It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:53 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Was on the phone today with his Bears source, who told him he needs to tell people that Phil Emery is in full control of the organization.

Danny needs to tell everyone this? And Per Danny this is now fact?

Yet the new GM took over and made almost NO CHANGES??? He added some staff but basically has left every single person in place since he has been there?

Of course the existing scouts got bumped up in level??

Yet, when was the last time a new GM came in and EVERYONE kept their jobs???

But per Danny B, Phil is in charge?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:56 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
If this is a pic of Phil Emery,than yes,he is in charge.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:03 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Ok is the self-parody thing regarding the ?'s intentional, or not? I can't tell.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:07 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
8)
jimmypasta wrote:
If this is a pic of Phil Emery,than yes,he is in charge.

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:09 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
If Emery had the juice to get milkduds money,he would have last. Year...we will see...this season will not end good for the beats...at best they win the wildcats spot n get spanked first round....if lovie is not canned it is because Emery can't.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:46 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
312player wrote:
If Emery had the juice to get milkduds money,he would have last. Year...we will see...this season will not end good for the beats...at best they win the wildcats spot n get spanked first round....if lovie is not canned it is because Emery can't.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:33 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Beardown, I apologize for being on your case for starting unnecessary threads.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:36 am 

bigfan wrote:
Was on the phone today with his Bears source, who told him he needs to tell people that Phil Emery is in full control of the organization.

Yet the new GM took over and made almost NO CHANGES??? He added some staff but basically has left every single person in place since he has been there?

The funny thing is that Dan Bernstein also always talks about how Emery is a guy who loves scouting and is always on the road scouting.

If he's really the only one in charge, then you'd think he'd be around more.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:38 am 

bigfan wrote:

His Bears source calls him. Daily. Speaking emphatically.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:09 am 

The one who needs to be fired is Ted Phillips

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:47 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Only Phil Emery would care this much about people knowing that Phil Emery is in charge.

Bernsie Source + Phil Emery = Match

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:38 am 

Looking at the track record for sources, I have to wonder can anyone remember the last time one of his sources had it right, before or after an event?....Unlike Boers' sources who are infallible after the fact.

Cubs?...Theo having his way with Rahm and our tax dollars after meeting at congregation.
Illini?...The next coach will not be someone who his sources is very impressed with.
Bears?...Phil Emery tells the McCaskeys to know their roles and STFU.
Bulls?...
White Sox?...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:43 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
No Clever Moniker wrote:
Looking at the track record for sources, I have to wonder can anyone remember the last time one of his sources had it right, before or after an event?....Unlike Boers' sources who are infallible after the fact.

Cubs?...Theo having his way with Rahm and our tax dollars after meeting at congregation.
Illini?...The next coach will not be someone who his sources is very impressed with.
Bulls?...
White Sox?...

I believe the ink just dried on the Kerry Woods personal services contract.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:55 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Has anyone really ever seen Crane Kenny in a uniform in the office or have a pic?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:22 am 
1000 CLUB

No Clever Moniker wrote:
bigfan wrote:

His Bears source calls him. Daily. Speaking emphatically.

His Bears source seems to spend a lot of time listening and responding to fan reaction.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

1. If this source is a part of the Bears organization and calls Bernstein begging him to tell the world that Emery has total control, I automatically dismiss the source. If you are begging Bernstein to say something, it's an agenda and a lie.

2. Bernstein is playing this so he can't lose. He says if Lovie doesn't get fired after not making the playoffs in 5 of the last 6 years, it doesn't mean Emery's hand was forced. It means he likes Lovie. Bullshit. No new GM worth his salt would keep a coach he didn't hire after that coach has such a poor playoff showing and back to back late season collapses. If you are a GM of a team, you want your own hire. You sure as hell take this opportunity to fire him knowing that the old lady loves him cuz now it's justified even to her.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Beardown wrote:
1. If this source is a part of the Bears organization and calls Bernstein begging him to tell the world that Emery has total control, I automatically dismiss the source. If you are begging Bernstein to say something, it's an agenda and a lie.

2. Bernstein is playing this so he can't lose. He says if Lovie doesn't get fired after not making the playoffs in 5 of the last 6 years, it doesn't mean Emery's hand was forced. It means he likes Lovie. Bullshit. No new GM worth his salt would keep a coach he didn't hire after that coach has such a poor playoff showing and back to back late season collapses. If you are a GM of a team, you want your own hire. You sure as hell take this opportunity to fire him knowing that the old lady loves him cuz now it's justified even to her.

Once again, I agree with Beardown. Two days in a row.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:13 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Beardown wrote:
Bernstein is playing this so he can't lose.

See also: everything he has ever said. The guy has more hedges than Normandy.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

1. I also think backing into the playoffs with a 2-6 record and losing the opening round is a justified reason to get fired. Emery could use that as well.

2. I don't think Bernstein's source works for the Bears. I think it's a kiss ass media member that doesn't want to come out on his own with "Bears inside info" for fear that he will fall out of favor with the Bears. Even if it's info like this that paints the Bears as a real organization. Or it's just a media kiss ass that wants to paint the Bears in a good light so he tells Bersntein to spread a lie.

3. Or Bernstein has learned from Boers to just make up shit. What the hell? We're not reporters. Let's just act like we know shit. No harm. No real foul. It's just radio bullshit that lights up the phone lines and brings attention to our show.

Last edited by Beardown on Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

No Clever Moniker wrote:

Bulls?...
White Sox?...

For his latest Illini scoop, he couldn't reveal who the potential coach that they school wanted because he agreed not to, so we are left to believe his report that Illionois wanted a new specific new coach, he just couldn't reveal who.

With the Bears, he says Emery has complete power to do anything, so matter what eventaully happens, Smith stays or goes, there is no way to prove Bernstein is incorrect.

The same is true of the Kerry Wood scoop - Bernstein doesn't know what Wood will eventually do for the organization, whether he'll be a broadcaster, an assistant to the GM or owner, etc, but just that Wood will has signed an agreement to do something.

For the Bulls, both Bernstein and Boers both talked about the possible friction building between Gar Foreman and John Paxson when Thibs was still not signed to a new deal, and used him not signing that deal as some sort of internal power struggle between the two. They never got into much greater detail.

Unlike Boers, who always claims to know everything after the fact, Bernstein's scoops tend to tease the audience and be in great generalities.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:24 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Remember the important, influential people who were going to make sure Illinois had a black basketball coach, viz. Reggie Theus? unless of course they were overruled?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:34 pm 

pizza_Place: whatever
I've been done with Lovie. He's playing with the same ideas he had in 2004 and hasn't changed, he's a solid coach but not forward thinking.

From 2004-08 they tried recreating the 99-02 Bucs and almost did it. Possession receiver,running game, and serviceable QB with a great defense. Then Jerry got Cutler thinking he was the missing link and uplift the entire team. The 05-07 O-Line was already retiring and they didn't get or draft weapons. Cutler was throwing to the rookie Knox,Heater, and Olsen.

In 2010 they splurged on Peppers and made no moves on offense. They just bright in Martz, expecting he would work magic apparently. From 2009-11, he brought...

Roy Williams
Aromashodu
Knox
Pace
Carimi
Orlando Pace
Chester Taylor
Manumaleuna
Jamarcus Webb
Chris Spencer

Emery has already been an upgrade. He bright in 3 contributors where as Angelo failed to bring anything.

Bush
Jeffrey
Marshall

He needs time to build up the Oline. The unfortunate thing is they wasted 2009-11. Cutler will be 30 in April.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:34 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
BD wrote:
The same is true of the Kerry Wood scoop - Bernstein doesn't know what Wood will eventually do for the organization, whether he'll be a broadcaster, an assistant to the GM or owner, etc, but just that Wood will has signed an agreement to do something.

Oh no, that one's legit.

It's in a drawer.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Knox was a 5th round pick....based on his productivity, I'd say that pick has turned out pretty good.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:42 pm 

pizza_Place: whatever
spmack wrote:
Knox was a 5th round pick....based on his productivity, I'd say that pick has turned out pretty good.

Yes, but that was also because he was playing the role of #1 receiver, which he isn't. He got more targets than he would in a functioning offense. Hes not Desean Jackson, which my dumb friend tried to compare him to.

Knox and Spencer are the only decent players from that list. And sadly, Knox was the only serviceable receiver Angelo drafted from 2001-11. Sorry, that's pathetic.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:57 pm 
1000 CLUB

Don't dismiss that these sources are just part of a radio shtick or game. Cuz B&B always confirm each others source with their different source. Too coincidental that these two sons of bitches both have the same info when nobody else has that info. In fact, Bernstein will say something out of no where and Boers says, "Yep, that's right.", as if he has the same info. Can't always work that way.

B&B RADIO

1. Say you have something.

2. Get a reaction.

3. Play it so you can't lose on your inside info.

4. Call people stupid for not believing what you've reported.

5. Call out other media people who report or claim something different.

6. Have your dumb ass producer jump in to repeat everything you've said so he can feel tough and important.

7. This makes it "Team Bernstein" vs. the world. It kills a 5 hour show. They all walk away proud.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Feel very very good that this is Dannys "SOURCE"

http://www.cmuchippewas.com/PhotoAlbum.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10500&PALBID=11842

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
I am shocked that Dan is carrying water for the GM of a team he roots for. Just positively shocked.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

bigfan wrote:
Feel very very good that this is Dannys "SOURCE"

http://www.cmuchippewas.com/PhotoAlbum.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10500&PALBID=11842

Fine. So there wouldn't be any agenda for Scott Hagel to paint the Bears as a properly run organization to a fanbase that thinks otherwise?

If it were the opposite, do you think Hagel would call Danny to say that Virginia runs this motha fucka?

Hagel is the Sr. Director of Corporate Communications. He's automatically dismised as a reliable source if he paints the Bears as a normal functioning organization. Why? Cuz it's his job to do so. Bernstein loses. I win.

Last edited by Beardown on Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Beardown wrote:
2. I don't think Bernstein's source works for the Bears. I think it's a kiss ass media member that doesn't want to come out on his own with "Bears inside info" for fear that he will fall out of favor with the Bears. Even if it's info like this that paints the Bears as a real organization. Or it's just a media kiss ass that wants to paint the Bears in a good light so he tells Bersntein to spread a lie.

His source is Hub. Yesterday Hub said Emery has full control with Mac & Spiegs.