It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 5:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:29 pm 

emery did miss. that guy from oregon was way better. bears are going to suck forever. thanks bernstein.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:30 pm 

:lol: Was that you on the phone Ike?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
I will be surprised if Chip Kelly is an effective NFL coach at this moment in time. His offense at Oregon was basically a gimick used to exploit an opponent's less physically gifted players. He won't be able to exploit NFL defenses the same way. The talent in the NFL is far superior to that of college.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Sausage
Top notch analysis there....especially given neither has coached a single game. Better get your tin foil hat back on and head back to the the shed outside...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Big Chicagoan wrote:
I will be surprised if Chip Kelly is an effective NFL coach at this moment in time. His offense at Oregon was basically a gimick used to exploit an opponent's less physically gifted players. He won't be able to exploit NFL defenses the same way. The talent in the NFL is far superior to that of college.

College offenses have been exploiting Defenses in the NFL all year. The game has changed, & as I have been saying for a while, the NFL will continue to resemble college football more & more going forward. The talent gap is smaller now than it has ever been.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:48 pm 

Scorehead wrote:
Big Chicagoan wrote:

College offenses have been exploiting Defenses in the NFL all year. The game has changed, & as I have been saying for a while, the NFL will continue to resemble college football more & more going forward. The talent gap is smaller now than it has ever been.

And that's not a good thing. It speaks to the utter erosion of competent defense more than anything else. NFL fans that laugh at arena ball should start recognizing the true nature of the recent NFL transformation.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:06 pm 

24_Guy wrote:
And that's not a good thing. It speaks to the utter erosion of competent defense more than anything else. NFL fans that laugh at arena ball should start recognizing the true nature of the recent NFL transformation.

The NFL wants defense to go away. Which is why all the rule changes favor the offense. That being said, two teams none for their defense are in the Super Bowl.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:58 am 

conns7901 wrote:
24_Guy wrote:

The NFL wants defense to go away. Which is why all the rule changes favor the offense. That being said, two teams none for their defense are in the Super Bowl.

The dominant Ravens defense is a distant memory at this point. They haven't been THE RAVENS DEFENSE for a couple of years.

When was the last game the 49ers won with their defense?