It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2039 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 68  Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:10 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
cookie23 wrote:
Never been blocked, but I don't tweet at people. So for anyone who has been blocked, nothing of substance, except I really think he breaks down the Bear games on twitter and on Monday's really well.

I just follow him on Bears games and unfollow after game ends.

All other tweets are a crossword puzzle and left wing talking point retweets/opinions. Again would continue to follow him, but just too many tweets on politics. I agree with most, but its just too much. And I have no idea what his goal is? Maybe it makes him feel good, but its so annoying.

He’s just trying to be popular in his social circle cocktail parties and his wife’s burrito wedding receptions.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
"The way I curated my Twitter feed." My goodness, who talks like that? Bernsie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
denisdman wrote:

It's how Bernstein says he put himself into a little bubble

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:06 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
denisdman wrote:

He probably is really cool to hang out with and have beers.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:09 pm 

pittmike wrote:
denisdman wrote:

He probably is really cool to hang out with and have beers.

Well, last time we did, he was drinking wine. I found him to be pleasant.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
denisdman wrote:

Is "curated" a new SJW buzzword?

DiCaro referred to the thread about her here as "curated harrassment."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:11 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
denisdman wrote:

I am no expert in that area, but I always think of curating and museums.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:28 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
http://curatedharassment.boards.net/

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:37 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Tad Queasy wrote:
denisdman wrote:

I don't think SJW has anything to do with it. It's the appropriate word when talking about managing one's Twitter feed. With retweets you get a lot of redundancy. Then there are those people who in "building their brand" will retweet anything that mentions them. It clutters your feed and makes it difficult to wade through to get to the stuff you really want to see.

I try to curate my feed so it's politically balanced. One thing that helped was that I started following an account called StopHimNow. It retweets anything you would ever want that is anti-Tump so I don't have to follow any other anti-Trump accounts.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:38 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
denisdman wrote:

I don't think SJW has anything to do with it. It's the appropriate word when talking about managing one's Twitter feed. With retweets you get a lot of redundancy. Then there are those people who in "building their brand" will retweet anything that mentions them. It clutters your feed and makes it difficult to wade through to get to the stuff you really want to see.

I try to curate my feed so it's politically balanced. One thing that helped was that I started following an account called StopHimNow. It retweets anything you would ever want that is anti-Tump so I don't have to follow any other anti-Trump accounts.

That seems like a lot of work but I don't twitter so maybe not.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:40 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Reading your antiquated newspapers each day isn't enough, now you must curate? :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
denisdman wrote:

I strictly use Twitter as a means of following sports and fantasy sports, so it's a bit annoying that over half the sports writers in the country believe they are political pundits. I'm not a big "stick to sports" guy but I really do wish many more of them would create a separate Twitter account for their personal lives and have a professional Adam Schefter-esque one for their jobs.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:43 pm 
Site Admin

FavreFan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
denisdman wrote:

I strictly use Twitter as a means of following sports and fantasy sports, so it's a bit annoying that over half the sports writers in the country believe they are political pundits. I'm not a big "stick to sports" guy but I really do wish many more of them would create a separate Twitter account for their personal lives and have a professional Adam Schefter-esque one for their jobs.

Right. And you could probably curate you feed in a way to eliminate most of those political guys while keeping the content you want by following different people.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:17 pm 

IF YOU DONT LIKE IT, CURATE.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:19 pm 

CURATES JUST FINE

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:11 pm 

curate or nine, whatever it takes

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:59 pm 

So I only follow Bernstein on Twitter during Bears games for I believe he has good insight. I follow much of the chi sports media and a tweet from someone blasting him came up on my twitter feed.

I will say this, he has gone to far. Did not care about the Boobs thing and agree with a lot of his social issues, but he just retweeted the most obscene thing ripping Stephen Colbert(who is on the left). Colbert was tweeting that people should not harass Tucker Carlson's home and kids.

Common sense. Going to someone's home on either side is a step waaaaay to far in political discourse. Dan just retweeted someone I have never heard of who is an extreme left guy basically saying it is okay and legitimizing it.

Dan has gone full crazy. 670 still employs this guy?

Just one person, but done with him and the Score. For better or worse he is the face of the score in 2018 and who was once a funny, witty, sharp guy has gone totally nuts.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:21 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
cookie23 wrote:
For better or worse he is the face of the score in 2018 and who was once a funny, witty, sharp guy has gone totally nuts.

Bernstein is no longer the FOTS.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
cookie23 wrote:
So I only follow Bernstein on Twitter during Bears games for I believe he has good insight. I follow much of the chi sports media and a tweet from someone blasting him came up on my twitter feed.

I will say this, he has gone to far. Did not care about the Boobs thing and agree with a lot of his social issues, but he just retweeted the most obscene thing ripping Stephen Colbert(who is on the left). Colbert was tweeting that people should not harass Tucker Carlson's home and kids.

Common sense. Going to someone's home on either side is a step waaaaay to far in political discourse. Dan just retweeted someone I have never heard of who is an extreme left guy basically saying it is okay and legitimizing it.

Just one person, but done with him and the Score. For better or worse he is the face of the score in 2018 and who was once a funny, witty, sharp guy has gone totally nuts.

This is what Bernstein retweeted:

After harassing and threatening a TV talk show host at his home you can return to your home, enjoy a meal provided by Blue Apron, and get a good night's sleep on your Brooklinen sheets.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Tad Queasy wrote:
cookie23 wrote:

This is what Bernstein retweeted:

After harassing and threatening a TV talk show host at his home you can return to your home, enjoy a meal provided by Blue Apron, and get a good night's sleep on your Brooklinen sheets.

Dan O'Sullivan doesn't realize this shitlib signaling only radicalizes more centrist normies. I hope he enjoys a short fall with a rope around his neck.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:10 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Tad Queasy wrote:

spot the lie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Curious Hair wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

spot the lie

Pretty much all of it. When and how does Tucker Carlson inulcate neo-Nazism? When and how does Tucker Carlson incite racists to "kill & maim real victims"?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:58 pm 
Site Admin

It's pretty odd to complain about neo-Nazism at the same time you're celebrating the election of Hijabi Hitler in Minnesota.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:26 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
What kind of douchebag uses the word "inculcating"? No wonder he retweeted it.

Colbert is 100% correct.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:00 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

spot the lie

It's not really about truth or lies. That's a dangerous, sociopathic opinion and it's a really shitty point of view to agree with.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:09 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Well, Tucker Carlson, through Fox News and his website The Daily Caller, has been a thought leader of sorts for the new right, albeit a more superficially respectable one than Richard Spencer, Gavin McInnes, or the assorted freaks who make eight-hour youtube videos about (((cultural Marxism))) hijacking video games. There's been an increase in far-right violence, right up to two weeks ago in Pittsburgh, where a conservative murdered Jews because Trump wasn't killing them for him, and it's not unfair to look at right-wing propaganda outlets, all the way up to presidential-administration adjunct Fox News, for some accountability in that. I don't think we should kill Tucker Carlson for what he does, but I don't know how much comfort he should be entitled to, as if he can preside over stoking these fires and then clock out at the end of the day and go back home. O'Sullivan's following tweets are useful here:

Quote:
The disconnect in the liberal mindset is so baffling to me. They're enamored of the idea of being the #Resistance against Trump types, but if you take the far-right seriously as Nazis-in-waiting, & act accordingly, you get shamed & chewed out as going too far, or being impolite.

Physically showing up to protest Tucker Carlson at his manor requires courage, owing the inevitable police action, far-right hatred, liberal tsk-tsking, & possible long-term economic consequences. Carlson somehow risks *nothing* being a Nazi propagandist.

Call me crazy, but maybe Nazi propagandists should be made to feel the slightest bit of heat for profiting off the spread of white power violence in a season that has had, what, 6 distinct far-right terror plots/attacks? Including the worst anti-Semitic attack in US history?

It kind of reminds me of the shit Bill Maher took after 9/11. They are laying it on the line by going to his door more than they would be by merely tweeting about him.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:27 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Well, Tucker Carlson, through Fox News and his website The Daily Caller, has been a thought leader of sorts for the new right, albeit a more superficially respectable one than Richard Spencer, Gavin McInnes, or the assorted freaks who make eight-hour youtube videos about (((cultural Marxism))) hijacking video games. There's been an increase in far-right violence, right up to two weeks ago in Pittsburgh, where a conservative murdered Jews because Trump wasn't killing them for him, and it's not unfair to look at right-wing propaganda outlets, all the way up to presidential-administration adjunct Fox News, for some accountability in that. I don't think we should kill Tucker Carlson for what he does, but I don't know how much comfort he should be entitled to, as if he can preside over stoking these fires and then clock out at the end of the day and go back home. O'Sullivan's following tweets are useful here:

In no way shape or form is Tucker Carlson or Gavin McInnes fall into the alt right. Both are conservatives that are not into illegal immigration. Richard Spencer is 100% an alt right nut job. Being a Republican does not mean that you are alt right.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:32 pm 

Some think it does.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:35 pm 

Sadly, there is a generation that thinks having a different idea than their own, means you are a Nazi. And I am not joking.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Those people in Pittsburgh should have been dead long ago. Remember, Dan repeatedly said to nuke the entire state.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2039 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 68  Next