It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2039 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 68  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:01 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
tommy wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
He is correct.

No, he's not. "White supremacist" has different meanings. Bernstein is smuggling in one meaning when he really means (and can provide reasonable evidence for) another. He knows better and, more to the point, he calls people out on this rhetorical fudging all the time.

Either way, Trump's a jag.

What are the different meanings of the phrase "white supremacist"? I always take it to mean someone who thinks/says that white people are supreme because of their whiteness, but am unaware of any other. Are white racists, technically, white supremacists?

the rabid kind who want to come kill non-whites (asian wives seem to be excepted), all that crazy shit. the original meaning.

and then the other meaning encompasses any white person who wants whites to keep their position of advantage. these people are described as folks who vote white, move to white neighborhoods and towns when they can, etc. "the enablers," some people call them. can apply, depending on how you define it, to over 90% of whites. it's really interesting to call this "white supremacy." i'd say it isa useful term, if not for the other, original meaning, which mucks it up. i can't say for sure (and I ain't gonna check), but i think this came into vogue in the early 90s with Ruth Frankenberg and David Roediger.

i've heard some other nuances, too, but i have had a fever all day and am not making sense.

anywho, depending on who you ask, you might get one definition or the other, but there's a lot of sliding back and forth.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:29 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
People do not hate blacks, they hate liberals.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:15 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
He is correct.

Trump trying to spin the arms locked thing as a WIN for him.

Cant blame him for trying

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:30 am 

America wrote:

How dare you tell people who they hate?

Incidentally,

Was on a friend's boat Saturday, stopped at a sand bar. Hanging out with a few couples. Men talking about boats, women talking about shopping (like the good old days) and one of the woman announces "oh yea, I love Target, its clean and dont have to deal with the (insert italian slur for black people), they cant afford it"

Just out of fucking nowhere.

Pretty uncomfortable. Luckily we left like 5 minutes later.

But that's not even the harsh ones. There are lots of people who hate black people and would love to tell you about it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:31 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
rogers park bryan wrote:
America wrote:

Incidentally,

Was on a friend's boat Saturday, stopped at a sand bar. Hanging out with a few couples. Men talking about boats, women talking about shopping (like the good old days) and one of the woman announces "oh yea, I love Target, its clean and dont have to deal with the (insert italian slur for black people), they cant afford it"

But that's not even the harsh ones. There are lots of people who hate black people and would love to tell you about it.

That was you? My wife was wondering why you guys left so abruptly.

Off to Target...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:33 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
rogers park bryan wrote:
America wrote:

Incidentally,

I'm watching The Sopranos for the first time and I just watched the episode where Tony yells at the black/Jewish kid that Meadow brings home. That kid had a lot of spunk to say "Fuck You" to Tony in his own house. Clearly he has no idea who he actually is. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:36 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
America wrote:

Incidentally,

So what? Doesn't mean she hates black people. If she was telling it as a joke, then quit being such a burrito and lighten up. If she was actually genuine then maybe she doesn't like being surrounded by blacks? I take it she's white? For millennia people have "stuck to their own", that doesn't mean she wants black people to be discriminated against by the state or that she sees them as less than human. If someone from Turkey living in the USA said they liked going to a Turkish grocery store because there are lots of other people from Turkey there you wouldn't care.

Quit being so sensitive.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:36 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
so he basically pulled a jemele hill, will CBS corporate (or whoever plans to own cbs radio) do anything about it? you can't suspend FOTS!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:37 am 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
America wrote:

Incidentally,

I'm watching The Sopranos for the first time and I just watched the episode where Tony yells at the black/Jewish kid that Meadow brings home. That kid had a lot of spunk to say "Fuck You" to Tony in his own house. Clearly he has no idea who he actually is. :lol:

You're watching it for the first time? Nice.

Wikipedia the side characters as you go. Huge cast (like thrones and the wire) and they all have specific back stories that link and make sense.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:39 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
America wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
America wrote:

Incidentally,

So what? Doesn't mean she hates black people. If she was telling it as a joke, then quit being such a burrito and lighten up. If she was actually genuine then maybe she doesn't like being surrounded by blacks? I take it she's white? For millennia people have "stuck to their own", that doesn't mean she wants black people to be discriminated against by the state or that she sees them as less than human. If someone from Turkey living in the USA said they liked going to a Turkish grocery store because there are lots of other people from Turkey there you wouldn't care.

Quit being so sensitive.

You're a goddamn moron. Or willfully ignorant.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:41 am 

America wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
America wrote:

Incidentally,

Quit being so sensitive.

:lol: :lol:

I made a point to separate her and say she isnt even who I am talking about being hateful. Did you miss that?

I guess I took the part where she used a slur and laughingly said they cant afford it as derogatory.

But yea, I've always been uncomfortable with racial slurs.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:50 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
America wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
America wrote:

Incidentally,

Quit being so sensitive.

I made a point to separate her and say she isnt even who I am talking about being hateful. Did you miss that?

I guess I took the part where she used a slur and laughingly said they cant afford it as derogatory.

But yea, I've always been uncomfortable with racial slurs.

I'm sorry you're uncomfortable. Is there anything we can do to make your stay on Earth more pleasant? I mean, were all here to make sure you are as comfortable as possible. Let us know.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:51 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
America is a strange country/poster.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:52 am 

America wrote:
I'm sorry you're uncomfortable. Is there anything we can do to make your stay on Earth more pleasant? I mean, were all here to make sure you are as comfortable as possible. Let us know.

No one has to do anything. I just don't associate with those people. I don't miss them and they probably don't miss me (although I am pretty cool)

Now complete the cycle and say I need a safe space because some dumb ass threw out a racial slur for no reason and I wasnt a fan of it.

Last edited by rogers park bryan on Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:53 am 

Hank Scorpio wrote:

Just your typical segregated Chicago xenophobe.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:54 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Jbi11s wrote:
America wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
America wrote:

Incidentally,

Quit being so sensitive.

You're a goddamn moron. Or willfully ignorant.

seconded.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:58 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
America wrote:

No one has to do anything. I just don't associate with those people. I don't miss them and they probably don't miss me (although I am pretty cool)

Now complete the cycle and say I need a safe space because some dumb ass threw out a racial slur for no reason and I wasnt a fan of it.

The fact that you already know what kind of reaction people will have to your pearl clutching bitchfits says it all doesn't it? You don't need a safe space, you've already got one. Go talk about the Wire and Kendrick Lamar with your yuppie friends, like worshipping black culture somehow makes up for how thoroughly you've demasculated yourself.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:59 am 

America wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
America wrote:

The fact that you already know what kind of reaction people will have to your pearl clutching bitchfits says it all doesn't it? You don't need a safe space, you've already got one. Go talk about the Wire and Kendrick Lamar with your yuppie friends, like worshipping black culture somehow makes up for how thoroughly you've demasculated yourself.

What is American culture to you America?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:02 am 

America wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
America wrote:

I also love The Sopranos though! And Game of Thrones!

I must worship Italian and Dragon culture, too!

I would love if you could explain how this means or relates to demasculating myself. That's interesting.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:04 am 

You already know. I don't have to tell you.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:05 am 

America wrote:

I'm one of the few people here who never dismisses you based on some things you've posted in the past. Humor me.

Also, why so mad? or whatever you are right now? You care what I think?

Also, the yuppies thing is hilarious. I spend 75% of my recreational time in Monticello, Indiana. Not many yuppies out there! You would love it!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:09 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
America wrote:

I'm one of the few people here who never dismisses you based on some things you've posted in the past. Humor me.

Because you should stick to your own race, and whatever that race's perceived, attributed culture is.

How do people like America not see how blending cultures helps a society advance? What is the concern there?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:20 am 

Jbi11s wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
America wrote:

Because you should stick to your own race, and whatever that race's perceived, attributed culture is.

How do people like America not see how blending cultures helps a society advance? What is the concern there?

I'm not even that woke. I just dont care for the slurs. It seems hateful. Im a guy who likes to keep it positive.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:21 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
America wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
America wrote:

You have to admit this is kinda funny.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:26 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
You have to admit this is kinda funny.

I dont have to do nothing but stay (worshipping) black (culture) and die!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:27 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Hank Scorpio wrote:

i used to think this. but being a very mad edgy white guy (grrrrr!) is popular now.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:28 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
America wrote:
Go talk about the Wire and Kendrick Lamar with your yuppie friends, like worshipping black culture somehow makes up for how thoroughly you've demasculated yourself.

damn dude

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:05 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
rogers park bryan wrote:
America wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
America wrote:

I also love The Sopranos though! And Game of Thrones!

I must worship Italian and Dragon culture, too!

I would love if you could explain how this means or relates to demasculating myself. That's interesting.

I think it puts you on the cuck spectrum.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:07 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Hank Scorpio wrote:

This is actually a great topic for the General Discussion forum: Who is the strangest poster in board history? America, Big Fan, and Panther are all in the team photo.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:08 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
rogers park bryan wrote:
America wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
America wrote:

I also love The Sopranos though!

So you turned off the Sopranos everytime a racist comment was made?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2039 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 68  Next