It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 12:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

It might get lost in the daily thread. People should know in case they missed it. Bernsein didn't say it on the air. But the hint at the end of the show was clear. Our very own City of Fools confirmed it as he was live at the remote watching Boers and Bernstein jump around like monkeys with the news during commercial breaks.

Here's the story in case you missed it.
http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/9031045/derrick-rose-chicago-bulls-cleared-play-waiting-dunk-confidently-left-foot-source-says

What's Reinsdorf's motivation? Revenge on Reggie Rose? Just saying it to say it? Does he want to make it clear the Bulls aren't holding him back? Jerry is racist? What? Discuss.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
I think we should all wait for our resident Reinsdorf expert to chime in before we share any of our thoughts.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:53 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Beardown, where's the proverbial/hypothetical conversation between Derrick and Jerry and Beardown?

This thread is filler. You're turning into Mini Ditka trying to get into the 1000 Club so you can go to the barbeque.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:42 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
So Boers really didn't "scoop" anything, right?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:23 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Colonel Angus wrote:
I think we should all wait for our resident Reinsdorf expert to chime in before we share any of our thoughts.

Agreed.

Sounds like Reggie Rose is about to lose to his press pass.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Nothing Jerry hates more than an intermediary between him and his people. Be it an agent or an underqualified sibling who has ridden the coat tails of his brother to fortune and now fame.

If you work for Jerry, you can have an agent, but Jerry doesnt feel the need to talk to the agent. He often goes around agents and deals directly with the players to some degree.

All that said, I trueley dont think Jerry directly leaked it to the media, but I feel very good about it being one of his closer investors who leaked it. They don't clear things with Jerry, they have an investment and when they act, they feel they do so in the best interest of the team/investment. A number of them act as they are the owner and they are. They get upset like a fan would and sometimes do things irrational or argue with others in the organization about issues (See Kenny Williams).

Some of these owners are eccentric guys (Which is being nuts with money and when you are eccentric, nobody really questions you because you have money)

Jerry realizes the war this could start and the potential results, that he personally will have to deal with, thus I don't think it was him, but without calling anyone, I feel pretty good about the top 3 in the lineup list. None are really public names...they are same guys who went crying to the Sun Times when Mariotti listed their names in an article.

I am using that as an example, because they love telling people they are an owner, they love to talk to the players, reporters etc as the owner, but don't bother them with the stuff that sucks. Call Jerry for that.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:34 pm 
1000 CLUB

I think it was Reinsdorf. Bernstein was emphatic about it through his veiled comments during the show. I don't think it was done with total evil intentions. Though it was a push back on Reggie saying "Look, we're not forcing him back, he's cleared and we're not making him play."

I do believe Jerry is cool with Derrick Rose being cautious. I do think he cares about him and he also cares about his 5 year investment in him. Ticket prices will remain high with Derrick playing 41 games a year. Jerry will get his 20,000 a night for the next 5 years at those high prices. WGN and Comcast money is more with Derrick playing. You're pretty much guaranteed at least 2 rounds of playoff ticket sales with Rose.

It's a good thing they locked him up last year. They didn't have to do it. Could have waited until this offseason. He hadn't finished his rookie deal. It was a no brainer, the money was gonna be what it was gonna be. He's a max player. But it's a good thing they did it before this bad blood happened. Keep in mind, Rose could have chosen an opt out for his last year of his deal. He didn't and Pax, at the time, said that was nice of him and showed loyalty.

But now there is bad blood between Rose and the team. It's delusional on Rose's part. Neither Jerry or Pax are evil people. They both have his best interests in mind. Rose's best interests happen to be the Bulls best interests. That's what "Team Rose" doesn't get.

But Derrick's dumb ass brother is gonna convince him that Jerry and Pax are the enemy. If they don't win anything in 5 years and they don't resolve these delusional issues, he'll leave. Maybe. Or maybe he grows up in five years and stops listening to his barking brother with no damn clue.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Beardown wrote:
I think it was Reinsdorf. Bernstein was emphatic about it through his veiled comments during the show. I don't think it was done with total evil intentions. Though it was a push back on Reggie saying "Look, we're not forcing him back, he's cleared and we're not making him play."

I do believe Jerry is cool with Derrick Rose being cautious. I do think he cares about him and he also cares about his 5 year investment in him. Ticket prices will remain high with Derrick playing 41 games a year. Jerry will get his 20,000 a night for the next 5 years at those high prices. WGN and Comcast money is more with Derrick playing. You're pretty much guaranteed at least 2 rounds of playoff ticket sales with Rose.

It's a good thing they locked him up last year. They didn't have to do it. Could have waited until this offseason. He hadn't finished his rookie deal. It was a no brainer, the money was gonna be what it was gonna be. He's a max player. But it's a good thing they did it before this bad blood happened. Keep in mind, Rose could have chosen an opt out for his last year of his deal. He didn't and Pax, at the time, said that was nice of him and showed loyalty.

But now there is bad blood between Rose and the team. It's delusional on Rose's part. Neither Jerry or Pax are evil people. They both have his best interests in mind. Rose's best interests happen to be the Bulls best interests. That's what "Team Rose" doesn't get.

But Derrick's dumb ass brother is gonna convince him that Jerry and Pax are the enemy. If they don't win anything in 5 years and they don't resolve these delusional issues, he'll leave. Maybe. Or maybe he grows up in five years and stops listening to his barking brother with no damn clue.
Even before Rose got hurt, they werent good enough to win anything in the next 5 years.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:57 pm 
1000 CLUB

You don't know that. Bulls might be able to trade for a disgruntled super star in the years to come. Free agents suck this off season but are better the following year. We can get one of those "Wang whippers" or "Sack-in-face" guys that Bernstein salivates over like a slave master at an auction. :roll: Or as I like to say, a really talented basketball player. Lebron might leave that Miami machine after next season. Yeah, the team he goes to will be good but maybe it will take a year or so with that team or maybe he'll go out west. Maybe Lebron tears his ACL one year. Or gets any type of injury that puts him out for the playoffs. Maybe he just gets hurt for a Bulls playoff series. You never know.

So there could be a chance to grab a title or 2 in the coming years. That's what I thought when we all saw Rose become an MVP. Gotta win at least 2 titles with him or else it's a huge disapointment

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:36 am 

Mc Claskeys, Ricketteses or Roses...who is the shittiest family based sports management team in our city?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:39 am 

McCaskeys by far.

Undermanaged. It's the Bears, stay semi competitive and you will sell out and make your money.

This team should be closer to $2 Bill, than just under $1B

Smallest stadium in the NFL....that they dont even own! Nice business skills teddy!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:41 am 

and sweaty Teddy is treated like the great government lobbyist/dealmaker because of it. I think HE thinks hes a great dealmaker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
I'm not buying it. Jerry Reinsdorf wants Derrick Rose "fully healthy", and said that last summer on the Bulls' flagship up the dial. I don't know who the source was in the ESPNChicago.com story and to my knowledge Rose has NOT been cleared. In my opinion, there's a disconnect in the communication between the team & the Bulls. Fans & media might never know the real truth, especially in the wake of what ESPN/ABC's Doris Burke said during the broadcast yesterday about Rose's hamstrings "burning up".

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
SHARK wrote:
I'm not buying it. Jerry Reinsdorf wants Derrick Rose "fully healthy", and said that last summer on the Bulls' flagship up the dial. I don't know who the source was in the ESPNChicago.com story and to my knowledge Rose has NOT been cleared. In my opinion, there's a disconnect in the communication between the team & the Bulls. Fans & media might never know the real truth, especially in the wake of what ESPN/ABC's Doris Burke said during the broadcast yesterday about Rose's hamstrings "burning up".

This is some deep metaphysical shit right here.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:14 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
and sweaty Teddy is treated like the great government lobbyist/dealmaker because of it. I think HE thinks hes a great dealmaker

I could be the great lobbyist too, if I first met with Jerry and he made a few phone calls to let me get my deal done.

For the record, Pat Quinn did oppose this deal, but was voted down by the Madigan Machine.