It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:28 am 

redskingreg wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Ive listened to maybe 3 hours of radio all year.

Guess you could say radio isn't your favorite...medium.

I was in Starbucks the other day and they accidentally gave me a Grande. I thought of you and Furious as I sent it back.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:36 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
"I forgot about this message board, but here are six very specific things I remember."

Also, your / you're.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:43 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
SnapzWagner wrote:
I thought I had completely forgotten about this MB, in fact I actually had, but an errant Google search for the "Listen Live" streaming link brought up the B&B message board from (ironically) the "Score670 fan site". I used to be a regular caller/contributor to the station, and once happened to spar off with a few idiots here back in the J Hood days of B&B. I believe my last engagement here was teeing off on some guy referring to Hood as a racial slur in an attempt to insult Bernstein. Fathom that a bit, yep you people are that dumb, you can't even accomplish ignorance without failing spectacularly. Not everyone here I would assume, but if your one who really has to ponder if I'm including them in my blanket statement of sorts, chances are your probably who I'm referring to. Pretty much everyone who's contributed to a B&B thread has contradicted themselves and shown their ass in one way or another. All of you ripping Dan for the whole twitter/boob remark scandal are just as guilty of objectifying women, (there's a friggen 'NSFW hot babes' section right at the message board homepage)

Which, btw, is all fine and good, I mean boobs are awesome, even someone with boobs knows that. It's the hypocrisy of "shame on Bernstein!" That make you all sound so stupid. Other trends I'm noticing;
The I can't listen to this crappy show/ but this remark made at 2:34 today really makes me hate Bernsie!"

Chiding Terry for having nothing of substance to say, or add to the show. Then quoting him word for word repeatedly

Some of you outing yourselves as anti-Semitic turds

Conspiracy theories of all sorts, the ones involving Abbatacola are especially dumb

The "Bernstein is the actual boss of the Score" are cute too. In fact, overall the very essence of this MB seems to be who can puke out the quickest "thought" without having to use things like logic, fact, or overall reality shape things
Honestly, like most everything, the reality resides in areas outside what's strictly black and white. Like - yea Bernstein is egotistical but he's also a bright guy. So is Terry when they occasionally poke his chair with the stick and wake him up, both of them have a very unique spin on being, really another sports fan that happens to get paid to talk about it for a living. I've met them before, along with Matty at a remote. Yes, Terry really is that weird, yes, Dan never shuts up, and yes Abbatacola really can drink - other than that, they were just really nice, down to earth guys.
I had to retire my original moniker almost 10 years ago when B&B decided they were done with caller nicknames, in fact my name is on the "Score caller/contributor" wall on this site. And I've listened to the station since 94, along the way I picked up some tips for all the "self loathing" Score fans out there. Two that come to mind immediately are if you don't like the station programming, turn off the friggin radio. Here's another one, if you hate Dan so much than don't follow him on any social media. You people make it too easy for him to have a laugh (at your expense)

Hi Bernsie.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:25 am 

long time guy wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Point is, with the exception of notable flare-ups, interest here is not as high as when the majority of the board liked the show.The hate-listening thing is overblown.

The thread action generated by that show still trumps the combined thread action of all the other shows by a wide margin. The disparity is not as great as it used to be, but it does still exist.

All of the other big names in sports talk in this city have either disengaged or disappeared.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:40 am 

SnapzWagner wrote:
I thought I had completely forgotten about this MB, in fact I actually had, but an errant Google search for the "Listen Live" streaming link brought up the B&B message board from (ironically) the "Score670 fan site". I used to be a regular caller/contributor to the station, and once happened to spar off with a few idiots here back in the J Hood days of B&B. I believe my last engagement here was teeing off on some guy referring to Hood as a racial slur in an attempt to insult Bernstein. Fathom that a bit, yep you people are that dumb, you can't even accomplish ignorance without failing spectacularly. Not everyone here I would assume, but if your one who really has to ponder if I'm including them in my blanket statement of sorts, chances are your probably who I'm referring to. Pretty much everyone who's contributed to a B&B thread has contradicted themselves and shown their ass in one way or another. All of you ripping Dan for the whole twitter/boob remark scandal are just as guilty of objectifying women, (there's a friggen 'NSFW hot babes' section right at the message board homepage)

Which, btw, is all fine and good, I mean boobs are awesome, even someone with boobs knows that. It's the hypocrisy of "shame on Bernstein!" That make you all sound so stupid. Other trends I'm noticing;
The I can't listen to this crappy show/ but this remark made at 2:34 today really makes me hate Bernsie!"

Chiding Terry for having nothing of substance to say, or add to the show. Then quoting him word for word repeatedly

Conspiracy theories of all sorts, the ones involving Abbatacola are especially dumb

The "Bernstein is the actual boss of the Score" are cute too. In fact, overall the very essence of this MB seems to be who can puke out the quickest "thought" without having to use things like logic, fact, or overall reality shape things
Honestly, like most everything, the reality resides in areas outside what's strictly black and white. Like - yea Bernstein is egotistical but he's also a bright guy. So is Terry when they occasionally poke his chair with the stick and wake him up, both of them have a very unique spin on being, really another sports fan that happens to get paid to talk about it for a living. I've met them before, along with Matty at a remote. Yes, Terry really is that weird, yes, Dan never shuts up, and yes Abbatacola really can drink - other than that, they were just really nice, down to earth guys.
I had to retire my original moniker almost 10 years ago when B&B decided they were done with caller nicknames, in fact my name is on the "Score caller/contributor" wall on this site. And I've listened to the station since 94, along the way I picked up some tips for all the "self loathing" Score fans out there. Two that come to mind immediately are if you don't like the station programming, turn off the friggin radio. Here's another one, if you hate Dan so much than don't follow him on any social media. You people make it too easy for him to have a laugh (at your expense)

verbose motherfucker

I appreciate a counter viewpoint on B and B popping up here. I may not agree but welcome back.

If you were at this site 10 years ago, you know it was far more brutal than today. A mother joke was like a hello. Don't get trolled

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:54 am 

good dolphin wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Point is, with the exception of notable flare-ups, interest here is not as high as when the majority of the board liked the show.The hate-listening thing is overblown.

The thread action generated by that show still trumps the combined thread action of all the other shows by a wide margin. The disparity is not as great as it used to be, but it does still exist.

All of the other big names in sports talk in this city have either disengaged or disappeared.

That is absolutely the truth.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:07 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Welcome back, Crazyfingers. Now leave.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's. Duh
SnapzWagner wrote:

I didn't read your entire manifesto. I stopped after the 'regular contributor' comment.

Weird/boring/annoying/drunk/unfunny guy who calls into the Score = 'Contributor'

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:50 pm 

SnapzWagner wrote:
Crazyfingers

No one remembers you or cares.

Including 'Matty'.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:00 pm 

SnapzWagner wrote:

You suck.

Boers and Bernstein are cool though.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
We could use Snapz' fire and passion in the clan.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
SnapzWagner wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:50 pm 

SnapzWagner wrote:
"See, we agree. I listen for the sports, but dont mind other stuff, but when nothing is real sports info, other than opinions from a tiny jewish guy sitting behind a desk, making up sources, I had to turn to other stuff. I go ESPN online, so when the phone rings, I can easily click pause....easier than tuning the anicent clock radio."

Cmon man, I really wanted to be proven wrong about where the site was and where it is now. What does "Jewish" have to do with anything? With the exception of a few people here I'm pleasantly surprised so far. And just like me posting here 10 years ago as CF I'm gonna speak my mind wether it cuts the majority or not

Someone has a big case of self importance. I can see why you defend Bernstein so deeply.

As far as anti-Semitic. If we can agree that anti-Semitism is a prejudice or hatred of members of the Jewish faith, then how is that any different than Bernstein's abject hatred of anyone and anything Christian? That abject hatred which he displays on a weekly basis?

So, just so we understand:

- Anti-Semitism which you assume posters are expressing = bad
- Anti-Christian hatred espoused weekly and freely by Bernstein on a public airwave = ok

Is that accurate?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:54 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Speculation that Rahm Emanuel and Theo Epstein would meet in the back of a synagogue to cut secret business deals is the most antisemitic thing I've ever heard on the Score. You'd think Mike North said it, but nope, it was Dan.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:55 pm 

Hockey Gay wrote:
We could use Snapz' fire and passion in the clan.

Nope.

Snapz is a Bernstein sycophant. 'Fire and Passion' people are to be made fun in that camp, not included.

His buddy 'Matty' told him as such. They became very tight during Snapz days as a 'contributor' to the Score.

BTW, 'Contributor' is an Entish word that loosely means 'weird unemployed guy who calls into the radio station and sits on hold for 3 hours to tell the host he agrees with him'

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:57 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Speculation that Rahm Emanuel and Theo Epstein would meet in the back of a synagogue to cut secret business deals is the most antisemitic thing I've ever heard on the Score. You'd think Mike North said it, but nope, it was Dan.

I'm not sure about Theo, but if Rahm was meeting in the back room of anything, I'm pretty sure Dan's other favorite pet topic would be involved...which with then be followed up by tweets about yet another fabulous one of those sort of weddings that SQN hosted last weekend.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
midenginerearwheeldrive wrote:
SnapzWagner wrote:
"See, we agree. I listen for the sports, but dont mind other stuff, but when nothing is real sports info, other than opinions from a tiny jewish guy sitting behind a desk, making up sources, I had to turn to other stuff. I go ESPN online, so when the phone rings, I can easily click pause....easier than tuning the anicent clock radio."

Cmon man, I really wanted to be proven wrong about where the site was and where it is now. What does "Jewish" have to do with anything? With the exception of a few people here I'm pleasantly surprised so far. And just like me posting here 10 years ago as CF I'm gonna speak my mind wether it cuts the majority or not

Someone has a big case of self importance. I can see why you defend Bernstein so deeply.

As far as anti-Semitic. If we can agree that anti-Semitism is a prejudice or hatred of members of the Jewish faith, then how is that any different than Bernstein's abject hatred of anyone and anything Christian? That abject hatred which he displays on a weekly basis?

- Anti-Christian hatred espoused weekly and freely by Bernstein on a public airwave = ok

Is that accurate?

Is it?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:58 pm 

No posts today. Has Snapz once again forgotten that this message board exists?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:10 pm 

bigfan wrote:
midenginerearwheeldrive wrote:
SnapzWagner wrote:

Is that accurate?

Is it?

Let's find out what our 'Contributor' friend/Matty's pal thinks.

He apparently thinks people on this board are anti a specific religious faith. All the while defending a radio host who regularly spouts his 'anti' of another religious faith.

Sounds just like a particular radio host.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
why this message board forgot you exist......Image

I'm out.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:29 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
SnapzWagner wrote:

This was a great rant. I'd love to punch the guy, but this was wonderfully spiteful. This needs to be re-fashioned into some poetry.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:58 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
I don't know how I missed this thread. It makes me miss bigfan. I really regret how that all went down.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:02 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
I'm not convinced the OP forgot the board exists.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:49 am 

ah, the simpler times of anti semitism instead of this racism we are stuck with today

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:06 am 

This guy is the worst of the annoying Michigan Wagner brothers.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Perusing 5.5 year old threads at 1:30 in the morning. Is this a cry for help Tommy?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:39 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
It was interesting to read LTGs coherence before his stroke.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.