It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1366 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:57 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
long time guy wrote:
That is one of dangers of the 24 hr non stop sports culture that we now reside in. Athletes are now labeled as douchebags, tools, and turds. The personal lives are scrutinized relentlessly. Off the court or field issues typically takes precedence over anything that happens on the field. What happens on the field is not really relevant because after all it is just a game. Sports these days are supposed to serve as a microcosm of the larger society.
This is the world that Bernstein treads in because after all how much value can one derive from merely being a sports talk show host. His level of self importance has grown exponentially during the entire process. The irony of it all is that the same indignation that he has reserved for others is now being thrust upon him. Nothing will come of this other than Bernstein being mindful of what he says in the future. I don't know if that will be enough for some though as there are people who won't his head a very large head at that, served on a platter.

Yep

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
pittmike wrote:
Chus wrote:
long time guy wrote:
He is also a pretty big deal around here considering the amount of traffic the threads involving his show typically generates.

Exactly. These people hate Bernstein, and Berns is irrelevant, but they listen everyday, and comment in every thread.

Bernstein isn't that relevant, but he was getting hammered all over twitter, deadspin, etc.

Irrelevant is Scorehead's guy, Nort, who nobody outside this board mentions.

So do you love him or hate him Chus? I never really got a feeling one way or another.

Sometimes, I enjoy the show. Many times, Bernstein is a self-righteous douche, and I turn it off.

Anybody who listens to Bernstein, and then complains that he spews too much liberal garbage, should have their head examined. You (not you, the royal you) know what the show is, and you can change the station.

He has said tons of things worse than "I love her giant boobs". Much more has been made of this than should have.

Wishing that Bernstein and his family end up homeless, is as bad as the shit Bernstein says. Those people should get off their high horses.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

Last edited by Chus on Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:04 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
I'd hate to see his kids homeless. But I'd LOVE to see Bernstein knocked down a peg or two.

I would have loved to see a week suspension.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Wasn't SID the only guy here who wished for bad things to happen to Dans family?

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:09 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Darkside wrote:
I'd hate to see his kids homeless. But I'd LOVE to see Bernstein knocked down a peg or two.

I would have loved to see a week suspension.

This is how I'd answer Chus answering me.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:16 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
If all this makes Dan better at his job because it "humbled" him a bit than it was all worth it because he has been pretty bad at his job the last couple years.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:04 am 

Scorehead wrote:
Chus wrote:
long time guy wrote:
He is also a pretty big deal around here considering the amount of traffic the threads involving his show typically generates.

Exactly. These people hate Bernstein, and Berns is irrelevant, but they listen everyday, and comment in every thread.

Bernstein isn't that relevant, but he was getting hammered all over twitter, deadspin, etc.

I dont listen to North anymore. Back in the day he was great.

You were singing his praises yesterday, including posting a link where he "lit up" Bernstein.

Thursday at 5:00.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:44 am 

its just plain fact that if anyone else on the station did this they would be fired.

dan calls to fire brandon marshall because he picks legal fights with fans.

im calling for dan to be fired because he illegally sexually harasses women in his own industry.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:48 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
McNeil got 2 weeks for calling a woman a "bitch".

Seems like a similar-type offense.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:50 am 

Chus wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
Chus wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I dont listen to North anymore. Back in the day he was great.

You were singing his praises yesterday, including posting a link where he "lit up" Bernstein.

Thursday at 5:00.

Chus is putting in some great work here.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:51 am 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:

The difference is that her looks are part of why she was hired. It may not be the whole reason but her physical appearance matters.

CSN can't even push things too far or we get into the "Why are most of your teleprompter readers younger attractive females?".

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:57 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

The difference is that her looks are part of why she was hired. It may not be the whole reason but her physical appearance matters.

CSN can't even push things too far or we get into the "Why are most of your teleprompter readers younger attractive females?".

Doesn't seem like much of a difference to me. The woman at Comcast was probably hired because she's hard-nosed or strong-willed.

Both hosts used derogatory terms to characterize the women and their attributes.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:57 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Right. I couldn't find anyone to sign my petition demanding that CSN replace Susannah Collins with Cheryl Raye-Stout.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:05 am 

Doesn't seem like much of a difference to me. The woman at Comcast was probably hired because she's hard-nosed or strong-willed.

Both hosts used derogatory terms to characterize the women and their attributes.
Bernstein objectified her but didn't use a derogatory term.

Let's all do an experiment.
Go home, and walk in the door and say to your wife that you really like her boobs.
The next day, walk in the door and call her a bitch.

Same reaction?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:08 am 
Site Admin

Yeah, I don't think bernstein said anything derogatory in this instance. He was being complimentary. At least I believe he thought he was. What made it bad was that it was coupled with dismissiveness of her work by him and a hard critique of her work by Spiegel.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:08 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Go home, and walk in the door and say to your wife that you really like her boobs.

I do everyday. She has a great rack.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:10 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Bernstein objectified her but didn't use a derogatory term.

Let's all do an experiment.
The next day, walk in the door and call her a bitch.

Same reaction?

Other than her suddenly thinking she married a caveman, you'd probably get a different reaction.

But go up to some random woman on the street, stare at her and just say the word "Boobs" and I think you'd get an unfavorable reaction.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:12 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Yeah, I don't think bernstein said anything derogatory in this instance. He was being complimentary. At least I believe he thought he was. What made it bad was that it was coupled with dismissiveness of her work by him and a hard critique of her work by Spiegel.

It was a poor representation of his employer that allows him to promote his Twitter as a marketing arm of the Score at best and uber-uber-creepy at worst.

Whatever. I'm not going to argue about this because this whole thing was over about 3 days ago. I was just making a comparison.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:14 am 

Chus wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Now I know how to greet her if we ever meet.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:16 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Chus wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Now I know how to greet her if we ever meet.

:lol:

Next time you are in town, come over for dinner.

<º)))><

Last edited by Chus on Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:21 am 
Site Admin

It was a poor representation of his employer that allows him to promote his Twitter as a marketing arm of the Score at best and uber-uber-creepy at worst.

You would think by now that every employer, especially in that field, would have a detailed policy regarding social media, but I don't believe that's the case. That's where Cowley got in trouble. He thought he was speaking as Joe Cowley but he may have been representing his employer. Especially in his case where his account was actually @cst_cowley. bernstein is too shrewd to reference his employer on his Twitter account. I'm sure he sees himself building his own personal brand and his employment at any given place possibly being only temporary.

Personally, I will never work for anyone again. I don't have to worry about what I say on the Internet. If I had to depend upon others for employment I would go about things much differently. I might not even have a Facebook account.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:15 pm 

The clear difference to me is that he was talking about someone in a sports media profession.

So yes, while TV sideline reporting is partially dependent on camera presence (ok, objective attractiveness) and you might not believe it to be a real journalism job (as Bernstein doesn't), CSN and the NABJ and various women in the industry don't see it that way.

So unlike Megan Glaros or BRick's abundant nonsensical examples or some of this men's rights dipshittery about not being able to ogle women anymore, this is someone in the same industry as Bernstein, an industry where it's established (by whatever general consensus that you'd want find, SJWs on Twitter being just one) that women fighting to be above second-class. Bernstein, who has power and influence in the industry, dismissing a woman (though complimentary! Black people are good dancers!) as a sex object is a clear line-steppin' to me.

But sure, it looks to be losing steam. I think that just says more about WSCR's feeble management than the actual issue. If CSN talent appears on the station (the boycott the other way is still ongoing) that'd be interesting. I guess I'm just saying you don't have to assume Bernstein is gonna be made homeless to see how this was a 'big deal'.

*new LoHo section * mods learn how to merge topics * allow mods to be added to foes list * move fragility topics from DB/Shoutouts to Politics *

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:29 pm 

Reared on the Score wrote:
So unlike Megan Glaros or BRick's abundant nonsensical examples or some of this men's rights dipshittery about not being able to ogle women anymore, this is someone in the same industry as Bernstein, an industry where it's established (by whatever general consensus that you'd want find, SJWs on Twitter being just one) that women fighting to be above second-class. Bernstein, who has power and influence in the industry, dismissing a woman (though complimentary! Black people are good dancers!) as a sex object is a clear line-steppin' to me.
Her physical appearance is part of her job. If you have a problem with how women are hired in the television industry take it up with Comcast rather than Dan Bernstein.

It's a visual medium. The physical appearance of any person on television is fair game.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:43 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Her physical appearance is part of her job. If you have a problem with how women are hired in the television industry take it up with Comcast rather than Dan Bernstein.

It's a visual medium. The physical appearance of any person on television is fair game.

Let's try this hypothetical: you go to someone at your work and try and frame what Bernstein said as, actually, a fair criticism and really an indictment on an industry's hiring practice as a whole, and I'll bet that person probably already finds you annoying and wondered why you came and talked to them.

*new LoHo section * mods learn how to merge topics * allow mods to be added to foes list * move fragility topics from DB/Shoutouts to Politics *

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:46 pm 

Let's try this hypothetical: you go to someone at your work and try and frame what Bernstein said as, actually, a fair criticism and really an indictment on an industry's hiring practice as a hole, and I'll bet that person probably already finds you annoying and wondered why you came and talked to them.
A fair criticism? It wasn't a criticism at all.

It was a remark about the looks of someone on television.

Do you have Bernstein and Spiegel confused here? Bernstein didn't say anything negative or positive about her work.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:48 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Let's try this hypothetical: you go to someone at your work and try and frame what Bernstein said as, actually, a fair criticism and really an indictment on an industry's hiring practice as a hole, and I'll bet that person probably already finds you annoying and wondered why you came and talked to them.
A fair criticism? It wasn't a criticism at all.

It was a remark about the looks about someone on television.

Do you have Bernstein and Spiegel confused here? Bernstein didn't say anything negative or positive about her work.

I no longer have you confused with someone who understands the discussion.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:49 pm 

I'm sorry your question was dumb.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Chus wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:55 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I'm sorry your question was dumb.

It's ok. The question did reveal that 'Bernstein didn't even criticize her!' is an opinion one can have, which I really didn't foresee. I can't argue with that so I'll try and just concern myself with others. Since you keep score you can mark that down in your column.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:56 pm 

It's ok. The question did reveal that 'Bernstein didn't even criticize her!' is an opinion one can have, which I really didn't foresee. I can't argue with that so I'll try and just concern myself with others. Since you keep score you can mark that down in your column.
What was his criticism of her?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1366 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46  Next