It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:05 am 

pizza_Place: Tony Weed's
1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
I can't believe it! I tuned out long ago thinking The Bulls had this one in the bag. Did Thibs get outcoached??

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:42 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
It happens

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:39 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
in 1000 words:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:45 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
donspiracy wrote:
I can't believe it! I tuned out long ago thinking The Bulls had this one in the bag. Did Thibs get outcoached??

The Bulls players put it on autopilot in the 4th, deciding to be conservative. You could clearly see that they weren't hustling as hard, going after rebounds and loose balls, etc. Meanwhile, the Bucks bench didn't quit and decided to go balls out despite looking exhausted.

Even with a big lead, you still have to play hard. The Bulls stopped playing hard. That's pretty much it. Bulls got outscored 30 to 12 in the 4th. They didn't deserve to win that game.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:56 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
donspiracy wrote:

The Bulls players put it on autopilot in the 4th, deciding to be conservative. You could clearly see that they weren't hustling as hard, going after rebounds and loose balls, etc. Meanwhile, the Bucks bench didn't quit and decided to go balls out despite looking exhausted.

Even with a big lead, you still have to play hard. The Bulls stopped playing hard. That's pretty much it. Bulls got outscored 30 to 12 in the 4th. They didn't deserve to win that game.

Bulls' HC Tom Thibodeau has little, if any confidence in his bench. It was very curious that Thibs didn't exactly have a straight answer for why his reserves didn't see action in the 4th quarter of last night's bellyflop vs. Milwaukee. In fact, check out the end of the Bulls' box score and you'll notice 4 guys got the dreaded DNP-Coach's Decision next to their names.

Marco Belinelli
Nazr Mohammed
Vladimir Radmanovic
Marquis Teague

While it's understandable that Teague isn't playing because Thibs lacks confidence in raw 19-year old rookies, I'm starting to wonder why Radmanovic is on this roster in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:57 am 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
All part of the master plan to get a lottery pick in the upcoming draft.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:59 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Big Chicagoan wrote:

I'm sure they will FAIL in that attempt as well.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:00 am 

SHARK wrote:
donspiracy wrote:

Bulls' HC Tom Thibodeau has little, if any confidence in his bench. It was very curious that Thibs didn't exactly have a straight answer for why his reserves didn't see action in the 4th quarter of last night's bellyflop vs. Milwaukee. In fact, check out the end of the Bulls' box score and you'll notice 4 guys got the dreaded DNP-Coach's Decision next to their names.

Marco Belinelli
Nazr Mohammed
Vladimir Radmanovic
Marquis Teague

While it's understandable that Teague isn't playing because Thibs lacks confidence in raw 19-year old rookies, I'm starting to wonder why Radmanovic is on this roster in the first place.

You can't be playing 8 man rotations in November. Thibs is crazy.

Big Chicagoan wrote:

If they want to tank the season, they should be going with Teague

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:00 am 

Big Chicagoan wrote:

BC, they won't be as bad as the Wizards, who lost again last night to the Spurs. The Eastern Conference is absolutely wide open. Other than the NBA Champion Heat, I don't know who the second best team in the East is. I really don't.

Even though I give Bucks' HC Scott Skiles a lot of credit for playing his reserves in crunch time last night, Milwaukee isn't all that good. Ditto for the other teams in the Central Division, and that includes the Bulls. Someone's going to win that division, and I don't think it'll be the Bucks at the end.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:03 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Regular season wins don't matter, just ask Dan Bernstein.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:56 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Douchebag wrote:
SHARK wrote:
donspiracy wrote:

Marco Belinelli
Nazr Mohammed
Vladimir Radmanovic
Marquis Teague

You can't be playing 8 man rotations in November. Thibs is crazy.

Noah's feet are literally going to fall off by April.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
the resident NBA-savvy host will credit this to 'stuff' or 'guys', probably both.

*new LoHo section * mods learn how to merge topics * allow mods to be added to foes list * move fragility topics from DB/Shoutouts to Politics *

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:53 pm 

Reared on the Score wrote:
the resident NBA-savvy host will credit this to 'stuff' or 'guys', probably both.

bad at basketball. Unfortunately the troof.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:02 pm 

Maybe they forgot to sit around and drink coffee before the game?

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:13 pm 

conns7901 wrote:
Maybe they forgot to sit around and drink coffee before the game?
I was gonna go with exhausted from opening all that mail.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
They didn't run enough stuff in the 4th quarter.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:53 pm 

KDdidit wrote:

The "stuff" you're referring are lack of defensive stops, couldn't get to the free throw line, according to HC Tom Thibodeau in his postgame press conference. He believed that "you can lose 10 points in an NBA game in a minute. Everyone says, 'Ah, that doesn't happen.' I see it all the time."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:54 pm 

SHARK wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

The "stuff" you're referring are lack of defensive stops, couldn't get to the free throw line, according to HC Tom Thibodeau in his postgame press conference. He believed that "you can lose 10 points in an NBA game in a minute. Everyone says, 'Ah, that doesn't happen.' I see it all the time."

D'Antoni can get away with saying that. Thibs can't. His system is specifically predicated on not allowing that kind of stuff to happen.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:56 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
SHARK wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

D'Antoni can get away with saying that. Thibs can't. His system is specifically predicated on not allowing that kind of stuff to happen.

Tom Thibodeau doesn't have Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash, Dwight Howard & Pau Gasol trying to adjust to Cliff Claven, I mean Mike D'Antoni's new offense with the Lakers.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:57 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
SHARK wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

Will he be called out on that today like Del Negro was?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:59 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
SHARK wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

Guys, Tom Thibodeau isn't Vinny Del Negro either. Then again, VDN might have the best NBA team in Los Angeles right now with the Clippers. This despite the fact "B & B" have been down on Vinny since he was the Bulls' head coach for 2 seasons.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:02 pm 

SHARK wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
SHARK wrote:

Guys, Tom Thibodeau isn't Vinny Del Negro either. Then again, VDN might have the best NBA team in Los Angeles right now with the Clippers. This despite the fact "B & B" have been down on Vinny since he was the Bulls' head coach for 2 seasons.

:lol: :lol: Anyone else miss this the last couple weeks?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:09 pm 

SHARK wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
SHARK wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

Tom Thibodeau doesn't have Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash, Dwight Howard & Pau Gasol trying to adjust to Cliff Claven, I mean Mike D'Antoni's new offense with the Lakers.

I agree.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Dan Bernstein apparently supports my Noah thoughts from yesterday...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:46 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
Dan Bernstein apparently supports my Noah thoughts from yesterday...

That's not good for your case. He also equates Ben Gordon with James Harden, and thinks Atlanta is a powerhouse in the Eastern Conference.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:46 pm 

Is this the official show thread?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:49 pm 

Here we go again! Nick Friedell, the Bulls' beat reporter from ESPNChicago.com, who I follow on Twitter @ESPNChiBulls tweeted the following moments ago from Deerfield, some 16 hours or so after the Bulls' heartbreaking loss to the Bucks:

"Thibs very tight with some of his answers after practice. Still contends that Bulls have more than enough to win with."

Famous last words? Thibodeau said the same thing during the Bulls' NBA 1st Round playoff bellyflop vs. the 76ers last April.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:50 pm 

SHARK wrote:
Here we go again! Nick Friedell, the Bulls' beat reporter from ESPNChicago.com, who I follow on Twitter @ESPNChiBulls tweeted the following moments ago from Deerfield, some 16 hours or so after the Bulls' heartbreaking loss to the Bucks:

"Thibs very tight with some of his answers after practice. Still contends that Bulls have more than enough to win with."

Famous last words? Thibodeau said the same thing during the Bulls' NBA 1st Round playoff bellyflop vs. the 76ers last April.

I highly doubt it, unless he dies soon. The Bulls will not fire him this year or next.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:53 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
SHARK wrote:

I highly doubt it, unless he dies soon. The Bulls will not fire him this year or next.

Well, Thibs kept saying that when Derrick Martell Rose went down with the torn ACL and the Bulls ended up losing to Philadelphia in Round 1 of the NBA Playoffs. I don't think Thibs will lose his job anytime soon, but let's hope the loss to Milwaukee got these guys' undivided attention.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:58 pm 

SHARK wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
SHARK wrote:

Well, Thibs kept saying that when Derrick Martell Rose went down with the torn ACL and the Bulls ended up losing to Philadelphia in Round 1 of the NBA Playoffs. I don't think Thibs will lose his job anytime soon, but let's hope the loss to Milwaukee got these guys' undivided attention.

Right, I'm sure things would have worked out great if the head coach would have said "We're screwed, we have no chance", after Game 1 last season.