It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Mac made a negative comment towards people who treat sports radio like a soap opera, which could only refer to people here on the board. Given the persistence and volume of his gossip, are there any doubts Beardown treats this like a soap opera more than anyone else on here and is he a sloppy vagina?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
Well put, for a :drunken: post.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
Mac made a negative comment towards people who treat sports radio like a soap opera, which could only refer to people here on the board. Given the persistence and volume of his gossip, are there any doubts Beardown treats this like a soap opera more than anyone else on here and is he a sloppy vagina?

No.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Didn't hear it, but it is a little soapish from time to time.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:44 am 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
I disagree. What Beardown does is cobble together disparate facts and instances, filling out the storyline and establishing connections to make a larger point about the overall theme that, as many others have said, more often than not contains a kernal of truth. Beardown's idiom is more Hunter S. Thompson than Young and the Restless. It's Gonzo Media Criticism.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:50 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Beardown is an American hero who only reports based on the direction of the people. He does not make news; he tells it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:52 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
then just talk sports...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:18 am 
1000 CLUB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gS20_JesSq4

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:23 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Keeping Score wrote:
Telegram Sam wrote:
I disagree. What Beardown does is cobble together disparate facts and instances, filling out the storyline and establishing connections to make a larger point about the overall theme that, as many others have said, more often than not contains a kernal of truth. Beardown's idiom is more Hunter S. Thompson than Young and the Restless. It's Gonzo Media Criticism.

Definitely forgot to log in as rpb for that one.

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:06 pm 

Telegram Sam wrote:

You're 100% correct. He doesn't actively listen to the shows (read boards then podcasts), has never met any of the principals or attended a remote, injects race at an extremely ignorant level, and posts like a WWE heel along a secondary story line.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
Sam's right. That so many radio personalities are willing to repeatedly engage Beardown lends a lot of validity to the kernel-of-truth theory.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
No Clever Moniker wrote:
Telegram Sam wrote:

You're 100% correct. He doesn't actively listen to the shows (read boards then podcasts), has never met any of the principals or attended a remote, injects race at an extremely ignorant level, and posts like a WWE heel along a secondary story line.

So does the B & B show, though a decent portion of that just took a job in Atlanta

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:47 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
badrogue17 wrote:
No Clever Moniker wrote:
Telegram Sam wrote:

So does the B & B show, though a decent portion of that just took a job in Atlanta

I hate white radio!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:51 pm 

Beardown sucks!

Let's keep posting about Beardown!

:lol: :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Keeping Score wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
Beardown sucks!

B&B sucks!

Let's keep posting about B&B!

Didnt see that one coming....

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:09 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
Beardown sucks!

B&B sucks!

Let's keep posting about B&B!

There is a very huge but also very simple difference.

I wouldn't expect you to understand it on the first try. Maybe if you have a few days to think about it you just...might....get it.

Probably not.

Oh well.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

1. Goff was relentless with his "Da Ma Na" campaign. A lot of times it was weird, stupid, mean and personal towords Mac.

2. It started to get on Mac's nerves. Mac first mentioned it on this very board.

3. Mac confronted Goff about one of Goff's mean "Da Ma Na" comments on the air. Goff weezled out and made it about me. Never denied saying it. Cuz he did say it.

4. Mac has a meeting with Mitch. Result: Goff no longer hosts on the Danny Mac show, Finfer is the full time sub.

5. Goff continues his "Da Ma Na" insults on the B&B show. Goff starts to make snide comments about no longer being allowed on Mac's show.

6. Goff eventually leaves for Atlanta.

I didn't make up any of this stuff. It all happened. I didn't turn the Score into a soap opera. They turn themselves into a soap opera. Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days at the Score.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:30 pm 

What is in it for you Beardown? I find you relatively harmless and enjoy giving you shit, but at the same time you do make this into As The Score Turns. For example, the stuff about Abbatacola's kid? I mean, there is no doubt that your dripping vaginal fluid.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:50 pm 

Yes, Beardown is undoubtedly a bored shut-in. The volume of tin-foil-on-the-head posts, threads and diatribes is alarming. I, for one, have always found the self-deprecating part of his act VERY sad. People tell him that he lives in his mom's basement: he goes one further talking about how the water heater keeps him up at night and she makes him sit at the table until his plate is empty. Someone calls him vaginal discharge: he goes on to explain that at least he usually only brings with him a low-flow on a monthly basis. Donchya see? You can't beat him up because he's already done so! Wait, he's probably not seen a woman nude, in person (without paying for it), ever: he'll explain that he once quietly giggled at a joke the teller at the bank told him as he was doing his weekly withdrawal of $250 in singles for Heavenly Bodies.

Why anyone from the station would choose to engage him, and sometimes ONLY him, I have no clue. While I'm certain that some of his sifting through throwaway comments and depressing inside baseball jabs is dead on, the fact is that the overwhelming majority of the audience doesn't care........so it's about as embarassing to guys like drinky, McNeil and whomever else choose to reply to his psychotic posting as it that anyone stops in here to directly mock him. I know, I know, I just posted in this thread.........but dear Lord do I hope that the members of this board, along with the "talent" from the station, choose to ignore his trollish and scary behavior. Or continue to engage it....Lord knows the soap opera universe is shrinking every year...."broads" and those here that cozy up to their laptops with a barrel of popcorn apparently NEED his type of psychotic drama.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:52 pm 

To his credit, a sloppy vagina is still a vagina.

Wait....................no, that's what I meant.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:57 pm 

Harry Seaward wrote:
Why anyone from the station would choose to engage him, and sometimes ONLY him, I have no clue.

See that's it though. They engage, it's as if they are justifing themselves. There has to be some truth there or he just gets under their skin. I think drinky would try to pummel him if they ever met.

Beardown had good thoughts when he started here, now it's a lot of a character, but that's not much different from B&B.

I love Beardown.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:58 pm 

Harry Seaward wrote:
Yes, Beardown is undoubtedly a bored shut-in. The volume of tin-foil-on-the-head posts, threads and diatribes is alarming. I, for one, have always found the self-deprecating part of his act VERY sad. People tell him that he lives in his mom's basement: he goes one further talking about how the water heater keeps him up at night and she makes him sit at the table until his plate is empty. Someone calls him vaginal discharge: he goes on to explain that at least he usually only brings with him a low-flow on a monthly basis. Donchya see? You can't beat him up because he's already done so! Wait, he's probably not seen a woman nude, in person (without paying for it), ever: he'll explain that he once quietly giggled at a joke the teller at the bank told him as he was doing his weekly withdrawal of $250 in singles for Heavenly Bodies.

Why anyone from the station would choose to engage him, and sometimes ONLY him, I have no clue. While I'm certain that some of his sifting through throwaway comments and depressing inside baseball jabs is dead on, the fact is that the overwhelming majority of the audience doesn't care........so it's about as embarassing to guys like drinky, McNeil and whomever else choose to reply to his psychotic posting as it that anyone stops in here to directly mock him. I know, I know, I just posted in this thread.........but dear Lord do I hope that the members of this board, along with the "talent" from the station, choose to ignore his trollish and scary behavior. Or continue to engage it....Lord knows the soap opera universe is shrinking every year...."broads" and those here that cozy up to their laptops with a barrel of popcorn apparently NEED his type of psychotic drama.

He is much better at trolling than most anyone else on this board and, actually, I have fun engaging him. I do pity his potential mental issues, but what can you do.

As The Vagina Drips

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
Keeping Score wrote:
Beardown Is a Sloppy Vagina

Spaulding wrote:
I love Beardown.

Um.......

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:27 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
Beardown Is a Sloppy Vagina

Spaulding wrote:
I love Beardown.

Um.......

Having met her, I can assume she would be looking for neatly kept kitty vs. unclean drapes.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:31 pm 

Not really sure the transitive property applies here. If it does sloppy vagina should be change to big penis.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:34 pm 

You seen one big penis, you seen them all. The vaginal area is exotic and mystic.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:35 pm 

So you feel Beardown is exotic and mystic?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:43 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
So you feel Beardown is exotic and mystic?

Wait... shit. I guess that means Beardown is not a sloppy vagina.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:10 pm 
1000 CLUB

:lol: :lol:

All this thread did was prove that I'm the only sane one on this message board.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:10 pm 
1000 CLUB

What is in it for you Beardown?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBmAPYkPeYU