It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 5:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:04 am 

I stopped listening to the score once I started to notice it becoming ironically, less and less about sports. Just look at the show threads on the Boers and Bernstein page. The only one that is about something sports related is the Carmelo Motherfing Anthony page, which is about three- four yrs old.

All the other threads are threads based on something Bernstein said that's essentially non-sports related. There is Bernstein's take on rape, the legal system, business, medicine, pop culture, food, parenting, politics etc. You have to search far and wide to find his take on sports though. Maybe they have discovered that talking sports is simply not entertaining.

It's a station of sports yakkers who don't really wish to be yakkers. It became a station that sought to impress you with their worldliness and personality. Talking sports was detrimental to this vast undertaking. I stopped listening as a result and have had a hard time returning. None of that stuff really matters as long as the ratings remain strong.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:08 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
long time guy wrote:
I stopped listening to the score once I started to notice it becoming ironically, less and less about sports. Just look at the show threads on the Boers and Bernstein page. The only one that is about something sports related is the Carmelo Motherfing Anthony page, which is about three- four yrs old.

All the other threads are threads based on something Bernstein said that's essentially non-sports related. There is Bernstein's take on rape, the legal system, business, medicine, pop culture, food, parenting, politics etc. You have to search far and wide to find his take on sports though. Maybe they have discovered that talking sports is not lucrative.

It's a station of sports yakkers who don't really wish to be yakkers. It became a station that sought to impress you with their worldliness and personality. Talking sports was detrimental to this vast undertaking. I stopped listening as a result and have had a hard time returning. None of that stuff really matters as long as the ratings remain strong.

See, we agree. I listen for the sports, but dont mind other stuff, but when nothing is real sports info, other than opinions from a tiny jewish guy sitting behind a desk, making up sources, I had to turn to other stuff. I go ESPN online, so when the phone rings, I can easily click pause....easier than tuning the anicent clock radio.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:20 am 

bigfan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

All the other threads are threads based on something Bernstein said that's essentially non-sports related. There is Bernstein's take on rape, the legal system, business, medicine, pop culture, food, parenting, politics etc. You have to search far and wide to find his take on sports though. Maybe they have discovered that talking sports is not lucrative.

See, we agree. I listen for the sports, but dont mind other stuff, but when nothing is real sports info, other than opinions from a tiny jewish guy sitting behind a desk, making up sources, I had to turn to other stuff. I go ESPN online, so when the phone rings, I can easily click pause....easier than tuning the anicent clock radio.

Yes we do agree. It was never more apparent for me than when Thibs was fired and Bernstein attempted to make it about Thibs making female office employees uncomfortable. He was attempting to compensate for his ignorance regarding on the court stuff by conjuring up some bullshit that no one else has yet to corroborate.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:24 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
I listen to 15-20 minutes a week of BB ..its bad. Dan does talk out of his ass. If you can't recognize that..that's on you.

I've maintained from day 1 that Abattaclueless is a moron. Goff ? Something changed in Atlanta.. He's a different guy on the air..its bad, he's a babbling longwinded goof who can't stop laughing.

I personally didn't think anything Dan was quoted as saying was bad, But if you are going to berate men for calling other men bitches or pussies" cause women are tough" or " being called a woman is not an insult!" :roll: then ya open yourself up for being called a hypocritical turd

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:27 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
lets see...Dan has slurred blacks, women, christians, white people, gays, Bobs....what else am I forgetting?

Dude's a regular Mike North without any degree of likability.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:27 am 

SnapzWagner wrote:
*tip my hat to LTG* good to hear someone gets it

Funny, because I just read a post of his on why he doesnt listen at all anymore?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:33 am 

bigfan wrote:
SnapzWagner wrote:

Funny, because I just read a post of his on why he doesnt listen at all anymore?

I don't listen anymore. I get my info mostly from the board. If I've caught a total of forty minutes in the last four months I'm exaggerating. I agree with his essential point that it is rather stupid to talk about how much you hate the show and then hang on almost every word stated by Bernstein.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:36 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
long time guy wrote:
bigfan wrote:
SnapzWagner wrote:

I don't listen anymore. I get my info mostly from the board. If I've caught a total of forty minutes in the last four months I'm exaggerating. I agree with his essential point that it is rather stupid to talk about how much you hate the show and then hang on almost every word stated by Bernstein.

Agreed

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:38 am 

long time guy wrote:
bigfan wrote:
SnapzWagner wrote:

While I know those people exists, it is less and less.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:39 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
I listen for the first time in months to here his take on the DRose Rape. Nothing. whole show is about darryl fucking dawkins who's only claim to fame was busting backboards in Philadelphia.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:49 am 

Hatchetman wrote:
I listen for the first time in months to here his take on the DRose Rape. Nothing. whole show is about darryl fucking dawkins who's only claim to fame was busting backboards in Philadelphia.

You know what Hatchet, the DRose rape is precisely the reason I stopped listening. I don't care about it. It will sort itself out in court. I would rather hear about Darryl Dawkins breaking back boards in Philly. I don't care about another chick that's trying to get paid simply because she fucked a pro athlete. If it's a story it belongs in a societal column. Let Sneed deal with that shit.

I caught three minutes of Goff and Spiegal and briefly heard them talking about how weak the Bears receivers are. I'm pretty sure that they, along with the great Bernstein, were among the leaders of the Marshall must go brigade. Why? because he is a douche. He would probably still be the Bears best receiver but he has to go because he is a cancer in the locker room. This is what passes for sports "analysis" these days.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Lugi's of Hong Kong
SnapzWagner wrote:
Went through a weird few months where Matty told me they were done with monikers but I was "grandfathered in" since I'd been using the moniker since B&B's beginning. Then I just stopped calling for several years and when I broke my silence Matty told me to just use my real name

I always thought the Ranger thing was stupid.
I hear you'll be out of work soon but hey you could always fall back on a gig where people quit to drive for Uber.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Dannys
Hockey Gay wrote:
SnapzWagner wrote:
I thought I had completely forgotten about this MB, in fact I actually had, but an errant Google search for the "Listen Live" streaming link brought up the B&B message board from (ironically) the "Score670 fan site". I used to be a regular caller/contributor to the station, and once happened to spar off with a few idiots here back in the J Hood days of B&B. I believe my last engagement here was teeing off on some guy referring to Hood as a racial slur in an attempt to insult Bernstein. Fathom that a bit, yep you people are that dumb, you can't even accomplish ignorance without failing spectacularly. Not everyone here I would assume, but if your one who really has to ponder if I'm including them in my blanket statement of sorts, chances are your probably who I'm referring to. Pretty much everyone who's contributed to a B&B thread has contradicted themselves and shown their ass in one way or another. All of you ripping Dan for the whole twitter/boob remark scandal are just as guilty of objectifying women, (there's a friggen 'NSFW hot babes' section right at the message board homepage)

Which, btw, is all fine and good, I mean boobs are awesome, even someone with boobs knows that. It's the hypocrisy of "shame on Bernstein!" That make you all sound so stupid. Other trends I'm noticing;
The I can't listen to this crappy show/ but this remark made at 2:34 today really makes me hate Bernsie!"

Chiding Terry for having nothing of substance to say, or add to the show. Then quoting him word for word repeatedly

Some of you outing yourselves as anti-Semitic turds

Conspiracy theories of all sorts, the ones involving Abbatacola are especially dumb

The "Bernstein is the actual boss of the Score" are cute too. In fact, overall the very essence of this MB seems to be who can puke out the quickest "thought" without having to use things like logic, fact, or overall reality shape things
Honestly, like most everything, the reality resides in areas outside what's strictly black and white. Like - yea Bernstein is egotistical but he's also a bright guy. So is Terry when they occasionally poke his chair with the stick and wake him up, both of them have a very unique spin on being, really another sports fan that happens to get paid to talk about it for a living. I've met them before, along with Matty at a remote. Yes, Terry really is that weird, yes, Dan never shuts up, and yes Abbatacola really can drink - other than that, they were just really nice, down to earth guys.
I had to retire my original moniker almost 10 years ago when B&B decided they were done with caller nicknames, in fact my name is on the "Score caller/contributor" wall on this site. And I've listened to the station since 94, along the way I picked up some tips for all the "self loathing" Score fans out there. Two that come to mind immediately are if you don't like the station programming, turn off the friggin radio. Here's another one, if you hate Dan so much than don't follow him on any social media. You people make it too easy for him to have a laugh (at your expense)

Cool. Your mom is a fat dyke. What you think of that?

Hmm, I don't know, I could take the high road and say your ignorance is on display seeing how the only rebuttal you have is a mom comment. Or I could just say I bet your welfare check your splitting time between this website and the "N.A.M.B.L.A." Members website where you chat it up with your nephew and make plans to meet up. How's Chris Hansen in person? Is he cool?

Take your pick, not like I haven't dealt with people like you on this site

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:05 pm 

Oops, forgot "You're"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:09 pm 

Few things can beat a broad generalization than making a broader generalization, as you successfuly complete with the criticisms directed here at this group.

The contradiction of "forgetting about the board" and then slogging through a few hunderd posts to get up to speed suggests that you either follow this board much more closely than you declare, or that you really never left. Either way, you seem to let a few trees define this forest.

Back before the show evolved (were you aware of this) and Bernstine began staking his ground as a SJW, his comments about "boobs" would have not only been laughed up but possibly material for future bits/segments. But once he began to look/shout down anyone who doesn't agree in lockstep with him he then mostly set himself up for the same fall he wishes upon others.

As for the suggestion of hanging on every word, I too have been a long time listener (predating you) and some habits are hard to break. But my PTFB has become so frequent that I rarely bother to tune in (Goff & Spiegs are no longer lead-in material). So when I do tune, and then when I do find something of note to post, I include a time mark for the podcasters to hear. And for the ALS to know when they think "fictional radio" was heard.

"Anti-Semetic turd?" Little, if anything, written here would match the open bigotry that Dan exhibits on a regular basis. Does he know better? He probably once did but of late seems to revel in such ignorance.

And yes, I too have met them all (on numerous occasions). So what? If the suggestion is that their on-air personas are an act, then I would somewhat concur. But it is no longer a good act. I listen less & less, and the concept of social media/blogs is pointless when there is no discourse/dialogue allowed. Is your boy Dan that big of a mangina?

Finally, if you don't know about the girl chained to the furnace in his basement then you don't really know Scorehead and how/why he writes what he writes. Maybe you need to read a few more hundred posts, maybe you just need to stick around and pick up on the pace and then the real vibe of the board.
Most of the criticsm about Dan (and the parrot named Terry) is rather specific and the result of people who once listened and liked what they heard but are now fed a diet of crap that would have killed this very station by the time you came around to listening.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:09 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
SnapzWagner wrote:
Oops, forgot "You're"

Thanks for checking in.

Sometimes I forget how stupid I am.

Always good to get a reminder.

I forgot I was anti-Semitic too. Not feelin' good to remember that.

Well...I guess...good with the bad and all that...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:14 pm 

"See, we agree. I listen for the sports, but dont mind other stuff, but when nothing is real sports info, other than opinions from a tiny jewish guy sitting behind a desk, making up sources, I had to turn to other stuff. I go ESPN online, so when the phone rings, I can easily click pause....easier than tuning the anicent clock radio."

Cmon man, I really wanted to be proven wrong about where the site was and where it is now. What does "Jewish" have to do with anything? With the exception of a few people here I'm pleasantly surprised so far. And just like me posting here 10 years ago as CF I'm gonna speak my mind wether it cuts the majority or not

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:16 pm 

Snapz has all the B&B hate listeners spinning in circles.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:19 pm 

No Clever Moniker wrote:
Few things can beat a broad generalization than making a broader generalization, as you successfuly complete with the criticisms directed here at this group.

The contradiction of "forgetting about the board" and then slogging through a few hunderd posts to get up to speed suggests that you either follow this board much more closely than you declare, or that you really never left. Either way, you seem to let a few trees define this forest.

Back before the show evolved (were you aware of this) and Bernstine began staking his ground as a SJW, his comments about "boobs" would have not only been laughed up but possibly material for future bits/segments. But once he began to look/shout down anyone who doesn't agree in lockstep with him he then mostly set himself up for the same fall he wishes upon others.

As for the suggestion of hanging on every word, I too have been a long time listener (predating you) and some habits are hard to break. But my PTFB has become so frequent that I rarely bother to tune in (Goff & Spiegs are no longer lead-in material). So when I do tune, and then when I do find something of note to post, I include a time mark for the podcasters to hear. And for the ALS to know when they think "fictional radio" was heard.

"Anti-Semetic turd?" Little, if anything, written here would match the open bigotry that Dan exhibits on a regular basis. Does he know better? He probably once did but of late seems to revel in such ignorance.

And yes, I too have met them all (on numerous occasions). So what? If the suggestion is that their on-air personas are an act, then I would somewhat concur. But it is no longer a good act. I listen less & less, and the concept of social media/blogs is pointless when there is no discourse/dialogue allowed. Is your boy Dan that big of a mangina?

Finally, if you don't know about the girl chained to the furnace in his basement then you don't really know Scorehead and how/why he writes what he writes. Maybe you need to read a few more hundred posts, maybe you just need to stick around and pick up on the pace and then the real vibe of the board.
Most of the criticsm about Dan (and the parrot named Terry) is rather specific and the result of people who once listened and liked what they heard but are now fed a diet of crap that would have killed this very station by the time you came around to listening.

Right, let's go with your premise - I haven't posted in 10 years (search the board for CF) and I just waited for my chance to jump in. Btw, didn't have to sort "100s of posts" it took about 10 min to see what I saw. Did you think I was speaking directly to you with my post? Idk, am I? You tell me

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:20 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Snapz has all the B&B hate listeners spinning in circles.

:wink:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
SnapzWagner wrote:
Hockey Gay wrote:
SnapzWagner wrote:
I thought I had completely forgotten about this MB, in fact I actually had, but an errant Google search for the "Listen Live" streaming link brought up the B&B message board from (ironically) the "Score670 fan site". I used to be a regular caller/contributor to the station, and once happened to spar off with a few idiots here back in the J Hood days of B&B. I believe my last engagement here was teeing off on some guy referring to Hood as a racial slur in an attempt to insult Bernstein. Fathom that a bit, yep you people are that dumb, you can't even accomplish ignorance without failing spectacularly. Not everyone here I would assume, but if your one who really has to ponder if I'm including them in my blanket statement of sorts, chances are your probably who I'm referring to. Pretty much everyone who's contributed to a B&B thread has contradicted themselves and shown their ass in one way or another. All of you ripping Dan for the whole twitter/boob remark scandal are just as guilty of objectifying women, (there's a friggen 'NSFW hot babes' section right at the message board homepage)

Which, btw, is all fine and good, I mean boobs are awesome, even someone with boobs knows that. It's the hypocrisy of "shame on Bernstein!" That make you all sound so stupid. Other trends I'm noticing;
The I can't listen to this crappy show/ but this remark made at 2:34 today really makes me hate Bernsie!"

Chiding Terry for having nothing of substance to say, or add to the show. Then quoting him word for word repeatedly

Some of you outing yourselves as anti-Semitic turds

Conspiracy theories of all sorts, the ones involving Abbatacola are especially dumb

The "Bernstein is the actual boss of the Score" are cute too. In fact, overall the very essence of this MB seems to be who can puke out the quickest "thought" without having to use things like logic, fact, or overall reality shape things
Honestly, like most everything, the reality resides in areas outside what's strictly black and white. Like - yea Bernstein is egotistical but he's also a bright guy. So is Terry when they occasionally poke his chair with the stick and wake him up, both of them have a very unique spin on being, really another sports fan that happens to get paid to talk about it for a living. I've met them before, along with Matty at a remote. Yes, Terry really is that weird, yes, Dan never shuts up, and yes Abbatacola really can drink - other than that, they were just really nice, down to earth guys.
I had to retire my original moniker almost 10 years ago when B&B decided they were done with caller nicknames, in fact my name is on the "Score caller/contributor" wall on this site. And I've listened to the station since 94, along the way I picked up some tips for all the "self loathing" Score fans out there. Two that come to mind immediately are if you don't like the station programming, turn off the friggin radio. Here's another one, if you hate Dan so much than don't follow him on any social media. You people make it too easy for him to have a laugh (at your expense)

Cool. Your mom is a fat dyke. What you think of that?

Hmm, I don't know, I could take the high road and say your ignorance is on display seeing how the only rebuttal you have is a mom comment. Or I could just say I bet your welfare check your splitting time between this website and the "N.A.M.B.L.A." Members website where you chat it up with your nephew and make plans to meet up. How's Chris Hansen in person? Is he cool?

Take your pick, not like I haven't dealt with people like you on this site

I prolapsed your mom's anus last night.

How does that make you feel?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:01 pm 

SnapzWagner wrote:
No Clever Moniker wrote:

Right, let's go with your premise - I haven't posted in 10 years (search the board for CF) and I just waited for my chance to jump in. Btw, didn't have to sort "100s of posts" it took about 10 min to see what I saw. Did you think I was speaking directly to you with my post? Idk, am I? You tell me

Sure, I'll keep it brief. What is your premise? You pop up and lob and we just take it? 10 years or 10 minutes, you want to lurk and then fire at least show one topic link, show us something posted on this board that makes for the anti-Semitic turds.

You've been around long enough to at least show better, you make some generalizations that start out casting a pretty wide net. One link would give some kind of foundation.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:01 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
I can't believe we gave this assbag 3 pages worth of attention. His initial post should have just been ignored.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:32 pm 

Waiting for the king of Danny asslicking, Schmutz dog to come back.

Snapz is fine, but he is a little bit better than the rest of us. :D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:55 pm 

Franky T wrote:
I can't believe we gave this assbag 3 pages worth of attention. His initial post should have just been ignored.

You can't ignore it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Hatchetman wrote:
Dude's a regular Mike North without any degree of likability.

That is the best succinct description of Berns. Perfect.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
SnapzWagner wrote:
Went through a weird few months where Matty told me they were done with monikers but I was "grandfathered in" since I'd been using the moniker since B&B's beginning. Then I just stopped calling for several years and when I broke my silence Matty told me to just use my real name

Wrong again you stupid piece of shit.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
I, for one, never listen to B&B anymore, except those times when I do. Besides those? Never.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:19 am 

Ive listened to maybe 3 hours of radio all year.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:22 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
rogers park bryan wrote:
Ive listened to maybe 3 hours of radio all year.

Guess you could say radio isn't your favorite...medium.