It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:37 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Today, they will talk about things. They will entertain some people while pissing off others. I will be indifferent because I miss Jason Goff on this show. *skypoint*

Good Luck, Jason Goff

Oh, and Who You Crappin' is at 5pm (bad segment that should be "Old Yellered").

Listen, or don't (I won't). Complain, or be content. Either way, I love you.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:39 am 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
I feel like I'm the last person on earth who still enjoys WYC.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:41 am 

pizza_Place: Sausage
2nd to last....it's never tickled my fancy, give me "Mundane Sports Achievements"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:42 am 

Dave In Champaign wrote:

Yeah, I haven't found it consistently entertaining since about 2005 or so.

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:43 am 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
YAR!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:49 am 

Also, I want to thank Mattabattacola for using my YouTube link to Jeremy in Evergreen Park's call from 2011 the other day. I'm happy I was able to help expose "Armando in Cicero" and his basketball idiocy.

*Oh my god*

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:56 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Dave In Champaign wrote:

Most of them dont make sense. Every week seems to be the same.

Gary--Bonanza, drool, out of breath, odd thing to comment on, funny sound at end
Some new guy--Lovie Smith said the offense will be fine. I think hes an idiot because the line sucks. WYC?
Unemployed Lawyer--Flirts with B&B, craps Dan while he giggles about it, Dan says 'Yep he got me'
Black Physicist--Some satellite radio station said some lame song was in 72 instead of 73
Some other new guy--Good point, rambles, composes himself, starts rambling again, shotgun cocked, slowly gets to the payoff, shotgun fired

Fill that in with a lot of e-craps that Dan writes himself and attributes to his cronies.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:00 pm 

That's exactly it Hank.

As somebody (I forget who) pointed out the other day, the segment has basically become, "Hey, you were wrong about something so who you crappin!"

Somebody will try to crap Hub today about picking the Titans to win last Sunday. :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:01 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Gary--Bonanza, drool, out of breath, odd thing to comment on, funny sound at end

that's the old montreal expos homerun sound played at olympic stadium whenever an expo homered.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
I just don't like how WYC has changed to people saying something dumb as supposed to saying something that contradicts their previous words/actions.

That said, I wanted to write an E-Crap for Hub for his Tuesday segment when he asked who is Brandon Marshall having a better season than out of AJ Green, Harvin and Reggie Wayne. Marshall is on pace for 155+ catches 1500+ yards and 14+ TD's. Two players in NFL history have done that, Rice and Herman Moore. Hub's the worst.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
sinicalypse wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

that's the old montreal expos homerun sound played at olympic stadium whenever an expo homered.

There is my little factoid of the day.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:21 pm 

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
As somebody (I forget who) pointed out the other day, :

hurtful, very hurtful

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:21 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
As somebody (I forget who) pointed out the other day, :

hurtful, very hurtful

Sorry my friend.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:26 pm 

Maybe "enjoy" was too strong a word; it's not like I rush to download the podcast if I happen to miss it. But if it's on, I generally get a couple dumb laughs out of it. Maybe it just makes me nostalgic, since it's one of the only times during the week in which they stop telling us how stupid we are and act goofy for half an hour.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Dave In Champaign wrote:

You are not alone...........I am here with you....

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
I, too, look forward to WYC .... those that don't can motorboat between my asscheeks with great gusto.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:57 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Someone will crap Mayor Bloomberg over his statement on cancelling the marathon last Friday. Danny thought it was a ridiculous statement, so someone trying desperately to be liked by him (Maddux Boy?) will take the low hanging fruit and call in.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:03 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Franky T wrote:
Someone will crap Mayor Bloomberg over his statement on cancelling the marathon last Friday. Danny thought it was a ridiculous statement, so someone trying desperately to be liked by him (Maddux Boy?) will take the low hanging fruit and call in.

I don't know what's sadder: people who want Bernstein to like them, or me coming here every day and bitching about/deconstructing everything Bernstein says.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:08 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:
Franky T wrote:

I don't know what's sadder: people who want Bernstein to like them, or me coming here every day and bitching about/deconstructing everything Bernstein says.

Both are pretty bad, but at least you're self-aware so that's good.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:25 pm 

Northside_Dan wrote:
I just don't like how WYC has changed to people saying something dumb as supposed to saying something that contradicts their previous words/actions.

That said, I wanted to write an E-Crap for Hub for his Tuesday segment when he asked who is Brandon Marshall having a better season than out of AJ Green, Harvin and Reggie Wayne. Marshall is on pace for 155+ catches 1500+ yards and 14+ TD's. Two players in NFL history have done that, Rice and Herman Moore. Hub's the worst.

I agree that Hub is the worst, but remember that he explained the "historical" trend of Marshall's season by saying "the other guys are also on track for big seasons". So, there you go.

As far as WYC?, it really has become a "can I make Bern$tine laugh by re-wording his thoughts or picking a story from his hot button playbook"? About the only thing worse than those calls are the e-craps....mostly the content is bad and too long, but Dan's super serious voice morphing (say it like you mean it) into a giggly school girl as he nears the punchline...well, that's bad.

I'm glad this show is on the air, though. I think about the station if it were somehow gone, and wow what a brutal lineup. For all it's warts, at least this show makes me laugh at times..........Screamy & Punny in the morning suck, the passive aggressive duo doing middays are unlistenable, and Chicago's version of Atlanta's Jason Goff is absolutely awful radio. So, in closing, thanks Dan and Terry.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
I don't mind Who Ya Crappin. It can be as funny or as bad as the rest of the show. Just depends on the day. The show has lost my interest of late and I don't think it has to do with the basic reasons we discuss here...Sandusky, loss of Jason, CTE, Lance Armstrong as examples. I still listen a lot, but day in and day out it isn't as entertaining, informative, goofy, whatever as it was for many years before. I don't know if it is my taste that has changed or something in the way the hosts are approaching the show.

Also, would like to follow Jason's show some, but still no daily podcasts. There are a couple of podcasts of interviews (which imo weren't his strongest suit) available here http://atlanta.cbslocal.com/show/mac-jason-at-night/. The Pasquarelli interview wasn't bad at all and
they got Atlanta native Ciara on yesterday. Jason was off. The quote "Jason taking a couple of nights off". Hope all is well the Gofflandia.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:14 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Ahh finally getting around to the Monty Williams comments. Also this comment from Mike Florio's piece that Deadspin ridiculed is just delightful:

"Roger Goodell is turning the NFL players soft. There is absolutely nothing tough about Roger Goodell. The NFL we used to know will never be the same. Most players would still rather die than not play on Sunday. But nowadays in the NFL and out here in regular society there is a group of people with what i call "A false sense of entitlement". They want the accolades and the money and the stardom but they don't want to do squat to get it. My old 83 year old daddy says anything worth having is worth working for. I believe that and most other people do too. But there are some now that are just lazy. And Goodells girly policies and bounty and spy-gate witch hunts has damaged the moral compass of some players. Geaux Saints!"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
http://score670.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=74566

Can't believe it took Dan this long to hating on the asshat that is Monty Williams.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:28 pm 

Terry: "There were really smart people who loved the Chiefs and thought they would be good."

ahahahahahahaha

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:35 pm 

The Hub love (and, in particular, the Bowen love) makes a lot more more sense in light of them both admitting they're essentially football agnostics. The kind of person who thinks the NFL is just so derned zany you can never know who's good and who's bad is precisely the kind of person who would be awed by proper use of the term "landmark."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:08 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
It's sad that WYC is at best 50/50...like, we expect every other crap to be just that.

btw. The Jeremy stuff was awful to listen to the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th time...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:10 pm 

Bernstein has a problem with someone wanting his charitable work to be public?

Yeah, I hate that. Hey, isn't there a poker game, banquet, or marathon for One Step coming up soon? I wouldn't know. It's NEVER mentioned.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
That kid in the out of control coyotes spot needs to sac up.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Yeah, I hate that. Hey, isn't there a poker game, banquet, or marathon for One Step coming up soon? I wouldn't know. It's NEVER mentioned.

I also loved his response when Boers was talking shit about Rodgers being sensitive about his height.

Well......... some guys are just like that I guess,

:lol: :lol: Yeah Dan, you.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:18 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I also loved his response when Boers was talking shit about Rodgers being sensitive about his height.

Well......... some guys are just like that I guess,

:lol: :lol: Yeah Dan, you.
:lol: