It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:19 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
He's not self-aware enough.

THAT. That is the biggest shame ever. The show could be 100x better if he were able to poke fun at himself every once in a while.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:54 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:

THAT. That is the biggest shame ever. The show could be 100x better if he were able to poke fun at himself every once in a while.

thin skinned people can't do that.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:31 pm 

W_Z wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

thin skinned people can't do that.

That is unfortunate, though Meat seems at least slightly capable of poking fun at himself.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:51 pm 

call in and make a joke about cover bands and see how much he laughs.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
SpiralStairs wrote:
That is unfortunate, though Meat seems at least slightly capable of poking fun at himself.

W_Z wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:20 pm 

W_Z wrote:

I know I am basing this on the slimmest of margins, but Meat made reference to his weight in a self deprecating way the other day. Bernstein on the other hand once spent an entire segment trying to deflect his co-workers incredulity about his ability to turn around on a 95 MPH batting cage fastball.

The fact that he couldn't see the sheer ass backwards ridiculousness of that assertion, and continually tied passing it off as no big deal crystalized any lingering doubts I might have had about Bernstein's regard for himself.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Bubb Rubbs
Watching the Paterno name get dragged through the muck never gets old for me.

Do you really want them to talk about this Bulls team? They have been picking at the bones of that last Bears victory for 4 days. There's nothing else going on, genius.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:49 pm 

Holy shit, Gary Schultz looks like a crazed nazi.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:10 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:36 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
I registered here just to say this: Dan pissed me off something fierce on Twitter last night. Did anyone else see that? He suggested that people should read the latest Penn State report instead of watching "bad NFL," then an hour later, he tweets about watching the NBA. Hypocrisy much? "Good NBA" somehow trumps "bad NFL" in the war of sports morality? Sheesh.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:50 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
For someone to hyper-focus on an issue like this there has to be more to it. I don't know if Dan was molested or what. But there is something deeper going on here and he needs to seek help and not use the air ways for his release.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:02 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
I know we've all been super-critical of the show lately, but I dunno, guys; the Penn State thing is absolutely fascinating to me. Massive systemic institutional failures generally are.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
Curious Hair wrote:
I know we've all been super-critical of the show lately, but I dunno, guys; the Penn State thing is absolutely fascinating to me. Massive systemic institutional failures generally are.

It becomes a lot less fascinating after Encyclopedia Brown's spent a year-plus using it as an occasion for sanctimony, self-aggrandizement, and the gleeful silencing of anyone with the bald-faced audacity to gently suggest that the flagship show of a Chicago sports radio station should...um...talk Chicago sports.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:01 pm 

Dave In Champaign wrote:
Encyclopedia Brown

teehee

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Bubb Rubbs
McDude wrote:
But there is something deeper going on here and he needs to seek help and not use the air ways for his release
You are missing the point.

The facts are:
-The entire hierarchy of Penn State knew Jerry Sandusky was raping boys for decades
-There are still Penn State mouth-breathers crying about how poor old Joe was fired
-Too many major news outlets aren't dissecting every excruciating, awful developement

As many people as possible need to know about what happened there. This story should never go away. Penn State should be forever shamed.

STOP CRYING ABOUT THIS. The Bulls are dead until Rose comes back, and you'll have all the Bears talk you can handle 5 days a week.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:55 am 

prickly pete wrote:
McDude wrote:
But there is something deeper going on here and he needs to seek help and not use the air ways for his release

The facts are:
-The entire hierarchy of Penn State knew Jerry Sandusky was raping boys for decades
-There are still Penn State mouth-breathers crying about how poor old Joe was fired
-Too many major news outlets aren't dissecting every excruciating, awful developement

As many people as possible need to know about what happened there. This story should never go away. Penn State should be forever shamed.

STOP CRYING ABOUT THIS. The Bulls are dead until Rose comes back, and you'll have all the Bears talk you can handle 5 days a week.

Dan, is that you? I can't tell if this guy is taking me for a ride or not with this post.

It's a sports talk show. Not a child rape show. He has Twitter, it is the most awesomest thing in the world for getting information to the masses. He can use that.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:19 am 

McDude wrote:
prickly pete wrote:
McDude wrote:

The facts are:

Dan, is that you? I can't tell if this guy is taking me for a ride or not with this post.

It's a sports talk show. Not a child rape show. He has Twitter, it is the most awesomest thing in the world for getting information to the masses. He can use that.

McDude is McRight.

Having an actual reporter/professional like Wetzel on was just fine. Talk to Wetzel, get the facts and an update....Boom.

But BernSTINE spent hours on it, repeating himself, squealing like a pig. Boasting about his blocking of multiple texters was really stupid as well.

Plenty of other things to talk about.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:29 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Anyone been to a remote lately? Does he just stay glued to a laptop for the twitter?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:34 am 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
Over/Under on when Bernsie goes full loco over this story & kills himself?

Bernsie wrote:
I can't live in a WORLD where PENNSYLVANIA exists!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Colonel Angus wrote:

SomeGuy would still complain.

SomeGuy will have wrote:
Oh, sure BernSTINE! Make it all about yourself. Now we're gonna get around the clock Dan BernSTINE funeral coverage on WSCR. HELLO?!? The Bears are still in first place last time I checked. Not only that, but now they've gotta find a new partner for Teery and it's probably gonna be Leery! Nice job, BernSTINE! I hope Paterno's kicking your ass in the afterlife right now!

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:31 pm 

Colonel Angus wrote:

SomeGuy will have wrote:
Oh, sure BernSTINE! Make it all about yourself. Now we're gonna get around the clock Dan BernSTINE funeral coverage on WSCR. HELLO?!? The Bears are still in first place last time I checked. Not only that, but now they've gotta find a new partner for Teery and it's probably gonna be Leery! Nice job, BernSTINE! I hope Paterno's kicking your ass in the afterlife right now!

I like you SomeGuy but you got to appreciate a parody sometimes. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:38 pm 

SomeGuy will have wrote:

This board just isn't advanced enough for the future perfect tense :(

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:47 pm 

Colonel Angus wrote:

SomeGuy will have wrote:

It would be better if that actually sounded like something I would post. You say I'm "Your Guy!" but after reading the above parody I have to stop and think if you're a dirty liar.

I appreciate the try, though.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
I'll get better.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
He got the gist of it, like when Chevy Chase played Gerald Ford.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:53 pm 

I'll get better.

That's the spirit.

It is now open season.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:48 pm 

Bernstein really stole Jim Rome's bit and started chubbing up over BLOCKing people's text messages? Ugh.

The Penn State stuff is just insane at this point - but obviously the only reason he continues is because HE. IS. BEING. PROVEN. RIGHT. You know, the truth teller, Bernstein. He's been doing important radio. FOR. MONTHS. NOW. As has been mentioned before, his "no one else outside of PA spends this much time on this story" certainly can point the logical brain to some sort of trigger for him, from the past. Terry simply falls in line, proudly proclaiming that he always hated Paterno and knew he was a bag way back when.

As far as his Twitter obsession, it was amusing listening back (after I, in real time, knew the NY Marathon had been cancelled) to him "break news" from his Twitter feed....only to be one-upped by the update jag (about it being cancelled) then going back to confirm what he had just been told (after searching on Twitter). Hilarious stuff. Hard hitting journalism, Danno. Oh, wait, Dan's not a journalist...damnit, he got us again!