It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:01 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Someone should call up and ask if Dan is aware of what the Bears refer to as "The 4th phase" and what it implies.

Dan, do you think our collective will helped Jay complete that third and long last night? I'll hang up and listen to your answer.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:02 pm 
1000 CLUB

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Someone should call up and ask if Dan is aware of what the Bears refer to as "The 4th phase" and what it implies.

He would just say it's the Bears pandering to their dumb ass white fans so they think they are a part of things. That the dumb white people who attend these games need to think that they matter cuz they all have pathetic lives. That the Bears know this so they do a stupid "4th phase" thing to make the fans feel important when all the Bears really care about is taking their ticket and concession money from what they regard as stupid suckers. That, in fact, they're just a bunch of dumb, fat people watching a game. Nothing more. Nothing less. At the end of the game all of these stupid people will go back to their stupid lives and go back to being insignificant and an overall burden to society because they are dumb and fat. That these people will go on to raise fat and stupid children that will eventually go on to be a burden to his children. And those fat and stupid children will go on to raise fat and stupid children that will be a burden to his grandchildren.

That's what Bernstein would say.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Beardown wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

He would just say it's the Bears pandering to their dumb ass white fans so they think they are a part of things. That the dumb white people who attend these games need to think that they matter cuz they all have pathetic lives. That the Bears know this so they do a stupid "4th phase" thing to make the fans feel important when all the Bears really care about is taking their ticket and concession money from what they regard as stupid suckers. That, in fact, they're just a bunch of dumb, fat people watching a game. Nothing more. Nothing less. At the end of the game all of these stupid people will go back to their stupid lives and go back to being insignificant and an overall burden to society because they are dumb and fat. That these people will go on to raise fat and stupid children that will eventually go on to be a burden to his children. And those fat and stupid children will go on to raise fat and stupid children that will be a burden to his grandchildren.

I fear for his son, and the upbringing he is getting.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:26 pm 

bioya wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I fear for his son, and the upbringing he is getting.

What? Why? Dan's an educated dork. He likes sports (assuming he does in real life, as his anger towards them (and it's fans) certainly is loud and proud on the radio.) He provides for his family. He's the typical white guy who gets a hard-on by being able to recite hip hop history and to talk about his time in the gym. He can be incredibly grating and annoying, but in the grand scheme of parenting how could you possibly "fear" for his son....even if you typed that with some amount of hyperbole? It just doesn't make sense.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Yeah, I was gonna type a response but I was at a loss. Good job Harry.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:47 pm 

Just if he brings even a smidgen of his style of social interaction back home with him, the kid is going to not know how to behave around others. There is no chance that 100% of his opinions he spouts into the microphone is all act. He believes a whole lot of it and I just hope he doesn't teach the same jerkiness to his kid.

But then we already know he is a hypocrite about CTE discussions and letting his kid play hockey. So... maybe he is 100% opposite at home, one can only hope.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:50 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
I hope you're prepared to get knock the F out. It's coming.......

Huh?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:20 pm 

you know what'd be fun? call in as a duke fan and keep saying "we" as you ask dan a bunch of questions..."hey dan, what'd you think of our game against kentucky? you believe that? did we flop like calipari said? dan, you think we can win the whole thing this year?"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:29 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
W_Z wrote:
you know what'd be fun? call in as a duke fan and keep saying "we" as you ask dan a bunch of questions..."hey dan, what'd you think of our game against kentucky? you believe that? did we flop like calipari said? dan, you think we can win the whole thing this year?"

Dan has said dozens of times that college basketball fans should only be college students, that and Dan hates college basketball, so I'm pretty sure whoever dared call in to say such a thing would receive quite the tongue lashing from Mr. Bernstein.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
bioya wrote:
Just if he brings even a smidgen of his style of social interaction back home with him, the kid is going to not know how to behave around others. There is no chance that 100% of his opinions he spouts into the microphone is all act. He believes a whole lot of it and I just hope he doesn't teach the same jerkiness to his kid.

But then we already know he is a hypocrite about CTE discussions and letting his kid play hockey. So... maybe he is 100% opposite at home, one can only hope.

Nobody ... NOBODY ... is interested in reading what you may or may not think about how he raises his kids. You're essentially an asswipe for even posting anything like that. His kids aren't going to suffer or whatever the hell you're trying to convey.

Want to say Dan's a dick? You'll find plenty of those to join the chorus (virtually all of us at one point or another).

But leave the family angle completely the fuck out of it.

Now, that's the end of that.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:43 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:
W_Z wrote:

Dan has said dozens of times that college basketball fans should only be college students, that and Dan hates college basketball, so I'm pretty sure whoever dared call in to say such a thing would receive quite the tongue lashing from Mr. Bernstein.

exactly! the point is, bernstein went to duke.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
W_Z wrote:

That would be a something.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:52 am 

pizza_Place: Caseys
bioya wrote:

What the fuck are you saying? His act on the radio has some effect on how he raises his children? You are way off base and out of your mind. I would bet Dans children are well behaved well educated and polite kids. Pardon my punctuation. The radio thing is a bit ;a show if you will. Terry and Dan do a show. They say things to get a reaction. They act the jerks to get a reaction. It works. WTF do you think they have been a team and on for so long? For chrissakes get a clue.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:06 am 

So, when he brings up a dumb anecdote about his son on the air, can I have an opinion on that?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:13 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
bioya wrote:
So, when he brings up a dumb anecdote about his son on the air, can I have an opinion on that?

You can have whatever opinion you like .... just because you have one doesn't mean you have to express it, though.

Though, if you get tired of him bringing up his kid, I think most of us will at least agree that it can very easily wander towards tedious listening. But by the same token, if I've got kids and a microphone, I'm sure I'll tell a few tales from time to time because that's pretty much normal - the audience size may not be, but the sentiment is.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:04 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Don Tiny wrote:
But by the same token, if I've got kids and a microphone,

Don, I wish you had two turntables and a microphone.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:07 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Tad Queasy wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
But by the same token, if I've got kids and a microphone,

Don, I wish you had two turntables and a microphone.

:lol: I'm glad I wasn't the only one.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:16 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Keeping Score wrote:
I like stories about his kids in small doses. Though he does seem to bring up his son an inordinate amount of times as opposed to his daughter.

I've noticed that too. Maybe she isnt down with sports at all...

Simmons talks about his daughter all the time.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:00 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
I like stories about his kids in small doses. Though he does seem to bring up his son an inordinate amount of times as opposed to his daughter.

Dahl talking about his family was fun.

Dan talking about his family seems self indulgent.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:43 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
It used to be cute, but now that we're to believe the kid himself talks exactly like Dan Bernstein, it's less cute.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5