It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Kirkwood wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
And when Teemu Selanne unleashes a wicked wrister pinging the top right corner over and over and over it's because its not his damn job.

Or when Rodgers feathers a 50 yard pass into a garbage can over and over and over it's not because its not his damn job.

Today's show has been outstanding. :lol:

I was on the phone. Wha happen?

He pleaded with the audience to watch a damn pre-game warmup to understand how great basketball players are. His bogus quote was something like, "Just watch a basketball player practice turnaround jump shots at the elbow. He'll practice the same shot over and over and over. And he'll make the shot 9 times out of 10. You know why he practices the same shot over and over and over? Because it's his damn job. And then he'll go into the locker room to have a cup of coffee and open his mail."

It was awesome.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Well shit I guess that seals it then. it's because they practice doing the same thing over and over until they get good at it. Earth shattering . I never see them do that because I'm not watching the ball when I watch a game. Thought I was being a smart fan.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:35 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
"My sport is sportier than your sport" is one of the most ridiculous go-nowhere arguments someone can possibly make, and would be befitting of the Oklahoma City/Jacksonville/Kansas City hack radio Dan loves to rip into, except even Bulldog and The Sports Pig or whatever probably don't self-indulgently broadcast their petty insecurities about liking fucking sports as if being an NBA fan is some perpetual victimhood and fatalist culture war, but hey,

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:38 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
He pleaded with the audience to watch a damn pre-game warmup to understand how great basketball players are. His bogus quote was something like, "Just watch a basketball player practice turnaround jump shots at the elbow. He'll practice the same shot over and over and over. And he'll make the shot 9 times out of 10. You know why he practices the same shot over and over and over? Because it's his damn job. And then he'll go into the locker room to have a cup of coffee and open his mail."

It was awesome.

OH GOD HE'S STILL DOING THE BIT ABOUT COFFEE IN THE "OFFICE"? jesus christ he's been doing that for years.

BREAKING FUCKING NEWS: athletes practice!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:54 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Curious Hair wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

It was awesome.

OH GOD HE'S STILL DOING THE BIT ABOUT COFFEE IN THE "OFFICE"? jesus christ he's been doing that for years.

BREAKING FUCKING NEWS: athletes practice!

Maybe he's just running out of shit to talk about? I mean LeBron won his ring so he doesn't need to defend him as much any more, Derrick Rose is gone until at least March (but that doesn't matter anyways, the Bulls are not winning a championship because they don't have LeBron on their team), Jay Cutler v. The Narrative is only good for a couple of segments per week, and the baseball team on the south side that couldn't spend any money because of all the frightened-white-suburban-racists just extended one of their pitchers to the tune of $29 million.

He's got 5 hours of show to fill and not a whole hell of a lot to talk about. I almost pity him, but then I realize I'm broke and that feeling disappears just as quickly as it arrived.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:16 pm 

Yeah, it's pretty lean out there, but the idea that repetitive practice is unique to basketball is just so stultifying dumb that I don't even know where to begin to begin to begin. Dan is a smart and talented guy; he's gotta be able to do better than the intellectual bankruptcy of eugenics and glaring logical fallacies.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
Curious Hair wrote:
Dan is a smart and talented guy; he's gotta be able to do better than the intellectual bankruptcy of eugenics and glaring logical fallacies.

One would think so. And yet here we are.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
WSCR should just replace Bernstein's pic on their site with this Image and get it over with. That's essentially what he's devolved to at this point.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:56 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:

POTY

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
:lol:

But POTY race is over.

Leery Bingo wins hands down.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:34 pm 

Maybe I'll at least be included in the tournament next year. :pumpkin:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:47 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Kirkwood wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
And when Teemu Selanne unleashes a wicked wrister pinging the top right corner over and over and over it's because its not his damn job.

Or when Rodgers feathers a 50 yard pass into a garbage can over and over and over it's not because its not his damn job.

Today's show has been outstanding. :lol:

I was on the phone. Wha happen?

It was awesome.

He seems really blown away by the fact that a big black stud can dunk a ball, hit a jumper and also drink coffee, open mail, and clip his own toenails. God knows what kind of man-crush he might have if he ever came on this board and witnessed first hand how articulate spmack is.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
He seems really blown away by the fact that a big black stud can dunk a ball, hit a jumper and also drink coffee, open mail, and clip his own toenails. God knows what kind of man-crush he might have if he ever came on this board and witnessed first hand how articulate spmack is.

Damn man. Why does that guy get all the praise?

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Posh flimshaw, hang your head high, friend.

I am your biggest fan, after all.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:57 pm 

SomeGuy wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

You are. And I'm very grateful for that.

But JORR has seen me in person. He should know better than to omit me from that kind of conversation.

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:03 pm 
Site Admin

SomeGuy wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

You are. And I'm very grateful for that.

But JORR has seen me in person. He should know better than to omit me from that kind of conversation.

Hey, I always acknowledge you as the creator of the greatest mult in history. Conventional CSFMB wisdom seems to prefer Mangino, but Devin is my guy!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:28 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Keeping Score wrote:
FEAR THE BEARD!!

James Harden takes his Rockets on the road into Detroit and wins 105-96.

The Beard: 14-25, 12 assists, 6 rebounds, 4 steals, 1 block, 37 points

Now THAT'S Big Boy Basketball!!!

Harden is the goods, but slown down there KS. They beat the Pistons.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
Keeping Score wrote:
I love Mangino, but Kim Jung Il was the best.

In terms of impact, Revenge of Mao is legendary.

In the mult version of We Are the World that plays in my head (Go ahead, imagine it. I'll wait. It's way better than that.) Kim Jung Il always does the Ray Charles call-and-response part.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Keeping Score wrote:
That entire post was all about Harden and little to nothing to do with the Rockets. Maybe you oughta speed up a little.

Same thing happened with my Irving enthusiasm. Can't get on our level :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:01 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
I don't know why it's taken me this long to realize this (it might have something to do with the fact that I am a complete idiot) but for all of Dan's NBA bluster he only states the obvious (ie. LeBron James is the best basketball player, the Bulls can't win a championship as currently assembled) and adds no real insight to anything.

I'm not entirely sure why I am complaining about this because these positions are what make his show work: baiting people into calling/texting/emailing then thoroughly dismantling the biggest idiots on air with occasional goofiness thrown in for good measure. I don't think I could stomach 5 hours of in depth/ competent basketball analysis, I think I am far more comfortable bitching about Bernstein's hypocrisies everyday with you fine folks.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:17 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
WSCR should just replace Bernstein's pic on their site with this Image and get it over with. That's essentially what he's devolved to at this point.

Excellent.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:23 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Keeping Score wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Keeping Score wrote:
FEAR THE BEARD!!

James Harden takes his Rockets on the road into Detroit and wins 105-96.

The Beard: 14-25, 12 assists, 6 rebounds, 4 steals, 1 block, 37 points

Now THAT'S Big Boy Basketball!!!

Harden is the goods, but slown down there KS. They beat the Pistons.

That entire post was all about Harden and little to nothing to do with the Rockets. Maybe you oughta speed up a little.

Beating the current Piston squad isn't "big boy" basketball.

Try and keep up.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:45 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
:lol:

But POTY race is over.

Leery Bingo wins hands down.

You're right.

Queasy, I'm sorry, but I have to retract my earlier post. Leery Bingo wins POTY, POTD, POTC, and POTM. This was close though.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:10 pm 

Listening to the 2 and 3 hours I missed today. This caller is pretty well-reasoned, that you can't quantify which sport is more athletic than another and so it's really kind of a mug's game. "No it's not."

Look. at. their. BODIES. Remarkable physical specimens! Oh my God, Dan is Donald Sterling.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:15 pm 

I hate what you all have allowed BurnSTINE to turn you into.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:56 pm 

Hey, don't pin this Mike North act on me.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:29 am 
Site Admin

Curious Hair wrote:
Listening to the 2 and 3 hours I missed today. This caller is pretty well-reasoned, that you can't quantify which sport is more athletic than another and so it's really kind of a mug's game. "No it's not."

Look. at. their. BODIES. Remarkable physical specimens! Oh my God, Dan is Donald Sterling.

It's kind of silly when you're using such an opinion in an attempt to place one sport above another. I think soccer players are pretty widely considered the best athletes in the world. If we're talking about the American sports, I'd probably agree that top to bottom the players in the NBA are the most athletic. But that opens the conversation about what it means to be "athletic". Is it simply about obvious physical qualities? John Kruk could hit a 95 mph fastball and Michael Jordan could not. So who is the better athlete? What difference does it make anyway? If you're that lustful over half-clothed studs, why not just pick up a copy of Black Inches and jerk yourself off?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:54 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I think soccer players are pretty widely considered the best athletes in the world.

psh, not on this board. i tried making that argument years ago and boy was i utterly wrong!! i don't think anyone can argue against them being the most fit, though, at least.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:29 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
I hate what you all have allowed BurnSTINE to turn you into.

I see it and it makes me sad but also angry and restless.

I saw what the show was becoming and has now become.

I made the choice to walk away. A choice that I do not regret, it took courage and decisiveness to make but I did it. My wounds have healed, my psyche has been patched and my ears can once again hear the echos of humanity.

Peace be with you, brothers.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:06 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I did enjoy my box score searches this morning to see Hardin's line. WYC today?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:13 am 

Dave In Champaign wrote:
You're right.

Queasy, I'm sorry, but I have to retract my earlier post. Leery Bingo wins POTY, POTD, POTC, and POTM. This was close though.

I totally understand, but appreciate the acknowledgement. :)

Leery Bingo is impossible to top.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next