It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:34 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
badrogue17 wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Zack is a very proud guy. He thinks of himself as the foremost authority on Bears football as far as Bears beat guys in this city. He's not. But you won't convince him otherwise.

When B&B challenge his dumb Bears thoughts or ridicule him he gets very angered by that. It hurts him. He feels he should be respected. He won't get that from B&B. They take his "King of Bears media" crown, piss in it and hand it back to him saying "Thanks Zack, any nuggets?" :lol:

Too bad they werent as dismissive to their erstwhile Bulls expert when he was employed by the station.

I'm still waiting for that imminent Bosh/Wade manwich
n Chicago. The brilliant technicality is that he never said when.... it could be an old-timer's game in 2037.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:40 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Bernsie hates the theme from Dallas and Terry says play it everyday... :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:56 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
9/11 was an inside job. Bye!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:57 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
Bernstein is a miserable fucker. He hates everything. Sometimes he sounds like a 75 year old man.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:44 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
A7X wrote:
Bernstein is a miserable fucker. He hates everything. Sometimes he sounds like a 75 year old man.

That's his act.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:04 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Curious Hair wrote:
When Dan talks about "his guy in Champaign," I like to imagine a soybean farmer in overalls, speaking in hushed tones in a pay phone booth. And every tip ends with "Remember, you didn't hear this from me. It would hurt Illini recruiting."

If he says the coach's name, will he immediately explode?

This is so stupid. Either tell the story or don't. If you need a 2nd source, Cronkite, you shouldn't have reported half the story to begin with.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:08 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Franky T wrote:
A7X wrote:

That's his act.

It's not an act.

And I heard a lot of Cutler hate in the last few weeks driving through America's heartland.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
A7X might also have wrote:
Don Tiny is a miserable fucker. He hates everything. Sometimes he sounds like a 75 year old man.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:14 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
If he says the coach's name, will he immediately explode?

This is so stupid. Either tell the story or don't. If you need a 2nd source, Cronkite, you shouldn't have reported half the story to begin with.
Exactly. It actually does more damage than just saying the name. I mean, if the story is that he'd be fired if Illinois could get Nick Saban everyone would understand. If the story is that he'd be fired if Illinois could get Charlie Weis everyone would think Illinois is a train wreck.

It just leads to speculation on just how bad things are for the coach there. He's going to be the rare second year lame duck coach.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Tuned in at 5:45. Why is Dan using his yokel voice to mock the Dolphins' announcers who commented on the sprinklers going off during the game? I don't think any other announcers would have reacted any differently than they did. It's kind of an unusual thing to happen during a game.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Don Tiny wrote:
Don Tiny is a miserable fucker. He hates everything. Sometimes he sounds like a 75 year old man.

Yeah, but you're not quite 75 years old, right?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:15 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
Tuned in at 5:45. Why is Dan using his yokel voice to mock the Dolphins' announcers who commented on the sprinklers going off during the game? I don't think any other announcers would have reacted any differently than they did. It's kind of an unusual thing to happen during a game.

Especially when he praised the Miami announcers for keeping their cosmopolitan cool during that F-bomb while the Indy guy was all "oh muh gawd hope muh daughters didn't hear that!"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:39 pm 

I figured the name Dan didn't want to say was Dave Doeren. When he equivocates like a bitch it's usually because he's being a good corporate stooge. He doesn't know shit about college football. No one is going to hire Petrino right away. I'd be very surprised if he got another job this fast. I've heard many pundits say he needs to do a year or two of penance before he becomes employable by an athletic department after the bullshit he pulled at Arkansas. And he'd never come to Illinois after his brother was shitcanned last year.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:00 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
SomeGuy wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

Yeah, but you're not quite 75 years old, right?

Medically much, much older .... that's the only hope I have to hang on to.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:40 am 
1000 CLUB

Tad Queasy wrote:

Heard that, they spent 10 minutes on that trying to be funny. I listened to most of the show, and that what was one of the worst shows I've heard in memory - just unfunny jokes/comments all afternoon. I know some here like the nonsense, but this was pretty bad.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:41 am 
1000 CLUB

Zizou wrote:
I figured the name Dan didn't want to say was Dave Doeren. When he equivocates like a bitch it's usually because he's being a good corporate stooge. He doesn't know shit about college football. No one is going to hire Petrino right away. I'd be very surprised if he got another job this fast. I've heard many pundits say he needs to do a year or two of penance before he becomes employable by an athletic department after the bullshit he pulled at Arkansas. And he'd never come to Illinois after his brother was shitcanned last year.

Why report a scoop without being able to report the scoop?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:02 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Dave In Champaign wrote:
The only thing that "stings" about Costas is his ability to continue poisoning the national consciousness with his crap about how sports were better when the world was sepia-toned and only white guys were allowed to play. Seems to me he'd be exactly the kind of guy Dan hates, but maybe they're both on the board of the National Racial-Coding Sports Roundtable or something.

They both come from the same school of phony intellectualism- and I don't mean Duke or Syracuse. The major difference I see between the two is that Costas actually enjoys sports.

Up too late reading the Mr. Destructo archives and happened upon this, had to bump the thread:

http://www.mrdestructo.com/2011/09/beau ... -2011.html
Quote:
Brees wasn't the most egregious interview in the whole pregame, with master of sanctimonies Bob Costas facing off with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell. For someone who I suspect has a giant wooden bed shaped like a horse, so he can climb high atop it and sleep the sleep of the just, dreaming of beautiful worlds where everyone understands things as meaningfully as he does, Costas certainly seems to quail in the moment. He let Goodell essentially filibuster each question for as long as he liked, citing untrue statistics about fan polling data and fan desires that so wholly inverted reality to his needs that he might as well have interrupted Bob and said, "White is Purple. By the way, I sell Purple and Purple accessories." Despite his insistence to feel morally important things at you during every broadcast, Costas abdicated most almost every opportunity to ask morally challenging questions.

This would have been a great platform for challenging Goodell, but the chance passed, in part because I think that Costas is ultimately a company man, and this is time for the company to celebrate football uncritically. Also, his ability to know better than others expands in relation to the diminished size of the target. He rarely seems to lecture his betters, instead looming over those with lower Q ratings and speaking truth to the disempowered. This doesn't mean to trade in size metaphors or references to Little Man Syndrome. Rather, it's hard to shake the memory of that incendiary, iconic Bissinger-Leitch confrontation on Costas Now, where Costas again shrank in the moment and let a Pulitzer Prize winner ludicrously berate — via apples-and-oranges comparison — a lowly blogger. That the conversation was ostensibly about journalistic civility was the only thing that made it funny.

Sound like anyone we know?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:50 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Curious Hair wrote:
"There are...a lot...of things...going...on...in Chilo Rachal's...life."
"Like what."
"...I...can't say."

Our intrepid reporter, ladies and gentlemen.

if abbatacola had any balls he'd do a B&B SPORTS UPDATE and have each one start with THE SCORE'S TERRY BOERS REPORTS that there are a lot of things going on in Chilo Rachal's life, but he can't say what they are"

instead, we all are contractually obligated to lick his asshole clean for his SNL-caliber same-joke-over-and-over-and-over-sledgehammering on the sports minutes because he stammers, reads wrong, and makes stupid points. the first one or two were amusing, but now they're utterly pointless.... i let dan's fake/forced jackass heehaws throughout the whole thing do the laughing for me.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:47 am 

Hey, we never did find out what's going on in Chilo Rachal's life! And it's been alluded to several times since then!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:13 am 

sinicalypse wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
"There are...a lot...of things...going...on...in Chilo Rachal's...life."
"Like what."
"...I...can't say."

Our intrepid reporter, ladies and gentlemen.

if abbatacola had any balls he'd do a B&B SPORTS UPDATE and have each one start with THE SCORE'S TERRY BOERS REPORTS that there are a lot of things going on in Chilo Rachal's life, but he can't say what they are"

instead, we all are contractually obligated to lick his asshole clean for his SNL-caliber same-joke-over-and-over-and-over-sledgehammering on the sports minutes because he stammers, reads wrong, and makes stupid points. the first one or two were amusing, but now they're utterly pointless.... i let dan's fake/forced jackass heehaws throughout the whole thing do the laughing for me.

I would suggest reading his last two blogs on the WSCR website, I couldn't help using his voice affectations as his writing seems consistent with his attempted parody updates.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:24 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaPlace
You can keep hating on Cutler and the Bears keep losing without him.

Bring back HANIE! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:32 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Curious Hair wrote:
Up too late reading the Mr. Destructo archives...

FWIW dude is friends with Ten Foot Midget on the Twitter, which I find to be incredibly odd. Not quite sure how they know each other as Mobutu appears to be based out of the Tampa Bay area.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:01 pm 

Following, you mean? No surprise that 10FM would follow him. Smart Sportswriting™.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:08 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Curious Hair wrote:
Following, you mean? No surprise that 10FM would follow him. Smart Sportswriting™.

They both follow each other and occasionally have some back and forth. Not sure what any of it means though.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:51 am 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
Curious Hair wrote:
Up too late reading the Mr. Destructo archives and happened upon this, had to bump the thread:

http://www.mrdestructo.com/2011/09/beau ... -2011.html
Quote:
Brees wasn't the most egregious interview in the whole pregame, with master of sanctimonies Bob Costas facing off with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell. For someone who I suspect has a giant wooden bed shaped like a horse, so he can climb high atop it and sleep the sleep of the just, dreaming of beautiful worlds where everyone understands things as meaningfully as he does, Costas certainly seems to quail in the moment. He let Goodell essentially filibuster each question for as long as he liked, citing untrue statistics about fan polling data and fan desires that so wholly inverted reality to his needs that he might as well have interrupted Bob and said, "White is Purple. By the way, I sell Purple and Purple accessories." Despite his insistence to feel morally important things at you during every broadcast, Costas abdicated most almost every opportunity to ask morally challenging questions.

This would have been a great platform for challenging Goodell, but the chance passed, in part because I think that Costas is ultimately a company man, and this is time for the company to celebrate football uncritically. Also, his ability to know better than others expands in relation to the diminished size of the target. He rarely seems to lecture his betters, instead looming over those with lower Q ratings and speaking truth to the disempowered. This doesn't mean to trade in size metaphors or references to Little Man Syndrome. Rather, it's hard to shake the memory of that incendiary, iconic Bissinger-Leitch confrontation on Costas Now, where Costas again shrank in the moment and let a Pulitzer Prize winner ludicrously berate — via apples-and-oranges comparison — a lowly blogger. That the conversation was ostensibly about journalistic civility was the only thing that made it funny.

Sound like anyone we know?

Nice find. Destructo FTW.