It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 6:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Taco Bell Mexican Pizza
The past 4 shows are the 4 possibilities that are being considered post-Boers: Dan solo, with LOHOMO, with Bowen, or with McKnight.

Dan's really leaning McKnight by the way.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:17 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
So you're 1 of the 4 insiders...............

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:29 pm 

pizza_Place: whatever
Bowen's knows his stuff though.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Rosenbloom is the only one that makes sense. Replace one old goofball with another.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Bowen would be a hard listen for me.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:32 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
oh snaps, the randazzler just joked with his producer that they always seem to have a problem with the phones when they're together.... then they talked about "ditka" callers and whatnot.

i've said it b4 and i'll say it now, i theorize that the randazzler's type of show in relation to contributors is the antithesis of the b&b ideal: he tends to go for the more intelligent/cogent thoughts, whereas b&b tend to almost exclusively focus on the "stupid" or "meatball" stuff, unless you're in the bernstein ALS fiefdom, then you're part of the show to the point where everyone knows to fuck off circa 5pm on thursday because you've got very important business to tend to.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:38 pm 
1000 CLUB

Interesting. Some might say that this report contrdicts the other report, but not really. Both could be true. Contract talks could be going bad, but Mitch and Bernstein still need to be prepared if he is retained and Boers is out. I think it would be a Bernstein call. He would have that stipulated in any new contract that he picks a new partner. But I think he'd rather just go solo cuz that is how he could make the most money.

Q makes some good points, by the way.

If in fact Bernstein doesn't choose Larry it would break Larry's heart. It would mean years of ass kissing would go for nothing. Moreover, it would just hurt that his idol doesn't think much of him.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:21 pm 

The Score had Terry's replacement, but they let him go to Atlanta. They should have told Holmes that he needed to reduce his role. This guys has a show on the Score, Bears reporter, instructor at DePaul, NBC News, and does DePaul games. He probaby should stick to one, and master that first. Bowen would be a rough listen full-time. It would be like when Hampton was doing shows, one trick pony.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:39 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Beardown wrote:
Interesting. Some might say that this report contrdicts the other report, but not really. Both could be true. Contract talks could be going bad, but Mitch and Bernstein still need to be prepared if he is retained and Boers is out. I think it would be a Bernstein call. He would have that stipulated in any new contract that he picks a new partner. But I think he'd rather just go solo cuz that is how he could make the most money.

Q makes some good points, by the way.

If in fact Bernstein doesn't choose Larry it would break Larry's heart. It would mean years of ass kissing would go for nothing. Moreover, it would just hurt that his idol doesn't think much of him.

I would like to think that Mitch would have learned his lesson when he let Mac choose his own partner. That was a mistake & letting Berns do it would be as well. None of the possible candidates mentioned in this thread would be a good idea in my opinion.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:20 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Mitch is useless, Larry should have never climbed above producer...Dan would choose Bowen if given the choice, seems infatuated with Bowen for some reason.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:16 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
schmitty1121 wrote:
The Score had Terry's replacement, but they let him go to Atlanta. They should have told Holmes that he needed to reduce his role. This guys has a show on the Score, Bears reporter, instructor at DePaul, NBC News, and does DePaul games. He probaby should stick to one, and master that first. Bowen would be a rough listen full-time. It would be like when Hampton was doing shows, one trick pony.

Schmitty, Laurence Holmes used to do DePaul basketball games with Zach Zaidman, I think because The SCORE's too cheap to hire a true analyst to call their games. This year...They've got Jeff Blanzy? Really?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:25 am 

If Mitch hopes to groom Bowen for full time employment, I hope he keeps him as far away from Dan as possible. Bowen is a great combination of knowledge and personality. He sounds like doug not only in town but in character. The only time Dan would admit to drinking something as low brow as Busch Light is when he is attempting to establish his college party animal cred.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:28 am 

My own preference is for Bernstein to borrow a page from WFAN SportsRadio's Mike Francesa in New York and do afternoon drive solo. The one difference between Bernstein & Francesa is that Bernsy won't be caught on camera sleeping like Francesa was on the YES Network during baseball season. :lol: :oops:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:38 am 

I'm not sure who I would pair up with Dan. I see shows featuring anyone who is not on equal footing devolving into Monday's show of one upsmanship on who knows more about ska music.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:42 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen Home Run Inn Pizza
Rozner would be the best fit with Bernstein, Loho would be annoying as hell and repetitive, Connor doesn't have the chops, Bowen is too boring and would be awkward discussing other sports, and Rosenbloom would be too grating after a while.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:14 pm 
1000 CLUB

WhiteAndProud wrote:
Dan's really leaning McKnight by the way.

If this is true it would be the ultimate slap in the face to Larry. Drinky too. In fact, Drinky might kill Bernstien if he picks the contest winner with 2 years of Score service. I also don't think drinky could produce a Bernstein-Connor show. It would be a pride thing. Just no way he'd be willing to get coffee for a kid 15 years younger than him.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
good dolphin wrote:
If Mitch hopes to groom Bowen for full time employment, I hope he keeps him as far away from Dan as possible. Bowen is a great combination of knowledge and personality. He sounds like doug not only in town but in character. The only time Dan would admit to drinking something as low brow as Busch Light is when he is attempting to establish his college party animal cred.

Bowen has no personality, is boring as hell, and talks way too fast. Hes a tough listen for me. Berns with either Rosey or Roz would work.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:08 pm 

Bowen is OK on football. He would be brutal on everything else. We tried this already with Buffone.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:31 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:
Bowen is OK on football. He would be brutal on everything else. We tried this already with Buffone.

Hatchetman, it doesn't stop Hub Arkush from discussing non-NFL & Bears' topics when he gets an airshift from time to time.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:35 pm 

Yes, although at least Hub is a BIG FAN of the Bulls and Cubs. We're talking about a daily gig as well, not a sub position.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:42 pm 

Scorehead wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Bowen has no personality, is boring as hell, and talks way too fast. Hes a tough listen for me. Berns with either Rosey or Roz would work.

Bowen is one that would need some studio time before being ready for a full time gig. I think he has a good personality.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:45 pm 

Bowen would get flustered by all the flashing buttons and go on a rampage.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:11 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:
Yes, although at least Hub is a BIG FAN of the Bulls and Cubs. We're talking about a daily gig as well, not a sub position.

Well, when Hub gets an airshift, guests aren't far behind either. The poor man's Dan Patrick?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:14 am 

Rosenbloom would cause mass suicides in 2 weeks. He sucks at everything he does.

Hub is actually pretty good on baseball and football. I remember a few years ago when big Cubs news broke on a Bears gameday and he was on the air and he covered it better than any of the baseball people on the Score would have,