It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Why does the CBS turkey want to bang one of the male actors?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:20 pm 

Bernstein's got himself nicely covered with his hypocritical slamming of Rodgers wanting his charity work publicized. Surely he would summarily dismiss any critique of his constant "this charity, near and dear to my heart, well, and I get emotional, I was able to help raise $200,000" by explaining that it's his duty, with the 50,000 watt blowtorch, to broadcast out awareness for his beloved charity....not a spotlight grab.

As far as their constant ripping of the dumb CBS Sports Minute, when do they get a note? There's no way that the guy in charge could be happy with the drive time hosts in one of their largest markets constantly mocking them, right? Further, that their producer crafts hilarious parodies of said corporate synergy? I can't believe something hasn't been said by now.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:24 pm 

Harry Seaward wrote:
Bernstein's got himself nicely covered with his hypocritical slamming of Rodgers wanting his charity work publicized. Surely he would summarily dismiss any critique of his constant "this charity, near and dear to my heart, well, and I get emotional, I was able to help raise $200,000" by explaining that it's his duty, with the 50,000 watt blowtorch, to broadcast out awareness for his beloved charity....not a spotlight grab.
The thing is though he not only uses it to advertise his charity, but also mentions a lot simply going to meetings or dinners that aren't designed to raise money from listeners.

I think it's a great charity, but like almost all people who do charity work, they do it to be recognized or out of guilt for being well to do. True selfless charity rarely exists. Someone almost always gets something out of it and that is ok.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
J.J. Watt steriod accusations! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Bernstein has a problem with someone wanting his charitable work to be public?

Yeah, I hate that. Hey, isn't there a poker game, banquet, or marathon for One Step coming up soon? I wouldn't know. It's NEVER mentioned.

I also loved his response when Boers was talking shit about Rodgers being sensitive about his height.

Well......... some guys are just like that I guess,

:lol: :lol: Yeah Dan, you.

That was hilarious, glad you guys caught that too :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:32 pm 

It was just a matter of time. For the record, I believe Watt is on something. I believe most NFL players are on something.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
redskingreg wrote:
It was just a matter of time. For the record, I believe Watt is on something. I believe most NFL players are on something.

Yeah, which is why nobody brings it up. If everyone does it there is no story.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:37 pm 

McDude wrote:
redskingreg wrote:

Yeah, which is why nobody brings it up. If everyone does it there is no story.

Yep. But something tells me B&B will believe they are out in front of the juiced up Watt "story"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Harry Seaward wrote:

As far as their constant ripping of the dumb CBS Sports Minute, when do they get a note? There's no way that the guy in charge could be happy with the drive time hosts in one of their largest markets constantly mocking them, right? Further, that their producer crafts hilarious parodies of said corporate synergy? I can't believe something hasn't been said by now.

The bosses have only themselves to blame. I'd imagine CBS shows around the country are mocking those. They are literally the dumbest, most pointless bits I have ever heard on sports radio, which is really saying something. Dan is a company man. If he was given orders to stop, he would have.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:39 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
J.J. Watt steriod accusations! :lol: :lol: :lol:

JJ Watt:
Year 1: Slow tight end at a non-BCS school.
Year 2: Delivering pizzas
Year 3: Redshirt at Wisconsin
Year 4: Good production at Wisconsin
Year 5: Great production at Wisconsin. One of the best defensive ends in the country.
Year 6: Favorite for NFL defensive player of the year.

Brandon Marshall:
Year 1: Not much
Year 2: Not much
Year 3: Safety at a a non-BCS school.
Year 4: Good college wide receiver
Year 5: Didn't play much, but showed signs
Year 6: All pro season. One of the best WR's in the game.

Which one seems more "suspicious"?

Edited: I missed his Marshall's first two years.

Last edited by Brick on Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:40 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
the white guy...for sure.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
FavreFan wrote:
Harry Seaward wrote:

The bosses have only themselves to blame. I'd imagine CBS shows around the country are mocking those. They are literally the dumbest, most pointless bits I have ever heard on sports radio, which is really saying something. Dan is a company man. If he was given orders to stop, he would have.

Yesterday, I did hear Dan justify them a little bit... Something about how hard it would be to find 5 different subjects each day to have to cut a 1 minute passionate promo for.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:42 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Harry Seaward wrote:

You telling me you got nothing out of Feinstein's Jason Bay nugget today? Man, I would hate to be you. So much information in there. I leave today a smarter man.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Hank Scorpio wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Harry Seaward wrote:

Yesterday, I did hear Dan justify them a little bit... Something about how hard it would be to find 5 different subjects each day to have to cut a 1 minute passionate promo for.

.... which is one of the big reasons why it's such a stupid idea.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:03 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Well, they could always just say the same thing about Penn State, Lance Armstrong, and Lebron James in a slightly different way every day for the next 6 months.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:24 pm 

Why isn't Bernstein shouting down Zach for saying the Bears need to run the ball more?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
redskingreg wrote:
Why isn't Bernstein shouting down Zach for saying the Bears need to run the ball more?

Because Zach is a little bitch who won't go on the Danny Mac show anymore because he got shotgunned. I'm sure B&B were instructed to treat this little puss with kid gloves so they can have him on at least one show during the week. But then again, maybe B&B are pussies themselves, and are afraid to confront him with such an "idiotic" statement like they do the callers.

Or maybe its both? :alien:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:49 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I'm glad I don't live in Bernstein's binary world.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:44 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Dave In Champaign wrote:
I feel like I'm the last person on earth who still enjoys WYC.

Love WYC!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Sum1Here wrote:
redskingreg wrote:

Because Zach is a little bitch who won't go on the Danny Mac show anymore because he got shotgunned. I'm sure B&B were instructed to treat this little puss with kid gloves so they can have him on at least one show during the week. But then again, maybe B&B are pussies themselves, and are afraid to confront him with such an "idiotic" statement like they do the callers.

Or maybe its both? :alien:

First of all, I think Zach is justified in not wanting to deal with Dan McNeil. Guy treated him like a jerk.

Second of all, you guys have short memories. There was a time when Bernstein would regularly berate and challenge Zach on every one of his "tiptoeing the Bears company line" statements. I guess Bernstein figures, "What's the point?"

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
First of all, I think Zach is justified in not wanting to deal with Dan McNeil. Guy treated him like a jerk.

Second of all, you guys have short memories. There was a time when Bernstein would regularly berate and challenge Zach on every one of his "tiptoeing the Bears company line" statements. I guess Bernstein figures, "What's the point?"

OKC speaks the truth here. Bernsy has challenged his many times. They both repeat their points and it goes nowhere. Best to let him speak his piece and move on.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:33 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
I wonder if ZZ can pick up on that exasperated sigh Dan tends to give in the moment between ZZ finishing one terribly long winded thought and starting another.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
Kirkwood wrote:
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:

OKC speaks the truth here. Bernsy has challenged his many times. They both repeat their points and it goes nowhere. Best to let him speak his piece and move on.

I, too, must concur with Mr. Cairo. A while back (2007 or 2008, if memory serves), they were having their seemingly weekly discussion of the atrociousness of the Bears' safeties. Zaidman mumbled through some craven bit of equivocation--"well, I don't know if I'd use the word atrocious, necessarily," or something like that--and Dan spent the next two minutes demanding that he name a single player on the Bears whom he considered bad or even below-average. True to form, Zach sputtered and evaded and dodged to the point that you could practically hear him sweating through the radio. I think he finally got off the hook by muttering something about Kevin Payne "needing some time to develop." For all the shit I give Dan about huffing and puffing and putting people on the spot, it was a great moment. Zaidman's career is an exercise in fatuous hackery and he deserves to be humiliated at every available opportunity.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:15 pm 

Many times you can almost hear Dan's eyes rolling at the things Zaidman says.

Then again, when Zaidman talks good about Brandon Marshall you can hear Dan pumping his fist in celebration.