It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 10:55 am 

wow... really listening to the full post game interview with derrick, i think it IS clear the team actually quit on THIBS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wprEbSkJKo

Derrick, after blah blah blah obvious premeditated drivel about thibs... "i dont mind him as a coach"

he doesnt want thibs back. i doubt anyone on the team does now. i think they play hard because they like eachother as teammates. really listen to this interview, knowing derrick as well as we do now, he says it all between the lines.

i think now i understand why pax wants thibs out. its true, nobody likes him!

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 11:44 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
It was funny to hear the discussion about Rose "giving up".

dan: Terry, you've been around the game for a long time, has an elite player ever given up in a playoff game before?

Terry: Uh, I, I, I, uh, yeah, a long time, a loooooooong time, and going back, look, going way, way back, eh, uh, I don't re..., I, uh, in recent memory, uh, eh, again, in recent memory, no, no player has ever given up that I can remember.

It's so fucking easy to forget The Great LeBron James a few years back against Boston.

someone called in and mentioned the boston series, but they kept insisting that he "at least showed up". from what i recall, he absolutely quit in the 4th quarter and in the last minute of the game...

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 12:41 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
I'm not saying everyone has to like Rose. You want to call him "dumb"? Okay, I'm sure he is, but he's a fucking basketball player, not a nuclear physicist. bernstein attacks Rose in a way that is vicious and personal. I find it distasteful. Rose never hurt anyone. He just got hurt.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 1:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
Seems an opportune time to remind everyone that The World's Greatest Boss is getting ready to hire his 4th coach in eight years. COUNTERPOINT: the Bulls haven't done anything wrong, and they're not going to do anything wrong.

JORR is right about Dan's attacks on Rose being nasty and personal and kind of gross.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 1:14 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Everyone would love to have John Paxson for a boss (except for the guy who got fired on Christmas Eve, the guy who had his office bugged, and the guy he choked).

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 1:35 pm 

my mind is changing about all this. watching this season CLOSE, the players were always obviously a unit if you listened to them speak and watched their demeanour on the bench.., but they played like they were poorly coached.

now if you listen to what rose says, AFTER first deflecting the question, then saying "what did you say? what was the question?", they asked him again, directly, DO YOU WANT THIBS TO STAY?

his response said it all. ...... blah blah "yeah i dont mind him as a coach"

this was right after he was asked about his teamates, and he happily spoke in detail how they felt like a family, because they are since they spend more time together than their real families.

listen to that whole rose post game interview. closely. its all in there.

the puzzle pieces all fit. we all know pax put together a group of intelligent try hard players. and they all spoke briefly and vague about everything all year. this is not a coincidence. they weren't playing for thibs this year, they were playing for themselves as a group. they quit on thibs, not the bulls organization.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 2:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
So it's also not Paxson's fault that all the try-hard players he drafted don't actually try hard all the time?

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 2:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Yesterday a caller said the reason the Bulls can't win is that they are too white..."can't have Hinrich, Gasol, Dunleavy, etc. on the floor. Other teams have athletes and we go after the program guys with good character."

And Bernstein (and Boers to a degree) agreed with him, saying he'd be fine if the Bulls eliminated the whites (I can't remember the exact phrase, but I thought at that moment if he had said the exact same thing about blacks--that he would be all for eliminating black players on the Cubs--he would be fired.) It was really an amazing comment for him to make considering Boobgate.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 2:43 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
He's bulletproof. Bernsie will be around as long as he wants to be.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 2:48 pm 
Site Admin

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Yesterday a caller said the reason the Bulls can't win is that they are too white..."can't have Hinrich, Gasol, Dunleavy, etc. on the floor. Other teams have athletes and we go after the program guys with good character."

And Bernstein (and Boers to a degree) agreed with him, saying he'd be fine if the Bulls eliminated the whites (I can't remember the exact phrase, but I thought at that moment if he had said the exact same thing about blacks--that he would be all for eliminating black players on the Cubs--he would be fired.) It was really an amazing comment for him to make considering Boobgate.

I'd be fine if the Score eliminated its whites. And its blacks. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 2:55 pm 

In case anyone wanted to hear it for themselves, it's in yesterday's Hour 3 podcast, around 14:20 (caller "West side James").

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/audio/boers ... tein-show/

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 5:04 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
No one has white basketball player's back. I suggest one starts an organization. Luc Longley?

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 6:35 pm 

Dave In Champaign wrote:
So it's also not Paxson's fault that all the try-hard players he drafted don't actually try hard all the time?

when you hate the guy telling you what to do its natural to suck at your job so hes fired.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 9:25 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Peoria Matt wrote:
He's bulletproof. Bernsie will be around as long as he wants to be.

No shit. I've been racking my brain over which guy is a better boss, Paxson or Mitch? I would absolutely love to work for either. Could never dream of being so #blessed.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 9:37 am 

Jaw Breaker wrote:

Was Dan one of the people who went hard on Dusty Baker for saying that dark-skinned players fare better in the sun? Because that turns out to be the same sort of dimestore racial theory Dan craps out about football and basketball.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 9:43 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
it's pretty much ok to dump on white people all you want. that's the way of the world like the hook from KMFDM's naive.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 9:45 am 

White people are like beer, the cure for and cause of everything.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 1:51 pm 

pizza_Place: J.B. Alberto's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I'm not saying everyone has to like Rose. You want to call him "dumb"? Okay, I'm sure he is, but he's a fucking basketball player, not a nuclear physicist. bernstein attacks Rose in a way that is vicious and personal. I find it distasteful. Rose never hurt anyone. He just got hurt.

Bernstein seems to be emotionally attached to Rose in some sort of horrifying way that he's not ready to admit. Remember during the 2011 Eastern Conference Finals he went apeshit on Schuster for insinuating that Rose was intimidated by LeBron's stifling defense? Same virulent reaction, different context.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 2:06 pm 

Yeah, Derrick was Chicago's surrogate son until he turned on those who loved him most (old Jews, I guess?).

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 7:59 pm 

my neighbor just asked me about my half brother.

"well, hes white isnt he?"

"...yeah" i replied

"well thats all that matters"

wisconsin... :(

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 9:54 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

dan: Terry, you've been around the game for a long time, has an elite player ever given up in a playoff game before?

Terry: Uh, I, I, I, uh, yeah, a long time, a loooooooong time, and going back, look, going way, way back, eh, uh, I don't re..., I, uh, in recent memory, uh, eh, again, in recent memory, no, no player has ever given up that I can remember.

It's so fucking easy to forget The Great LeBron James a few years back against Boston.

Or even ultimate competitor* Kobe Bryant - http://articles.latimes.com/2010/may/15 ... e-20100516

*he'll rip your face off!

*new LoHo section * mods learn how to merge topics * allow mods to be added to foes list * move fragility topics from DB/Shoutouts to Politics *

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 11:14 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Reared on the Score wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Or even ultimate competitor* Kobe Bryant - http://articles.latimes.com/2010/may/15 ... e-20100516

KING JAMES pretty much gave up on most, if not all, of that series, right? Wasn't just a single game.

Kobe is famous for pouting himself out of games as well.

The show is terrible and, judging by the content of these threads, it's getting worse and double down on bad.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 11:22 am 

SomeGuy wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

KING JAMES pretty much gave up on most, if not all, of that series, right? Wasn't just a single game.

The show is terrible and, judging by the content of these threads, it's getting worse and double down on bad.

I couldn't even get through Tranny on Friday, disingenuous meatball Bernstein is amongst his worst versions.

And today he farted out a 'report' saying that part of Rose's 'quitting' was a passive-aggressive power move at Jimmy Butler, so that fake-ass info will probably be presented as fact all afternoon. As Terry would say, that's-a no-gooood.

*new LoHo section * mods learn how to merge topics * allow mods to be added to foes list * move fragility topics from DB/Shoutouts to Politics *

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 11:30 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
SomeGuy wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I couldn't even get through Tranny on Friday, disingenuous meatball Bernstein is amongst his worst versions.

And today he farted out a 'report' saying that part of Rose's 'quitting' was a passive-aggressive power move at Jimmy Butler, so that fake-ass info will probably be presented as fact all afternoon. As Terry would say, that's-a no-gooood.

that is some weak ass "reporting".. vaguely referenced at best. We all know if dan has real sources they would be from management. what does management have to gain by feeding bernstein this stuff?

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 4:23 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d5TYpOfN3w

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 4:55 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
http://www.todaysfastbreak.com/nba-east/central/envisioning-chicago-bulls-under-fred-hoiberg-strategy-head-coach/

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 6:48 am 
Site Admin

There is no Plan B!

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 8:02 am 

Every day that goes by without Thibs being fired will make Danny more defensive and combative. Steve Aschburner was on the other day, and he refused to go along with the "anybody but Thibs" mantra. He went so far to say that if the Bulls hired Alvin Gentry, fans would be very unhappy a year from now due to the drop in coaching skill and the likelihood the Bulls would be a mediocre team.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 8:06 am 

I would def. like to see them hire a coach that is more offensive minded. I don't want a guy that is all offense no defense. That doesn't win in the NBA. The Bulls offensive system was tremendously flawed though they had better offensive players this yr. Its obvious that Paxson made a concerted effort to bring guys that can score. He wants a coach that adjusts to the talent available. Thibs is obviously not that guy.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 8:10 am 

long time guy wrote:
I don't want a guy that is all offense no defense. That doesn't win in the NBA.

In every league, there's always room for a team that zigs where the rest of the league zags. People said the same thing about the NFL until the Seahawks' defense shut down everything in their sight.