It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 9:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/03/10/ ... d-opinion/

There appears to be a growing disconnect between the Bulls & Derrick Rose in regards to his long recovery from his torn ACL, and what ESPN/ABC's Doris Burke revealed during yesterday's Bulls/Lakers' game in Los Angeles. Burke revealed that Rose's hamstrings were "burning up" during practices in which he's trying to come back. On the surface, it appears to be a setback in Rose's long recovery, but Dr. Bernstein asks in his latest column above if Derrick got a second opinion. The latest saga in the Rose story will certain be front & center this afternoon, and whether the two sides need to clear the air on where things stand. As for other possible topics...

*Another 2nd Half Bulls' Flop vs. the Lakers
*A 2-Game Blackhawks' Losing Streak; A Goalie Controversy in the Making?
*Brian Urlacher's Days as a Bear Numbered?
*March Madness Starts to Get Mad
*Tiger Woods Wins at Doral
*Spring Training Update

All of that and who knows what else come 1:15P-ish after the daily transition with Spiegs & LoHo.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

Christ!!!! Larry didn't realize it on Friday when he said Derrick shouldn't trust the Bulls doctor. Bernstein column means he hasn't gotten the info either

According to a Yahoo article, Derrick's personal Doctor has cleared him. So that means he has gotten a 2nd opinion. It means he's not just trusting the Bulls doctor. It' means the Bulls are off the hook for any allegations of not having Rose's best intentions in mind.

Here it is once again:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/derrick-rose-cleared-play-reportedly-yet-rose-hesitating-193555488--nba.html

Melissa Isaacson is a very good reporter who has been covering the Chicago Bulls for over two decades. The ESPN Chicago scribe can be trusted while relaying the news that a Bulls source has indicated that Derrick Rose has already been cleared to play basketball. Cleared by Rose’s own doctor, mind you, as Derrick recovers from an ACL tear suffered in late April of last year.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:51 pm 

I saw a graphic on "SportsCenter" before the Bulls' latest loss to the Lakers, claiming that Derrick was cleared, and I kept saying yelling to my TV "NO!" He has NOT been cleared to return! Who the hell are they crappin'?

Also, before he bolted for Atlanta to host nights on The Game SportsRadio down there, didn't Jason Goff warn Bulls' fans of such a disconnect between Rose & Bulls' doctors before Derrick tore his ACL? I thought Goff did warn Scoreheads.

Last edited by SHARK on Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:57 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Whole lotta nothin' going on in that column:

Dan Bernstein wrote:
"It was argued months ago in this space that Rose not feel pressured to get back to the court, and that missing the entire season would be just fine if it meant a higher likelihood that he would regain his previous form."

So at least he remembers he said this.

Dan Bernstein wrote:
"I still feel that way: if there are real, medical reasons for this three-week delay from the time he was cleared until now, I would understand why he’s refusing to heed the team doctor’s orders."

"I feel the same about Rose as I always have, but not really because I'm qualifying that statement now."

Dan Bernstein wrote:
"It is possible that he has been otherwise advised by an independent orthopedist that he should deviate from the original plan.
Anything short of that, however, leads me to the conclusion that he is fearful of this stage, unwilling to make the critical leap of faith that is choosing to resume his NBA career with less than full confidence in what his body can do."

"I'm incredulous about what Rose and his camp are telling us, but it is possible he's not entirely full of shit."

Dan Bernstein wrote:
"His trepidation is completely understandable, as he confronts profound questions regarding his professional identity and future."

"Even though I sorta just backhandedly called Rose to the carpet for maybe not listening to the smart doctor people let's remember that he did tear his ACL and that's going to mess anyone up mentally."

Dan Bernstein wrote:
"Still, we can only view any of this based on what we know, and at the moment we know this: the doctors are saying it’s time for Rose to accelerate his healing by hitting the floor, neatly summed up by Cole with “You have to play to play.” Nobody expects him to be himself, yet. In fact, he isn’t supposed to be."

"But yeah, the doctors have said that Rose is fine so he should probably be playing."

Dan Bernstein wrote:
"Derrick Rose had been a model patient, working diligently with doctors and trainers for ten months to restore his abilities. His other employer, Adidas, has marketed his rehab through a series of stylized, portentous videos at various points in the process.

Now, he’s chosen to shut the process down."

"Derrick has worked really hard but has stopped listening to the smart doctor people for a reason that I don't know about."

Dan Bernstein wrote:
"There could be a change in his diagnosis based on new, different medical information, which might be a logical explanation for his behavior – the only reason, truly, to not heed Cole’s advice."

"But seriously, Derrick might really be hurt because the only reason not to listen to a smart doctor person is if some other smarter doctor person tells you something different."

Dan Bernstein wrote:
"It would be an important thing to learn at this point, since the only challenge for Derrick Rose that could prove more unforgiving than the basketball court is a comeback to the court of public opinion."

"Derrick better cut this shit soon because Q ratings."

Last edited by SpiralStairs on Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:03 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
You know what, I haven't listened to this show since Tuesday and I don't think I really miss it.

That was a particularly inscrutable column, by the way.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:03 pm 

I think what's lost in translation is what the big boss of the Bulls said up the dial. Bulls' Owner/Chairman Jerry Reinsdorf specifically said on the Bulls Radio Network flagship up the dial last summer that he wants Rose "fully healthy" and wouldn't clear Rose unless he is.

To my knowledge, just because a doctor may have cleared Rose, whether it's Derrick's own doctor or Bulls' team doctor Brian Cole, doesn't mean that Reinsdorf and Bulls management has greenlighted #TheReturn. Until he gets such clearance, Derrick Martell Rose isn't playing anytime soon.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
That's how it's done, Stairs.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
SpiralStairs wrote:
Dan Bernstein wrote:
"t would be an important thing to learn at this point, since the only challenge for Derrick Rose that could prove more unforgiving than the basketball court is a comeback to the court of public opinion."

"Derrick better cut this shit soon because Q ratings."

you guys I'm starting to worry about the billboards in Guangzhou

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:06 pm 

SHARK wrote:
I think what's lost in translation is what the big boss of the Bulls said up the dial. Bulls' Owner/Chairman Jerry Reinsdorf specifically said on the Bulls Radio Network flagship up the dial last summer that he wants Rose "fully healthy" and wouldn't clear Rose unless he is.

To my knowledge, just because a doctor may have cleared Rose, whether it's Derrick's own doctor or Bulls' team doctor Brian Cole, doesn't mean that Reinsdorf and Bulls management has greenlighted #TheReturn. Until he gets such clearance, Derrick Martell Rose isn't playing anytime soon.

But what you're missing is that the concept of "clearing" a player is a medical designation, not a roster transaction. You can be medically cleared to play without being taken off injured reserve.

Last edited by Curious Hair on Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen Home Run Inn Pizza
A couple of jerks talking about a guy who used to be a jerk.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Taco Bell Mexican Pizza...mmmmm
Show's off to a brutal start 7 minutes in. Bad omen.

I took a long break from this badness but after hearing Bernstein's smarmy voice the last few minutes (not to mention Loho), and stupid thoughts, I think it's time to take another long break.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:09 pm 

Oh, did they get rid of it in the last CBA?

At any rate, Rose has been cleared to play. The Bulls just aren't playing him.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:12 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
SHARK wrote:

But what you're missing is that the concept of "clearing" a player is a medical designation, not a roster transaction. You can be medically cleared to play without being taken off injured reserve.

CH, Reinsdorf also revealed in that same interview last summer up the dial that he felt Michael Jordan came back too soon from a broken foot in the 1985-86 season, Jordan's second in the NBA.

The Bulls have a lot invested long term in Derrick Rose right now, and to me, until the Bulls & Reinsdorf actually clear Rose to return, the waiting game continues. In fact, NBA.com's Steve Aschburner wrote a column over the weekend suggesting that time itself might run out before the Bulls & Rose decide whether #TheReturn becomes #TheReality this season. The Bulls have just 19 games left now and time is running out.

I think Coach Thibs should coach as if Derrick won't play. This Bulls' team has been really struggling as this soap opera continues to twist. There's a good reason why you don't see the Bulls on ABC after this dud vs. a mediocre at best Lakers' team.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
SpiralStairs wrote:

Nicely done sir, a hybrid Curious Hair / BRick response. About the only thing Bernstein left out was the comparison to the "remember that one time when I blew out my knee though Im not comparing it to Rose at all but I kinda am" statement.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

I am so over this Derrick drama. Fuck! Talk about the Grantland article about the most hated college players ever. Anything but this.

Let's do it for Johnny!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:24 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

Nicely done sir, a hybrid Curious Hair / BRick response. About the only thing Bernstein left out was the comparison to the "remember that one time when I blew out my knee though Im not comparing it to Rose at all but I kinda am" statement.

I think even he knows not to make those comparisons anymore.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
Boy, based on tranny, you really nailed this, Stairs. "The Bulls are Really Smart Guys who also happen to be Really Big-Hearted Guys who have Derrick's best interests at heart. Why oh why won't he just listen?"

Also, lol @ Leery. "You know me, Dan. I'm a patients' advocate." Uh...what???

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:27 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

http://score670.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=69979&start=50

KNEE. ICE. HOSPITAL.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:32 pm 

I think what the two sides should do is something that Tribune columnist David Haugh suggested yesterday, but I get the impression it's also wishful thinking. Remember when Dr. Brian Cole met with reporters right after Derrick Rose underwent surgery last May on that ACL? Dr. Cole, EVP John Paxson, GM Gar Forman, HC Tom Thibodeau & even Rose himself should hold a press conference to clear the air regarding the growing firestorm surrounding Derrick's ACL and this new report about his hamstrings revealed by ESPN/ABC's Doris Burke yesterday.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:36 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

http://score670.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=69979&start=50

KNEE. ICE. HOSPITAL.

Yeah, I can't compete with that.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:38 pm 

David Schuster has "Scoreboards" this Monday afternoon. As for the rest of this show...

*3:30P: "The Second Half"

*TBA: The SCORE's Connor McKnight
Live from Arizona-Spring Training Update

Two of this show's favorite guys, Pro Football Weekly/Dial Global Radio's Hub Arkush & Tribune writer, rising SCORE analyst Matt Bowen, guest host the nighttime SCORE starting @ 6P. The team of Arkush & Bowen will hand things over to Joe Ostrowski @ 10P for the latenight SCORE. Les Grobstein & Adam Harris have "SCORE Overnight", appropriately with "Bum of the Week", starting @ Midnight.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:38 pm 

Wait a second here. Wasn't the Bulls team doctor the one who did the surgery at Rush? Is he the one who supposedly cleared Rose to play? If he is the surgery doctor then wouldn't his opinion be worthy of trust since he did the surgery?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:40 pm 

Mini Ditka wrote:
Wait a second here. Wasn't the Bulls team doctor the one who did the surgery at Rush? Is he the one who supposedly cleared Rose to play? If he is the surgery doctor then wouldn't his opinion be worthy of trust since he did the surgery?

I'm not sure if Dr. Brian Cole, who performed the ACL surgery last May, is the same doctor who supposedly cleared Rose. Needless to say, you can have more than 1 doctor.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:42 pm 

A super-crude Beardownesque way of breaking down this goalpost-moving might be that Dan was defending Derrick as a black person against the stupid white people who thought he should come right back, until Derrick went against the advice of doctors and Bulls ownership, at which point it became a Jews-versus-gentiles issue.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:44 pm 

SHARK wrote:
Mini Ditka wrote:

I'm not sure if Dr. Brian Cole, who performed the ACL surgery last May, is the same doctor who supposedly cleared Rose. Needless to say, you can have more than 1 doctor.

I would be interested to hear what Dr. Cole thinks about Rose's knee.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:51 pm 

Comcast SportsNet's Mark Schanowski, a regular guest on the Mac & Spiegs Show, feels Rose has mishandled information in the wake of what he told ESPN/ABC's Doris Burke yesterday. Schanowski's column can be found here:

http://www.csnchicago.com/bulls-talk/ro ... -his-rehab

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Sausage
Alright, Bernsie being a tool to some random caller guessing Derrick is Spooked.....no reason to get this pissed off over a docile caller....he specifically just called the guy a "jerk", sometimes I just cant handle his level of red assness

Last edited by cluv8484 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:55 pm 
1000 CLUB

I love this caller just fuckin with these two asswipes.

Let's do it for Johnny!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Sausage
I will watch this to relax myself.....yes, thats working...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Lanny Poffo's Sausage and More
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pdWAcK6Eh8

SFW

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.