It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:48 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
SHARK wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
So wait, Gerry DiNardo isn't like 400 pounds? All this time, I thought he was!

I never said that...

I didn't say you did. But I'd never seen a picture of the guy. I thought he was really fat because he breathes like a really fat guy.

So apparently Dan doesn't remember anything he talks about on a show after he goes home? So that's why he talked about White Sox attendance every day for four months! No short-term memory!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
Curious Hair wrote:
SHARK wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
SHARK wrote:
Back to Rovell...Feast your eyes on the following:

http://twitpic.com/b9q7tw

This is a house on Staten Island, NY 2.7 miles from marathon start...WOW!
I can't wait to see the house fully rebuilt on Sunday at about 2pm if the marathon is cancelled.

Rick, all I gotta say after seeing that photo is WOW!

Well that's because you aren't a dissembling contrarian dunce.

So much win.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:01 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
SHARK wrote:
Back to Rovell...Feast your eyes on the following:

http://twitpic.com/b9q7tw

This is a house on Staten Island, NY 2.7 miles from marathon start...WOW!

SHARK, do you think there is a baby in that house waiting for members of the U.S. Armed Forces to lift the roof off who will probably die prior to their arrival one hour too late?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:05 pm 

And has Darren Rovell divided the estimated cost of damage by the average ticket price of a Brooklyn Nets game, then multiplied that by the square root of Doug Gottlieb CBS Sports Minutes?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
Good lord. Marathoners saving the world one step at a time. :puker:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:17 pm 

Hey, i101 does all-'90s weekends now, I guess. So if you want to come rock out to Wreckx-n-Effect and Savage Garden, follow me to freedom

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:06 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
good dolphin wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
[Also, this is kind of the New York way of doing things. Something bad happens, move on with life.

Wha? The New York way of doing things is tell eveyone how much tougher they are than everyone else for surviving and how the bad thing that happened was epically worse than any bad thing that happened anywhere else...then continue to tell the story for the next decade.

As usual gd, you are on the $. I can't stand New Yorkers, and their we're better, bigger, tougher, smarter, resilient, et al. attitude!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:00 pm 

YA N DAT TIN-CRUST PIZZA SUX TOO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Curious Hair wrote:
SHARK wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
So wait, Gerry DiNardo isn't like 400 pounds? All this time, I thought he was!

I never said that...

I didn't say you did. But I'd never seen a picture of the guy. I thought he was really fat because he breathes like a really fat guy.

So apparently Dan doesn't remember anything he talks about on a show after he goes home? So that's why he talked about White Sox attendance every day for four months! No short-term memory!

It must be from all the hard core weed smoking that DJ Danny B was hittin' up at da' University. He was a bad, bad man with a dark, tough upbringing.

Lord knows how he made it this far!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:15 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
hey i heard the marathon is canceled!!!!!!!!

i'm chalking this one up to dan bernstein. not only has he put pedophiles in jail and broke the story of the sex scandal @ penn state, but now he's got the FOTS juice to get the marathon canceled/postponed. great job! important radio!

and on top of it all, matt abbatacola can jump in with stupid "b&b sports minutes" and be WORSHIPPED because he's making fun of something we don't like! nevermind that matt's stuff is average at best, just for doing it we're talking A+ OMFG WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

all in all, i'm glad that i got on my ass and DID SOMETHING today by listening to IMPORTANT RADIO from 1-6. flagship show!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:27 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I enjoyed the email from the Aurora disaster relief logistics company that thanked B&B for getting the marathon cancelled.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:01 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I enjoyed the email from the Aurora disaster relief logistics company that thanked B&B for getting the marathon cancelled.

Did Dan cry as he read it?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:21 pm 

Dave In Champaign wrote:

New York-Chicago pissing contests are a fool's errand and annoy the shit out of me, but for the record, anything I've had around here purporting to be "New York pizza" has been disgustingly saturated in grease.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:05 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
Dave In Champaign wrote:

New York-Chicago pissing contests are a fool's errand and annoy the shit out of me, but for the record, anything I've had around here purporting to be "New York pizza" has been disgustingly saturated in grease.

That makes sense, because anything purporting to be "New York pizza" around here is pretty much garbage on crust.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:07 am 

Garbage-On-Crust, incidentally, is the birthplace of William Shakespeare's little-known redneck half-brother, Tim Bob Shakespeare.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:53 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
Dave In Champaign wrote:

The funny thing about the New York-Chicago thing is that Chicago people come off as toothless hillbillies with an inferiority complex similar to the rubes from Indianapolis that say "Well, Chicago may have more stuff to do, but TRAFFIC SUCKS!". Both cities are great on their own, and the New Yorkers I talk to all talk very well about visits to Chicago.

I get if you lived in Scranton, PA and had a chip on your shoulder about New York, but not Chicago.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:32 am 

i've never bought into the NYC pizza hype. the best place to get pizza in this country is philadelphia.

and BR's completely right.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:36 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
The worst pizza I've ever had is in Cleveland. Had it on two separate trips. Awful both times.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:42 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Dave In Champaign wrote:

The funny thing about the New York-Chicago thing is that Chicago people come off as toothless hillbillies with an inferiority complex similar to the rubes from Indianapolis that say "Well, Chicago may have more stuff to do, but TRAFFIC SUCKS!". Both cities are great on their own, and the New Yorkers I talk to all talk very well about visits to Chicago.

I get if you lived in Scranton, PA and had a chip on your shoulder about New York, but not Chicago.

Yep. They coexist and both style of pizzas are good.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:58 am 

You really can't have deep-dish pizza more than once or twice a year, though, presuming you don't enjoy feeling like there's a cannonball in your gut. God bless Lou's thin crust.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:02 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
You really can't have deep-dish pizza more than once or twice a year
This will be used against you in your poster of the year campaign.

Terry's Peeps is smart enough to not say terrible things like that.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:05 pm 

I eat one deep-dish in a single sitting and then hibernate for the winter.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:08 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
I'm just kind of bitter about not being able to get anything like it out here. When I come home, I infuse my body with deep dish pizza and italian beef to the point where I shake a little for a few days afterwards when I don't get it. It's like people who live in Hawaii who look at the day and say "Eh, it's ok".

Then, I'm forced to eat my pizza folded up like a taco like an idiot.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:09 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
I'm just kind of bitter about not being able to get anything like it out here. When I come home, I infuse my body with deep dish pizza and italian beef to the point where I shake a little for a few days afterwards when I don't get it. It's like people who live in Hawaii who look at the day and say "Eh, it's ok".

Then, I'm forced to eat my pizza folded up like a taco like an idiot.

Except Lou Malnati's ships to New York, so you can eat it there.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:13 pm 

redskingreg wrote:
If I was to have anything shipped, it would be Portillo's, since italian beef literally doesn't exist here.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:16 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
redskingreg wrote:
If I was to have anything shipped, it would be Portillo's, since italian beef literally doesn't exist here.

I remember going to Philadelphia and, of course, having to try a Philly cheese steak. Went to one of those little joints recommended by a few locals. it was alright. Italian beef is much better. Then fast forward a couple years later. We're at Soldier Field for an Eagles/Bears game. I tell the cheese steak story to a guy next to me from Philly. he felt the opposite (PCS > IB). I asked him where he had his Italian beef? His response...Soldier Field.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:19 pm 

redskingreg wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
redskingreg wrote:

I remember going to Philadelphia and, of course, having to try a Philly cheese steak. Went to one of those little joints recommended by a few locals. it was alright. Italian beef is much better. Then fast forward a couple years later. We're at Soldier Field for an Eagles/Bears game. I tell the cheese steak story to a guy next to me from Philly. he felt the opposite (PCS > IB). I asked him where he had his Italian beef? His response...Soldier Field.
:lol:

I was desperate enough to eat one at Wrigley Field, but that is because I didn't know if I'd have any time to do it otherwise.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:57 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
You really can't have deep-dish pizza more than once or twice a year, though, presuming you don't enjoy feeling like there's a cannonball in your gut. God bless Lou's thin crust.

No, you can't have deep dish more than twice a year. I bet I eat it once a month.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5