It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 1:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
They are officially off their rocker and being detestable as hell. Time to officially do the SomeGuy and give up all hope on them. :(

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:20 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Bernstein wrote:
I was motivated to go running...well, you could have done that before.
THAT IS THE WHOLE POINT OF MOTIVATION! IT GETS YOU TO DO SOMETHING YOU WEREN'T! :lol:

Dan should realize that this idea is the same idea that is utilized to have people, I don't know, join a charity to do a marathon. They could donate to the charity. They don't have to run. But, the charity is motivation for those that want to attempt a challenge that they might not otherwise attempt. In addition, it provides awareness to said charity to provide a win-win for all involved.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Bashing the Chuck Pagano story. :roll:

What could they possibly bash? Do they want leukemia to win? Are they pro-leukemia?
:lol:

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:27 pm 

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
cluv8484 wrote:
Yikes...the B&B sports minute is too try hard.....k i'm done bitching

I don't find it particularly funny.
:cheers: :cheers:

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:27 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
badrogue17 wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Bashing the Chuck Pagano story. :roll:

What could they possibly bash? Do they want leukemia to win? Are they pro-leukemia?
:lol:

Pro leukemia is better than college leukemia.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:30 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
yeah, but high school leukemia is at it's most pure...clearly just being leukemia for the love of leukemia.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:32 pm 

cluv8484 wrote:
Bernstein should be torched here....basically saying inspiration can't be proven by stats/facts thus it's not true.....people can't be motivate or inspired by situations in his world....

Yeah that sums up his position exactly. It's one of the dumbest thoughts I've ever heard.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
So I checked the show out for a few minutes here to see what all the hullaballew was about....

Am I correct in saying that they are shitting on everyone involved in that article about Pagano? The condescension is off-putting in a vacuum but combined with the stupid vocal inflections, dumb giggling and putting words in peoples mouths, among other things.....I just can't see how anyone can derive any sort of enjoyment from this show.

I'm actually shocked that they aren't coming out and calling Pagano an idiot and a simpleton directly.

This is bottom of the barrel which is saying something considering the show in question.

BAD.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:40 pm 

doug - evergreen park wrote:
yeah, but high school leukemia is at it's most pure...clearly just being leukemia for the love of leukemia.

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
If I were Pagano, I'd tell the team to quit football while you have your health intact.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:48 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Have either of them bothered to explain why it matters that people shouldn't use something to motive themselves? Does either of them understand the concept of motivation? Does Dan shit on baseball players for all of their ridiculous superstitions? Will I ever stop asking questions?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:51 pm 

Now he is "bothered" by people being motivated and is shrieking about it.

This isn't an act, folks.

PTFB.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:51 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:
Have either of them bothered to explain why it matters that people shouldn't use something to motive themselves? Does either of them understand the concept of motivation? Does Dan shit on baseball players for all of their ridiculous superstitions? Will I ever stop asking questions?

The explanation is that the Lance Armstrong story is essentially over and they need a new road to drive this car down.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:52 pm 

That's BS. There's 1800 people in Earlville.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:56 pm 

For as aggravated as I get when Dan takes positions on things as stupid as this this show is still 10x better than those inane chuckle-fucks up the dial. That gives me a sad.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:59 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:
For as aggravated as I get when Dan takes positions on things as stupid as this this show is still 10x better than those inane chuckle-fucks up the dial. That gives me a sad.

That's like saying, "Oh wow, this rusty screwdriver that's stuck in my chest really sucks but at least I didn't get eating alive by a pack of zombies like poor Bob did!"

Different degrees of horrible.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:00 pm 

SomeGuy wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

That's like saying, "Oh wow, this rusty screwdriver that's stuck in my chest really sucks but at least I didn't get eating alive by a pack of zombies like poor Bob did!"

Different degrees of horrible.

That's why that realization gave me a sad.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Sausage
Does Abatacola really think the speech pattern on the sports minutes is funny? The topics may be humorous, but he read's it in such a stupid fashion I don't even know what the hell he's saying cause I sit in anger SMH over the try hard speech pattern!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:04 pm 

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
cluv8484 wrote:
Yikes...the B&B sports minute is too try hard.....k i'm done bitching

I don't find it particularly funny.

Yeah, it's like a one-note mult. Really funny the first time but, much like Ron Santo, no legs.

The problem is it isn't really a parody. There really isn't anybody that does a minute like that. He's just being stupid for a minute. So, since he's not really doing a parody, there's no new material to make fun of.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
cluv8484 wrote:
Bernstein should be torched here....basically saying inspiration can't be proven by stats/facts thus it's not true.....people can't be motivate or inspired by situations in his world....

Do you think the people from Camp One Step ever listen to the show, especially segments like this, and wonder why the hell this twit is part of their organization?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:08 pm 

cluv8484 wrote:
Does Abatacola really think the speech pattern on the sports minutes is funny? The topics may be humorous, but he read's it in such a stupid fashion I don't even know what the hell he's saying cause I sit in anger SMH over the try hard speech pattern!

I've got to believe that someone at CBS is going to realize how terrible these Sports Minutes spots are and do away with them entirely. Is this just being done to raise awareness of CBS' new sports radio network? If so this is a terrible way to go about doing it, though maybe not because the majority of people who listen to sports radio are fucking stupid and probably enjoy this garbage. I suppose you'll no one has ever gone broke underestimating a sports talk radio fan's intelligence.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:11 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
cluv8484 wrote:

Do you think the people from Camp One Step ever listen to the show, especially segments like this, and wonder why the hell this twit is part of their organization?

I don't think it matters as Dan has been granted the power to deny entry into the camp for any child who is suspected of being motivated by something other than science.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:13 pm 

Strong Point Quesy.....hmm

Scenario: Someones parent was pursuing a dream, got sick of cancer before it could be achieved, and then the daughter/son was inspired to follow the parents footsteps to achieve said dream...

Tery and Dan: "Wow what an idiot the kid is?! He wasn't inspired!!! Did the parent's death make his brain process information better/ provide better artistic creativity/ provide better athleticism to succeed in sport""" SMH

They're particularly assholes today....Terry maybe even more so

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:16 pm 

Hey guys, I would just like to plug Dan's charity for a minute.

http://www.onestepcamp.org/about-us/

Quote:
Children's Oncology Services, Inc. (COSI) believes that a diagnosis of cancer should not prevent a child from experiencing the simple joys of childhood.

Through the magic of childhood experiences, we help kids diagnosed with cancer reclaim their lives. Our programs offer participants:

diversion from their illness
opportunities for success and control
friendship and unconditional acceptance from those who understand
information, answers and validation
reasons to adopt a positive, "fighting" attitude
something to look forward to
memories that comfort when times are hard
hope for the future

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:18 pm 

cluv8484 wrote:
Tery and Dan: "Wow what an idiot the kid is?! He wasn't inspired!!! Did the parent's death make his brain process information better/ provide better artistic creativity/ provide better athleticism to succeed in sport""" SMH]

This is what is so fundamentally stupid about their argument. Has anyone ever went jogging while listening to music and found it easier to push through a run because you weren't focusing on how tired you were but on something else entirely? I don't see why they can't grasp a concept as simple as that. You aren't necessarily being "motivated" by the song but your brain is distracted from what the rest of your body is telling you. If any of you here are neuroscientists I think you need to call in and explain this to them.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:22 pm 

The show is in the process of hitting rock bottom both thematically and content wise.

Today's show is truly something terrible.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Momentum doesn't exist, nor does team chemistry, hitting coaches, trying harder, being clutch, or winning in the regular season. If you view sports from their perspective, it's no longer fun. Thus, I choose to be a meatball and enjoy sports for what it is, entertainment. And that might mean I get wrapped up in the excitement of say, Jeremy Lin and other feel good stories even when they're fleeting.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:28 pm 

That was the most B&B email of all time. The guy used (incorrectly) unfalsifiable, narrative, and some other buzzword I don't remember all in the same sentence.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:32 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Didn't listen to this horseshit and I'm glad I didn't. I think I'm taking a break from this show for a while.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:36 pm 

Funny when this thread was started, I thought the title was a joke.....unfortunately the show today is brutal and has me worked up/angry