It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Lil Danny boy is in negotiations on a new contract with the possibility that he will not be retained (see-Mike North) alive and well. It sure would be nice to see Mac switched to afternoons and a new morning show installed......

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Lil Danny boy is in negotiations on a new contract with the possibility that he will not be retained (see-Mike North) alive and well. It sure would be nice to see Mac switched to afternoons and a new morning show installed......

I WON'T BELIEVE IT UNTIL SHARK REPORTS ON IT!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:50 pm 

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaiser's - Kenosha

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:55 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
Don't you have to make hors d'oeuvres for your klan meeting tonight?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:56 pm 

Steve.....where did you hear this?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:58 pm 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
I hope not for your sake. You don't need another show to call with the same stupid point.

Remember when you called in the last few weeks and got mocked on Mac's show too? Have you started to come up with the derisive name for Mac yet?

I'd go with MACPEEL or Dan WHACKNEIL.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
SomeGuy wrote:
Steve.....where did you hear this?

Mac may want to sweep the man cave for listening devices again.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
SomeGuy wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

I WON'T BELIEVE IT UNTIL SHARK REPORTS ON IT!!!!!

That's news to me. The SCORE is already shorthanded since Jason Goff left for The Game in Atlanta.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:16 pm 

Look at Elmhurst Steve ignoring the questions about how he was mocked on Mac's show.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:17 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Look at Elmhurst Steve ignoring the questions about how he was mocked on Mac's show.

One thing at a time, BRick.

Steve, where did you hear the earth shattering news?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
A7X wrote:
Don't you have to make hors d'oeuvres for your klan meeting tonight?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:47 pm 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Lanny Poffo's Sausage and More
Paging OKC.........

Do you have the call that led to Steve in Elmhurst's B and B hatred? I was listening live, and it was spectacular.

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

Let's try and figure this one out. It would be easy to dismiss Elmhurst Steve because he's a racist. But racist can get info as well. We do know that Steve painted Mac's house. So there is a connection.

1. Mac and Spiegs did sub for the B&B show a couple of weeks ago. Why? Some would say just for the hell of it. Ok. Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe that was a message from Zimmerman to Bernstein that he's got options. Maybe just a negotiation ploy or perhaps foreshadowing to Score listeners. :shock:

2. Mac has hinted at taking back afternoons. There were a lot of shots from Mac and Spiegs towords Bernstein on the day they did the B&B show. Not always friendly ball busting. Maybe these two know something and are starting to dance on Bernstein's grave a little early. There has never been any love lost between Mac and Spiegel and Bernstein. We all know that.

3. While I've always said Bernstein was my favorites, I've soured on him over the last few years. He's taken his act a little bit too far. Maybe Zimmerman thinks so as well. Maybe Zim wants to show everybody at the Score who's really in charge. No better way to do that than by shit-canning Bernstein. You don't get to Zimmerman's position without having an ego. Sometimes that ego prompts you to make a move like this. Maybe Zim just realized that the Frankenstein they helped make is now killing everybody in the village.

4. Drinky has been extra pissy in recent months. Maybe he knows something. Bernstein leaving effects him and he might be nervous. If drinky produced for anybody else they wouldn't but up with his attitute the way B&B do. He knows that.

5. Mac got rid of Goff. So Mac has proven to have influence. :wink: Granted, removing Goff is one thing. Taking down Bernstein is something much bigger.

I guess we all stay tuned...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:23 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Let's try and figure this one out. It would be easy to dismiss Elmhurst Steve because he's a racist. But racist can get info as well. We do know that Steve painted Mac's house. So there is a connection.

1. Mac and Spiegs did sub for the B&B show a couple of weeks ago. Why? Some would say just for the hell of it. Ok. Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe that was a message from Zimmerman to Bernstein that he's got options. Maybe just a negotiation ploy or perhaps foreshadowing to Score listeners. :shock:

2. Mac has hinted at taking back afternoons. There were a lot of shots from Mac and Spiegs towords Bernstein on the day they did the B&B show. Not always friendly ball busting. Maybe these two know something and are starting to dance on Bernstein's grave a little early. There has never been any love lost between Mac and Spiegel and Bernstein. We all know that.

3. While I've always said Bernstein was my favorites, I've soured on him over the last few years. He's taken his act a little bit too far. Maybe Zimmerman thinks so as well. Maybe Zim wants to show everybody at the Score who's really in charge. No better way to do that than by shit-canning Bernstein. You don't get to Zimmerman's position without having an ego. Sometimes that ego prompts you to make a move like this. Maybe Zim just realized that the Frankenstein they helped make is now killing everybody in the village.

4. Drinky has been extra pissy in recent months. Maybe he knows something. Bernstein leaving effects him and he might be nervous. If drinky produced for anybody else they wouldn't but up with his attitute the way B&B do. He knows that.

5. Mac got rid of Goff. So Mac has proven to have influence. :wink: Granted, removing Goff is one thing. Taking down Bernstein is something much bigger.

I guess we all stay tuned...

Well said, Beardown.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:31 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Good stuff,Beardown. If he is told to take a hike,I'll be the first to dance on his grave. He IS very talented and funny but should not be doing a sports show. He might think that,too. He reminds me of Ed Tyll who worked AM years ago. Snarky,know-it-all asshole. Let's look at possible replacements:

1. Terry and Murph

2. Freddy Huebner and Murph (Terry gets out,too)

3. Mike North and Terry ( I need to hear the fireworks!!)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Drop In wrote:
Paging OKC.........

Do you have the call that led to Steve in Elmhurst's B and B hatred? I was listening live, and it was spectacular.

I unfortunately don't have the Steve in Elmhurst call, but I was also listening live.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Speeps...Is there a worst thread of the year? If so, pls add this one. :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:39 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
i dont buy it yet but last few weeks dan has been slightly nicer. slightly.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:39 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

NOPE.

Plenty of good stuff in this thread....with plenty more to come.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:41 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
I think Steve got this info from Mac with the idea it would be put on the board as a trial balloon to see the reaction.

I'll now take off my Beardown hat.

1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
1. Vacation time. Take it.
2. Maybe...wouldn't be surprised about Mac&Spiegs afternoons. I also think Spiegel doesn't take any crap. So, he'll confront anyone.
3. I think we will have a Bernstein and Holmes show once Terry retires. Probably mid-day.
4. pissy? I don't really hear it...and I don't agree about the producing element. drinky is the most adaptable at that station.
5. I don't think it's a take down as much as a foreshadowing. Berns kids are getting older, I'm sure he'll want to be able to see sporting events and dance recitals. Mac's kids are older...Spiegs has the baby, drinky has a baby on the way.

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
SomeGuy wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

NOPE.

Solid reasoning as usual by Beardown.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:45 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

NOPE.

Solid reasoning as usual by Beardown.

Pardon me?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
I guess my theory would depend on how advertising is priced and sold in radio. B&B are very fortunate situation as they've caught a bunch of breaks even though they've lost their fastball. Mac moved to 'SCR giving them a great lead-in while severely damaging B&B's competition. Also, Mac is pitted and beating 1000's strongest show in W&S which I think would have a chance of beating B&B.

So the calc would be is a large enough increase in ad cash gained by having M&S crush MJH while B&B scrape by against Waddle and Silvy? I'm guessing no and the way the schedule is now is best.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:25 pm 

jimmypasta wrote:
Ed Tyll

You may not like what he says. Ed Tyll.

Good comparison. Dan might actually like that comparison. And he might have an interesting and provocative solo show based around politics.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:31 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I think Soldier Field should be renamed Fort Marshall.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:47 pm 
1000 CLUB

doug - evergreen park wrote:
1. Vacation time. Take it.
2. Maybe...wouldn't be surprised about Mac&Spiegs afternoons. I also think Spiegel doesn't take any crap. So, he'll confront anyone.
3. I think we will have a Bernstein and Holmes show once Terry retires. Probably mid-day.
4. pissy? I don't really hear it...and I don't agree about the producing element. drinky is the most adaptable at that station.
5. I don't think it's a take down as much as a foreshadowing. Berns kids are getting older, I'm sure he'll want to be able to see sporting events and dance recitals. Mac's kids are older...Spiegs has the baby, drinky has a baby on the way.

1. I know B&B were on vacation, but Mac and Spiegs could have done their midday show that day.

2. Spieg's makes an ass of himself when he fights Bernstein. But he will engage.

3. Yeah. We all fear that.

4. Yes. Pissy. To what has he adapted? He answers phones. Phones haven't changed much since drinky started producing. Boers laughs at all of the stupid stuff drinky says. Bernstein kind of rolls his eyes at him and laughs at him to himself. Mac and Spiegs don't put up with Drinky's stupidity. They don't think he's as cute or funny as drinky thinks of himself. I've heard them call him out when he tries to get cute or make some dumb comments to them during his bad updates. Drinky would not like a change of producing another show. 1. He thinks he's too old for this producing shit, you're normally not doing it into you're 40s. 2. Mac would yell at him for not doing things right. Drinky would not take well to that. B&B don't ask anything of drinky nor do they criticize him. He just answers the phones, jumps on the air a few times to cry and bitch and goes home. Mac would demand more things from him. They wouldn't take his crying and bitching either.

5. That makes a little sense. I still think you miss sporting events and recitals for 100 grand or so. I'm just guessing that would be the pay cut from going from afternoons to middays. Plus Bernstein gets off at 6pm. It's pretty much an hour difference as to when most people get off.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next