It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 9:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:53 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
1- Cutler concussion....CTE talk and yelling at callers who don't take the discussion seriously enough.

2- NBC and the NFL had the gall to pander to the stupid and honor a 94 year old vet of WWII and to honor all who serve in the military. If you liked that, you are a stupid idiot. I'm guessing they don't have the balls to go there though. Happy Veterans Day!

Matt Bowen cock sucking at 4pm. Drinky trying to be funny but failing miserably throughout.

Tune in, or don't. They don't care.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:00 pm 

Quote:
Dan Bernstein ‏@dan_bernstein
Win/loss doesn't feel like a big deal right now. #Cutler's down, and has a long history of concussions. #Bears

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Nothing about this game is going to get me to listen to "Bears Monday" tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:23 pm 

Don't forget. Football should always be played in a dome to make every game be in the exact same conditions with the exact same style.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Tony Weed's
1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
The first half of the season was a lie.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:39 pm 

Quote:
Column coming on Chris Collinsworth. His casual treatment of concussion is far off the NFL's message. Especially today. #Bears

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
I will continue to not listen.

And I will be happy.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:48 pm 

conns7901 wrote:
Quote:
Column coming on Chris Collinsworth. His casual treatment of concussion is far off the NFL's message. Especially today. #Bears

Ugh. Given the events of tonight's big game, that is totally what the Chicago sports consumer wants to read about.

#preachonbrotherdan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:49 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
~ Let's Write Bernstein's Column ~

Quote:
Bernstein: Be Bear-Ful What You Wish For

So.

You wanted it, you got it.

You, the Chicago sports fan, the one who doesn't realize that the Superfans of Saturday Night Live by way of the Second City are not the loving homage they're fallaciously perceived to be but rather a pointed critique ably employing the historically honed rapier of satire, got your Bear Weather.

And the only thing that the rain and mud, which allegedly forged the greatness of George Halas, Dick Butkus, and sundry ghosts of white people whose value to Chicago sports is as tragically misrecognized in its supremacist overtones as the so-called legends of hockey, sculpted in tonight's sodden kiln was another loss under the lights, and not just a loss in the standings but a loss at the most critical position in this or any sport.

The rainfall, despite its cinematic connotations -- reminiscent of the years we spent watching NFL Films highlight reels as large men conquered large adversity on small screens -- brought down with it not gridiron glory but pigskin pity, mucking up the finely calibrated motors of the Bears' Cover 2 engine and softening up the track for their thoroughbred quarterback. All the while, you, the Chicago sports fan, reveled in your rain, championing yourselves for overcoming the elements as a badge of civic pride, as if precipitation is believed to terminate roughly north of Indianapolis and east of Des Moines.

It's as easy and lazy for you to wrap yourself in storm clouds with the well-worn refrain of "bad weather helps the worse team" as it is for the otherwise ever-innovative veterans of the NBC crew to fall back on their B-roll footage of Art Institute lions and Chicago-style hot dogs being grilled for the masses. The truth is, however, that bad weather hurts the team running the Cover 2, with its reliance on execution, finesse, and landmarks -- and not the ones you see coming out of breaks as Al and Cris make their quotidian idle chitchat.

Worst of all, the poor field condition -- an all-too-common problem for years with Soldier Field, attributed as much to the Chicago Park District (and forces behind them, for the conspiratorial among us) as to the McCaskeys -- may have cost the Bears their quarterback, not just for the second half, but possibly the rest of the season, if not longer. As Jay Cutler's Vanderbilt brain browns and browns, we could see his skill set erode, most frighteningly as a precursor to his very humanity.

So you, the Bear Weather believer, take inventory of what has been brought down upon you. Think about the solid footing that you -- and the Bears -- have sacrificed in the stormclouds as you wash the clumps of wet earth from your shoes. As you wring out your socks, take a moment to think of the "bell ringing" suffered by Jay Cutler, and how it isn't merely "having his bell rung" at all. And as you warm back up with a cup of hot chocolate, think of how bittersweet it is to go forward into some very dark skies indeed, as games with the 49ers, Seahawks, and Vikings loom large on the horizon. Maybe then, you, the Chicago sports fan who outwardly sings paeans to his deep-dish pizza while silently yearning for authentic New York slices, will realize that your vaunted Bear Weather has rained you out. Next time you purport to support the local team and its finely-tuned defensive machine, hope for a sunny day.

We could all use some sunshine now.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Lanny Poffo's Sausage and More
New narrative tomorrow.

THE...BEARS...NEED...TO...THINK...ABOUT...GIVING....JAY....CUTLER....ANOTHER....CONTRACT.

Hampton, Holmes, and Adamle just came on my TV. I switched to Criminal Minds momentarily. Fewer potential serial killers.

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:01 am 

Drop In wrote:
New narrative tomorrow.

THE...BEARS...NEED...TO...THINK...ABOUT...GIVING....JAY....CUTLER....ANOTHER....CONTRACT.

Hampton, Holmes, and Adamle just came on my TV. I switched to Criminal Minds momentarily. Fewer potential serial killers.

Potentially.

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:03 am 

Great Job Curious Hair

The Alabama QB threw the pick after a helmet to helmet collision.

I think Ill tweet that to Dan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:19 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Terry's Peeps wrote:
I will continue to not listen.

And I will be happy.

This.

Also Berns wasted no time in publishing his latest CONCUSSIONS, LOOK AND SEE, I WAS RIGHT ABOUT THEM editorial. Prepare for an entire fucking WEEK of sneering CTE bilge.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:07 am 

Bernstein's article criticizing Collinsworth is way off the mark.

All due to Collinsworth saying "clear the cobwebs out"?

Has Bernstein's concussion crusade somehow made him believe there is no such thing as getting stunned?

Furthermore, even if it is a concussion, is what Collinsworth said wrong?

He's supposed to comment on what he sees on the field, not what he thinks should happen.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:22 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
rogers park bryan wrote:
Has Bernstein's concussion crusade somehow made him believe there is no such thing as getting stunned?

BRAINS!!! BRAINS!!

There will be much yelling of the word "brains" today.

Personally, I think Cutler should just shake it off and get back out there. He's got a week. I'll hang up and listen for my answer.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:36 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
hiram wrote:
LOL. Good stuff.

With October over, the breast cancer pandering is over so today it's veteran pander time.

Glad I am not the only one who is sick of all the pink.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:36 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Probably too busy to be mentioned today but keep an eye out for this (and perhaps a bit of girlish tittering from Dan) in the next day or so: http://www.tmz.com/2012/11/12/elmo-kevi ... legations/

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:41 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Franky T wrote:
1- Cutler concussion....CTE talk and yelling at callers who don't take the discussion seriously enough.

2- NBC and the NFL had the gall to pander to the stupid and honor a 94 year old vet of WWII and to honor all who serve in the military. If you liked that, you are a stupid idiot. I'm guessing they don't have the balls to go there though. Happy Veterans Day!

Matt Bowen cock sucking at 4pm. Drinky trying to be funny but failing miserably throughout.

Tune in, or don't. They don't care.

With nods to the wonderful work that Curious Hair, Speeps and just the work that others put in creating the threads for the B&B show, this one is right at the top . Nailed it.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:13 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Curious Hair wrote:
~ Let's Write Bernstein's Column ~

Quote:
Bernstein: Be Bear-Ful What You Wish For

So.

You wanted it, you got it.

You, the Chicago sports fan, the one who doesn't realize that the Superfans of Saturday Night Live by way of the Second City are not the loving homage they're fallaciously perceived to be but rather a pointed critique ably employing the historically honed rapier of satire, got your Bear Weather.

And the only thing that the rain and mud, which allegedly forged the greatness of George Halas, Dick Butkus, and sundry ghosts of white people whose value to Chicago sports is as tragically misrecognized in its supremacist overtones as the so-called legends of hockey, sculpted in tonight's sodden kiln was another loss under the lights, and not just a loss in the standings but a loss at the most critical position in this or any sport.

The rainfall, despite its cinematic connotations -- reminiscent of the years we spent watching NFL Films highlight reels as large men conquered large adversity on small screens -- brought down with it not gridiron glory but pigskin pity, mucking up the finely calibrated motors of the Bears' Cover 2 engine and softening up the track for their thoroughbred quarterback. All the while, you, the Chicago sports fan, reveled in your rain, championing yourselves for overcoming the elements as a badge of civic pride, as if precipitation is believed to terminate roughly north of Indianapolis and east of Des Moines.

It's as easy and lazy for you to wrap yourself in storm clouds with the well-worn refrain of "bad weather helps the worse team" as it is for the otherwise ever-innovative veterans of the NBC crew to fall back on their B-roll footage of Art Institute lions and Chicago-style hot dogs being grilled for the masses. The truth is, however, that bad weather hurts the team running the Cover 2, with its reliance on execution, finesse, and landmarks -- and not the ones you see coming out of breaks as Al and Cris make their quotidian idle chitchat.

Worst of all, the poor field condition -- an all-too-common problem for years with Soldier Field, attributed as much to the Chicago Park District (and forces behind them, for the conspiratorial among us) as to the McCaskeys -- may have cost the Bears their quarterback, not just for the second half, but possibly the rest of the season, if not longer. As Jay Cutler's Vanderbilt brain browns and browns, we could see his skill set erode, most frighteningly as a precursor to his very humanity.

So you, the Bear Weather believer, take inventory of what has been brought down upon you. Think about the solid footing that you -- and the Bears -- have sacrificed in the stormclouds as you wash the clumps of wet earth from your shoes. As you wring out your socks, take a moment to think of the "bell ringing" suffered by Jay Cutler, and how it isn't merely "having his bell rung" at all. And as you warm back up with a cup of hot chocolate, think of how bittersweet it is to go forward into some very dark skies indeed, as games with the 49ers, Seahawks, and Vikings loom large on the horizon. Maybe then, you, the Chicago sports fan who outwardly sings paeans to his deep-dish pizza while silently yearning for authentic New York slices, will realize that your vaunted Bear Weather has rained you out. Next time you purport to support the local team and its finely-tuned defensive machine, hope for a sunny day.

We could all use some sunshine now.

You know it's bad when I'm not sure if this is danny's real column or a pointed critique ably employing the historically honed rapier of satire by Curious Hair.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:14 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
"And Jesus wept....."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:14 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
badrogue17 wrote:
With nods to the wonderful work that Curious Hair, Speeps and just the work that others put in creating the threads for the B&B show

:cry:

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:21 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Today will most likely be bad radio, but with nothing to do at work, I will probably torture myself and listen.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:08 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Bernstein is very media savvy and understands how to generate page views. The Cutler concussion provided the perfect opportunity to stand on his CTE soapbox. The logical target to roast would have been the Bears trainers/coaches. But criticizing the Bears coaches/trainers for allowing Cutler to continue playing after the hit is uncontroversial. Blowing a throwaway observation by Collinsworth out of proportion was the perfect way generate interest. Bernsy knows he's a smug asshole and people will read his terrible thoughts to deconstruct and disprove them. I'm guilty of being curious to how awful the article would be and reading it. :(

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:13 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
With nods to the wonderful work that Curious Hair, Speeps and just the work that others put in creating the threads for the B&B show

:cry:

SHARK wrote:
Titles are the hardest.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:17 am 

My title was great.

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:24 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Curious Hair .... that's just a somethin' right there .... I don't have the words, 'cause you pretty much stole them all.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:42 am 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
That was perfect, CH.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:44 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Welcome to the Curious Hair Era.

ThatGuy is the next big thing.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:52 am 

*sigh*

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:54 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Welcome to the Curious Hair Era.
An era of hockey loving and college sports hating is inevitable.