It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 3:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:22 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Beardown wrote:
If you guys say DePaul cost more than U of I, I guess I'll take your word. Though I have my doubts.

DePaul
Undergraduate Tuition - ​$31,650/year.

Illinois
Undergraduate Tuition - $11,636/year for Residents.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:52 am 

pizza_Place: Lanny Poffo's Sausage and More
Beardown wrote:
Larry was trying to impress Bernstein by telling him that Illinois was an option. Maybe that was it. He feels small with his Depaul degree compared to Dan's Duke paper. He wants Dan to consider him his intellectual equal. Things like this matter to Larry. He wants Dan to think highly of him. I think all of you will at least agree with that.

If you guys say DePaul cost more than U of I, I guess I'll take your word. Though I have my doubts. I still think Illinois is more of a prestigious school than DePaul. I sure as hell know that our very own, Doc Ken, would agree with that.

Honest question. Not confronting a Beardown. Where did you go to school? High School or College?

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:30 am 

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
Krazy Ivan wrote:
Why is it so hard for everyone to refer to him as Laurence? His actual name.

That, I actually agree with. It's so easy to rip Laurence without having to resort to intentionally messing up his name. That's very low-level insulting. That's like 2nd grade shit.

stick with me and I will guide you through the many levels of insulting like a modern day Virgil

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:46 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
It's certainly one of your strengths Dolphin.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:51 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Beardown wrote:
If you guys say DePaul cost more than U of I, I guess I'll take your word. Though I have my doubts.

DePaul

Illinois

That's why they don't let residents in anymore.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinders
This crap goes out to the Boers and Bernstein show. After the horrible events in Connecticut last Friday, the show "officially" dropped the use of the shotgun sound-effect to mark the removal of bad, long-winded "crappers". They did this as some type of symbolic gesture against the trivialization of gun violence exemplified in the tragedy at the Sandy Hook Middle school.

I find it hard to believe the sincerity of this move after months of tongue in cheek discussion from these guys regarding the rampant gun violence occurring in Chicago all summer long.

Dan and Terry, you have to ask yourself two questions; is it only tragic when it happens to cute little kids and who are you crappin'?!?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:01 pm 

pizza_Place: ------
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Beardown wrote:

DePaul

Illinois

Even the non resident tuition rate for U of I is below DePaul.

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Makalu G wrote:
This crap goes out to the Boers and Bernstein show. After the horrible events in Connecticut last Friday, the show "officially" dropped the use of the shotgun sound-effect to mark the removal of bad, long-winded "crappers". They did this as some type of symbolic gesture against the trivialization of gun violence exemplified in the tragedy at the Sandy Hook Middle school.

I find it hard to believe the sincerity of this move after months of tongue in cheek discussion from these guys regarding the rampant gun violence occurring in Chicago all summer long.

Dan and Terry, you have to ask yourself two questions; is it only tragic when it happens to cute little kids and who are you crappin'?!?

It's ok when it's "those" people who live over "there" b/c it's their fault for not simply moving.

Last edited by Kirkwood on Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:05 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Beardown wrote:

DePaul

Illinois

I figured it was because every Illinois resident outside of a Chicago zip code is a mouth-breathing, inbred, illiterate, Southern-drawlin', racist cracker.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:08 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Beardown wrote:

DePaul

Illinois

I figured it was because every Illinois resident outside of a Chicago zip code is a mouth-breathing, inbred, illiterate, Southern-drawlin', racist cracker.

Come on Dr. Ken that's not fair. There are plenty of mouth-breathing, inbred, illerate, Southern-drawlin', racist crackers with Chicago zip codes as well. They are called Sox fans.

Chus wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Green is not a pretty colour on you, Mr. McCracken.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:21 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Green is not a pretty colour on you, Mr. McCracken.

Chus wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:50 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Beardown wrote:

DePaul

Illinois

Mr. Reason is not going to be happy good Doctor with your characterization of him.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:54 pm 

I hereby title this thread:

"How do you keep the kid on the farm once he's seen gay Teery"

Last edited by good dolphin on Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:54 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
I only know what Bernsie tells me.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:57 pm 

I only know what Bernsie tells me.

Sheep!!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:01 pm 

I like the thought of Dr. Ken running barefoot in his overalls for half a mile down a dirt access road to get to his mailbox and find the waiting list acceptance letter to U of I school of agriculture.

Last edited by good dolphin on Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Kirkwood wrote:
Makalu G wrote:

It's ok when it's "those" people who live over "there" b/c it's their fault for not simply moving.

I'm with you on this one. I remember that bullshit...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:05 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
I like the thought of Dr. Ken running barefoot in his overalls for half a mile down a dirt access road to get to his mailbox and find the waiting list acceptance letter to U of I school of agriculture.

It wasn't the school of agriculture.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:12 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
I'm sorry I just can't help posting to Deadspin, but you'd think for a guy that's constantly combing the site you'd think Dan would be a little more self aware than to go to the well of one of their favorite targets. I swear I counted at least a half dozen Bernstein talking points in here:

http://deadspin.com/5970264/the-27-dumb ... te-in-2012

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:56 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/12/19/ ... -this-guy/

In and of itself this is kind of funny, but since it's Bernstein, all I can do is say "oh my god why do you even care if you don't have any fun why would you even go?"

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
Curious Hair wrote:
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/12/19/bernstein-dont-be-this-guy/

In and of itself this is kind of funny, but since it's Bernstein, all I can do is say "oh my god why do you even care if you don't have any fun why would you even go?"

This is the column Leery wishes he could write. LOOK AT ALL THE AMAZING PERSONALITY TYPES YOU WILL NEVER MEET

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:48 pm 

Quote:
Picture Jack Lemmon as Shelly “The Machine” Levine from Glengarry Glen Ross, but 20 years younger and considerably dumber and less interesting.

This, though. "Picture a famous character, just without any of that character's defining traits, thus invalidating the entire point of the comparison." I can't figure out what a young, stupid, backstory-devoid Shelly Levene would even be! I'm surprised none of the loathsome part-timers were referred to as being just like Travis Bickle, just without the antiheroic righteous indignation, the Nam trauma, or the home exercise regimen.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
Curious Hair wrote:
Quote:
Picture Jack Lemmon as Shelly “The Machine” Levine from Glengarry Glen Ross, but 20 years younger and considerably dumber and less interesting.

This, though. "Picture a famous character, just without any of that character's defining traits, thus invalidating the entire point of the comparison." I can't figure out what a young, stupid, backstory-devoid Shelly Levene would even be! I'm surprised none of the loathsome part-timers were referred to as being just like Travis Bickle, just without the antiheroic righteous indignation, the Nam trauma, or the home exercise regimen.

Yes, but isn't it interesting (in a completely equivocatory, non-judgmental kind of way, because who knows who deserves to be hired and fired?) that people were there, and things were said, and you were not there, because you do not belong there, and the heads of CBS Radio were there, and they do belong there, and they know best and fuck you for implying otherwise you fucking peasant, and happy holidays!

Wouldn't you say?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:01 pm 

Good point. I'm surprised Leery skipped the party to go cougar-hunting at the Hampton Inn. He could've gotten an entire week's worth of programming out of talking about things that happened off the air between co-workers! Co-workers who are his and not ours!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:45 am 

And now that I think about it, the whole premise of "I had to go to a party and all these terrible people were there" is kind of upside-down when the author is the one outranking the terrible people by several orders of magnitude: sales reps, accountants, part-timers, producers, and other fungibles who don't host afternoon drive on a top-rated station. I mean, if anyone should get to find all these people terrible, it's the caterers. Moreover, Dan doesn't strike me as the kind of guy for whom a social gathering is a horrible undertaking fraught with crushing anxiety, so between the fact that 1) he can successfully navigate a dumb loud party without curling into a ball and 2) he's pretty much King Shit at his workplace, a taxonomic takedown of obnoxious drunks he nominally works with ends up not being a Great Equalizer, but just vaguely churlish. Everyone knows that satire, by its very nature, can't come from the top. It's the ground you have to cede for a secure life of going on the radio to browbeat poor people into giving billionaires their money.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:51 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
And now that I think about it, the whole premise of "I had to go to a party and all these terrible people were there" is kind of upside-down when the author is the one outranking the terrible people by several orders of magnitude: sales reps, accountants, part-timers, producers, and other fungibles who don't host afternoon drive on a top-rated station. I mean, if anyone should get to find all these people terrible, it's the caterers. Moreover, Dan doesn't strike me as the kind of guy for whom a social gathering is a horrible undertaking fraught with crushing anxiety, so between the fact that 1) he can successfully navigate a dumb loud party without curling into a ball and 2) he's pretty much King Shit at his workplace, a taxonomic takedown of obnoxious drunks he nominally works with ends up not being a Great Equalizer, but just vaguely churlish. Everyone knows that satire, by its very nature, can't come from the top. It's the ground you have to cede for a secure life of going on the radio to browbeat poor people into giving billionaires their money.

#13. The Annoying Dick

This is the guy, usually through nepotism but sometimes through a strange corporate structure, who acts more important than everyone else. Though generally shunned and avoided by the majority he acts as though not only are his words true pearls to be marveled but that at this event they must be shared amongst everyone. While enjoying the boss's undivided attention he has to inject himself into any grouping of more than two to share his own--and better--anecdotes, recipes, and of course, that one time at band camp.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:06 am 

Not a chance the sexually agressive recent divorcee is trolling Bernstien for a one nighter. She just got out of a sexually unfulfilling experience and she's not looking for more of the same.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

(Wait, I did have it right the first time)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7