It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Drinky's new bit
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:43 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
sinicalypse wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
Mattys B&B Score minute was one of the funniest things I have ever heard on the Score. Nice work Matty.

DISCLAIMER: none of the proceeding is personal, cuz i don't know you beyond all of the talking points and stereo/typical bullshit you spew.... BUT.....

i fucking HATE your posts. whenever i scroll down a thread and see the smug prick grin of HARBAW rising up i always groan and think "awwww fuck" cuz i know exactly what's going to be in your post relative to any given topic. they're so goddamn cookie cutter stereotype off of an assembly line for.... idk how i'd best encapsulate this... again, stereotype? a typical upper/middle-class right-wing worshipper of the rich? a meat-n-potatoes GOOD OL GOD-FEARING AMERICAN? whatever....

your whole schtick is DA FIRE AND DA PASHIN OF DA COACH/HARBAUGH and upper-middle-class wealthy-worship via righty politics and the mentality of "i've got enough money for myself, i earned it, just like my guy romney who (insert news story here) is winning because (partisian talking points) and therefore everyone should be like me and fuck all of those welfare shines looking for a handout.... i say, I WANT CHICAGO POLICE ON EVERY CORNER 24/7/365 to keep them in order because those animals need to be policed, give em a little discipline like i've got plenty of.... and thank god they'd never come out by my chautau in lake county (or somewhere appx 1hr away from the city)... it's just.... arrrlgdkjflasdkjfasd.

given the topic of the thread i'm reading.... i know exactly what you're gonna say before you say it... and it's no doubt a character weakness of mine that i let it piss me off 99% of the time.... and i'm OK saying all of this cuz i'm sure the reciprocal is true and you've already stereotyped me as some sort of a bum; c'est la vie.

i wouldn't be surprised if you're elmhurst steve's unbranded account. i take respite in the fact that if you ever got to meet any of your big money / little government heroes they'd completely placate you to your face and then laugh at you behind your back; cuz while you look to them as examples of how to live a "virtuous" life.... no matter how much those sociopaths seemed to like you, they'd take even more pleasure in knowing they have the power to eventually fire your ass and ship your job out to china or some third world country if for no reason other than it'd allow them to get a yacht that's 25ft longer off of the profits made by outsourcing your life.

that and HARBAW is never gonna win in SF with alex smith and this shit offense.... hopefully the status quo is preserved cuz man, even just seeing that stupid fucking avatar is enough to make me say fuck the 49ers as long as HARBAW is in charge.

</twominuteshate>

"this is business it ain't personal" - r kelly: legendary defecator upon the young.

and on THAT note, i'm never going to broach this subject again. i just had to say this once, getting it off of my chest. i prolly won't ever check back for a reply cuz there's nothing to be gained by doing that... i just had to be on record once.

again, i don't know you, sir, and i think you're prolly a good standup guy on an individual level.... i just hate what you stand for on here.... all of the cookie-cutter shit that you espouse in the name of..... the conservative cause. you have what you want in life, therefore it's all CONSERVE CONSERVE CONSERVE and put cops on every fucking street corner so "they" can get locked up b4 they have a chance to spend their welfare/drug money on lockpicks and other thief tools to come and rob you and rape your wife.... cuz we're not in this together, that is, unless a benevolent rich person wants to help out at which point PRAISE THIS MAN AND GET HIM IN THE WHITE HOUSE!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think you need help.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:53 am 

sinicalypse wrote:
at this point the b&b sports minutes are suffering from saturday night live sketch syndrome... it's the same joke over and over being hammered into our faces with increasing levels of absurdity.

it's called "clotheslining" and it's hampered sketch comedy for years, almost exclusively by SNL. they get one idea and they run it into the ground until it comes out in china.

drinky just doesn't have the capacity to truly understand satire, and so it just gets redundant. like everything else on the b&b show, it's not absurd enough to be abstract satire, and it's not self aware enough to be social satire either. it just hangs there.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:02 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
sinicalypse wrote:
matt's "OMFG I'M GOING TO READ THIS BAD AND GO OVER THE ALLOTTED TIME" thing is losing steam rapidly.

stole my bit, 9/6:

Curious Hair wrote:
I'm Terry Boers and this is a CBS Sports Minute. Look, I, uh, if you, well, uh I mean in point of fact, uh, I, ah, I mean, it's really just a matter of, um, ah, er, uh uh uh uh uh, when you really get down to it, I, sigh, I mean, look, it's just that with, um, ah, uh, you have to--

CBS Sports-Ra-Di-O!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:34 pm 

Great concept, really enjoy them - what I don't enjoy is the over the top, self-congratulatory, ball washing recap of said Minutes. Enough. We get it. Matt, you can really hear how genuine of a guffaw you're getting from Dan....and that tickles you. Dan, these Minutes might be on the most brilliant things you've encountered since, well since you last shuffled through Sara Ganim's old drawers. As your dearly departed former producer Goff would say: KEEP IT. Keep your fawning over eachother. We don't need you guys recapping the brilliance of the bit so we know it's ok to laugh...nay, that it's mandatory we laugh....cause, well, y'know, if you're not laughing then you're clearly not operating on the same upper level of comedy appreciation that you guys are.

They would actually be "more brilliant" if you guys didn't verbally masturbate each other every break after the latest Minute is played.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:03 pm 
1000 CLUB

I guess we get another round today.

Drinky is like a puppy begging for B&B to pet him. Cuz yesterday he said "Guess what happens tomorrow, boys? My B&B minute. Woooooooo hoooooooooooo!!!!"

It's one thing for B&B to give drinky disingenous praise on this bit. It's another thing for drinky to praise himelf. Pretty pathetic.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:17 pm 
1000 CLUB

To Drinky:

You need a come to Jesus moment on your bit. B&B won't tell you the truth. Boers doesn't have the heart. Bernstein compliments you because he enjoys watching you make a fool of yourself. That's the truth. It's bad and getting worse. Ya gotta stop it. Some people might have liked the first few, but like many things on the B&B show, you've run it into the ground. Like Doc said, it's no longer a parody of the actual CBS minute. It's just you saying stupid stuff and thinking you're funny. Nobody gets the "genius Voice" either. That doesn't make sense for this type of bit.

You know what you've become?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:46 pm 
1000 CLUB

Seriously, somebody over there has to give drinky the old vaudeville hook. Won't happen. They're all scared. Cuz if Bernstein pretends to love it, they all have to say they love it.

For drinky's own good, somebody has to do it to save him from himself.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
I'm really surprised that Mitch allows Matty to do this bit. Then again, he doesn't have the balls to "manage" Bernsie. Sooner or later Mitch will get a call from CBS corporate & the shit will hit the fan.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:10 pm 
1000 CLUB

Mitch is scared to death of Bernstein. He knows if he challenges Bernstein on anything, Bernstein will have an answer that will make Mitch feel small and stupid. He doesn't want to deal with that. I've heard Mitch on the Score from time to time. He's kind of a dumb ass meatball.

Mitch's main goal, as I've said before, is to avoid conflict and confrontation. He's a weak, paranoid, scared boss. As long as the Score makes money for his bosses, he's happy. All Mitch wants to do is keep his job. He has no interest in making the station better if it means confronting his front liners. Mac has Mitch in his pocket as well.

I know drinky's intent is to mock the CBS minute people. But all he's done is make himself look like an idiot with this effort. So in a weird way, drinky has made the CBS minute people look great compared to what he's doing. In other words, the CBS minute people win. Not drinky. Why? Cuz your not aware that he's mocking the CBS minute people. The genius voice and the hack content takes you away from that. Your focus then turns to how bad drinky is at comedy. How he doesn't understand satire or parody. I might have to make a "CSFMB Minute" to mock drinky's mocking of "The CBS minute".

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:13 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Mitch and Dan both seem too devoted to their respective self-preservation for one to do anything to the other. It would be like that SNL sketch where Conan O'Brien is the boxer who just stands there in an exaggerated stance the whole time.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:27 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
I continue to laugh out-loud at Drink's sports minutes. It will run its course and get old but right now it is gold, pure gold!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:52 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Harry Seaward wrote:
Great concept, really enjoy them - what I don't enjoy is the over the top, self-congratulatory, ball washing recap of said Minutes. Enough. We get it. Matt, you can really hear how genuine of a guffaw you're getting from Dan....and that tickles you. Dan, these Minutes might be on the most brilliant things you've encountered since, well since you last shuffled through Sara Ganim's old drawers. As your dearly departed former producer Goff would say: KEEP IT. Keep your fawning over eachother. We don't need you guys recapping the brilliance of the bit so we know it's ok to laugh...nay, that it's mandatory we laugh....cause, well, y'know, if you're not laughing then you're clearly not operating on the same upper level of comedy appreciation that you guys are.

They would actually be "more brilliant" if you guys didn't verbally masturbate each other every break after the latest Minute is played.

They criticize the disingenuous guffawing and blackslapping done on the set of The NFL on FOX but that's what they're doing here.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:56 am 
1000 CLUB

I'm trying to help drinky. Boers and Bernstein are doing him wrong by encouraging and complimenting him. They know it's bad. Drinky isn't smart enough to realize that he's bad. He's like the drunk best man that takes the mic at a wedding reception, thinks he's funny and the next thing you know he's talking about how he once banged the bride. :shock: The friends of the best man have an obligation to pull the mic away from him before he gets to that point. You can consider me the friend that's trying to pull drinky's mic away.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:47 am 

Matt will continue to do these so long as Dan blesses his efforts. They fucking suck. A great concept that has taken the gas pipe in two weeks.

Dan should be writing these minutes and performing them. He has no balls to stand up to the corporate tit. A complete company man. He even came to Gottlieb's defense when TB was criticizing Gottlieb's minutes; saying how he understands how difficult it would be to come up with five opinions each day.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:44 pm 

Yes the nerdy "jockularity" of Terry and (mostly) Dan "losing it" as Matt wraps up his latest Minute is laughable, especially when you consider their hatred for all of the NFL pre-game network show, good point Tad. But then again, Dan is the same guy who has incredible passion for a charity that, itself, says that their beneficiaries can INSPIRE everyone.......but decides to spend an entire show ripping people who choose to take some sort of inspiration from a sick NFL coach.

Only heard one of the latest ones this part Friday, and it was the horrid one about Obama's favorite food becoming highly in demand now. that, he. is. President. Again. Dumb on every level, drinky, sorry. Not ironically funny, not subtly funny, not directly funny, just a waste of a minute...a biggest waste than any actual corporate nipple minute. So congrats on that. Though I'm sure that the suckitude of this one will be held up as WHY it's great, it was stupid......perhaps they figure they're covered because either they're really funny or really dumb...and that's a win-win, but no. Bad is bad, no matter how you try to position it.