It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Curious Hair wrote:
Didn't listen to this horseshit and I'm glad I didn't. I think I'm taking a break from this show for a while.

It's not your fault.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
cluv8484 wrote:
Funny when this thread was started, I thought the title was a joke.....unfortunately the show today is brutal and has me worked up/angry

May I recommend http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOriginal ... ure=mhum...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
I hate that SomeGuy has me on ignore now.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Sausage
They won't stop....this guy has some valid points and is right that Derrick is the core, but they just want to be extremely pessimistic...not like lebron was in the league 7 years before he won or anything *cough*cough*

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:52 pm 

denisdman wrote:
Momentum doesn't exist, nor does team chemistry, hitting coaches, trying harder, being clutch, or winning in the regular season. If you view sports from their perspective, it's no longer fun. Thus, I choose to be a meatball and enjoy sports for what it is, entertainment. And that might mean I get wrapped up in the excitement of say, Jeremy Lin and other feel good stories even when they're fleeting.

Great, great post. I listen to this station so seldom now, but I still like coming on the board here and hearing what the die-hards who DO listen are saying. I don't know, I guess I still hold out some hope that if public opinion turns enough, we can get some decent sports-talk radio back on here in Chicago. Probably a stupid thought, but, hey, not the first time I've had one.

Boy, it sure sems to me that many, many of you here have just about had it with this show. Not to say I told you so, but I came to that conclusion some time ago. From what I read here, Boers remains an absolutely worthless, clueless, stuttering piece of garbage, and Bernstein--even though I had some hope that his basic smarts, intellectual curiosity, and ability to articulate his thoughts could carry the day--has attained new levels of repetiveness, arrogance, and douchbaggery that even I couldn't imagine.

You can't just sustain a whole 5-hour drive-time show on "Ha-ha, we're smart and you're not; our opinions are SO informed and you're a know-nothing meatball; you know it has to be true because 90% of the time we both say it is; WAR's and PECOTA's rule the day and tell you everything you need to know about baseball, and if you don't get that you're an f'ing turd; and blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, BLAH . . .". Or can you? Maybe I'm the fool; they're the ones collecting the CBS paychecks, but it doesn't mean I have to like it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:55 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Well the verdict is in. Show was bad. :lol:

As for that guy that called about the Bulls core and was shot down out of hand... In 2014 won't Wade be retired and Bosh possibly be somewhere else?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:20 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Bernstein wrote:
I was motivated to go running...well, you could have done that before.
THAT IS THE WHOLE POINT OF MOTIVATION! IT GETS YOU TO DO SOMETHING YOU WEREN'T! :lol:

Dan should realize that this idea is the same idea that is utilized to have people, I don't know, join a charity to do a marathon. They could donate to the charity. They don't have to run. But, the charity is motivation for those that want to attempt a challenge that they might not otherwise attempt. In addition, it provides awareness to said charity to provide a win-win for all involved.

Is that something like forking over a few hundred dollars to play in a poker tournament in order to help out a very worthwhile charity, even though one may otherwise have no interest or MOTIVATION to drive out to Indiana on a weeknight to play poker?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:29 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
First of all, hey, longtime guy!

Pappy's Crappy wrote:
Boy, it sure sems to me that many, many of you here have just about had it with this show. Not to say I told you so, but I came to that conclusion some time ago. From what I read here, Boers remains an absolutely worthless, clueless, stuttering piece of garbage, and Bernstein--even though I had some hope that his basic smarts, intellectual curiosity, and ability to articulate his thoughts could carry the day--has attained new levels of repetiveness, arrogance, and douchbaggery that even I couldn't imagine.

I'm not that annoyed with Terry. If anything, I've come to appreciate him more than ever due to regular sub Leery's descent into The Absolute Worst. It's Dan that's getting on my nerves, and not in the good "oh I'm so mad that I'm compelled to listen!" way, but in the "you're supposed to be too smart for this and it sucks a lot" way. The years I've spent listening to him have made me hyperattuned to the Bad Thoughts that dominate sports media, but I don't know if he's burned out or what, because his thoughts have gotten as bad as anyone else's: racism, willfully fallacious reasoning, jargon-barfing, all the stuff he's supposed to jump on everyone else for to our amusement and enlightenment. The Score promotes the show as "keeping the sports world on its toes," and as it's kept me on my toes, I've found myself wanting to keep them on theirs.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:50 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Curious Hair wrote:
I don't know if he's burned out or what, because his thoughts have gotten as bad as anyone else's: racism, willfully fallacious reasoning, jargon-barfing, all the stuff he's supposed to jump on everyone else for to our amusement and enlightenment. The Score promotes the show as "keeping the sports world on its toes," and as it's kept me on my toes, I've found myself wanting to keep them on theirs.

How long has it been since he's taken an extended vacation, like more than a week, I think that might help.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:48 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I can't pinpoint when Dan went off the tracks but I am a longtime listener. I go back to him on Saturdays being a silly meatball worshiping Ivan Calderon. He isn't right anymore that is for sure. People evolve I guess... some not for the better. :cry:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Although the show quickly spiralled to PTFB quality again, maybe it's just me not being able to understand what was going on because SHARK didn't explain it to me at all today...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:30 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:
For as aggravated as I get when Dan takes positions on things as stupid as this this show is still 10x better than those inane chuckle-fucks up the dial.

Disagree, in part.

CJH is at their best during football season. Now is the time to listen to them, given they are talking about football.

Jurko lives for football, both college and pro. This is when he is at his best - he's engaged, he's knowledgable, and he's funny.
Despite his pro-NBA/Bulls appearance, I think Carm is at his best leading a show talking about football. He leads them in topics that actually matter - as opposed to basketball, when he strives to talk about some obscure player/scenario or about his golden years of being the "Bulls guy" on the station.
Harry never changes. If there is one thing he is, it's consistent. He loves football.

I turn them on more frequently this time of year and leave them on - if - they are talking football.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
I for one especially like Harry's breakdown of the Bears game vs the Texans. There was talk that the Texans would double team B Marshall so the Bears must get Matt Forte involved in the game. Why you ask? Because "he's awesome".

You can't get that type of breakdown from just any sports show on either station. Good job Harry.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:37 pm 

Chris_in_joliet wrote:
I for one especially like Harry's breakdown of the Bears game vs the Texans. There was talk that the Texans would double team B Marshall so the Bears must get Matt Forte involved in the game. Why you ask? Because "he's awesome".

You can't get that type of breakdown from just any sports show on either station. Good job Harry.

Do you think the Texans will double team Marshall?

If so, why?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:38 pm 

spanky wrote:
Chris_in_joliet wrote:

Do you think the Texans will double team Marshall?

If so, why?

Yes. Because Wade Phillips said they would.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:43 pm 

Chris_in_joliet wrote:

I'll help you out.

AJ Green gets doubled a lot.
So does Reggie Wayne.
And Larry Fitzgerald.
Calvin Johnson.
Brandon Marshall.

You want me to give some deep insight? (I watch a lot of film /hub)
They get double teamed because they are really good. Harry is actually right on this one.

Unless you are suggesting that Earl Bennet should attract most of the attention?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:48 pm 

spanky wrote:
Chris_in_joliet wrote:

I'll help you out.

AJ Green gets doubled a lot.
So does Reggie Wayne.
And Larry Fitzgerald.
Calvin Johnson.
Brandon Marshall.

You want me to give some deep insight? (I watch a lot of film /hub)
They get double teamed because they are really good. Harry is actually right on this one.

Unless you are suggesting that Earl Bennet should attract most of the attention?

Um... You missed the point. I understand why Marshall is getting double teamed. Harry's breakdown was that you need to get Forte involved more in the offense because "he's awesome". That was seriously the extent of his Forte breakdown. I was making fun of Harry.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:51 pm 

Oooh. I thought he meant Marshall was awesome.
Be more clear next time.

Or........I'll rehash some kinda wife joke.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:53 pm 

Chris_in_joliet wrote:

Got it. You probably didn't see that though.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:57 pm 

Chris_in_joliet wrote:
Chris_in_joliet wrote:
I for one especially like Harry's breakdown of the Bears game vs the Texans. There was talk that the Texans would double team B Marshallso the Bears must get Matt Forte involved in the game. Why you ask? Because "he's awesome".

Got it. You probably didn't see that though.

Gotcha.