It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
SpiralStairs wrote:
Has Dan mentioned this http://deadspin.com/5955230/poll-lance-armstrong-more-popular-than-obama-among-americas-youth yet? There's at least a couple of segments worth of stuff in there.

Makes sense. I like Lance Armstrong more than Barack Obama.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:11 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
So they conveniently lead the show off with an email from someone who wants to know how many times writers in Chicago are going to write the same Brandon Marshall column. This is the same non-story Dan was trying to make a story yesterday and now they can talk about it again today because Dan wants to...um, I mean, an emailer brought it up.

Is Fred Williamson on today?

Aren't these the same two who have the "sources" and "peeps" who told them a given athlete was going to run off the rails before he actually ran off the rails? Aren't these the same two who went "meh" with their transition partners when they had an interview with Marshall? How is it they can know so much before it happens and simultaneously be so bored or disinterested as it happens, and yet want to make the story being that everyone else can't stop talking about the story?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
No Clever Moniker wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
So they conveniently lead the show off with an email from someone who wants to know how many times writers in Chicago are going to write the same Brandon Marshall column. This is the same non-story Dan was trying to make a story yesterday and now they can talk about it again today because Dan wants to...um, I mean, an emailer brought it up.

Is Fred Williamson on today?

Aren't these the same two who have the "sources" and "peeps" who told them a given athlete was going to run off the rails before he actually ran off the rails? Aren't these the same two who went "meh" with their transition partners when they had an interview with Marshall? How is it they can know so much before it happens and simultaneously be so bored or disinterested as it happens, and yet want to make the story being that everyone else can't stop talking about the story?

They're also the same two who were HORRIFIED that Pat Summitt planned to continue coaching after being diagnosed with early-onset dementia.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
The process was flawed...

This Doug Gottlieb guy...man, he's not very good.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:24 pm 

pizza_Place: ------
Dave In Champaign wrote:
They're also the same two who were HORRIFIED that Pat Summitt planned to continue coaching after being diagnosed with early-onset dementia.

:lol: :lol: Srsly? If anybody should be understanding of early onset dementia its T-Boreizzle

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
Most folks here don't really find me all that funny or clever.

That's not untrue.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:27 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Dave In Champaign wrote:

Perhaps that helps explain why she continued to willfully coach a women's college basketball team.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
The process was flawed...

This Doug Gottlieb guy...man, he's not very good.

OKC, there's more where that came from. 3 more of these Gottlieb "CBS Sports Minutes" on this show followed by 1 more from Tom Tolbert at the start of Laurence's nighttime SCORE around 6:15P-ish.

Plus, Gottlieb has a brand new TV show that debuted this week on CBS Sports Network, DIRECTV 613, called "Lead Off"...It debuted latenights @ 11P. Two words...Keep it. OOPS! Wrong show...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Curious Hair, what is up with the new avatar? I have been trying to figure out it's significance all day and it is driving me nuts. YAR!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:36 pm 

spmack wrote:

That's not untrue.

:)

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Blah, an hour of amateur psychology from Bernstein, Boers and dick-spinning e-mailers has been brutal. More Matty sports minutes!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Kirkwood wrote:
Blah, an hour of amateur psychology from Bernstein, Boers and dick-spinning e-mailers has been brutal. More Matty sports minutes!

I'm all for it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:40 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Curious Hair, what is up with the new avatar? I have been trying to figure out it's significance all day and it is driving me nuts. YAR!

SHARK wrote:
If I'm not mistaken I believe that's the late great Eddie Fisher's daughter Carrie, disguised as a bounty hunter in the third installment of George Lucas' legendary space saga, "Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi", in order to infiltrate Jabba the Hutt's palace on Tatooine and releases the "Harrison-Ford-Looking" Han Solo from a block of carbonite.

Last edited by SpiralStairs on Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:41 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
spmack wrote:

That's not untrue.

If the only thing he ever did was create Devin, that would be enough to make the CSFMB Hall of Fame.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:42 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

SHARK wrote:
If I'm not mistaken I believe that's the late great Eddie Fisher's daughter Carrie, disguised as a bounty hunter in the third installment of George Lucas' legendary space saga, "Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi", in order to infiltrate Jabba the Hutt's palace on Tatooine and releases the "Harrison-Ford-Looking" Han Solo from a block of carbonite.

:twisted: I know who it is, I want to know why it is in front of the IL 83 sign :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:44 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

SHARK wrote:

:twisted: I know who it is, I want to know why it is in front of the IL 83 sign :lol:

SHARK wrote:
Illinois Route 83 is a major north–south state road in northeast Illinois. It stretches from U.S. Highway 30 (Lincoln Highway) by Lynwood and Dyer, Indiana north to the Wisconsin border by Antioch at Highway 83. Incidentally, this alignment is concentric with Interstate 294 (Tri-State Tollway). This is a distance of about 92.22 miles (148.41 km).Illinois 83 passes through Cook County, DuPage County, and Lake County. It begins as part of Glenwood-Dyer Road in Lynwood, and then follows Torrence Avenue though Lansing, 147th Street/Sibley Blvd though Calumet City, Dolton, Harvey, Dixmoor, then north on Cicero, and then northwest on Cal Sag Road through Cook County. It then becomes known as the Kingery Highway through DuPage County, and then follows Busse Road, Oakton Street and Elmhurst Road in northern Cook County. In Lake County it is named McHenry Road in Buffalo Grove, Ivanhoe Road north of Mundelein, Barron Blvd. in Grayslake and Milwaukee Avenue in Lake Villa. Illinois 83 ranges from a width of two thru lanes at either terminus to six lanes through DuPage County. It is the main north–south arterial route falling between Interstates 355 and 294 for the central portion of its routing.

SBI Route 83 was modern Illinois Route 17 from New Boston to Galva. In 1941 it was changed to the Lynwood-to-Antioch routing, replacing Illinois Route 52 and Illinois Route 54. In 1998, Illinois 83 was routed slightly north onto 127th Avenue, from Cal Sag Road.[1] The renumbering was part of a major reconstruction project of the Illinois Route 50 intersection with Interstate 294 (Tri-State Tollway).

As part of sign replacement accompanying the renumbering, Illinois 83 was added to the northbound Illinois 50 exit from southbound I-294, as the new northbound Illinois 50 ramp leads directly to Illinois 83 first. However, Illinois 83 overlaps Illinois 50 southbound at the center of the interchange, so southbound Illinois 50 traffic also joins Illinois 83 at the end of the ramp. This is not reflected in the current signage on the tollway.

A $13.4 million construction project is currently underway in northern Lake county to improve a 4-mile section of Illinois 83 from Petite Lake Road to the Wisconsin state line. Improvements include adding a center turn lane and intersection modernizations at Grass Lake Road, Illinois Route 173, and North Avenue. Completion is scheduled for Fall 2010

Chus wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:49 pm 

I don't understand what Bernstein is talking about. Can someone clarify?

Is he mad that people care that Brandon Marshall has yet to beat a woman while being on the Bears or is he mad that people would care if Brandon Marshall did beat a woman while being on the Bears?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:50 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Is he mad that people care that Brandon Marshall has yet to beat a woman while being on the Bears or is he mad that people would care if Brandon Marshall did beat a woman while being on the Bears?

He's mad because all Brandon Marshall needs to do is "not beat anyone and catch the ball"

Chus wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:51 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

He's mad that a feel-good story is happening.

Seriously, their Marshall stuff from this past hour is pretty off-putting. They just come off as miserable, attention-seeking assholes.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:52 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Seriously, their Marshall stuff from this past hour is pretty off-putting. They just come off as miserable, attention-seeking assholes.
Is it a feel good story in Chicago that Brandon Marshall has gone multiple months without beating a woman?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:53 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Is it a feel good story in Chicago that Brandon Marshall has gone multiple months without beating a woman?

I'm sure it feels good for his wife? Amirite?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
I wonder if when Bernsie complains about something nonsensical like this if he's doing it just to see who at the station and which listeners will agree with him. Something like: "Who is such an ass-kisser that they'll still agree with me even if I say something completely ridiculous?"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:56 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

No. It's a feel good story because he's an interesting guy who has undergone a lot of life changes in the past 18 months and he's one of the few athletes who is very open about a mental disorder that he is dealing with. He's one of the more honest guys in pretty much any sport right now, and been a really interesting interview every time I've seen him do one.

Are you seconding Bernstein's idea that his off field persona isnt the least bit interesting and his only job in life is to catch touchdowns and not beat women?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:58 pm 

It's a very uninteresting topic no matter the side of the fence on which you stand.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
FavreFan wrote:
No. It's a feel good story

I think this pretty much sums up the reason of his dislike. Multiple outlets with the feel good story. Must discredit.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:59 pm 

It's a very uninteresting topic no matter the side of the fence on which you stand.

I guess the same could be said about literally everything. I thought his interview was one of the more interesting 20 minutes on the radio in the past week or two, even though the bar is set pretty damn low right now.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:01 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Are you seconding Bernstein's idea that his off field persona isnt the least bit interesting and his only job in life is to catch touchdowns and not beat women?
I don't have an opinion on whether his off the field persona is interesting. I just don't think it's a story that so far he's failed to beat a woman.

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
I don't have an opinion on whether his off the field persona is interesting. I just don't think it's a story that so far he's failed to beat a woman.

I agree. That's not what the story is at all though.

Edit: But... that is what Bernstein is trying to spin the story as.

To rock my soul

Last edited by FavreFan on Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I think he's arguing that it should be a feel-nothing story. Marshall is a BIG. STRONG. STUD. who plays in the NATIONAL DAMNED FOOTBALL LEAGUE, so any complaints about his major psychiatric disorder or his habitual abuse of women or the time he got Darrent Williams killed are not only irrelevant, but constitute racial dog-whistling, which is totally different than the murky cloud of racially coded homoeroticism that surrounds their discussion of every football player who fails the paper-bag test.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:02 pm 

I dont think there is a woman in Chicago who he couldnt beat on a 9 route.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next