It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2039 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 68  Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:42 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
"Please show kindness to people." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Kid, your dad is a complete fucking asshole to anyone with a bad Bears thought.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:43 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Kirkwood wrote:
People like Dan would be proud. Totally empty gesture but notable enough to brag. One step above retweeting a hashtag.

Yup, perfect description.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:46 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
hnd wrote:

um. where has trump said anything about taking something away from gay people. more black, latino, and gay people voted for trump than any other republican in history kid.

Tasteful vignetting on that photo, very artful.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:47 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Kiddo needs to listen to Daddy's show before he #evolved*

*Contact @SQNEvents for your gay wedding needs!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:47 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Lesbian babysitters?!?!? :tongue:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:55 am 

hnd wrote:

um. where has trump said anything about taking something away from gay people. more black, latino, and gay people voted for trump than any other republican in history kid.

Too little too late Jason.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:57 am 

pizza_Place: Coalfire
Will there be letters to Aiyana Cristal & Cheryl Scott too?

I'll hang up and listen.

#Optics

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:57 am 

Well, when you're on the sidelines for "look at my son's cute letter to Santa Claus," you get this, I guess.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
So now we know his kid isn't ghost writing senior's "columns"... That letter was much longer and better written than a senior blog post

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:03 pm 

waiting for the translations into Hebrew and Mandarin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:07 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
What am I missing? What was anti-Semitic?

Would love to see him in hot water over this (oh, wait, is that coded anti-semitism?)

Celebrities said they would flee the country if Trump won. Trump won, so Arrieta told them to follow through on it,.

I get that part, but I assumed most people don't equate celebrities with Jewish people. If someone says we should get rid of all the lawyers, is that anti-Semitic?

How is this a conversation? Unless someone actually says something specifically anti-Semitic, we should probably not assume they did. The boring one and the funny one were talking about this this morning on ESPN (yes, Spiegel and whoever was so bad that I turned it to ESPN). Apparently, Theo had to formally respond and yadda yadda yadda. We are a country of a bunch of pussies, no doubt.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
leashyourkids wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

Would love to see him in hot water over this (oh, wait, is that coded anti-semitism?)

Celebrities said they would flee the country if Trump won. Trump won, so Arrieta told them to follow through on it,.

I get that part, but I assumed most people don't equate celebrities with Jewish people. If someone says we should get rid of all the lawyers, is that anti-Semitic?

How is this a conversation? Unless someone actually says something specifically anti-Semitic, we should probably not assume they did. The boring one and the funny one were talking about this this morning on ESPN (yes, Spiegel and whoever was so bad that I turned it to ESPN). Apparently, Theo had to formally respond and yadda yadda yadda. We are a country of a bunch of pussies, no doubt.

It's the subtext or coded speech the SJW thought police claim is there even when it clearly isn't. By falsely accusing people of various -ists and -isms they can eventually make people afraid to voice their opinion for fear of being accused of being something they are not and of something for which they have no defense.

I am much more fearful of these people than I am of Donald Trump.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:27 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

It's the subtext or coded speech the SJW thought police claim is there even when it clearly isn't. By falsely accusing people of various -ists and -isms they can eventually make people afraid to voice their opinion for fear of being accused of being something they are not and of something for which they have no defense.

I wouldn't say I'm much more fearful, but they definitely scare me. The one part of me that is glad Trump won is because of them. It's a reality check to the strange bubble they live in where people are constantly trying not to offend each other.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
But that reality check hasn't set in yet, and I'm not sure it will. All you heard yesterday was "I don't need men/white people to tell me everything will be ok. This is not ok"

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:33 pm 

hnd wrote:

Maybe Julie DiCaro can start sending Little Jason's letter out to white men instead of Letter From Birmingham.

I honestly don't listen much-Reared On The Score Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:38 am

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
hnd wrote:

How did he come to find that letter? I find it incredibly hard to believe that the elder Bernstein just happened upon his son penning a thoughtful letter to Trump. This was either coaxed out of the kid ("Jason, I don't know if you're having trouble with this, but if you are, maybe you could write a letter to Mr. Trump...on behalf of your gay hockey coach and his adopted, black sons...oh, and your lesbian babysitter too, and I'll make sure you hit all the key dem--I mean, spelled things properly."), or he's to the point where he has learned to do this kind of stuff preemptively and bring it to his father.

This is a work, on some level.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:44 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

I wouldn't say I'm much more fearful, but they definitely scare me. The one part of me that is glad Trump won is because of them. It's a reality check to the strange bubble they live in where people are constantly trying not to offend each other.

Publicly falsely accusing someone of being a racist, sexist, misogynist, anti-semite, homophobe, etc. seems libelous to me, although I'm assuming it's probably not. That, and trying to get people fired from their jobs and ruin their reputation for expressing an opinion that differs from their own are the sorts of attempts at speech control I would expect to hear about in a totalitarian state. People don't seem to have any hesitation about doing these things, either.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:49 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
Publicly falsely accusing someone of being a racist, sexist, misogynist, anti-semite, homophobe, etc. seems libelous to me, although I'm assuming it's probably not. That, and trying to get people fired from their jobs and ruin their reputation for expressing an opinion that differs from their own are the sorts of attempts at speech control I would expect to hear about in a totalitarian state. People don't seem to have any hesitation about doing these things, either.

The other amazing part is how many buy into it (at least anecdotally). In 2016 in the U.S., there is a group of people who think that even people falsely accused of rape should be sacrificed "for the greater good."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:57 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
redskingreg wrote:
"Please show kindness to people." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Kid, your dad is a complete fucking asshole to anyone with a bad Bears thought.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I almost had a heart attack this made me laugh so hard.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:59 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

The other amazing part is how many buy into it (at least anecdotally). In 2016 in the U.S., there is a group of people who think that even people falsely accused of rape should be sacrificed "for the greater good."

Oh, yeah, that's completely insane. I suspect they would feel differently if their family member or friend were falsely accused but they likely don't have the foresight to consider that.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
You think for a 6th grader the kid would know cursive!(or just being of Dan's seed )

I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:04 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Tad Queasy wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

I am waiting for the Jake apology or deleted account.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:08 pm 
Site Admin

Walt Williams Neck wrote:
You think for a 6th grader the kid would know cursive!(or just being of Dan's seed )

I'm not sure they even teach cursive anymore, Walt. You guys with schoolkids, do they?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:09 pm 

Senor didn't ghostwrite that letter because it doesn't have mixed metaphors or emdashes.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:11 pm 
Site Admin

Curious Hair wrote:
Senor didn't ghostwrite that letter because it doesn't have mixed metaphors or emdashes.

:lol: I love em dashes! Very important in the JORR stylebook.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I'm not sure they even teach cursive anymore, Walt. You guys with schoolkids, do they?

When my kid wrote his letter to Santa last year asking for metta world peace and a couple toys and new jacket to replace the toys and winter coat he donated to the Goodwill for kids that don't have them , it was printed .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

Last edited by badrogue17 on Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Tad Queasy wrote:
Publicly falsely accusing someone of being a racist, sexist, misogynist, anti-semite, homophobe, etc. seems libelous to me, although I'm assuming it's probably not.

From what I've read, it can be, though courts seem quite hesitant to hand out verdicts in favor of plaintiffs claiming defamation stemming from claims of bigotry (and for good reason, too, as erring even just a smidge could have a huge chilling effect on free speech).

This opinion from Ward v Zelikovsky is quite interesting to read, especially Justice Stein's concurring opinion at the end.

pizza_Place: giordanos
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

My son is 17 now. He never was taught it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:18 pm 

My daughter spoke her first full sentence two nights ago. She said "I hope that, for the sake of my generation, President Trump moves to the center and encourages diversity of thought in his advisers. The radical protectionist views he espoused during the campaign were probably - and hopefully - hyperbole. Surely, a businessman such as himself understands the futility of fighting the inevitable and, admittedly painful, trek to globalization."

Then she shit her pants. Proud moment.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:22 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

:lol: I love em dashes! Very important in the JORR stylebook.

Agreed - a staple of the Dr. Ken style as well.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2039 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 68  Next