It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Don Tiny wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
let me be the first to say I think Love's overrated.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think he might also be the last ....

as I also said, I'd trade anybody on the Bulls to get him.

DB, give me a comparable player to Love currently in the NBA.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
The show that has basically given Lebron the title for every year in the forseeable future thinks Kevin Love makes the Bulls a legitimate title contender?

Kevin Love alone won't get the Bulls closer to where LeBron & company are at. The problem is two-fold. The Bulls are good enough right now to win the Central, but that's it. The other problem are teams that aren't in the Central such as the Knicks, Nets & Celtics. They stand in the way as much as the Heat's big three. The Pacers are in the same boat as the Bulls.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
City of Fools wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

as I also said, I'd trade anybody on the Bulls to get him.

i don't really think there is one. his skill set is pretty unique. he is as good a rebounder as anyone, you might give maybe a slight edge to varaejau or asik or someone who specializes in that for the most part but Love is a top 3 rebounder
he's can hit 3's, is a solid free throw shooter, decent passer, decent defender

who would you compare him to? his offensive game is miles ahead of Noah, varajeao, asik, etc. and Griffin for that matter

i really can't see how you can overrate someone who is pretty undeniably a top 5 player . if you were starting a team today you'd take James and Durant ahead of him, and then you could make an argument for a few other people but he's clearly in the top 5

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
The show that has basically given Lebron the title for every year in the forseeable future thinks Kevin Love makes the Bulls a legitimate title contender?

Well, the line of thinking has been you need two (2) legit superstars to seriously contend. Obviously the line of thinking "moves" some as this is the B&B show. But they have been fairly consistent on this point. I think having Love would give them a legit #2 superstar. So yeah, they contend. Not sure they win until we see who is around them.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:07 pm 

Hang on, did ANYONE here see friggin' PITBULL getting a "eh, he's ok...I like him" consensus take from old man Boers and hater Dan? Seriously, if Vegas had odds on reactions to topics I do not think that Pitbull would even be on the board..........now maybe Pickles would be.

Dan going with the "we've gone from Lovie, to Love" tagline makes me think that he carpool'd with drinky to ICB for night classes.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:14 pm 

Woof: 4:10pm an excellent Jim Rome-esque pregnant pause when producer/on-air talent drinky chimes in with a HOW? HOW? (while Terry was stammering on and on in circles about how the west (NBA) will be won)

"Why are you talking about Kevin Love, is there news?" YES! YES THERE IS NEWS! HE WENT OUT TO DINNER WITH A GUY I FOLLOW ON TWITTER AND I FOUND AN ARTICLE WHERE HE SAID HE LIKED THIBS!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Don Tiny wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

Bigfan too... :lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Bagels wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

i don't really think there is one.

I dont think there is either, and I think that's why DB was laughing.

I also would like to know who CoF thinks is comparable.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Harry Seaward wrote:
"I don't mean to overstate it, but when you're in the middle of your Championship parade and you're asked when "things started to come together", well it's this type of moment you'll be talking about."

-Dan Bernstein 12.12.12 on Kevin Love's general unhappiness and a quote about how much he appreciates how Thibs' guys all walk together, back on to the court, after a timeout.

I'm not listening, and I'm not sure I can trust your transcription, but that sounds like some real meatball shit right there.

*new LoHo section * mods learn how to merge topics * allow mods to be added to foes list * move fragility topics from DB/Shoutouts to Politics *

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:23 pm 

Reared on the Score wrote:
hat sounds like some real meatball shit right there.

Speaking of meatball. Get me Sam Smith on the phone and let's talk Love to Bulls trade possibilities.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:49 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
I gotta say this purposely being obtuse thing that both Dan and Drinky like to engage in is just annoying. That whole bit about speaking things into existence was beyond stupid. I mean a sentence is technically a thing right? Couldn't I speak a sentence into existence? This is just a long way of saying I find that particular bit overly tiresome.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:30 pm 

Ooh Hub Arkush is all ours. A titan of the sports media industry gracing us with his gridiron expertise.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
pittmike wrote:
I thought white guys can't play basketball?

Kevin Love is balck!!!! The illegitimate son of Bob Love :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Boboli
I learned today that .41% is a "significant" number!

When they were talking about the 7 NFL players that turned guns into their team officials after the Belcher incident, Dan fawned that 7 is a "significant" number. Maybe out of 10. 50? Maybe even 100? But there are 1700 players on NFL rosters right now. 7 players equals .41 percent of the total.

Now hooray for the 7 who decided they couldn't be trusted having lethal weapons around the house, but I think I'd set the threshold for "significant" higher than .41%.

Danny Get-Your-Gun. and who you crappin?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:42 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Killer V wrote:

When they were talking about the 7 NFL players that turned guns into their team officials after the Belcher incident, Dan fawned that 7 is a "significant" number. Maybe out of 10. 50? Maybe even 100? But there are 1700 players on NFL rosters right now. 7 players equals .41 percent of the total.

Now hooray for the 7 who decided they couldn't be trusted having lethal weapons around the house, but I think I'd set the threshold for "significant" higher than .41%.

In what context did he consider that number significant? He knows how much NFL players are "bout dat life" because they weren't smart enough to move out of the ghetto and were thus indoctrinated into worshiping gun culture, so he might consider the seven guys who took time off from being large and frighteningly athletic to turn in their guns as a major breakthrough.

Of course it is entirely possible that I'm talking out of my ass.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
Thank goodness those ignorant thugs have responsible, well-educated white men to collect their guns.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:19 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Why didnt they just sell them?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Boboli
SpiralStairs wrote:
Killer V wrote:

In what context did he consider that number significant? He knows how much NFL players are "bout dat life" because they weren't smart enough to move out of the ghetto and were thus indoctrinated into worshiping gun culture, so he might consider the seven guys who took time off from being large and frighteningly athletic to turn in their guns as a major breakthrough.

He was simply referring to 7 as being a significant number of people performing the act. As if he was genuinely shocked that SO many players would actually turn in their guns.

I would argue that the act itself is significant, but again, 7 out of 1700 is far from a "significant" number of participants.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Killer V wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
Killer V wrote:

He was simply referring to 7 as being a significant number of people performing the act. As if he was genuinely shocked that SO many players would actually turn in their guns.

I would argue that the act itself is significant, but again, 7 out of 1700 is far from a "significant" number of participants.

Careful ... you'd be surprised how many people don't quite (want to) understand what a "statistically insignificant" number actually indicates ......

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:55 pm 

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
As I alluded yesterday, I think B&B should go Mike & Mike style. No callers. I think they'd be happier.

No way. Some of the best moments have come from callers.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:03 am 

beni hanna wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Well, the line of thinking has been you need two (2) legit superstars to seriously contend. Obviously the line of thinking "moves" some as this is the B&B show. But they have been fairly consistent on this point. I think having Love would give them a legit #2 superstar. So yeah, they contend. Not sure they win until we see who is around them.
I understand that is normally the thinking, but they have a pretty constant "As long as Lebron is there" theme in regards to the chances of anyone to win the East.

Now, at the thought of getting Kevin Love, they are planning hypothetical championship parades. With or without Kevin Love, the Heat would stomp the Bulls because Lebron does what he wants and he can do everything Jordan did and more.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:24 pm 

beni hanna wrote:
Reared on the Score wrote:
hat sounds like some real meatball shit right there.

Speaking of meatball. Get me Sam Smith on the phone and let's talk Love to Bulls trade possibilities.

Sam Answers the question today.

Kevin love is unhappy. Can GarPax realistically make a deal to get him? I'd be all for trading anyone except Rose, amnesty Boozer in his final year, and build around Rose, Love, and hopefully another free agent.

Scott Gutmann

Sam: This is the question of the week. Love did an interview with Yahoo Sports in which he said he was disenchanted with the Timberwolves organization. Before I get to why the Bulls cannot get Love, I have to say I love these guys. Love, by all accounts, seems a solid guy. He knew the organization. If he was so unhappy why sign the deal? He could have been a free agent, but he chose to sign a four-year contract that pays $60 million. Nice gratitude. An organization commits $60 million to you and a month into the first season of the deal, and which you didn't play much being out injured, you're being treated unfairly? And the Timberwolves did something I'd never do in giving a maximum contract. They gave Love an out after the third season, which is the summer of 2015. If you give the guy maximum money you don't also give him the right to walk away. And he's still mad? And I'm not even sure he's a maximum player. He's an All-Star, sure, and an excellent player. But can he be the best player on your team to be a champion? I don't see that. He's a great position rebounder and has a good three point shot. But he's not beating you off the dribble or taking over a game. He can't be your best player, which, yes, makes him a good fit with someone like Rose. The problem is he has no leverage. He can't opt out until the summer of 2015. Just because a player expresses unhappiness you have to trade him? Ridiculous. And they won't. Love isn't about to lie down as he's a good character guy, plays for a terrific coach and is a booster of his teammates. If he quits, he hurts them. The Bulls even in the championship years had plenty of players crying about money and disrespect. Phil Jackson even felt at times that united them. Love can say all he wants, but the Timberwolves are not trading him. How would that look to their fans? And any good player they'd get they would have to pay as much and not likely have as good a player. It was different with Oklahoma City and Harden as he was approaching free agency. Love's is in almost three years. He should instead of speaking out be buying more winter coats. He's not going anywhere.