It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:06 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Although the "Boers & Bernstein Show" originates this afternoon from Rokwelz Meets Grill at 159th & Wolf Rd. in Orland Park for the "Bud Light 'Who Needs Two?' Tavern Tour between 1:15P-ish & 6P, complete with Bulls' tickets in the Bud Light Legends Lounge at United Center for those in attendance, guess what Bernsy wanted us all to do last night on Twitter?

Instead of watching the first of three straight clunkers on NFL Network's "Thursday Night Football", or the Thunder/Spurs' game on the "NBA on TNT", Bernsy encouraged everyone to actually...wait for it...read the updated Penn State Jury Report in the wake of ex-PSU President Graham Spanier officially being charged with perjury in the Jerry Sandusky case. Yes, some 59 pages of powerful, yet disgusting descriptions that can be found on Bernsy's Twitter account @Dan_Bernstein, as well as linked at 670thescore.com.

I don't know if I could read it word by word. Hopefully, the guys will discuss things other than what we've known for a while. I know there's a Bears/Titans' game in Nashville Sunday, a myriad of college football matchups with the Ben Stein-looking Gerry DiNardo come 4P from BTN, and a Bulls/Cavaliers' game in Cleveland the guys can discuss instead of the latest goings on in (Un)Happy Valley, PA until Terry's "two favorite words in show business" takes over @ 6P.

If anyone's looking for laughs, Matt Abbatacola has 4 "Boers & Bernstein Sports Minutes" throughout today's live broadcast...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:10 am 

pizza_Place: ------
Dearly beloved, we have gathered here today.........To get through this thing called life...........Electric word life it means forever and that's a mighty long time..........But I'm here to tell you there's something else.........

The afterworld, a world of never ending happiness.....You can always see the sun, day or night

So when you call up that shrink in Beverly Hills You know the one Dr. Everything'll Be Alright ......Instead of asking him how much of your time is left?......Ask him how much of your mind, baby

'Cause in this life things are much harder than in the afterworld.......This life you're on your own......

And if the elevator tries to bring you down......

Go crazy punch a higher floor

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

Last edited by Phil McCracken on Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:13 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
He can suck my ass then.

I'm not involved with the case, so I don't need to read any briefings. I got a nice summation from Deadspin ... which, incidentally, was never more a pleasure to read with their normal site being down and it basically being just text and a picture (sans all that other fucking bell-and-whistle garbage).

And you can print that.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:16 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
I am a bit surprised that Bernsie wouldn't just read it to us on the air. That would fill up 5 hours.
I feel like I know all I need to know just by tuning in to his show. He is a little too obsessed with
this Penn State business.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:41 am 

Will Dan throw people out of the remote if they don't share his rage and view point? Block party!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:51 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Don Tiny wrote:
He can suck my ass then.

I'm not involved with the case, so I don't need to read any briefings. I got a nice summation from Deadspin ... which, incidentally, was never more a pleasure to read with their normal site being down and it basically being just text and a picture (sans all that other fucking bell-and-whistle garbage).

And you can print that.

You just did.

I'm Terry's Peeps and I approve this message. :thumleft:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:56 am 

pizza_Place: Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinders
I did read it...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:04 am 

I read the report and came away thinking that this was just a big misunderstanding and it really wasn't anyone's fault.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:08 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Phil McCracken wrote:
Dearly beloved, we have gathered here today.........To get through this thing called life...........Electric word life it means forever and that's a mighty long time..........But I'm here to tell you there's something else.........

The afterworld, a world of never ending happiness.....You can always see the sun, day or night

So when you call up that shrink in Beverly Hills You know the one Dr. Everything'll Be Alright ......Instead of asking him how much of your time is left?......Ask him how much of your mind, baby

'Cause in this life things are much harder than in the afterworld.......This life you're on your own......

Man, I love you.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:08 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
FN 10 in the jury report:

Quote:
Joe Paterno unfortunately passed away on January 22, 2012.

Unnecessary adverb. Unfortunate for whom? For Joe? Arguably, but if you're dying of terminal cancer, it almost seems more unfortunate to keep living in pain. Unfortunate that he died before they could charge him? Unfortunate because We Are Penn State?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:24 am 

pizza_Place: ------
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
Phil McCracken wrote:

Man, I love you.

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:27 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Curious Hair wrote:
FN 10 in the jury report:

Quote:
Joe Paterno unfortunately passed away on January 22, 2012.

Unnecessary adverb. Unfortunate for whom? For Joe? Arguably, but if you're dying of terminal cancer, it almost seems more unfortunate to keep living in pain. Unfortunate that he died before they could charge him? Unfortunate because We Are Penn State?

Unfortunate for Bernsie Ahab.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I dont understand Bernsie's obsession with the Orlando Magic roster. Unless MKG is great from day 1, Aaron Afflalo is significantly better than anyone on the Bobcats. The Bobcats roster looks much, much worse.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:33 pm 

Here's the Friday Plan from Rokwelz in Orland Park:

*3:30P: "The Second Half"
*4P: BTN's Gerry DiNardo-#21 Nebraska/Michigan State, Illinois/#6 Ohio State, Penn State/Purdue, Michigan/Minnesota, Pittsburgh/#4 Notre Dame Weekend Previews
*4:40P-ish: The SCORE/WBBM Newsradio/Bears Radio Network's Zach Zaidman-Last Bears' Practice before Sunday's Road Game @ Tennessee
*5:30P: Mike from Milwaukee's Football Picks

"Scoreboard Updates": Connor McKnight

Terry's "two favorite words", Laurence Holmes follows @ 6P. Joe Ostrowski has the latenight SCORE starting @ 10P. Yahoo! Sports Radio follows solo Joe @ 1A Saturday morning.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:33 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
I dont understand Bernsie's obsession with the Orlando Magic roster. Unless MKG is great from day 1, Aaron Afflalo is significantly better than anyone on the Bobcats. The Bobcats roster looks much, much worse.
If I called up and said the NBA is full of garbage teams, and that it isn't worth watching because Lebron is too big and strong and can't be stopped and will win a title what do you think he would say?

Because, he basically says that every day.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:35 pm 

I'm really depressed--or as depressed as one can get with sports--that the NHL is death-spiraling and proving right all its detractors, New York is whoring itself out and kicking evacuees out of hotels while the city is a lawless wasteland, my favorite radio show has turned into The Mike North Afternoon Show. World sucks.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:36 pm 

Quote:
It's like Escape From New York out there.
:lol:

What? There are lines at the Apple store for Ipad Mini going on!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
So the marathon in NYC is the issue that gets Dan to get off of PSU for awhile?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
uofiguy wrote:

Really hope 670 covers this marathon, too.

Here comes the pack of Africans!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:39 pm 

If it means anything, while the New York City Marathon does make money for that city, now's not the time to run it. I also wonder if it's a smart idea for the Steelers/Giants' game to take place at MetLife Stadium, too. That area is still very much a mess, especially after seeing all the news footage we continue to see regarding all the flooding, lack of electrical power, etc. If the NFL decided to shift this game to Pittsburgh, they should.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:40 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Boy, that Matt Abbatacola sure is a much-needed dose of "EDGY" for this show. listen to his tone as he decries "idiot texters" all the way to wondering whether the giants would force a player whose family died in the storm to play on sunday.

All this stuff makes me wonder what's going on with Penn State. I need an update.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:40 pm 

redskingreg wrote:
uofiguy wrote:

Really hope 670 covers this marathon, too.

Here comes the pack of Africans!

There is no worse thing on the Score than the marathon on the radio, is there? I think it slightly edges out Score values with Nick fucking Shepkowki.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
It's not that sports heals. It's that sports generates money for the city and a few of its residents.

Personally, I am with Dan and good dolphin in this case. Screw the marathon.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:44 pm 

Christ that Zooey Deschanel sounding chick singing that Five Hour Energy jingle - brutal!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:45 pm 

beni hanna wrote:
It's not that sports heals. It's that sports generates money for the city and a few of its residents.

How does it generate money if the power is out everywhere and businesses are closed? I used to be a big Mike Bloomberg guy, but he's turning out to be a statist dickhead.

uofiguy wrote:
Christ that Zooey Deschanel sounding chick singing that Five Hour Energy jingle - brutal!

Just thank the god of your choosing that she's not playing a ukelele.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:47 pm 

My issue with the New York Marathon is the logistics and the lack of space. There are a lot of residents there that still don't have electrical power, houses that are also flooded...Hell, the Heat/Knicks' game tonight at MSG shouldn't be played either!

The Steelers don't have a hotel because the one they were supposed to stay doesn't have power. They're planning to travel on the day of the game. I heard Hub on with Mac & Spiegs today and he feels it's a disadvantage for the visitors from Pittsburgh.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:47 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
beni hanna wrote:

How does it generate money if the power is out everywhere and businesses are closed? I used to be a big Mike Bloomberg guy, but he's turning out to be a statist dickhead.
Power is not out everywhere. There are literally people waiting in line at the Apple stores to buy ipad minis!

Yes, there are bad areas that are going to take weeks or months to recover, but a 6 hour race on a weekend morning won't hinder any of that.

Also, this is kind of the New York way of doing things. Something bad happens, move on with life.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:48 pm 

SHARK wrote:
My issue with the New York Marathon is the logistics and the lack of space. There are a lot of residents there that still don't have electrical power, houses that are also flooded...Hell, the Heat/Knicks' game tonight at MSG shouldn't be played either!

The Steelers don't have a hotel because the one they were supposed to stay doesn't have power. They're planning to travel on the day of the game. I heard Hub on with Mac & Spiegs today and he feels it's a disadvantage for the visitors from Pittsburgh.

All of the media outlets should be sure and continue to use power to get there to cover the fact that there isnt enough power.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:50 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
lol "you sound dumb....."

caller: "...and so do you!"

and now ad hominem led by sir edge-a-lot HE DONT HAVE NO FRIENDS IN NYC!!!!!!

i swear dan must be auditioning for a national gig on cbs sports radio...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:51 pm 

It's my understanding the New York Stock Exchange has been on backup generators since they re-opened Wednesday morning. It's not sports related, mind you, but I think radio & TV stations there have also been on backup power as a direct result of Sandy's wrath.