It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:55 pm 

Helpful hint for potential callers: If you don't want Bernstein to go crazy on you, start your call stating you are a doctor, lawyer, or you work with child protective services. He will almost always agree with you.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
I don't really think Speigs "won" the argument, but as has been said, he out Bernsteined Danny so he came out ahead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Cynical Snarky Jag is my new moniker.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:37 pm 

Caller asks Terry for a reason, and he replies "Oh my god, you're an idiot, too!" Nice reason, TB.

Why is McGwire a "disgrace to the game" considering virtually the entire league was on something?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:38 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Well I am glad "Terry's Guy" cleared it up for me... Shane McKellan or however its spelled is in a bad mess. He just wanted to say that now not when "his guy" told him that. Why am I addicted to listening to this shit pile? Its my only sports island as I an relocated and MVP is nothing. I am so terribly disappointed.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:40 pm 

Terry knew it earlier in the week but forgot to bring it up :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Both Dan and Terry's problem is they go from zero to completely fucking indignant instantaneously.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:51 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
redskingreg wrote:
Terry knew it earlier in the week but forgot to bring it up :lol:

Well he got burned the last time he "broke" a story so maybe he's trying to play it safe.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:25 pm 

I don't think Matt "won" anything in this. Both didn't back down, both didn't change their tune. I happen to agree with Bernsie, that the whole "We're going to be better because we're playing for our cancer patient" friend/co-worker/coach is just not true. The Colts might be rallying around Pagano, but they also haven't played a juggernaut like the Patriots.

Spiegs likes to go for a quick shot at someone now and then, as to justify his man card, but beyond that?

If he didn't listen to B&B, and how Dan is consistent on his point, then he shouldn't comment on Dan's attitude.

Might be that Spiegs got in a good shots at Bersnie, but he certainly didn't "win" anything.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
The Meatpants ass licking is out of control. I'm surprised all of you haven't gone out and bought a god damn sling box already.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
The Meatpants ass licking is out of control. I'm surprised all of you haven't gone out and bought a god damn sling box already.

What do I do with all these remotes?!?!?!?!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Frontman wrote:
I don't think Matt "won" anything in this. Both didn't back down, both didn't change their tune. I happen to agree with Bernsie, that the whole "We're going to be better because we're playing for our cancer patient" friend/co-worker/coach is just not true. The Colts might be rallying around Pagano, but they also haven't played a juggernaut like the Patriots.

Spiegs likes to go for a quick shot at someone now and then, as to justify his man card, but beyond that?

If he didn't listen to B&B, and how Dan is consistent on his point, then he shouldn't comment on Dan's attitude.

Might be that Spiegs got in a good shots at Bersnie, but he certainly didn't "win" anything.

Another BernSTINE lover getting drunk on revisionist history!

Seek help!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:51 pm 

Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
Meatpants is the worst...he's just less worst today.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Frontman wrote:

I have yet too see written anywhere that anyone has said that the Colts are a "better team" because their coach has cancer. I think the point that has been made, and misconstrued and twisted by Bernstein for his own purposes, is that the Colts have been inspired by the situation with their coach, and have played better because of this inspiration. Neither of these two points are unusual or deserving of the mocking that Bernstein gives them. Most who have played sports, especially a physical sport like football, realize that there is such a thing as "fire" and "passion", and these elements can make the difference between getting your ass kicked or kicking someone's ass. It's a fine line, but totally within the realm to think that the Colts are playing harder and as a result - better - because of this inspiration.

So what the fuck is wrong with this? Anyone who mocks a person's source of inspiration is an uninspired piece of crap who only likes to dump on positive situations...kinda like Bernstein.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:16 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
Both Dan and Terry's problem is they go from zero to completely fucking indignant instantaneously.

They really should post here. They would feel comfortable.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:17 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
:lol: :lol: Gottlieb - Oh yeah, I forgot Tom Brady was good yesterday. My bad!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Duneland Pizza
Both resorted to name-calling, which made both look pretty childish. Make a point and stick with it -- don't use names to strengthen your case.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
I didn't think Gottlieb was that bad before he got ESPN'ed. Now he's horrible.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:02 pm 

Sum1Here wrote:
Frontman wrote:

I have yet too see written anywhere that anyone has said that the Colts are a "better team" because their coach has cancer. I think the point that has been made, and misconstrued and twisted by Bernstein for his own purposes, is that the Colts have been inspired by the situation with their coach, and have played better because of this inspiration. Neither of these two points are unusual or deserving of the mocking that Bernstein gives them. Most who have played sports, especially a physical sport like football, realize that there is such a thing as "fire" and "passion", and these elements can make the difference between getting your ass kicked or kicking someone's ass. It's a fine line, but totally within the realm to think that the Colts are playing harder and as a result - better - because of this inspiration.

So what the fuck is wrong with this? Anyone who mocks a person's source of inspiration is an uninspired piece of crap who only likes to dump on positive situations...kinda like Bernstein.

What everyone is missing is Bernstein saying its one thing to rally around a cause, its another to say that cause is why you did better. You might of tried harder, but that doesn't always equal playing better.

And no, I'm not a Bernstein supporter. I think in this case, Speigs went fishing for an argument and got one. As Brian's Mojito pointed out, it quickly resorted to name calling and back handed comments, then all of a sudden they were buddy buddy a few minutes later. It wasn't staged, but it was just a case of BOTH guys going for a reaction, and getting an over-reaction.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Frontman wrote:
Sum1Here wrote:
Frontman wrote:

What everyone is missing is Bernstein saying its one thing to rally around a cause, its another to say that cause is why you did better. You might of tried harder, but that doesn't always equal playing better.

And no, I'm not a Bernstein supporter. I think in this case, Speigs went fishing for an argument and got one. As Brian's Mojito pointed out, it quickly resorted to name calling and back handed comments, then all of a sudden they were buddy buddy a few minutes later. It wasn't staged, but it was just a case of BOTH guys going for a reaction, and getting an over-reaction.

Frontman, I think you're being blinded by Bernstein love right now...

Your statement that a "cause" can't equate to you playing/performing better is absolutely ludicrous. A "cause" is a source for inspiration. Inspiration can be a source for improved performance. Inspiration can come from many things, such as your life being threatened by someone, or better yet, someone you love who's life is being threatened. This inspiration can cause a normal person to do extra-normal things. This can't be disputed because most people have experienced this. To shit all over this concept is exactly what Spiegs was trying to convey to Bernstein as being idiotic. I don't know how anyone can disagree that inspiration can make you perform better.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
Frontman wrote:

Defending Dan's latest bit of shameless trolling by saying someone else is fishing for an argument is a regular LOLapalooza.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:06 pm 

Dave In Champaign wrote:
Frontman wrote:

Defending Dan's latest bit of shameless trolling by saying someone else is fishing for an argument is a regular LOLapalooza.

What are you talking about? Dan has said repeatedly that he doesn't even know what trolling is. :wink:

Edit: Just listed to the entire transition. Dan knew exactly what he was doing, he knew that Mac's show has a generally positive outlook and he brought up the Chuck Pagano stuff by himself, looking to get into an argument.

His anger over the Pagano stuff changes depending on the kind of conversation he wants to have. It's either 1.) Writers are being dumb and lazy for using Pagno's cancer as a crutch whenever they talk about the season the Colts are having, or 2.) people are stupid for being inspired to play harder because someone is ill because that's something that cannot be measured and detracts from the real work that doctors do to save cancer patients.

I don't necessarily disagree with those stances either, I'm bothered by his constant harping on such an insignificant issue. It's like noticing a continuity mistake in a movie and claiming that it ruined the entire film. Dan styles himself as being above the hackery that defines much of the sportswriting industry but the pedantic deconstruction of every single point that anyone says about anything makes listening to his so far more tedious than it has any right to be.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:03 am 

pizza_Place: Duneland Pizza
Matt needs to get off the "Bernsie hates everything" trip and try to understand Berns' reasoning on a case-by-case basis.
Dan also needs to be more careful couching his point. Stating that you hope the Patriots crush the Colts because you don't like the message does make you look like an uncaring ass.
Kind of like how B and B were outraged about the Sandusky case, but still found time to joke about it.
Dan needs to rise above the jockularity in these sensitive situations.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:51 am 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
SpiralStairs wrote:
Dave In Champaign wrote:
Frontman wrote:

What are you talking about? Dan has said repeatedly that he doesn't even know what trolling is. :wink:

Edit: Just listed to the entire transition. Dan knew exactly what he was doing, he knew that Mac's show has a generally positive outlook and he brought up the Chuck Pagano stuff by himself, looking to get into an argument.

His anger over the Pagano stuff changes depending on the kind of conversation he wants to have. It's either 1.) Writers are being dumb and lazy for using Pagno's cancer as a crutch whenever they talk about the season the Colts are having, or 2.) people are stupid for being inspired to play harder because someone is ill because that's something that cannot be measured and detracts from the real work that doctors do to save cancer patients.

I don't necessarily disagree with those stances either, I'm bothered by his constant harping on such an insignificant issue. It's like noticing a continuity mistake in a movie and claiming that it ruined the entire film. Dan styles himself as being above the hackery that defines much of the sportswriting industry but the pedantic deconstruction of every single point that anyone says about anything makes listening to his so far more tedious than it has any right to be.

It's not that Dan is a cynic or pessimist. A lot of people, enough people, anyway, love a curmudgeon. It's that he is so gleefully pessimistic, so quick and eager to find the downside, that is offputting.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:02 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
RFDC wrote:
So meatpants finally won one against Bernsie. What does that make him now, like 1 for 45?

It's much closer to 40 for 45. Meat has way more logical sports thoughts than Bernsie does. He just needs to be more confident in them and go after Berns more the way he apparently did yesterday. The times I have heard them go at it, Bernsie loses. He's terrible at arguing when someone is prepared to call out his bullshit and given adequete air time to do it.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:04 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
:thumleft:

FavreFan is now my second favorite poster.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:14 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Terry's Peeps wrote:
:thumleft:

FavreFan is now my second favorite poster.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:17 am 

FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:
So meatpants finally won one against Bernsie. What does that make him now, like 1 for 45?

It's much closer to 40 for 45. Meat has way more logical sports thoughts than Bernsie does. He just needs to be more confident in them and go after Berns more the way he apparently did yesterday. The times I have heard them go at it, Bernsie loses. He's terrible at arguing when someone is prepared to call out his bullshit and given adequete air time to do it.

I think this has a lot to do with what Sam said above. It's not hard to "beat" someone in an argument when what the other person is arguing for is completely ridiculous. Dan hoping that the Pats win in order to defeat the Pagano narrative is just as meatbally as hoping the Bears beat the Lions because Ndamukong Suh is a dirty player, the only difference is that Dan's hope occupies a much higher realm of douchebaggary.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:47 pm 

Quote:
Dan Bernstein ‏@dan_bernstein
Big thanks to @RaymondJames for hosting today's @onestepcamp all-day strategy meetings. Building our future for helping kids with cancer.

Why do these kids need anything other than science to tell them if they will get better? :roll:

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:16 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
He is just mad that Onestep didn't dream up yellow rubber bands. What a tool.