All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:11 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Badger Badgers ftw

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
redskingreg wrote:
Why did Terry read that? Beyond pointless.

Terry was reading that story and saying that if these people are upset that they should take a good look at their quality of life. But if Terry is upset about them being upset what does that say about the quality of his life?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Tad Queasy wrote:
redskingreg wrote:

Terry was reading that story and saying that if these people are upset that they should take a good look at their quality of life. But if Terry is upset about them being upset what does that say about the quality of his life?

Hey, it still beats listening to political pundits.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Brandon Marshall has accrued a bunch of garbage time statistics. Pretty simple explanation.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Don Tiny wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
redskingreg wrote:

Hey, it still beats listening to political pundits.

I'd prefer to sit in Ed Asner's lap and groom his luxurious eyebrows over the other two options.

Last edited by Tad Queasy on Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:42 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Kirkwood wrote:
Brandon Marshall has accrued a bunch of garbage time statistics. Pretty simple explanation.

His 4 catches in the last 2:30 against Carolina last week weren't garbage time.

The entire rest of the season has been pretty much garbage time. It was garbage time vs. Tennessee with 4:00 left in the 1st.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:43 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
He does get bonus points for going a full half season without beating any women though. It balances out.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

His 4 catches in the last 2:30 against Carolina last week weren't garbage time.

The entire rest of the season has been pretty much garbage time. It was garbage time vs. Tennessee with 4:00 left in the 1st.

Yea, I don't want to totally downplay his great season so far. He still is racking up the stats which previous Bears receivers couldn't. But I'd like to see him these next two weeks against Texans and 49ers.

I just think it reinforces their lack of knowledge of the NFL outside the Bears.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:54 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Kirkwood wrote:
But I'd like to see him these next two weeks against Texans and 49ers.

As would I. But, Marshall is top 5 in almost every category, including 1st downs (2nd) and I'm very pleased with his performance regardless of when they happen.

It would be one thing if he's getting them in blowout losses but I have no problem with him getting some stats in blowout wins.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:57 pm 

beni hanna wrote:
:lol: :lol: Jason (Dan's son) emails with his top 5. Too funny.

That kid is going to become as insufferable as the Guillen boys in the very near future.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
He does get bonus points for going a full half season without beating any women though. It balances out.

Boilermaker Rick should write the next Brandon Marshall puff piece for the fellers.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:13 pm 

pizza_Place: ***
Fuck you fuckers. I'm going to keep saying it you fucking fucks. Denominators are important too. I wrote all that calmly.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Oh give me a break Hub, Marshall was the ONLY part of the winning drive against Carolina. Does he really think the Bears win that game if Cutler is stuck targeting Knox and Hester in a hurry-up offense? I don't even like Marshall as much as these guys and think leaving him off is defensible, but justifying it in terms of "The Bears would have won all these games anyway" is a typical disingenuous move from Hub.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:17 pm 

ZephMarshack wrote:
Oh give me a break Hub, Marshall was the ONLY part of the winning drive against Carolina. Does he really think the Bears win that game if Cutler is stuck targeting Knox and Hester in a hurry-up offense? I don't even like Marshall as much as these guys and think leaving him off is defensible, but justifying it in terms of "The Bears would have won all these games anyway" is a typical disingenuous move from Hub.

Yes, the Bears win that game without Brandon Marshall, because 20 yard Ron Rivera cushions ahoy.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:20 pm 

You guys are getting dangerously close to "he just wins football games" status with multiple players on this offense, by the way.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:22 pm 

Irish Boy wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:

Yes, the Bears win that game without Brandon Marshall, because 20 yard Ron Rivera cushions ahoy.

Rivera's a dolt but Cutler still needs to complete passes and Bennett's the only other slightly competent guy in that situation.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:26 pm 

:roll: And of course the reason Hub screwed up the unanimous choices is because he's too much of an insider and too ahead of the curve.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Hub said that AJ Green was on pace this year for breaking Jerry Rice's records, which is why he was a unanimous vote ahead of Marshall....

Ok, but so far this year, Brandon Marshall has similar - if not better - stats:

AJ Green: 735 yards, 8 TD's
Brandon Marshall: 797 yards, 7 TD's

And at the end of the segment, I love how Hub mentioned a kidney punch by Tillman getting him a personal foul penalty, and these two dolts said nothing. I thought it was such a joke to think of Dan and Terry? Guess not when faced with disagreeing with Hub, who clearly knows 100 X's more about football than these two goofs.

Embarrassing show for a while now.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:28 pm 

We might have to spin the dials hard on the way-back machine, but there was a time that this segment by Hub would have been dissected and openly ridiculed. Not that Marshall had to be at the top of the list but every reason given for the top three receivers was valid for Marshall. But that would have also meant Bernstine looking at Hub's reasoning and seeing the weak supporting evidence and hammering it with a mocking zeal. It would also take Terry back to a time when he would abruptly call out Hub, instead of going into an endlessly stammering and flip-flopping tizzy. Of course Hub was a company man back then also, so he would have made reference to the other players with the belief that nobody could watch them play from his vantage point and thus ask, Where'd you watch your ball? At 7-1 Dick Jauron would have the best coach honor.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Terry talking about Argo High......why????????????????????????

I'm out.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
what a couple of HYPOCRITES armado/ jeffery gives his top 5 NBA players ....they say he is wrong...then don't give their top five......they both squat when they piss...and Abattacola wipes their puss

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:49 am 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
Irish Boy wrote:
Fuck you fuckers. I'm going to keep saying it you fucking fucks. Denominators are important too. I wrote all that calmly.

I'm still with you, friend. Keep fighting the good fight.