It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:28 pm 
1000 CLUB

This goes out to Bernstein, Boers and Drinky.

2 examples given today.

1. Ok. Some black actor called in to talk about racism. So what? These guys act like it's the most amazing thing ever. Now they make some bit out of it. Drinky is so proud of it. He thinks he did some hilarious thing by making a fake announcement that he will now be a regular guest.

2. This "Gas Money" thing that they are so amazed and amused with. They've been talking about it for months now. So what? Some stupid show has stupid people giving dumb anwers to trivia questions. They think it's the most hilarious thing ever. They talk about it constantly. Now the big thing is that they are gonna have their show do Gas Money with Comcast. Wow. :shock: That's so incredible. :roll:

I know their answer is "Fuck you, we do what we want. If you don't like it, kill yourself." I know. I understand that. That's not my point. I'm just amazed at how easily amused and amazed they are at simple, stupid happenings.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:34 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
You talking Fred "The Hammer"? NU Grad,KC Chiefs Cornerback and made a shitload of those black explooitation movies. He was very cool.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:47 pm 
1000 CLUB

I never heard of him. And if David Spada has his number and made him call B&B, how big time can he be for the love of god? Fine. He was big in the 70s I guess. But now he's just another Joe from Evanston. Big deal.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:50 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
BD,
Yeah,you might be right. I keep thinking people know who these guys are. 20 years from now,you might be telling some guy about the amazing career of Shaq and he will give you a look.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Letdown? Yeah.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
In re: Gas Money, the answer is closer to "Fuck you, we do what the sponsors tell us to do." Their level of interest in Wildcats football directly correlates with the number of NU ad buys made by CHICAGO'S BIG TEN TEAM. They love hearing about the mendacity of corporate shills like Lance Armstrong until someone compares him to Dan Hampton, in which case Whoa there, let's take a break and when we get back we'll talk Bears! Etc. Thank goodness Penn State never bought any ads. Justice never would have been served.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

jimmypasta wrote:
BD,
Yeah,you might be right. I keep thinking people know who these guys are. 20 years from now,you might be telling some guy about the amazing career of Shaq and he will give you a look.

I know of actors and athletes from the 50s and 60s. Obviously, everybody knows the history of famous people. I just never heard of him.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:16 pm 

They're fascinated by these things, but also they want to know when the Brandon Marshall story is going to stop being news.

(There's a simple answer: it'll stop being news when it stops being news, i.e. when it's no longer new to people. He doesn't have to be the News Police, people will get bored of it on their own without his help.)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:34 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Beardown wrote:
I never heard of him. And if David Spada has his number and made him call B&B, how big time can he be for the love of god? Fine. He was big in the 70s I guess. But now he's just another Joe from Evanston. Big deal.

BOSS genius IS ALWAYS A BIG DEAL. Please continue your agenda without tarnishing the Part Legend, Part Devil..... ALL MAN!!!! who brought black man's law to a white man's town. thank you.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:17 pm 
1000 CLUB

You know what's dumber than the "Gas Money" people? Drinky.

We all have to suffer through drinky's stuttering, slurring of words and bad grammar. Fine. I'm willing to do that. But at the end of it, I never know what the hell he's saying, nor do I understand the point of the topic. It's painful. It's dumb. It's bad.

The hell with Bernstein joining Comcast to do "Gas Money". He has that bit already. It's whenever drinky flips on his mic switch.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:45 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Dave In Champaign wrote:
Their level of interest in Wildcats football directly correlates with the number of NU ad buys made by CHICAGO'S BIG TEN TEAM.

They should figure out how to monetize stuff they already don't mind doing.

"Well, I have a story along those lines too, but first, let's just remind everyone that 'Times We Talked To Bill Musselman' is brought to you byyyyy Scott's Pet Shop in Westchester. For the best in exotic pets, it's Scott's Pet Shop. But really, you wouldn't expect it at some bar in Sioux Falls, but I probably learned more about basketball and really, life, in those 15 minutes than I have in entire calendar years."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
Curious Hair wrote:
Dave In Champaign wrote:
Their level of interest in Wildcats football directly correlates with the number of NU ad buys made by CHICAGO'S BIG TEN TEAM.

They should figure out how to monetize stuff they already don't mind doing.

"Well, I have a story along those lines too, but first, let's just remind everyone that 'Times We Talked To Bill Musselman' is brought to you byyyyy Scott's Pet Shop in Westchester. For the best in exotic pets, it's Scott's Pet Shop. But really, you wouldn't expect it at some bar in Sioux Falls, but I probably learned more about basketball and really, life, in those 15 minutes than I have in entire calendar years."

My Guillen, Presented by Townstone Financial

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:53 pm 

Beardown wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:
BD,

I know of actors and athletes from the 50s and 60s. Obviously, everybody knows the history of famous people. I just never heard of him.

Never see "From Dusk 'til Dawn?" Had a great cameo in that.

Gas Money is the 2012 version of Grandma radio. Few people find it entertaining; meaning just the producers who came up with the lame idea......

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:56 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Why y'all hatin' on Gas Money? "Sack machine" is the quote of the year.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou's
Once again Beardown has no idea what he is talking about. YOU SUCK BEARDOWN.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:09 am 

just think what this show could be with just the slightest bit of production

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:12 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
good dolphin wrote:

They need more than a bit of production.

I think BernSTINE is way too far gone to ever get back. Same thing with Boers, he has been a total show killer for a while now. His moments of competency and lucidity are growing more scant by the day.

Better production could probably hide a bit of that, but not enough to make the show listenable again.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:53 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
SomeGuy wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I think BernSTINE is way too far gone to ever get back. Same thing with Boers, he has been a total show killer for a while now. His moments of competency and lucidity are growing more scant by the day.

Better production could probably hide a bit of that, but not enough to make the show listenable again.

Which is why its more than a little ironic that he has the balls to criticize McCarver for being " way out there, totally gone, they need to do something about him".

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:57 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
badrogue17 wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Which is why its more than a little ironic that he has the balls to criticize McCarver for being " way out there, totally gone, they need to do something about him".

In a lot of ways Terry is similar to McCarver. I'm sure that isn't lost on bernstein, though he would never say it on air.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:59 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
badrogue17 wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

He would never say it directly but BernSTINE will certainly give him some shots on air and such that expose him a bit. You can definitely tell when Danny B. is out of patience with Boers hackery and inability to speak clearly and cogently. He will cut him off to take a caller or two when Terry is getting ready to ramble, he will change subjects forcefully...it's quite funny.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:31 pm 

who is boers and bernstein and why are they short on gas money

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:34 pm 
1000 CLUB

Yet another example today. Meatloaf sining "America the Beautiful". Was it bad? Sure. Was so amazingly bad that it's worth this amount of time, analysis and discussion? No. Drinky and whomever that other producer is are joining Terry and Dan with this jaw dropping reaction to this event.

These guys are like country bumkins staring at sky scrappers in the big city. This stuff isn't really as jaw-dropping as you guys make it out to be. You are all weirdos.