It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

I also heard WYC. Some caller got Goff for a comment on he made on his debut show in Atlanta.

Goff: Cam Newton is not a top 10 QB. I would put him in the top third of NFL QBs.

Caller: Well Jason, 33% of 32 teams is 10.56. Jason, Who you Crapping?

Not a good start. Although, it's the South. Nobody there can do basic math. So he gets away with it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Eaglo Jeff wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Ok. I just listened to 10 minutes of it. I was right. It's bad and weird.

C'mon, admit it, this just doesn't look right.

:lol: :lol:

Jason kinda has that "what have I got myself into?" look. I haven't been able to listen, but it seems like an even odder pairing than Mac (our Mac) and Jiggs back in '99.

It was one or two shows so I'm sure they will get better and gel more, at least I hope so.

Either way this is Goff's opportunity to sharpen his skills and develop on his own far away from the damning influence of B&B.

I have hope for Goff and his future in the Biz.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:00 pm 
1000 CLUB

Which one is the oddest partnership? What's the weirder promo shot? Light 'em up Chicago!!!!

OR

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou's
Glad to see some more anti-Beardown posts lately. YOU SUCK BEARDOWN.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:57 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
What a clever mult for Beardown to use.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:45 pm 
1000 CLUB

It's so funny. I heard the first 10 minutes of today's show. Goff is so polite and boring. It's just not him. You can tell he doesn't want to unleash reveal his true self right away. I thought that would be the case. He sounded nervous. He doesn't want to piss off his bosses or his partner right away. It will come. Goff will get comfortable like he did on the B&B show. God help you Mac McDonald when that day comes.

The little I heard is everything that Goff would mock about talk show hosts when he was chiming in on B&B. He even said they would do a fantasy football segmant. :lol: B&B are turning in their graves. Well, Boers is at least. He's been dead for a while.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:50 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Beardown wrote:
It's so funny. I heard the first 10 minutes of today's show. Goff is so polite and boring. It's just not him. You can tell he doesn't want to unleash reveal his true self right away. I thought that would be the case. He sounded nervous. He doesn't want to piss off his bosses or his partner right away. It will come. Goff will get comfortable like he did on the B&B show. God help you Mac McDonald when that day comes.

The little I heard is everything that Goff would mock about talk show hosts when he was chiming in on B&B. He even said they would do a fantasy football segmant. :lol: B&B are turning in their graves. Well, Boers is at least. He's been dead for a while.

I'm confused, and forgive me for using a tired B&B trope, but what specifically do you not like about Goff? Isn't it reasonable to expect that he might not want to rock the boat just yet on his first show?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:55 pm 
1000 CLUB

Sure. It's reasonable. It's still funny.

I thought he was loud, dumb, arrogant and pretty much a Bernstein clone on the B&B show.

Had to cover his Atlanta move for CSFMB. They expect that of me.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:06 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Sure. It's reasonable. It's still funny.

I thought he was loud, dumb, arrogant and pretty much a Bernstein clone on the B&B show.

Had to cover his Atlanta move for CSFMB. They expect that of me.

Isn't everyone on the B&B show loud, dumb, and arrogant?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:20 pm 
1000 CLUB

Bernstein's not dumb.

I guess I find Goff's new Atlanta style funny cuz it proves he was only brash, tough and irreverent when he was able to hide behind Bernstein. I always thought that of him. Dan McNeil confronted him once and he also backed down like a weezle.

Now he's on his own and he's gotta play by the same "safe rules" that all the boring, stupid, cracker broadcasters have to play by. Why? Cuz it's all about staying employed. I think Goff realizes that now. He was always the "tough guy" standing behind Bernstein. They weren't gonna fire him as a producer for things he said cuz Bernstein liked him enough to where he was safe. If Bernstein liked him, Mitch wasn't gonna say anything. That's pretty much how that went. Now that he's got no protection he's probably scared to be what he was on the B&B show. Now that I think about it, maybe he'll never reveal what he was on Bernstein's show to Atlanta. Too risky.

Same thing applies to drinky, by the way. He's the same way. So don't call me racist. It's just true.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:12 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Beardown wrote:
Bernstein's not dumb.

I guess I find Goff's new Atlanta style funny cuz it proves he was only brash, tough and irreverent when he was able to hide behind Bernstein. I always thought that of him. Dan McNeil confronted him once and he also backed down like a weezle.

Now he's on his own and he's gotta play by the same "safe rules" that all the boring, stupid, cracker broadcasters have to play by. Why? Cuz it's all about staying employed. I think Goff realizes that now. He was always the "tough guy" standing behind Bernstein. They weren't gonna fire him as a producer for things he said cuz Bernstein liked him enough to where he was safe. If Bernstein liked him, Mitch wasn't gonna say anything. That's pretty much how that went. Now that he's got no protection he's probably scared to be what he was on the B&B show. Now that I think about it, maybe he'll never reveal what he was on Bernstein's show to Atlanta. Too risky.

Same thing applies to drinky, by the way. He's the same way. So don't call me racist. It's just true.

You can't have it both ways, moron.

Either you want him to be brash or you want him to play by the rules. Don't criticize the guy for being brash, and then dump on him for finding a new job and trying to acclimate. If he got to the new station and acted exactly like he did on the B&B show, you'd still be talking shit anyway.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:23 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
you'd still be talking shit anyway.

And this is why nobody should respond to anything he posts here. It's a schtick. Everyone knows it, but still plays along...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:24 am 

pizza_Place: ------
Krazy Ivan wrote:
you'd still be talking shit anyway.

And this is why nobody should respond to anything he posts here. It's a schtick. Everyone knows it, but still plays along...

But in our defense we do the same thing with your posts

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:25 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
:x

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:06 am 
1000 CLUB

Beardown wrote:
Bernstein's not dumb.

You can't have it both ways, moron.

Either you want him to be brash or you want him to play by the rules. Don't criticize the guy for being brash, and then dump on him for finding a new job and trying to acclimate. If he got to the new station and acted exactly like he did on the B&B show, you'd still be talking shit anyway.

It's not about what I want. I'm just calling out the hypocracy as I see it.

Here's what's gonna happen with Goffer. He's gonna realize that this is the following type of sports radio is what keeps you employed. That he can't pull off Bernstein's act.

Goff will be asking Atlanta players to show more fire and passion. He'll do a fantacy football segment every day of the week. He'll tailgate with listeners at Falcons games. He'll be predicting scores to...wait for it...GAMES. :shock: He'll be imploring the city of Atlanta to knock down the Georgia dome because he'll say football was meant to be played outside. He's gonna take up golf and talk about his game on the air. He'll compliment the unathletic white players of Atlanta and say that "Every team needs a grinder like this one."

B&B: Say it ain't so, Jason. Say it ain't so.

Goff: Oh it be so, mothafuckas. I gots to do what I gots to do.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:22 am 

Beardown wrote:
Here's what's gonna happen with Goffer. He's gonna realize that this is the following type of sports radio is what keeps you employed. That he can't pull off Bernstein's act.

Goff will be asking Atlanta players to show more fire and passion. He'll do a fantacy football segment every day of the week. He'll tailgate with listeners at Falcons games. He'll be predicting scores to...wait for it...GAMES. :shock: He'll be imploring the city of Atlanta to knock down the Georgia dome because he'll say football was meant to be played outside. He's gonna take up golf and talk about his game on the air. He'll compliment the unathletic white players of Atlanta and say that "Every team needs a grinder like this one."

Weirdly I don't think that's too far from the truth. I haven't followed B&B from day one, but it seems like Dan's schtick is able to exist based on a number of things falling perfectly into place. Most notably, people's growing intolerance for Mike North's brand of talk radio.

I don't necessarily think that Goff can't pull off something similar to Bernstein's act, but his success or failure depends on what his handlers and/or his own talent will let him do.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:29 am 

Stairs, I will serenade you with a punch to the nuts.

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:30 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza

Lay off.

I've taken him under my wing.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:31 am 

I not buying into Beardown's brand of tin-foil hat analysis, but I don't think it's unreasonable to argue that whoever Goff's bosses are might not want him to rock the boat. Of course I am basing all of this on nothing, in which case a good punch to my nuts might be warranted. :D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:31 am 

I not buying into Beardown's brand of tin-foil hat analysis, but I don't think it's unreasonable to argue that whoever Goff's bosses are might not want him to rock the boat. Of course I am basing all of this on nothing, in which case a good punch to my nuts might be warranted. :D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:32 am 

I feel so unsure
As I take your hand and lead you to the dance floor
As the music dies, something in your eyes
Calls to mind a silver screen and all those sad goodbyes

I'm never gonna dance again
Cause guilty feet have got no rhythm
Though it's easy to pretend
I know you're not a fool

I should have known better than to cheat a friend
And waste the chance that I'd been given
So I'm never gonna dance again
The way I danced with you

Time can never mend
The careless whispers of a good friend
To the heart and mind
Ignorance is kind
And there's no comfort in the truth
Pain is all you'll find

I'm never gonna dance again
Cause guilty feet have got no rhythm
Though it's easy to pretend
I know you're not a fool

Chus wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:34 am 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:35 am 

The Kaner mult was the real reason for the recent recession #HarshTruth

Chus wrote:

Last edited by Phil McCracken on Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:36 am 

You never really tried to know him...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:38 am 

You never really tried to know him...

Once BigFan killed The Chaunce I promised myself to never leave myself vulnerable to loving a mult ever again....

Chus wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:42 am 
1000 CLUB

- Goff is gonna criticize Atlanta's black athletes for having tatoos and long hair

- Goff is gonna start saying that RBIs for hitters and wins and losses for pitchers are the most important stats in baseball

- Goff's gonna say that the Braves need a bench clearing brawl to "kick start" themselves when they are in a losing streak.

- Goff's gonna say that "Time of Possesion" is the most important stat in football.

- After the Falcons lose in the playoffs, Goff's gonna say that the Falcons should trade for Time Tebow cuz 20 plays per game of wild cat will be what they need to win the Super Bowl.

- Goff's gonna say that the Hawks should implore a "bleed the shot clock" style so they can get enough wins to get the 8th seed. He'll say making the playoffs will give them "momentum" for next season.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:43 am 

Beardown wrote:
- Goff is gonna criticize Atlanta's black athletes for having tatoos and long hair

- Goff is gonna start saying that RBIs for hitters and wins and losses for pitchers are the most important stats in baseball

- Goff's gonna say that the Braves need a bench clearing brawl to "kick start" themselves when they are in a losing streak.

- Goff's gonna say that "Time of Possesion" is the most important stat in football.

- After the Falcons lose in the playoffs, Goff's gonna say that the Falcons should trade for Time Tebow cuz 20 plays per game of wild cat will be what they need to win the Super Bowl.

- Goff's gonna say that the Hawks should implore a "bleed the shot clock" style so they can get enough wins to get the 8th seed. He'll say making the playoffs will give them "momentum" for next season.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:54 am 
1000 CLUB

- Goff is gonna say that he loves the NCAA tourney and that nothing is greater than a bunch of white kids from a small school beating a top seed.

- Goff is gonna say there is too much dunking in the NBA. That they should raise the rims because of it. That he wants to see more mid range jumpers and crisp bounce passes like how the game was played in the 1950s

- Goff is gonna do a WNBA segment once a week.

- Goff is gonna say that winning minor league records means the Braves have a good farm system.

- Goff is gonna say Lance Armstrong cured a lot of people of cancer and that's what he should be remembered for.

- Goff is gonna say that Joe Paterno knew nothing.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:58 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
SpiralStairs wrote:
I haven't followed B&B from day one, but it seems like Dan's schtick is able to exist based on a number of things falling perfectly into place. Most notably, people's growing intolerance for Mike North's brand of talk radio.

That and a program director who gives no direction to the program other than "protect the White Sox." That the show goes entirely unchecked is responsible for its best and worst.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:59 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
I haven't followed B&B from day one, but it seems like Dan's schtick is able to exist based on a number of things falling perfectly into place. Most notably, people's growing intolerance for Mike North's brand of talk radio.

That and a program director who gives no direction to the program other than "protect the White Sox." That the show goes entirely unchecked is responsible for its best and worst.

I love it when you analyze.....STRETCH!

Chus wrote: