what I know and it entertains me when they piss off callers. Boers is old. He's still funny as hell, but his lack of sports knowledge is glaringly obvious. Always has been. Nothing new. Bernstein seems destined for something more than this. Easily my favorite at the Score. He can (almost) do no wrong radio wise in my book. Still the best local sports show in Chicago by a mile....

Thanks for sharing. I can't find fault with anything you said really. Especially the Goff thing. It's just not as much fun without him.

How about that hug?

Last edited by The Original Kid Cairo on Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.