It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Who You Crappin
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:15 pm 

in Ditkaese "who you crappin" is directed at someone who is being hypocritical. Why has this been allowed to devolve to the point where any slip of the tounge or incorrect statement is crap worthy?

Post subject: Re: Who You Crappin
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
good dolphin wrote:
in Ditkaese "who you crappin" is directed at someone who is being hypocritical. Why has this been allowed to devolve to the point where any slip of the tounge or incorrect statement is crap worthy?

Black Physicist is the worst when it comes to that.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:19 pm 

I think the show needs to be better about defining the segment. I don't think they even know what a crap is anymore as they pretty much only requre it be something someone said not something someone did and not overtly political

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
spmack wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

is he the DB who always references someone being a year or two off about when a song was released?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:36 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Portions of it have morphed into Critics at XL.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
doug - evergreen park wrote:

Some of these defensive linemen...they've shown they can tackle people.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinders
doug - evergreen park wrote:

I always liked that segment. Do those guys still do that? Why couldn't Mac bring that to The Score with him?!?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:52 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
They need to eliminate e-craps.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:40 pm 

Franky T wrote:
They need to eliminate e-craps.

The Editor-in-Bernstein doesn't like that idea.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
spmack wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Gary from Evanston deserves some serious heat for that, too.

"Hi, guys. We're merely five weeks away from the anniversary of the birth of the late, great Dan Blocker. Anyway, this crap goes out to CNN pundit Wolf Blitzer. Last week, while commenting on a story about a 40-year-old college professor sleeping with her 18-year-old student, Blitzer commented that the student was 'a regular Flounder from Animal House.' Now, while I respect the journalistic integrity of Mr. Blitzer, anyone who works for a major news network should know that Flounder was the overweight legacy pledge portrayed by Stephen Furst of St. Elsewhere fame. The Lothario who seduced an older woman was in fact Otter, as portrayed by the great Tim Matheson, who also appeared as Griff in the final, shortened season of Bonanza. Wolf Blitzer, who. are. you. crapping?"

Last edited by Dave In Champaign on Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:02 pm 

pizza_Place: ------
Dave In Champaign wrote:
spmack wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

"Hi, guys. We're merely five weeks away from the anniversary of the birth of the late, great Dan Blocker. Anyway, this crap goes out to CNN pundit Wolf Blitzer. Last week, while commenting on a story about a 40-year-old college professor sleeping with her 18-year-old student, Blitzer commented that the student was 'a regular Flounder from Animal House.' Now, while I respect the journalistic integrity of Mr. Blitzer, anyone who works for a major news network should know that Flounder was the overweight legacy pledge portrayed by Stephen Furst of St. Elsewhere fame. The Lothario who seduced an older woman was in fact Otter, as portrayed by the great Tim Matheson, who also appeared as Griff in the final, shortened season of Bonanza. Wolf Blitzer, who are you crapping?"

:lol: :lol: :lol: Outstanding

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Dave In Champaign wrote:
spmack wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

"Hi, guys. We're merely five weeks away from the anniversary of the birth of the late, great Dan Blocker. Anyway, this crap goes out to CNN pundit Wolf Blitzer. Last week, while commenting on a story about a 40-year-old college professor sleeping with her 18-year-old student, Blitzer commented that the student was 'a regular Flounder from Animal House.' Now, while I respect the journalistic integrity of Mr. Blitzer, anyone who works for a major news network should know that Flounder was the overweight legacy pledge portrayed by Stephen Furst of St. Elsewhere fame. The Lothario who seduced an older woman was in fact Otter, as portrayed by the great Tim Matheson, who also appeared as Griff in the final, shortened season of Bonanza. Wolf Blitzer, who. are. you. crapping?"

You've tapped into the very essence of Gary.

I'd be scared if I were you.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:23 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
good dolphin wrote:

Amen I simply tune out for the segment

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
Dave In Champaign wrote:
spmack wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

That is so him! :lol: I hate that fucking fuckstick!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:03 pm 

pizza_Place: ***
Dave In Champaign wrote:
spmack wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Fuuuuuuck yes.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:05 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
James Harden put up 45 tonight. I guess that's pretty shitty...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:54 pm 

Dave In Champaign wrote:
spmack wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

SOLID. I wish you had added in a few creepy, panting, laughs to really earn yourself some sort of trophy. Excellent.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:47 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Dave In Champaign wrote:

FWIW, I should like to categorize that as one of the all-time best-crafted entertainment posts on this here bored ... as good as any of the Ed Farmer posts (which I hold in high regard as well, RIP).

(although I should like to point out I hold zero malice for one Gary from Evanston)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:04 am 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
Don Tiny wrote:
(although I should like to point out I hold zero malice for one Gary from Evanston)

Oh, me either. Gary cracks me up. I met him at a remote a couple years ago and he was a sweetheart.

He really does wear an Expos hat everywhere, btw.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:13 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Dave's post is actually better than 99% of Gary's craps. A more realistic one from Gary would be crapping Blitzer for saying it was an 18 year old when it was really a 19 year old, that idiot!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:37 am 

Dave In Champaign wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

Oh, me either. Gary cracks me up. I met him at a remote a couple years ago and he was a sweetheart.

He really does wear an Expos hat everywhere, btw.

He's stealing sini schtick.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:50 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I've said it before but I think the problem with the segment now is that everyone is conditioned to give the same crap. It has a cadence.

Setup
Smarmy / Condescending statement
Obscure Cultural reference
Self-congratulatory summation

Pepper it with a few $10 words to make yourself sound smart and there you have it - every single crap.

I miss the old school meatheads that just came on with anger and yelled stuff like, "Hey Ditka! You said da' Bears'd win 6 and dat's da' 7th win! WHO ARE YOU CRAPPIN'?!?"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:12 am 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I've said it before but I think the problem with the segment now is that everyone is conditioned to give the same crap. It has a cadence.

Setup
Smarmy / Condescending statement
Obscure Cultural reference
Self-congratulatory summation

Pepper it with a few $10 words to make yourself sound smart and there you have it - every single crap.

I miss the old school meatheads that just came on with anger and yelled stuff like, "Hey Ditka! You said da' Bears'd win 6 and dat's da' 7th win! WHO ARE YOU CRAPPIN'?!?"

There was a guy last Thursday who had the perfect blend of meatball and intelligence.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:42 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Northside Pimp is the only regular I enjoy. He understands the segment is stupid and treats it as such. Blatanly makes up quotes and his insult against the crapper is usually a funny one-liner.

E-craps are the worse. When Jason and Terry recently did WYC without them the segment was great. There was so much funbad.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:30 pm 

They should change the name of this segment to something like "Critics @ Extra Large", and they
they not take mouth breather Gary from Evanston calls. He is not funny.